5 year 'goalversary'

• Hey Everyone,

I'm randomly on here lurking. I don't say much because everyone else seems to have good answers. Buuuuttt! Yesterday was my five year gaolversary. I updated my photo album in the goal photo album where I like to keep track of my story. You're welcome to see the update.

I am pretty stoked to have made it 5 years....and am happy to announce this in a place that helped me get to my goal originally.

This is so so worth it peeps! Just keep swimming!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/goal...ml#post5311807

• So glad to see you posting success -- 5 years at goal is spectacular!!!

You have been an inspiration to me from day one on IP == Lisa used to have this quote from you as a footnote on her postings. And Lisa posted so much in those days -- a big supporter of this IP forum. But the quote really spoke to me then, and it still does.

Losing weight is hard. Maintenance is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard. (-Ishbel)

I don't know if you said this first or you were quoting someone else - but this little series of statements shows up in the FB groups for IP and for Keto Way of Eating quite often...

Congrats on your success and thanks for sharing it with us!!!
  • Congratulations! What an awesome accomplishment!

Oneuh: I remember that saying as well. And I think of it often as well. Because it's so true.
  • Hi Ishbel! Congrats to you! I've just past my 3rd anni a couple months ago, but maintaining at a bit higher than my original goal weight. Life is just a bit more stressful these days... and I'm pretty sure I'm going through menopause as I don't remember my last period, lol. (I think I forgot to put it in my diary, so it could be 6 months ago but I'm pretty sure I've had one since then). I only get meno-symptoms like a hot flash if I eat more than 150g carb in the day. Haha, it is definitely tied, as I get a hot flash or two a few hours after I eat a heavy carb meal or snack.
    I love your new photo!

Liana
  • Ishbel,
    That is awesome!!!

Liana,
    I'm 3 years into menopause and have found that it is tougher now to lose my weight. My first run with IP was prior to menopause and it took 3 weeks to lose 17 pounds. Have to say, you're lucky to only have hot flashes if you eat carbs...what a great dietary aid