3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Ideal Protein Winter Chat Thread (12/2020-2/2021) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/321463-ideal-protein-winter-chat-thread-12-2020-2-2021-a.html)

LizRR 12-06-2020 03:05 PM

Ideal Protein Winter Chat Thread (12/2020-2/2021)

I hope everyone is doing well! I am doing my reboot #3 after a stressful quarantine period. I did not do well, but am ready to turn this boat around. I had stopped round #2 last October with a few pounds left and started to creep up after the holidays and was going to do a quick month...and then March 2020 happened.
I've pretty much gone back to where I started. I'm not doing a clinic and using alternatives and myfitnesspal to track my WI (I weigh myself daily). It's comforting knowing I can come back here and check up, get some recipe ideas, and no judgement. I joined a Facebook group that was pretty harsh, I need a little bit of grace.

cactusblossom 12-10-2020 03:48 PM

I will join you Liz in a few days!! So glad to see you here!! :)

LizRR 12-10-2020 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cactusblossom (Post 5423837)
I will join you Liz in a few days!! So glad to see you here!! :)

WooHoo! I got a bunch of stuff in yesterday and still had some spare IP packets. I have the Lemon Matcha Tea drink and some Raspberry Gelatin IP packets still that I am not a fan of. I turned the Gelatin into a salad dressing with 1/2 c ACV and 8 tsp EVOO for 4 servings of dressing (1 serving = 2 tsp allowance of EVOO) that turned out pretty good. I'm not a natural "salad eater", so this helps!

LizRR 01-03-2021 07:10 PM

Well - I threw myself off the wagon again before Christmas, so I'm not going to count that last time as "Round 3" - this time, for real! LOL...I know New Years Resolutions are kitchy, but I'm giving it a real go round this Jan 1, 2020. I "saved" my products from December (aka, didn't eat them over the holidays) so I have plenty to get through for a while. I should have known going through the holidays would be hard, especially with how much flaky I had been on the diet lately. I did So Good my first go round, my second round was a little glitchy, but I went through it, then - well, thanks pandemic .. at least I have more time at home to cook my food!

CaperTiff 01-07-2021 01:09 AM

Im back on the IP train myself, was doing well in the fall , had a slip up around halloween , and christmas was rocky. I only gained 3 lbs over the holidays which was pretty impressive if you saw what I put into myself. But, my body felt every bit of it and I can't wait to get some energy back and not feel so sluggish.

LizRR 01-07-2021 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaperTiff (Post 5425806)
Im back on the IP train myself, was doing well in the fall , had a slip up around halloween , and christmas was rocky. I only gained 3 lbs over the holidays which was pretty impressive if you saw what I put into myself. But, my body felt every bit of it and I can't wait to get some energy back and not feel so sluggish.

LOL - I WISH I only gained 3lb over the holidays - it was pretty rough. I know it's only been 6 days, but I'm feeling more determined this time compared to my first Round 3 in Dec (let's just call that a trial run) - probably because I totally obliterated myself over the holidays! Nothing like hitting rock bottom as motivation to lift yourself up I guess. I have noticed when I don't keep up on here I seem to have more slip ups - I am really making an effort to keep up on the "what are you eating" thread, even if I'm the only one on there, it's a nice "scratch pad" for me to plan my meals for the day. I'm WFH now, so I have more time to prep meals.
I'll be honest, I did drink A LOT over the holidays, and really this whole pandemic I turned to wine way too many times to deal with the stress (which contributed to my quick weight gain). Another reason I want to stick to this to prove to myself I am stronger than alcohol and I really need to detox!

jelliehel 01-07-2021 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LizRR (Post 5425838)
LOL - I WISH I only gained 3lb over the holidays - it was pretty rough. I know it's only been 6 days, but I'm feeling more determined this time compared to my first Round 3 in Dec (let's just call that a trial run) - probably because I totally obliterated myself over the holidays! Nothing like hitting rock bottom as motivation to lift yourself up I guess. I have noticed when I don't keep up on here I seem to have more slip ups - I am really making an effort to keep up on the "what are you eating" thread, even if I'm the only one on there, it's a nice "scratch pad" for me to plan my meals for the day. I'm WFH now, so I have more time to prep meals.
I'll be honest, I did drink A LOT over the holidays, and really this whole pandemic I turned to wine way too many times to deal with the stress (which contributed to my quick weight gain). Another reason I want to stick to this to prove to myself I am stronger than alcohol and I really need to detox!

Hey Liz,
I am right there with you. Family issues and my mom’s passing led me to lean on wine more and more. The wine led to a lot of snacking and eating foods I shouldn’t. I have been beating myself up because I can’t believe I am here again (3rd IP time for me also). I am completing my first week back on program tomorrow and have had some bad headaches but pickle juice helped. I am now moving forward and not looking back because I know I can do this. I don’t post much but check everyday and it’s nice to see you and others here. This website keeps me accountable and taught me so many things.

LizRR 01-08-2021 09:46 AM

I'm so sorry about your mom, things are already hard enough without adding anything else onto that mental load. I drank the last of my wine on NYE and thought it was a perfect time for IP - even during my second and trial round I would sneak it in (WAY more recently though). Today is the end of my first week too! No headaches, but I haven't been able to sleep very well, and honestly I used to use wine as a "sleep aid", so I'm sure that has a part to play...keep me honest jelliehel!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jelliehel (Post 5425866)
Hey Liz,
I am right there with you. Family issues and my mom’s passing led me to lean on wine more and more. The wine led to a lot of snacking and eating foods I shouldn’t. I have been beating myself up because I can’t believe I am here again (3rd IP time for me also). I am completing my first week back on program tomorrow and have had some bad headaches but pickle juice helped. I am now moving forward and not looking back because I know I can do this. I don’t post much but check everyday and it’s nice to see you and others here. This website keeps me accountable and taught me so many things.

jelliehel 01-08-2021 06:07 PM

[QUOTE=LizRR;5425907]I'm so sorry about your mom, things are already hard enough without adding anything else onto that mental load. I drank the last of my wine on NYE and thought it was a perfect time for IP - even during my second and trial round I would sneak it in (WAY more recently though). Today is the end of my first week too! No headaches, but I haven't been able to sleep very well, and honestly I used to use wine as a "sleep aid", so I'm sure that has a part to play...keep me honest jelliehel!!![/QU

Thanks for the wishes about my Mom. Never easy...we will keep each other honest ;)

cactusblossom 01-10-2021 02:29 PM

Joining you guys again tomorrow on Monday. I have lots of products so I am good her quite a while! I also joined a challenge so that helps the motivation as well. Once I get started, I am good but sometimes have a lot of trouble getting started! We can all do this together! Hopefully we can all post as much as possible...:hug:

LizRR 01-11-2021 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cactusblossom (Post 5426047)
Joining you guys again tomorrow on Monday. I have lots of products so I am good her quite a while! I also joined a challenge so that helps the motivation as well. Once I get started, I am good but sometimes have a lot of trouble getting started! We can all do this together! Hopefully we can all post as much as possible...:hug:

Woohoo cactusblossom! Team of 3 starting 2021!!!!

I had a bit of a weak spell this weekend so wasn't 100% on plan, but I did the best I could - I didn't eat anything off plan - but I went WAY over my daily veggies, so I guess it was a "healthy cheat" and had 1 extra packet. Typically the weekends are hard for me AND I am expecting Aunt Flo to visit soon. Better than pizza binging I guess...veggie binging...

I made this cauliflower/red pepper "hummus" that I meant to eat as my vegetables throughout the day, but ate in one sitting at lunch! So by dinner I was hungry again and added extra mushrooms to my soup, so I guess if overeating on cauliflower, bell peppers, jalapeno, and mushrooms is cheating....I wasn't too, too bad - but definitely not making that a habit. I know they still have carbs (especially red bell pepper).

Getting back on track today, I'll post my hummus recipe, as it actually WAS really good - I ate it with a spoon because I HAD to have it, but had planned on making radish chips to eat it with.

jelliehel 01-17-2021 08:28 AM

Hi!
Just saying hello and hope all are doing well. So far so good. On week 3 and I have that crazy energy feeling I remember from doing IP before and also decreased cravings. Hopefully that can keep me on track. I’ve been having lower back pain for a while now and hoping with continued weight loss that will improve. Have a great week!

cactusblossom 01-17-2021 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jelliehel (Post 5426518)
Hi!
Just saying hello and hope all are doing well. So far so good. On week 3 and I have that crazy energy feeling I remember from doing IP before and also decreased cravings. Hopefully that can keep me on track. I’ve been having lower back pain for a while now and hoping with continued weight loss that will improve. Have a great week!

Hello!! Sounds like you are doing great!! I am finishing my 1st week today and feeling good. Have lots of aches and pains also, so hoping they will get better! Have a great week!! : )

LizRR 01-18-2021 11:47 AM

I had a bad weekend - I'm back on it though....why are weekends so hard!

cactusblossom 01-22-2021 05:56 PM

Hope everyone is doing good. I'm having a good run right now of days! Just need to keep it going...😊 hope you are all doing well!!