Old 08-09-2017, 03:35 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

This is a healthy diet.... remember it's only part of your lifetime plan, once you've lost the weight you up the proteins and healthy fats to stay in maintenance but continue with low carbs to keep your insulin and blood sugars at a healthy level.
Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 04:05 PM   #32  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon1957 View Post
I just started a reboot on June 29th. I've lost 27 pounds in 33 days.

This is my 3rd go round with IP.

I can lose weight pretty fast --

However, I have not mastered maintenance yet.
Aaaaahhhhh, my fellow mathematician is back! Good to hear from you!
Ro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 04:08 PM   #33  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post
My first round of IP I lost 50 pounds in about 5.5 months, unfortunately, life happened, between losing 2 babies after ivf then going through a divorce while at the same time having lost my job, I gained it all back plus 23 pounds. I tried almost everything to lose weight and didn't succeed, I tried juicing but couldn't stick to it on the long run, I tried counting every calorie I ate, I tried recently to exercise like crazy doing the insanity workout five days a week and nothing worked, I'd lose the same 3 pounds that I rapidly gain, so this week I decided to get wiser about my approach of losing weight and do what worked for me, so since Monday I restarted IP being 100% on program. I know that I shouldn't, but I am one of those who weigh themselves every day and since Monday, I lost 9 pounds already, I can't be happier with such a progress especially after I got so exhausted from training with no weight loss at all and now to lose all this without even working out, I'm thrilled.

I know the haters would always find something bad to say about this diet, such it can't be good and it's too restrictive bla bla, I believe that this is what works for me and for plenty others.
Congrats on starting!!!!
Old 08-15-2017, 06:40 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 158/146/125

Height: 5'4"

I just had my week 5 weigh-in, and I'm down from 158 to 148 - an average of 1.9 lbs per week. I'm 30% to my stretch goal of 125 lbs (I'm 5'4")

I'm going slower than many on this board, however I've been cheating about once or twice per week, but I do it deliberately - I had A vodka/soda/splash cran cocktail one night at a fundraiser, a much needed banana during a long hike, and someone brought me a cupcake for my birthday (yeah, not my fault, right!?). Probably 2-3 days per week I have minor cheats, like an extra ingredient or salad dressing, especially when I go out to eat.

If I didn't cheat, I'm sure I would easily be doing 2 - 2.5 lbs/week. Aside from the hike, I'm also very sedentary. I took the "no exercise" thing to heart, happily. It's probably time I start getting more active again. It's easier now that I weigh a bit less.
LaLa12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 07:14 PM   #35  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLa12 View Post
I just had my week 5 weigh-in, and I'm down from 158 to 148 - an average of 1.9 lbs per week. I'm 30% to my stretch goal of 125 lbs (I'm 5'4")

I'm going slower than many on this board, however I've been cheating about once or twice per week, but I do it deliberately - I had A vodka/soda/splash cran cocktail one night at a fundraiser, a much needed banana during a long hike, and someone brought me a cupcake for my birthday (yeah, not my fault, right!?). Probably 2-3 days per week I have minor cheats, like an extra ingredient or salad dressing, especially when I go out to eat.

If I didn't cheat, I'm sure I would easily be doing 2 - 2.5 lbs/week. Aside from the hike, I'm also very sedentary. I took the "no exercise" thing to heart, happily. It's probably time I start getting more active again. It's easier now that I weigh a bit less.
Please, please,please do not drink alcohol while in ketosis. It is very dangerous!!! Please research what I am telling you - talk to your coach about the dangers. This is all over all of the IP groups on Facebook.
Old 08-15-2017, 08:00 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 158/146/125

Height: 5'4"

Yeah, I understand the no alcohol thing, I don't recommend it. Despite not having a drink in over a month, the one cocktail after eating didn't affect me much at all.

But everyone is different, and for some people, one drink could be too much, especially if on an empty stomach or deep in keto
LaLa12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 11:42 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 235/186/135

Height: 5'3"

Default It WORKS - you won't regret it

I was 235 in February 2017 when I started keto dieting (on/off due to physical obstacles that keep me from food shopping & cooking sometimes) on my own which is EASY to do, and lost 10 pounds.

After my neighbor lost 30 pounds in 2 months (guys lose faster), I decided to give IP a try, since having the food ready to eat seemed easier for me.

1st week I lost 8 pounds !!! Mostly water I'm sure, but since starting, I have lost EVERY week! Don't cheat - you won't want to when you see how fast you see/feel changes!

I was 225 when I started 6/14/17!
Today I am 185, and went from a size 20-22 bottoms to a size 16 regular (NOT plus sized) & those are loose!!!

I keep lots of cucumbers & lettuce (unlimited) & zucchini in my house so I will always be able to get my 4 cups of vegetables in every day.

You won't be hungry or crave things after a few days! When I do miss things my family is eating, I just ask to smell their food & one sniff completely *satisfies* me! Funny but true! lol.

When I started the top of my belly (visceral fat?) stuck out further than my chest; that went away in the 1st month!

My blood work results have improved sooooo significantly! Especially the inflammation in my blood (<----- I have much less pain now).

It costs about $90/month, but you aren't spending money on 2 meals and a snack, so it probably saves you money?

Before you join, ask the center if the joining fee is for a lifetime. My place says I can comeback (if I stop going) ANY time and start buying their products and meeting with my coach again. Many will charge you that fee again in you stop.

Good luck! I wish I had started earlier! I didn't want to spend the money. Doing a keto diet on your own DOES work, but it's not as fast & it's much easier to think about preparing just one meal, versus 3.
itsmesusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 11:46 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 235/186/135

Height: 5'3"

Default Alcohol

Adding:
I have had alcohol 4-5x since starting. I stay clear of wine & fruit juices as those have sugar. I choose vodka martinis or vodka with club soda. Alcohol hits you stronger, so if you cheat this way, go slow and beware. My drinking (all special social occasions) did NOT effect my weight loss at all.... but I also walk 1-5 miles (average 2 miles) every day & always drink all of the required water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmesusan View Post
I was 235 in February 2017 when I started keto dieting (on/off due to physical obstacles that keep me from food shopping & cooking sometimes) on my own which is EASY to do, and lost 10 pounds.

After my neighbor lost 30 pounds in 2 months (guys lose faster), I decided to give IP a try, since having the food ready to eat seemed easier for me.

1st week I lost 8 pounds !!! Mostly water I'm sure, but since starting, I have lost EVERY week! Don't cheat - you won't want to when you see how fast you see/feel changes!

I was 225 when I started 6/14/17!
Today I am 185, and went from a size 20-22 bottoms to a size 16 regular (NOT plus sized) & those are loose!!!

I keep lots of cucumbers & lettuce (unlimited) & zucchini in my house so I will always be able to get my 4 cups of vegetables in every day.

You won't be hungry or crave things after a few days! When I do miss things my family is eating, I just ask to smell their food & one sniff completely *satisfies* me! Funny but true! lol.

When I started the top of my belly (visceral fat?) stuck out further than my chest; that went away in the 1st month!

My blood work results have improved sooooo significantly! Especially the inflammation in my blood (<----- I have much less pain now).

It costs about $90/month, but you aren't spending money on 2 meals and a snack, so it probably saves you money?

Before you join, ask the center if the joining fee is for a lifetime. My place says I can comeback (if I stop going) ANY time and start buying their products and meeting with my coach again. Many will charge you that fee again in you stop.

Good luck! I wish I had started earlier! I didn't want to spend the money. Doing a keto diet on your own DOES work, but it's not as fast & it's much easier to think about preparing just one meal, versus 3.
itsmesusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 07:59 PM   #39  

I started on 10/12/2017 at 216.4. This morning, (10/20/2017) I weighed in at 208.4 = 8 pounds down for Week 1 (8 days technically) while on TOM (surprisingly, as I read it slows down during this time). I'm hoping to continue this weight loss at a higher for the next 3 months before the new year. I will continue doing updates on timeline and weight loss every week. I'm so excited to see the results by the end of 2017.

Last edited by gijade; 10-20-2017 at 08:01 PM.
gijade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 01:41 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by gijade View Post
I started on 10/12/2017 at 216.4. This morning, (10/20/2017) I weighed in at 208.4 = 8 pounds down for Week 1 (8 days technically) while on TOM (surprisingly, as I read it slows down during this time). I'm hoping to continue this weight loss at a higher for the next 3 months before the new year. I will continue doing updates on timeline and weight loss every week. I'm so excited to see the results by the end of 2017.
Congratulations, gijade! But don't forget the first week or so is mainly water lost as your body processes its minimal storage of glucose. From now, you will start to tap into your fat reserves and will likely lose slower. In about the third week, there is usually a pause in losing as your body reconfigures and catches up with the changes you've made. Don't get too caught up in the scale. Make sure you take measurements and recognize the changes in how your clothes fit you. Also keep in mind improvements in joint pain, skin texture, and other Non Scale Victories. Here's a helpful thread, please feel free to post and continue the encouragement: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ebrations.html

Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 10:23 PM   #41  

Hi Liana,

Yes, I did read more and seen that a lot of people lost fast in the first 3 weeks or so and then it leveled out. I'm just excited to see that initial drop. Very motivating. I suppose 3-4 lbs a week is the norm? Anywho, thank you for the link. I will take some notes and definitely bookmark that page as well.

Thanks for the tips! =D
gijade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 03:52 AM   #42  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissb View Post
I need to lose at least 100 pounds and am considering the IP plan. A co-worker just lost 18 lbs in less than 2 months and was already tiny. I am trying to get my head around the cost of this plan. The plan is very expensive yet I know it would be worth it to get the weight off and keep it off.

So I'd like to know some stats just to get an idea of what the average weekly/monthly loss is. I know that everyone is different and there are many factors that can contribute to how quickly some take it off. But I would like to see something like:

Lost XX lbs in XX weeks
9lb in 3 weeks ☺️
Excitedforjeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 02:26 AM   #43  

Default Lost 62lbs

I followed the diet 100%, no cheating whatsoever. My husband did it as well.I started the Sunday after thanksgiving 2015,phased out March 4th 2016. start weight, 205, end weight 143.My husband started mid October 2015 at 231 lbs, phased out March 4th 2016,169lbs.This diet absolutely works if followed correctly. Proud to say nearly 2 years later, I weigh 150!
Ksatkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 07:36 PM   #44  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
My first round on IP tracker is in my siggy...
Phase 1 I lost 71lb in 22 weeks

Planning on restarting IP for the second time August 2017...will update then!
liz....are you still around lurking???
rainbowsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 10:35 PM   #45  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone! I'm baaaack!

As many of you friends know, I initially did IP June 2012-March 2013 and I lost 80 pounds. I kept it off within 10 pounds the first two years after that. But after the death of my sister (can't blame that - I take responsibility for the weight gain) I've come into a pattern of being OP P1 during the school semesters (Jan-April and late August-Thanksgiving) and taking "IP vacations" during the holidays and summers. I choose to do that, although I really know it's not great in the long run.

But here I am back again. I always feel good when I eat this way. I'm on P1 and loving it. I use products from Nashua Nutrition that I like and am into a good routine. Now I need to lose 35 pounds to get to my new, adjusted goal weight that I think is sustainable.

So, I'll be reading and posting a bit while. Kudus to canadajineh, jennydoodle, ishbel and others for keeping it off and sticking around to guide us. Good to see all of you. Hi Rainbow Susan!

I started Jan 13 and am down 7 pounds. This is the usual "first week adjustment" for me. It does seem to get more difficult and slower as I get older. Ah, well. I'm still doing it and sticking to it.

Happy New Year to everybody!
joysh is offline   Reply With Quote