Old 10-14-2018, 08:49 AM   #181  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Destony, I think you are getting shitake mushrooms mixed up with the shiratake noodles. Two different things. Both yummy and low carb tho lol.
Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 08:59 PM   #182  

Bumping to the top of the list.... Hope everyone is OK. Doing Alt P1 right now (while still IF'ing for 14 hours or so) It's working since I've been checking in with a coach. Seems I think twice about eating no-no's if I know I will have to weigh & measure in front of someone.

Liana
Old 11-01-2018, 08:46 PM   #183  

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Bumping to the top of the list.... Hope everyone is OK. Doing Alt P1 right now (while still IF'ing for 14 hours or so) It's working since I've been checking in with a coach. Seems I think twice about eating no-no's if I know I will have to weigh & measure in front of someone.

Liana
Hi!

I'm in P1, but I was IF'ing prior to starting IP with minor results... Slow but steady. I'd like to IF while on IP, but wanted to ask you if you can manage your calorie intake within the shorter eating time frame. I find it difficult to eat 800 cals throughout the day, much less squeeze it into 8 hours. Do you have any tips?
Thanks and be well.

Last edited by Apachegirl1; 11-01-2018 at 08:47 PM.
Apachegirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 02:21 AM   #184  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apachegirl1 View Post
Hi!

I'm in P1, but I was IF'ing prior to starting IP with minor results... Slow but steady. I'd like to IF while on IP, but wanted to ask you if you can manage your calorie intake within the shorter eating time frame. I find it difficult to eat 800 cals throughout the day, much less squeeze it into 8 hours. Do you have any tips?
Thanks and be well.
Hi Apachegirl1: I have the 3rd shift at work (9pm-5am) and I take supplements and meds that must be taken separately from other pills AND from food/drink, so I have to pretty well IF anyhow, that's my natural way of eating (without difficulty I might add as I was never able to eat breakfast at what might be considered a normal time throughout my life, even as a youngster.) Ugh, sorry about the run-on sentence.

To give you an idea of my day - let's start with my (ideal) wake up time 2 pm. 1st pill (med) with 1 glass of water (must be taken at approx same time each day) I cannot have even black coffee yet as it interferes with the med. Wait 1 hr.
3 pm - take 2 different supplements for a chronic disease that can be taken together with 2nd glass of water, but again without food. Drink my 2 cups of black coffee.
4 pm - Eat what would normally be considered an IP lunch - packet and 2 cups veg (I have never counted the calories, just eating according to P1 sheet - caveat = I must eat Athletes/Diabetic Protocol or I sicken and do not lose weight. So I will have one alternative group choice with this meal ie 1 fruit serving, or 1 dairy serving, or 1 starch serving.... generally it's fruit or dairy. Take my multivitamins.
6:30ish pm - Eat an Athlete/Diabietic P1 dinner with hubby ( 6-8 oz protein foods, 2+ cups veg, and one of the alternative group choices that I haven't used yet.- the + is unlimiteds if I'm hungrier; I happen to love dill pickles, and crunchy fresh raw mushrooms dipped in Franks Hot Sauce. To fit 3 packets in during my day I also use a packet for dessert at this meal - If I'm feeling hungrier I use dark Chocolate pudding with LOTS of cinnamon, if not hungry I just force myself to do a drink like Peach Mango or Pina Colada. Take the rest of my supplements.
Sometime between 11 and midnight - snack while on patrol - I usually take some unlimited veg like cuke spears and a bit of WF dressing for a dip and an IP protein packet (a drink because I have no access to anything to cook with in my patrol car.)
The rest of the water including 24 oz of hot herbal tea is spread thru the rest of my day.
I usually don't use my starch alternative group unless hubby and I decide to have something like home made chili with beans or I want a bit of brown rice with my stir fry or 'unwrapped' fajitas. I have celiac disease so I don't bother with most grains/breads. After that work snack I do not eat anything before I go to bed at 5:45 am so that makes for IF of approx 14/15 hrs.

Here's a specific day as an example:
4 pm: IP Broccoli Cheddar Soup with 2 cups mixed allowed veg salad EVOO+ACV to top. If I feel hungrier that day or it's cold out - I eat 2 cups mixed broccoli and cauliflower cooked instead of a cold veg salad and drizzle with the dressing.
6:30 pm: IP Pina Colada, 6 oz turkey breast chunks with 2 cups mixed peppers, bok choy, swiss chard, green onion stirfry in EVOO on top of Alternative group - 5 oz cooked brown rice.
Midnight: 2 stalks of celery cut into sticks dipped into Alternative group 100 grams plain Greek Yogurt (it has more protein than regular yogurt so I only need 6 oz of protein at dinner) mixed with spices like dillweed & a pinch of garlic powder. IP Peach Mango drink.

Hope that gives you some ideas
If you are having trouble reaching a calorie goal, go for a higher calorie restricted packet, higher calorie veggies ie: sweet red peppers and cauliflower instead of cucumbers or celery, higher calorie proteins such as fattier fish (salmon, mackerel, etc) beef instead of chicken breast, etc.

Good luck!
Liana

Last edited by canadjineh; 11-04-2018 at 02:23 AM. Reason: forgot to add my supplements in after dinner
Old 11-04-2018, 03:09 AM   #185  

ApacheGirl1 here's another IP 3FC thread you might find helpful: http://tps://www.3fatchicks.com/foru...s-phase-i.html
Old 03-16-2021, 03:27 AM   #186  

Bumped for a fun and nostalgic read.
Liana (canadjineh)
Old 03-31-2021, 09:46 AM   #187  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Bumped for a fun and nostalgic read.
Liana (canadjineh)
my god the boards are quiet! are you still around?
LOSINGFORGOOD2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 04:48 PM   #188  

Hi LOSINGFORGOOD2010 yes, I'm still around, but honestly so busy with fulltime work (days now, no night security, frontline store staff) then all the appointments and errands on one day off, and on the other day helping/visiting with my elderly parents with dementia in their care home. I'm their designated visitor/care assistant so I'm allowed in without a problem (we've all had our vaccines at the end of January) but it takes so much time to do anything these days with line-ups for stores, etc. that I'm getting exhausted. Hubby has had the first of two surgeries he needed but that means he's not working (again this year) and couldn't do a lot around the house either since he was recovering. I have trouble keeping up on the MyFitnessPal threads and this site with a check in on friends and an IP group via facebook once a week or so. Time is passing soooo quickly and yet seems to be taking forever.
Old 04-18-2021, 05:44 PM   #189  

S/C/G: 200/175/90

Height: 5'7

• Burns Stubborn Abdominal Fat
  • Increases Fat-Burning Metabolism After 50
  • Kills Hunger & the Most Intense Cravings Without Cutting Calories
  • Eliminates Rebound Weight Gain
  • Flatter More Firm Stomach Without Skipping Meals Or Eating Less
lady sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2023, 05:24 AM   #190  

S/C/G: 212/125/140orig/130 chgd 9/5

Height: 5'4"

Default Good Re-read

It's been a long time, but I sure wish my weight now was where it was then when I was rebooting. The good thing is reading my thoughts about ease, comfortable old shoe....doing what you know.
Destony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2023, 01:31 AM   #191  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destony View Post
It's been a long time, but I sure wish my weight now was where it was then when I was rebooting. The good thing is reading my thoughts about ease, comfortable old shoe....doing what you know.
Congratulate yourself for starting and put one foot in front of the other. I have twice the amount I had when I first did this and only this past week, week 11, did I get 6 pounds below my starting weight. Got 50 more to go but it is what it is. The tough thing to swallow is I committed to keto way of eating in 2018 thinking that alone would stop yo-yoing but nope - my big lesson learned is I will need to weigh myself routinely when not dieting to keep things in check because I’ve found I can’t trust my eyes looking in a mirror.
Ro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2023, 04:50 AM   #192  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro22 View Post
Congratulate yourself for starting and put one foot in front of the other. I have twice the amount I had when I first did this and only this past week, week 11, did I get 6 pounds below my starting weight. Got 50 more to go but it is what it is. The tough thing to swallow is I committed to keto way of eating in 2018 thinking that alone would stop yo-yoing but nope - my big lesson learned is I will need to weigh myself routinely when not dieting to keep things in check because I’ve found I can’t trust my eyes looking in a mirror.
Hi Ro22🙂 I do love seeing the familiar"faces" here - thank you. I have a general idea of what you mean. I swore I would NEVER let myself get out of control ever again. I felt and looked good, loved everything about myself (okay, except the excess skin, which in retrospect want that bad too some of what I have seen lately that people post) then, slowly but surely... Then in 2018 and 2021 found myself with way too much weight -'18 and now were the worst of it- and the yo-yo cycle continued/continues. I tried the keto thing TWICE The first time I ate cheese like it was a zero calorie food....I don't need to explain what that did.... Cheese is fat and fat I got. You're right, the scale doesn't lie. Even my clothes getting tighter and relegated to the other side of the closet didn't work... Well, I know one thing- the support of this group got me through- I'm a support needing animal🤣🤣 We got this!!! Congratulations on the 6 lbs. Remember, it may be slow right now, but it's working!!! Are you doing it through a clinic or are you doing alternative?
Old 02-18-2023, 01:27 PM   #193  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destony View Post
Hi Ro22🙂 I do love seeing the familiar"faces" here - thank you. I have a general idea of what you mean. I swore I would NEVER let myself get out of control ever again. I felt and looked good, loved everything about myself (okay, except the excess skin, which in retrospect want that bad too some of what I have seen lately that people post) then, slowly but surely... Then in 2018 and 2021 found myself with way too much weight -'18 and now were the worst of it- and the yo-yo cycle continued/continues. I tried the keto thing TWICE The first time I ate cheese like it was a zero calorie food....I don't need to explain what that did.... Cheese is fat and fat I got. You're right, the scale doesn't lie. Even my clothes getting tighter and relegated to the other side of the closet didn't work... Well, I know one thing- the support of this group got me through- I'm a support needing animal🤣🤣 We got this!!! Congratulations on the 6 lbs. Remember, it may be slow right now, but it's working!!! Are you doing it through a clinic or are you doing alternative?
OMG, Linda, I just realized it’s YOU!!! 🤦‍♀️

I left Facebook years ago so lost touch to those in our group.

Anyhow, I’m doing it pretty differently. I was never comfortable with the ingredients in the products whether IP or alternates like through Nashua Nutrition etc. Basically, I’m following the protocol sheet with more focus on the macros and supplements and more whole food and protein powder that fits the standards for ingredients that I want - for me this is Sunwarrior high performance protein powder and Keto Chow. For this reboot, I’ve been doing more 2 meals a day and usually hit 40-45 g Protein and then rest in meal 2. I wanted to incorporate intermittent fasting. One thing I’ve found is it keeps hunger in check by doing two meals a day rather than 4. I’m down 45 lbs in 11 weeks - just about to wrap up 3 months so Monday morning I will have my 3 month result. In the keto world, something like this is referred to as PSMF (protein sparing modified fast) so I’ve brought that into this mix. Also, Dr. Ted Naiman refers to it as P:E Diet (protein to energy).
So, I bring these ideas into it such that this is the easiest go of it that I’ve had.
A year ago I started a YouTube channel explaining and then rebooted my videos in Jan after rebooting the protocol Nov 28 if you are interested in how how I’m doing it, recipe ideas, detailed results etc. It’s called Losin’ It on Keto. I describe it as Ideal Protein style protocol to keto/PSMF.

I hope your Dad and Tony are doing well!

Last edited by Ro22; 02-18-2023 at 01:38 PM.
Old 02-19-2023, 06:09 AM   #194  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro22 View Post
OMG, Linda, I just realized it’s YOU!!! 🤦‍♀️

I left Facebook years ago so lost touch to those in our group.

Anyhow, I’m doing it pretty differently. I was never comfortable with the ingredients in the products whether IP or alternates like through Nashua Nutrition etc. Basically, I’m following the protocol sheet with more focus on the macros and supplements and more whole food and protein powder that fits the standards for ingredients that I want - for me this is Sunwarrior high performance protein powder and Keto Chow. For this reboot, I’ve been doing more 2 meals a day and usually hit 40-45 g Protein and then rest in meal 2. I wanted to incorporate intermittent fasting. One thing I’ve found is it keeps hunger in check by doing two meals a day rather than 4. I’m down 45 lbs in 11 weeks - just about to wrap up 3 months so Monday morning I will have my 3 month result. In the keto world, something like this is referred to as PSMF (protein sparing modified fast) so I’ve brought that into this mix. Also, Dr. Ted Naiman refers to it as P:E Diet (protein to energy).
So, I bring these ideas into it such that this is the easiest go of it that I’ve had.
A year ago I started a YouTube channel explaining and then rebooted my videos in Jan after rebooting the protocol Nov 28 if you are interested in how how I’m doing it, recipe ideas, detailed results etc. It’s called Losin’ It on Keto. I describe it as Ideal Protein style protocol to keto/PSMF.

I hope your Dad and Tony are doing well!
🤣🤣 I at here yesterday morning to myself saying that's someone in the group but I don't remember the handles anymore🤣🤣 Rochelle, that's amazing!! Would you mind if I posted this into the group? I'll bet Beth would be interested for sure! There's a handful of us that are rebooting - some who have done amazingly over the years- rockstar worthy!! Some have put all the weight back on, some way more than they should have 🙋🏻‍♀️, some who just need a few off- is a good mix and There's a few we haven't heard from- but it's great to have that support again. I will definitely check out the YouTube channel. Dad's doing well, almost 88 and I breathed a sigh of relief when he sold his Harley about 5 years ago..... Last week he came home with a Can-Am... One of those 3 wheel jobs with the 2 wheels in front 🤦🏻‍♀️ grrrr. The kidneys seem to be holding on despite stage 4 no dialysis thank God. Moms memory continues to deteriorate, but thankfully he's pretty sharp and can keep an eye on things. Right now it's just a huge lapse in short term memory. Tony is well. Lost a bunch of weight, got off all his diabetes meds for a couple of years, then boom..... Ate crappy for too long, only put on a few pounds but A1C went sky high, so we're dealing with that- which, in a selfish way, helps me because all the stuff I love can't be in the house. Anyways-GREAT to see you and I look forward to seeing the stuff on YouTube!! Stay well🙂
Old 02-19-2023, 03:05 PM   #195  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

Ugh.. posted a long response and 3FC had a hiccup and didn't post.. That's 3x in past week.
Anyhow, of course I don't mind!
​​I think there's a lot of info on that channel that can help.
As I previously noted, doing moderate protein, low fat and low carb, this is the easiest go of it that I have had. It's actually super enjoyable. I believe the 2x meals per day the way I'm doing it is a critical difference. It prevents hunger signals which I get if I eat in the morning.

The other thing that is different is this isn't any weird packaged food etc so my maintenance plan is the exact same, same recipes with just a little more fat. This is a first for me that I'm fully satiated and not having any thoughts like when I'm finished I'm having this or that which is because this is fully satiating and nutritionally sound..
I don't have a goal weight in mind but if I target my original result than I'm halfway there which will take another 3 months or so assuming i continue to lose at a similar pace..

So happy to hear about your parents!
I guess Tony learned a tough lesson but sounds like it can pay dividends for long term success - live and learn!

Just like the first time, Linda, you can achieve whatever goal you have if you just take it step by step,, little by little. It's taking me multiple reboot yo-yos to realize to find a better way to do this to actually successfully hit maintenance and im feeling pretty confident I've found it. Doing the channel helps as it keeps me accountable, an enjoyable hobby and spurs creativity that has generated successes that I will even incorporate in long term maintenance.

Looking forward to continue connecting here. It was depressing when it was a ghost town here!