Old 01-08-2019, 03:51 PM   #1  

Angry NO weight loss after week 1

First of all I apologize if I did this incorrectly - I did read the sticky section first and tried to search for this topic but I could not pull up any threads. So please forgive me if I did this out of turn:
I finished my first week of IP yesterday and had my weigh-in last night. I lost ZERO pounds. The Dr. was convinced I had cheated. CONVINCED. I explained to her that this costs a lot of money! I'm not cheating! But she literally said "I've never seen this before. I've never seen someone not lose weight their first week that has not cheated". So the air is completely out of my sails. I am a vegetarian and have Celiac's so I can only eat GF IP products and eggs/tofu for my protein. Here is what I ate:
Breakfast:
fine herb and cheese omelete packet
Venti Starbucks black iced tea with three whole earth sweetners/1 splenda
Lunch:
Apple Oatmeal Packet
2 cups of roasted cauliflower (roasted w/lemon only)
Snack:
Vanilla Crispy Treat or Banana/Pineapple Drink
Dinner:
4 eggs
1 cup asparagus w/2 tsp olive oil and 1/4 tsp salt
1 cup bell peppers
(I haven't been able to add in the two additional egg white requirement because I've been so full - will try adding to my breakfast instead)

THAT IS IT. I DO NOT CHEAT. No workout beyond my 15 minute walk to subway each way. I drink 90 ounces of water a day plus the morning tea and a couple Perrier in the evening.

Has anyone else experienced this? I only have about 25 pounds to lose but my dr said I should have lost at least 4 pounds this week alone. Looking for any advice from someone who has been there........
gabbyrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 07:15 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 193/159/140

Height: 5'9"

Hi Gabby. IP is Ideal Protein, a medically supervised Keto diet, am I right? Huge props to you because I know Celiac diet is very strict. I looked at your food and it looks good. Lots of veggies and protein and very little carbs. I say that without knowing what’s in the cheese omelet or oatmeal packets. 4 cups of veggies and 4 eggs seems a bit excessive. I mean veggies are complex carbohydrates ... but they’re still carbs so I’m thinking a Keto diet keeps carbs at about 20 grams per day.

I think you can follow a Keto or low carb diet for free on your own. Stuff all over the web so you can learn. Then you can make real food instead of packets.

But don’t worry about not losing in a week. It’s just a week of your whole life. Chalk it up to learning and try something different or tweak the program. p.s. I find it adorable the doctor said she’s never seen anyone lose weight their 1st week. As if doctors are that knowledgeable about weight loss. Sorry. A few doctors might know but vast majority don’t. Don’t worry about her comment. Just educate yourself with books and online.
And we are all so unique so maybe a little tweak to IP will work for you. Keep trying and posting.
Follena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 01:02 AM   #3  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbyrt View Post
First of all I apologize if I did this incorrectly - I did read the sticky section first and tried to search for this topic but I could not pull up any threads. So please forgive me if I did this out of turn:
I finished my first week of IP yesterday and had my weigh-in last night. I lost ZERO pounds. The Dr. was convinced I had cheated. CONVINCED. I explained to her that this costs a lot of money! I'm not cheating! But she literally said "I've never seen this before. I've never seen someone not lose weight their first week that has not cheated". So the air is completely out of my sails. I am a vegetarian and have Celiac's so I can only eat GF IP products and eggs/tofu for my protein. Here is what I ate:
Breakfast:
fine herb and cheese omelete packet
Venti Starbucks black iced tea with three whole earth sweetners/1 splenda
Lunch:
Apple Oatmeal Packet
2 cups of roasted cauliflower (roasted w/lemon only)
Snack:
Vanilla Crispy Treat or Banana/Pineapple Drink
Dinner:
4 eggs
1 cup asparagus w/2 tsp olive oil and 1/4 tsp salt
1 cup bell peppers
(I haven't been able to add in the two additional egg white requirement because I've been so full - will try adding to my breakfast instead)

THAT IS IT. I DO NOT CHEAT. No workout beyond my 15 minute walk to subway each way. I drink 90 ounces of water a day plus the morning tea and a couple Perrier in the evening.

Has anyone else experienced this? I only have about 25 pounds to lose but my dr said I should have lost at least 4 pounds this week alone. Looking for any advice from someone who has been there........
Not losing weight with this plan is surprising. You should have at least lost water weight in week 1. Note that Ideal Protein teaches that if you didn’t lose you had to have cheated. But, the important thing is, did you lose inches? Did she measure you? Keep doing what you are doing- it will work.
Note: underlying health issues can slow your results so give it more time to adapt to burning fat for energy.
Ro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 09:50 AM   #4  

Default Thanks everyone!

OP here - I got an email from the drs office the next day alerting me the scale had been malfunctioning and a new one had been ordered. Two weeks in and I am down 6 pounds - so I'm feeling encouraged!
Old 01-16-2019, 11:56 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 280/269/135

Height: 5'3

I'm so happy for you that it was a scale issue! Glad you stayed with it!
sand5699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 06:33 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

I have Celiac disease too, and there are really very few products we can use. As far as I know the vanilla crispy packet is NOT certified GF. Also I had to take my own vitamins as head office could not guarantee that the IP vitamins were GF. Some celiacs even have problems with oatmeal even if it's clean. This is true for another Celiac friend of mine (not on IP). You may also be sensitive to dairy. Many of us are (luckily not me). Be very cautious and make certain the products you use have the certified GF seal on the box. My coach was ok with me adding in "Simply Protein" chips to take the place of an IP packet since there is no savoury crunchy IP snack packet that is gluten free. Despite limitations I lost all my weight and have kept it off for 5 years (this March 5th). I still pop into my clinic to get packets sometimes for a tune-up.

Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 11:16 AM   #7  

Default Celiacs

Liana - it is SO restricted for us with Celiacs! I am fortunately one who can handle GF oats. As for the vanilla rice crispy bars - they are one of my favorite snacks! I have a Nima sensor and I test one in each new box and so far they have all come back as gluten-free. Otherwise my snacks would just be the drinks Thank you for responding. So impressive that you've kept it off so long!

Four weeks are up and I lost 11 pounds! I'm pretty happy with the results.