Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2020, 04:05 PM   #1  
IP Round #3: 1/1/2021

S/C/G: 204/188/145

Height: 5'5"/46yo

Default Ideal Protein Winter Chat Thread (12/2020-2/2021)

I hope everyone is doing well! I am doing my reboot #3 after a stressful quarantine period. I did not do well, but am ready to turn this boat around. I had stopped round #2 last October with a few pounds left and started to creep up after the holidays and was going to do a quick month...and then March 2020 happened.
I've pretty much gone back to where I started. I'm not doing a clinic and using alternatives and myfitnesspal to track my WI (I weigh myself daily). It's comforting knowing I can come back here and check up, get some recipe ideas, and no judgement. I joined a Facebook group that was pretty harsh, I need a little bit of grace.
Old 12-10-2020, 04:48 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 262/250/???

Height: 5'6"

I will join you Liz in a few days!! So glad to see you here!!
Old 12-10-2020, 06:14 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusblossom View Post
I will join you Liz in a few days!! So glad to see you here!!
WooHoo! I got a bunch of stuff in yesterday and still had some spare IP packets. I have the Lemon Matcha Tea drink and some Raspberry Gelatin IP packets still that I am not a fan of. I turned the Gelatin into a salad dressing with 1/2 c ACV and 8 tsp EVOO for 4 servings of dressing (1 serving = 2 tsp allowance of EVOO) that turned out pretty good. I'm not a natural "salad eater", so this helps!
Old 01-03-2021, 08:10 PM   #4  

Well - I threw myself off the wagon again before Christmas, so I'm not going to count that last time as "Round 3" - this time, for real! LOL...I know New Years Resolutions are kitchy, but I'm giving it a real go round this Jan 1, 2020. I "saved" my products from December (aka, didn't eat them over the holidays) so I have plenty to get through for a while. I should have known going through the holidays would be hard, especially with how much flaky I had been on the diet lately. I did So Good my first go round, my second round was a little glitchy, but I went through it, then - well, thanks pandemic .. at least I have more time at home to cook my food!
Old 01-07-2021, 02:09 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 320/396/175

Height: 5'8"

Im back on the IP train myself, was doing well in the fall , had a slip up around halloween , and christmas was rocky. I only gained 3 lbs over the holidays which was pretty impressive if you saw what I put into myself. But, my body felt every bit of it and I can't wait to get some energy back and not feel so sluggish.
Old 01-07-2021, 11:02 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaperTiff View Post
Im back on the IP train myself, was doing well in the fall , had a slip up around halloween , and christmas was rocky. I only gained 3 lbs over the holidays which was pretty impressive if you saw what I put into myself. But, my body felt every bit of it and I can't wait to get some energy back and not feel so sluggish.
LOL - I WISH I only gained 3lb over the holidays - it was pretty rough. I know it's only been 6 days, but I'm feeling more determined this time compared to my first Round 3 in Dec (let's just call that a trial run) - probably because I totally obliterated myself over the holidays! Nothing like hitting rock bottom as motivation to lift yourself up I guess. I have noticed when I don't keep up on here I seem to have more slip ups - I am really making an effort to keep up on the "what are you eating" thread, even if I'm the only one on there, it's a nice "scratch pad" for me to plan my meals for the day. I'm WFH now, so I have more time to prep meals.
I'll be honest, I did drink A LOT over the holidays, and really this whole pandemic I turned to wine way too many times to deal with the stress (which contributed to my quick weight gain). Another reason I want to stick to this to prove to myself I am stronger than alcohol and I really need to detox!
Old 01-07-2021, 07:45 PM   #7  
Started IP 1/29/2013

S/C/G: 194/174.4/145

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
LOL - I WISH I only gained 3lb over the holidays - it was pretty rough. I know it's only been 6 days, but I'm feeling more determined this time compared to my first Round 3 in Dec (let's just call that a trial run) - probably because I totally obliterated myself over the holidays! Nothing like hitting rock bottom as motivation to lift yourself up I guess. I have noticed when I don't keep up on here I seem to have more slip ups - I am really making an effort to keep up on the "what are you eating" thread, even if I'm the only one on there, it's a nice "scratch pad" for me to plan my meals for the day. I'm WFH now, so I have more time to prep meals.
I'll be honest, I did drink A LOT over the holidays, and really this whole pandemic I turned to wine way too many times to deal with the stress (which contributed to my quick weight gain). Another reason I want to stick to this to prove to myself I am stronger than alcohol and I really need to detox!
Hey Liz,
I am right there with you. Family issues and my momís passing led me to lean on wine more and more. The wine led to a lot of snacking and eating foods I shouldnít. I have been beating myself up because I canít believe I am here again (3rd IP time for me also). I am completing my first week back on program tomorrow and have had some bad headaches but pickle juice helped. I am now moving forward and not looking back because I know I can do this. I donít post much but check everyday and itís nice to see you and others here. This website keeps me accountable and taught me so many things.
Old 01-08-2021, 10:46 AM   #8  

I'm so sorry about your mom, things are already hard enough without adding anything else onto that mental load. I drank the last of my wine on NYE and thought it was a perfect time for IP - even during my second and trial round I would sneak it in (WAY more recently though). Today is the end of my first week too! No headaches, but I haven't been able to sleep very well, and honestly I used to use wine as a "sleep aid", so I'm sure that has a part to play...keep me honest jelliehel!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelliehel View Post
Hey Liz,
I am right there with you. Family issues and my momís passing led me to lean on wine more and more. The wine led to a lot of snacking and eating foods I shouldnít. I have been beating myself up because I canít believe I am here again (3rd IP time for me also). I am completing my first week back on program tomorrow and have had some bad headaches but pickle juice helped. I am now moving forward and not looking back because I know I can do this. I donít post much but check everyday and itís nice to see you and others here. This website keeps me accountable and taught me so many things.
Old 01-08-2021, 07:07 PM   #9  
Started IP 1/29/2013

[QUOTE=LizRR;5425907]I'm so sorry about your mom, things are already hard enough without adding anything else onto that mental load. I drank the last of my wine on NYE and thought it was a perfect time for IP - even during my second and trial round I would sneak it in (WAY more recently though). Today is the end of my first week too! No headaches, but I haven't been able to sleep very well, and honestly I used to use wine as a "sleep aid", so I'm sure that has a part to play...keep me honest jelliehel!!![/QU

Thanks for the wishes about my Mom. Never easy...we will keep each other honest
Old 01-10-2021, 03:29 PM   #10  

Joining you guys again tomorrow on Monday. I have lots of products so I am good her quite a while! I also joined a challenge so that helps the motivation as well. Once I get started, I am good but sometimes have a lot of trouble getting started! We can all do this together! Hopefully we can all post as much as possible...
Old 01-11-2021, 11:08 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusblossom View Post
Joining you guys again tomorrow on Monday. I have lots of products so I am good her quite a while! I also joined a challenge so that helps the motivation as well. Once I get started, I am good but sometimes have a lot of trouble getting started! We can all do this together! Hopefully we can all post as much as possible...
Woohoo cactusblossom! Team of 3 starting 2021!!!!

I had a bit of a weak spell this weekend so wasn't 100% on plan, but I did the best I could - I didn't eat anything off plan - but I went WAY over my daily veggies, so I guess it was a "healthy cheat" and had 1 extra packet. Typically the weekends are hard for me AND I am expecting Aunt Flo to visit soon. Better than pizza binging I guess...veggie binging...

I made this cauliflower/red pepper "hummus" that I meant to eat as my vegetables throughout the day, but ate in one sitting at lunch! So by dinner I was hungry again and added extra mushrooms to my soup, so I guess if overeating on cauliflower, bell peppers, jalapeno, and mushrooms is cheating....I wasn't too, too bad - but definitely not making that a habit. I know they still have carbs (especially red bell pepper).

Getting back on track today, I'll post my hummus recipe, as it actually WAS really good - I ate it with a spoon because I HAD to have it, but had planned on making radish chips to eat it with.
Old 01-17-2021, 09:28 AM   #12  
Started IP 1/29/2013

Hi!
Just saying hello and hope all are doing well. So far so good. On week 3 and I have that crazy energy feeling I remember from doing IP before and also decreased cravings. Hopefully that can keep me on track. Iíve been having lower back pain for a while now and hoping with continued weight loss that will improve. Have a great week!
Old 01-17-2021, 05:24 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelliehel View Post
Hi!
Just saying hello and hope all are doing well. So far so good. On week 3 and I have that crazy energy feeling I remember from doing IP before and also decreased cravings. Hopefully that can keep me on track. Iíve been having lower back pain for a while now and hoping with continued weight loss that will improve. Have a great week!
Hello!! Sounds like you are doing great!! I am finishing my 1st week today and feeling good. Have lots of aches and pains also, so hoping they will get better! Have a great week!! : )
Old 01-18-2021, 12:47 PM   #14  

I had a bad weekend - I'm back on it though....why are weekends so hard!
Old 01-22-2021, 06:56 PM   #15  

Hope everyone is doing good. I'm having a good run right now of days! Just need to keep it going...😊 hope you are all doing well!!
Closed Thread