Old 12-18-2016, 06:03 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 180/161/140

Height: 5'4"

Something seems to have clicked with me this time around. Unsure what caused it, but I'm thankful. To be honest, this is my second time losing weight successfully and the first time it happened exactly the same way. Woke up one day and decided it was time to take control.

The first time I simply ate less and exercised my way out of 115 pounds. Woke up on a Wednesday morning and just started making some changes.

This time I was looking at about 30 pounds that found me again after a couple years of high stress and really not paying attention to myself. I'd send out some inquiries to IP clinics a few weeks prior after learning about a friend who'd done the program. No one got back to me right of and I'd kind of forgotten. When someone finally did, I made a consultation appointment and signed up that day.

I think it's the only way a weight loss plan will work. When you're ready. If you're struggling with any plan at all, you need to evaluate what you're doing and why. The only path to success is truly committing to something.
Ratherfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 07:11 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro22 View Post
You bring up a couple of things so let me tackle both of them.

First, your body will react to IP the same way when you are back on protocol so no worries there.

Now, for the harder part, here's my advice...
If you think you will feel deprived if you don't partake then plan for your favorites and try to go for low carb items, preferably with higher fat to satisfy you. This is what I have done through Thanksgiving to now and I actually have a net loss through the holidays with no feelings of deprivation. But, I have put a lot of thought, planning and cooking/baking to make this the case. I am not sure what your favorites are so let me suggest for you to Google ketogenic or "keto" recipes for those and to make them. If you don't cook/bake, I have some additional ideas. Let me know and I can give more specific pointers.

If this seems like too much trouble then I say indulge and get right back on P1 as soon as you are ready. You will lose it.
good morning!

Yes its true! your body will react same way when you get back OP.
I am curious though. You have lost 11 lbs so far? CONGRATS! I am surprised that you think you will be tempted by the 'goodies' after being OP long enough to lose the 11. Do you know what I mean? I found that after 3-4 days, I didn't EVEN have the desire to take 'just one' of those delish LINDT balls or a perogie or whatever it is that tempted me. It feels like a light switch flicked off. My current challenge is to always find something else I can eat that wont get boring over time. But I love how the protein makes me feel so full, for so long.
I remember clearly, how grabbing one of those amazing pieces of chocolate made me feel...and how I craved more and more. I don't miss that feeling. I am serving ham this xmas, and thank god, my grown sons DONT do sweets so for the first xmas EVER, I have done NO baking. I will simply stop at the polish deli on the 24 and pick up a few pastries fresh. They can nibble on that after the dinner, most likely my one 'mr fitness' wont even do that! I'll give any left over yummies to the elderly neighbor Anyways, Ro22 is right, if you get back on track asap you should be fine. For me, I am an extreme personality, so its all or nothing. I don't want to tempt fate. Cuba is less than 2 months away, and I want to feel like I did in Feb 2011 (when I first lost my 60lbs) on vacation, that is FINALLY COMFORTABLE in my own skin.
LOSINGFORGOOD2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 09:27 AM   #18  
Started IP 1/29/2013

S/C/G: 194/130/145

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
good morning!

Yes its true! your body will react same way when you get back OP.
I am curious though. You have lost 11 lbs so far? CONGRATS! I am surprised that you think you will be tempted by the 'goodies' after being OP long enough to lose the 11. Do you know what I mean? I found that after 3-4 days, I didn't EVEN have the desire to take 'just one' of those delish LINDT balls or a perogie or whatever it is that tempted me. It feels like a light switch flicked off. My current challenge is to always find something else I can eat that wont get boring over time. But I love how the protein makes me feel so full, for so long.
I remember clearly, how grabbing one of those amazing pieces of chocolate made me feel...and how I craved more and more. I don't miss that feeling. I am serving ham this xmas, and thank god, my grown sons DONT do sweets so for the first xmas EVER, I have done NO baking. I will simply stop at the polish deli on the 24 and pick up a few pastries fresh. They can nibble on that after the dinner, most likely my one 'mr fitness' wont even do that! I'll give any left over yummies to the elderly neighbor Anyways, Ro22 is right, if you get back on track asap you should be fine. For me, I am an extreme personality, so its all or nothing. I don't want to tempt fate. Cuba is less than 2 months away, and I want to feel like I did in Feb 2011 (when I first lost my 60lbs) on vacation, that is FINALLY COMFORTABLE in my own skin.
I'm with you. I'm all or nothing also. First time around on IP I didn't stray from the Protocol at all. My family of course didn't understand it but it was (still is) my undertaking and I wasn't seeking approval from anyone. I also like to come up with new things to eat so I don't get bored. This time around I am also keeping it on the down low that I am back on IP. Not because I'm ashamed or anything but because I don't want any questions or to be judged in the event I slip or if I plateau and don't lose for a week etc.. Being overweight is a sensitive subject for me and when I was once on weight watchers one of the ladies there told me that weight loss is my own and I don't have to report my losses or gains to anyone. I have always kept that with me. I just don't want my weight to be the topic of my family conversations. Not sure if anyone has experienced anything similar...just wanted to share.
jelliehel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 09:47 AM   #19  

How true is that, jelliehel? I swear everyone has something to say about the 'ridiculous' plan I am following and how could I even *think* of following it through the holidays? SMH

I will stray a tad Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. There are just a couple things I must have. Aunt made arancini for one! We haven't been up to my extended family's home for Christmas Eve in oh... 20 years. Growing up the rice balls were something we looked forward to all year. And man, am I looking forward to having one this year. LOL Probably won't be what I remember, but in case they are... I'm taking no chances.

I won't go crazy nuts over the two days, just a bit or two of the forbidden fruits during phase one. My plan is to be right back on it immediately, hoping the damage isn't too bad that way.
Old 12-19-2016, 12:29 PM   #20  

Ratherfly that sounds great and you sound determined! YOU GOT THIS! Jelleihel we are both 'extreme' personalities ? perfect LOL so we understand the all or nothing thing. And when you said "(still is) my undertaking and I wasn't seeking approval from anyone." wow........ that hit the nail on the head for me! SO TRUE! We don't need to report or explain ourselves, and Ratherfly, yes it always seems like people have to throw in their two cents worth. Especially during the holidays. Guess what? we recently moved (downsized) to a condo and yes, it has a small-med sized gym that goes almost unused. THAT is my mental health space, though on a sort of IP protocol, I have to be careful working with weights if at all due to low cal count. So one of my sons will be in town and spending the week at my place. YAY, he and I will spend some holiday time in the gym together! I cant wait! I just need one hour minimum, and its amazing how it clears your head, and fine tunes your focus! Just biking, or elliptical and some floor work... suddenly, focusing on chocolates and pastries is all pushed aside. Its the one on one time. That and 7 weeks till Cuba wooooooooooo
Old 12-19-2016, 02:51 PM   #21  
Started IP 1/29/2013

Quote:
Ratherfly that sounds great and you sound determined! YOU GOT THIS! Jelleihel we are both 'extreme' personalities ? perfect LOL so we understand the all or nothing thing. And when you said "(still is) my undertaking and I wasn't seeking approval from anyone." wow........ that hit the nail on the head for me! SO TRUE! We don't need to report or explain ourselves, and Ratherfly, yes it always seems like people have to throw in their two cents worth. Especially during the holidays. Guess what? we recently moved (downsized) to a condo and yes, it has a small-med sized gym that goes almost unused. THAT is my mental health space, though on a sort of IP protocol, I have to be careful working with weights if at all due to low cal count. So one of my sons will be in town and spending the week at my place. YAY, he and I will spend some holiday time in the gym together! I cant wait! I just need one hour minimum, and its amazing how it clears your head, and fine tunes your focus! Just biking, or elliptical and some floor work... suddenly, focusing on chocolates and pastries is all pushed aside. Its the one on one time. That and 7 weeks till Cuba wooooooooooo
That is so great that the gym clears your head. Exercise is the one thing that I have to really work in as I go along. I do walk my dog a mile every day but it isn't really a brisk walk or anything. When I was in maintenance I did do cardio videos but I never truly enjoyed it. Wish I would find something that I like as I know it is so important for health as well as weight maintenance. You must be sooooo excited about Cuba .
Old 12-19-2016, 02:53 PM   #22  
Started IP 1/29/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratherfly View Post
How true is that, jelliehel? I swear everyone has something to say about the 'ridiculous' plan I am following and how could I even *think* of following it through the holidays? SMH

I will stray a tad Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. There are just a couple things I must have. Aunt made arancini for one! We haven't been up to my extended family's home for Christmas Eve in oh... 20 years. Growing up the rice balls were something we looked forward to all year. And man, am I looking forward to having one this year. LOL Probably won't be what I remember, but in case they are... I'm taking no chances.

I won't go crazy nuts over the two days, just a bit or two of the forbidden fruits during phase one. My plan is to be right back on it immediately, hoping the damage isn't too bad that way.
I know it is so annoying! It is really refreshing keeping it to myself. Well my husband knows of course because he sees the way I am eating but I told him not to comment or ask me any questions, LOL! Good luck! You'll do great!
Old 12-19-2016, 07:17 PM   #23  

I have never found an exercise that I enjoy. The closest that I've found rather recently is a local hiking group. Each Tuesday we go on a hike. But it's getting pretty much too cold for me to even enjoy that.
Old 12-20-2016, 07:08 AM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelliehel View Post
That is so great that the gym clears your head. Exercise is the one thing that I have to really work in as I go along. I do walk my dog a mile every day but it isn't really a brisk walk or anything. When I was in maintenance I did do cardio videos but I never truly enjoyed it. Wish I would find something that I like as I know it is so important for health as well as weight maintenance. You must be sooooo excited about Cuba .
You know what ? I JUST had a complete right hip replacement, and my surgreon ( who in my opinion walks on water) said 'motion is lotion'. So, now I have this new hip, I need to move. I find I am in more DIScomfort when not moving. And you walk a mile? well a MILE IS A MILE whether done fast or slow! So don't down that ok ? And yes SO excited for Cuba. We are going for two weeks, and have not travelled in two years, as I could not walk! So this will be a real celebration... the pleasure in itself just to stroll the beach in the early am with no pain is going to be amazing
Old 12-20-2016, 08:03 AM   #25  
Started IP 12/16/16

S/C/G: 209/143/150

Hello! I have been a member of this community since 2005, but this is my first post! I just started the Ideal Protein program last Friday and I am loving it. I had never heard of it before. I go to an alternative health clinic and after several detox programs, this is the next step in my journey. My normal weight that I like to be at is 150. I actually got back there after the birth of my second child. But due to life, (increased responsibility at work, increased migraines, sinusitis, increased work travel and etc.), life got the better of me and my weight spiraled out of control the last several years. I am happy that Thanksgiving didn't set me back and I am hoping that the same will hold true over Christmas. The holidays are usually where I get out of control and en it takes so long to get back on track. I am looking forward to sharing this journey with you all.
Lita2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 08:06 AM   #26  
Started IP 12/16/16

S/C/G: 209/143/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lita2 View Post
Hello! I have been a member of this community since 2005, but this is my first post! I just started the Ideal Protein program last Friday and I am loving it. I had never heard of it before. I go to an alternative health clinic and after several detox programs, this is the next step in my journey. My normal weight that I like to be at is 150. I actually got back there after the birth of my second child. But due to life, (increased responsibility at work, increased migraines, sinusitis, increased work travel and etc.), life got the better of me and my weight spiraled out of control the last several years. I am happy that Thanksgiving didn't set me back and I am hoping that the same will hold true over Christmas. The holidays are usually where I get out of control and en it takes so long to get back on track. I am looking forward to sharing this journey with you all.
My first weigh-in is tomorrow, so I am excited to see what that will look like. I can already see that I have lost inches since Friday.
Lita2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 08:19 AM   #27  

Quote:
My first weigh-in is tomorrow, so I am excited to see what that will look like. I can already see that I have lost inches since Friday.
Good luck, I am sure you will be pleasantly surprised! This has been the only plan that worked for me !
Old 12-20-2016, 02:58 PM   #28  
Started IP 1/29/2013

Quote:
Good luck, I am sure you will be pleasantly surprised! This has been the only plan that worked for me !
Good luck! I ditto that-only plan for me too!!!
Old 12-20-2016, 03:01 PM   #29  
Started IP 1/29/2013

Quote:
You know what ? I JUST had a complete right hip replacement, and my surgreon ( who in my opinion walks on water) said 'motion is lotion'. So, now I have this new hip, I need to move. I find I am in more DIScomfort when not moving. And you walk a mile? well a MILE IS A MILE whether done fast or slow! So don't down that ok ? And yes SO excited for Cuba. We are going for two weeks, and have not travelled in two years, as I could not walk! So this will be a real celebration... the pleasure in itself just to stroll the beach in the early am with no pain is going to be amazing
"Motion is lotion" that is a great saying! True, a mile is better than 0 miles, thank you for that . More than what I used to do. I can thank my sweet doggie for that . Cuba will be amazing!
Old 12-21-2016, 12:32 AM   #30  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Welcome, Lita! And, good luck on the weigh-in.
Ro22 is offline   Reply With Quote