Old 08-29-2017, 10:28 PM   #1  

Default Fearful about rebooting

IP friends. It's been so long. I don't even know where to start. I first did IP in 2012 and within two months I was down nearly 25lbs. I was feeling fabulous both mentally and physically. Anyhow, I maintained with reboots here and there and watching what I ate. Fast-forward to March 2016, I was in graduate school, traveling a lot for work, and going through some marital problems with my husband. I finished up school in December and have essentially been unable to get back on protocol. I am convinced I have gained every pound I lost back but refuse to get on the scale because I know it will only add to my depression.

I started a reboot yesterday (YAY Monday) and have been dealing with horrible thoughts ever since. Running through my mind is a barrage of thoughts around "what if it doesn't work this time", "what if getting majority of the weight off was a one-time deal?", etc, etc, etc.

I am just so fearful I am going to be this way forever now. Did any others experience this with rebooting? Did anyone else not loose when following the program or alternatives strictly?
eandc2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 08:39 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186.5/149/135

Height: 5.5

Default eandc2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandc2006 View Post
IP friends. It's been so long. I don't even know where to start. I first did IP in 2012 and within two months I was down nearly 25lbs. I was feeling fabulous both mentally and physically. Anyhow, I maintained with reboots here and there and watching what I ate. Fast-forward to March 2016, I was in graduate school, traveling a lot for work, and going through some marital problems with my husband. I finished up school in December and have essentially been unable to get back on protocol. I am convinced I have gained every pound I lost back but refuse to get on the scale because I know it will only add to my depression.

I started a reboot yesterday (YAY Monday) and have been dealing with horrible thoughts ever since. Running through my mind is a barrage of thoughts around "what if it doesn't work this time", "what if getting majority of the weight off was a one-time deal?", etc, etc, etc.

I am just so fearful I am going to be this way forever now. Did any others experience this with rebooting? Did anyone else not loose when following the program or alternatives strictly?
Good Morning to you~ I think there are a lot of us that were fearful of re-starting with those thoughts. I did IP in 2012 by July of 2013, I hit my goal! and like many gained it back about a year ago with a bunch of personal issues and thyroid stuff, just to mention a couple. So here I am 2017 I started in the middle of April, well, a couple days before my birthday. I looked at a photo of me and said, "Gosh darn". This time I am being semi-strict and following protocol seriously. What I mean by semi-strict, is I may eat a little more protein at night and thats it. I am keeping a log and drinking way more water. These boards are slow but there are a few on the 2016 Rebooters site that I follow and respond to several people. I take the time and write a few things during the week. It helps me stay on track and of course I like to use the weight loss ticker and update my statuses. I am a daily weigher, not when I am TOM but I get on the scale everyday. ( personal preference) helps me stay focused. I will drink more water or pay attention to what I am eating. Everyone has their own personal ways of doing things.
So, dont be worried. You can do this, its a mind set and willingness to do the right things for yourself. We and I are rooting for you!!
have a wonderful day!
Skinnyjeangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 04:15 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Don't you fret, honey! It's simple physiology.... if it worked once, it'll work again. You already know how to do it, so just climb back on the horse and DON'T overthink it Sometimes our brains are our own worst enemies. Usually the 'What ifs' never actually happen. One moment at a time and before you know it you'll be back in your happy place.

Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 11:17 AM   #4  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandc2006 View Post
IP friends. It's been so long. I don't even know where to start. I first did IP in 2012 and within two months I was down nearly 25lbs.

I started a reboot yesterday (YAY Monday) and have been dealing with horrible thoughts ever since. Running through my mind is a barrage of thoughts around "what if it doesn't work this time", "what if getting majority of the weight off was a one-time deal?", etc.

I am just so fearful I am going to be this way forever now. Did any others experience this with rebooting? Did anyone else not lose when following the program or alternatives strictly?
Hi eandc2006! We had our first IP journey at the same time. I was on it from June 2012-April 2013 and lost 81 pounds that first time. I have never gained all of it back, but have gained and lost a good deal of it. (30-50 pounds). I've had several reboots and they all have been just fine. The first time I used only IP products. In my reboots I use alternatives from Nashua Nutrition that are comparable and much less expensive. My initial first-week losses are always big (5-7 pounds) and then it slows down. Overall, my losses are a bit slower now than they were initially, but it might be my age, it might be my lack of exercise, or it might be that I often have an extra bar during the day when I am teaching.

But I have never have a problem losing when I'm on this program. Like Liana says, it's like riding a horse. If you were successful once, you know how to do it and you CAN do it! I'm very thankful that I have this tool and that I know how to use it. I feel in control, even during the summers when I travel and I purposefully eat everything and gain weight. I do this to give my body a rest and do not beat myself up about it. I enjoy it! I know that when the school semester begins in the fall, I'm back here and all is well.

You can do this! I, too, love to change the numbers on my ticker on this site. I usually log on and read a bit when I'm home for lunch.

Happy journey! You can do this!

Last edited by joysh; 08-31-2017 at 11:19 AM.
joysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 11:26 PM   #5  

Big thanks to you all for your kind words of encouragement. You have no idea just how much they help.

Today marks two weeks and I am feeling good. It has been a struggle at times, been battling those what if thoughts, but you all are absolutely right about getting back on the horse. I too am so thankful that I have a program that works. Doing alternatives myself and I have yet to get on the scale. For now just going to focus on how my skinny clothes feel (once I can get into them lol)!

I am planning to stay on protocol until mid October. My husband and I are taking a trip to vegas so I am planning to take a few days off to celebrate and then jump back on right away. I imagine I will need to be on until thanksgiving time so I am in it for the long haul. That's ok. The past year and a half have been spent indulging in anything and everything so getting back to feeling good about me is long overdue.

I plan on being on daily. It helps so much with my dedication and seeing others doing well is inspiring.

Big thanks again to all of you!
eandc2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 05:38 PM   #6  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

eandc, how are you doing? Are you still on the reboot?
joysh is offline   Reply With Quote