Old 04-10-2018, 02:31 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 262/230 (4/8/19)/135

Height: 5'6"

Default Is there anyone around on a regular basis?

Hi everyone,

Hoping there are still a few around? Been on and off a while and getting back on tomorrow. Would love some company...☺
cactusblossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 08:06 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186.5/149/135

Height: 5.5

I get on at least once a day to check... see you soon!
Skinnyjeangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 12:46 PM   #3  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

I was pretty active up until a month or so ago. But I've been a member for years and definitely check in weekly if not daily.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 03:58 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 163/141/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 54 yrs old

Hello cactusblossom, i remember you! I'm here on occasion, but my life is super busy right now, so i'm not on my social media sites as often as I'd like to. I'll try a bit harder

Liana

Last edited by canadjineh; 10-20-2018 at 03:59 AM.
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 08:47 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 262/230 (4/8/19)/135

Height: 5'6"

Hi Liana,

Hope you are well. Would love some company! Been on and off, but back on now. Life had thrown me some curves. But hanging in there. Became a widow in Jan 2017, relocated back to my home area in summer 2017 and was very fortunate to remarry. I have a 17 yr old daughter and we have been blessed. I will be 57 later this week, so getting my act together! Look forward to hearing from you and anyone else out there!!🙂🙂

Last edited by cactusblossom; 10-21-2018 at 08:48 PM.
cactusblossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 02:01 AM   #6  

Hi. I’m restarting this week and will be checking in here too
Kate0469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 08:44 AM   #7  
IP Start Jan 28,2013

S/C/G: 149/145.2/130

Height: 4'11"

Default Hi guys!

Not a frequent visitor but have been to this pages many years ago for IP support. I have done this program umpteen times and each time I tend to lose less and less. Some facts, my first time on IP was in 2009. I was 33 at that time. Iím now 42 and man does the body change after 40 😜 My biggest loss was in 2012, I went from 165 to 135. I realize this is supposed to be a program that kicks off a lifestyle change but letís be honest, for the majority it can be difficult. Anyhow, Iím not here for a spanking lol but I would like to know your thoughts on stalling - the first month on the program is always great for me, most time even the second but by the time the 3rd rolls around I plateau. Itís believe this program to next to ketogenic BUT the fat content doesnít seem high enough to be a classic Keto diet. Do you think if I took another swing at this I could try using fat bombs to see losses once I start to stall? I am 4í11, pushing 166 lbs, once I get down 15/20 lbs I plateau. Ideal is way too expensive to continue after about the second month, my coach starts analyzing my intake and has me do cleanses that sometimes move the scale but realistically come on, extra or less beg, cleanses and packet adjustments just frustrate me and burn my bank account. Any thoughts?? Would love to hear from you!
nineonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 07:13 PM   #8  

Hi Kate and welcome! Condolences to you and then congratulations, cactusblossom. Good to have you back. Hi nineonline! I wouldn't suggest fat bombs as they don't have any proper nutrition, pretty well a waste of calories. Technically it's not a stall until it's 6 weeks with no loss of EITHER weight or inches. Cleanses are a waste of time. Don't forget, the measurements are more important, as are the other non scale victories such as more energy, less aching in joints, clearer skin, etc. Some people find that the little extras like sweeteners can cause stalling. Make sure you are keeping up with your water, supplements, and full amount of oil. I've found that sometimes using higher fat proteins such as beef instead of skinless chicken or white fish all the time is just enough to give a jumpstart without going off plan. Good luck, hang in there!

Last edited by canadjineh; 10-25-2018 at 07:24 PM.
Old 10-29-2018, 10:50 AM   #9  

Height: 6'0

Hello all,
I have done IP 4 times, successfully each time. Learn something everytime. Each time I restart it is for less weight to lose, so,that is a good thing. Messed my self up this summer, we took a cruise (started with good intentions, but oh well), followed by another trip, which further brought things up. Problem now is I had a hip replacement about a month ago, and when I add up the damage since the cruise I have put on 15, most of it post surgery. Iím off the pain killers and am doing well following surgery, no excuse, but a factor in my gain was the loss of two of my dogs, one 5 days before the surgery and one 10 days after the surgery. So I am an emotional eater, run straight to a bowl of Mac and cheese...so right now I am trying to get a handle on my evening cravings, I am super good at breakfast lunch and snack but blow it big time every night. Donít want to have to drop anymore then the 15. Anyone else have trouble gett g started, or the wicked evening sugar craving?
Lmflora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 08:06 PM   #10  

Hi Lmflora: welcome back! Emotional cravings are very difficult to handle, I understand.... I have 2 sets of elderly parents that are failing fast and need much more attention than they used to even though they are in senior residences. I will admit though that my trigger foods are the savoury things like lots of old cheese and chips/crisps. It is hard to get started if you don't have much to lose, I find, because it's easy to put it off to another day since 'it's not that bad yet.'

Focus on the fact that you ARE getting it right for most of the day, right down til evening. Try using your snack packet for that time instead of earlier in the day if you don't have a problem then - a comfort food type like vegetable chili or the mac 'n' cheese. If you want sweeter comfort food for that time try the apple oatmeal or the dark chocolate pudding with lots of cinnamon added to them, or a chocolatey caramel mug cake. If you want something crunchy try some of the crisps with a bit of WF Ranch type dressing to dip them in. Add lots of spices like dill or chili powder. That way you can have a 'treat' yet still stay on plan.

Check in often, babes!

I'll try to get here more often too, since I am tuning up for holiday bikini time at the end of next month.

Liana

Last edited by canadjineh; 10-30-2018 at 08:23 PM.
Old 10-31-2018, 11:19 AM   #11  

Height: 6'0

Hi Liana,
thanks for responding. This is my other question —smart IP and healing after a major surgery. I talked to a nurse, who was a nutritionist and an IP coach before she went to nursing school. She did not think it was a good idea to do a full phase 1 until I have healed up a bit more. I find It is more difficult to lose 10-15 pounds then to lose 30+, the drag is that no matter how much you have to lose, the last 10 are always the hardest. I am slowly getting the evening cravings under control.

I’m sorry for you and the failing of your parents. I have been there and done that. Both of mine are gone now. I still grieve for them. It was a very difficult time.

I have a great IP coach here. But I am frankly embarrassed to go see her after I ballooned up in such a short period of time. I’m going to bite the chagrin and make an appointment to see her. I need the accountability.

I also feel I need somewhere to vent.. thus 3FC! Thanks

Cheers
Lynn
Lmflora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 07:58 PM   #12  

Go for it, Lynn! Make the appointment and keep it! I had to do that lately because I was in the same situation... no accountability means its easy just to sluff it off. Weigh in with a coach means it's more likely you will think twice and move on from the 'cheat food.' Healing after a major surgery means your body does need more - perhaps try Alternative Plan - originally set up for diabetics and athletes. Your coach may know it as Athlete's Protocol P1, Nothing wrong with P2 either.... you still can lose weight on it. Do you have access to the MyIdealProtein site for recipes, info videos, etc? I find it very good to help me focus and I've learned quite a bit even though I was in the health & medical field for many years.
If you can't get any info on the Alternative Plan (not using alternative products, that's something else entirely) let me know here and I can send a picture of the protocol sheet in this forum.

BTW everyone, just for info.... the 2018 European Association for the Study of Diabetes conference just had a study posted about how artificial sweeteners change the gut biota and cause blood sugar problems, and for those who are diabetic possible bad affects to their medications: here's the link to the slideshow since I can't copy and paste it. 2018 European Association for the Study of Diabetes

Liana
Old 11-08-2018, 02:10 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 189.4/180.3/150

Height: 5'8"

I just started IP three weeks ago, and I have been lurking on this site looking at everyone's answers pretty much every day! It seems like every time I Google a question, 3FC threads pop up first XD
clairenortham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 11:57 PM   #14  

Hi clairenortham. How's it going with IP? Lurking is allowed, lol, but please do join in for a bit of chat.

Liana
Old 11-13-2018, 03:46 PM   #15  

S/C/G: SW 255/220/155

Height: 5.5

Hi i lurk a lot haha first time on ip
spaghetticat is offline   Reply With Quote