Old 06-16-2018, 05:55 AM   #166  

S/C/G: 212/125/140orig/130 chgd 9/5

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleblower View Post
Nice to see you again! I, too, refused to start buying bigger clothing sizes again, so that really forced me to try to keep things relatively reigned in. I have a different coach as well this time since we moved, and she's not nearly as good. Thankfully I don't need as much coaching this time around.

I finally broke the 140 barrier a few days ago, and that was major for me. It seems to have given me the mental incentive to keep going, so I've been sticking pretty close to P1 this week.
Hi bubble! Nice to see you!! I wish I hadn’t thrown out my food logs. I did that about a week or 2 before I decided to reboot. CONGRATULATIONS on breaking 140! I hope next week to get out of the 150s. I have reminded myself once or twice to remember how good it felt in my clothes and having them loose. This diet really is all about mental focus imho. We don’t have to do anything but follow the “rules”. Congratulations again on the loss!!!
Destony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 02:35 PM   #167  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Hello Maintainers!

Glad to see some activity in here! One month on P1 and down almost 10 lbs! Only 25 more to go! Congrats to all us losers. I mean that in the best possible way...
catlady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 05:00 AM   #168  

Smile

Great job!!!! Congratulations!!!!! For me, P1 feels like an old pair of comfortable slippers/pants...whatever....there's a certain comfort right now for me- (lots going on) nice to have something easy. I'm into my 3rd week, and my joints are starting to feel better (that should tell me something....) my pocketbook lighter and my sense of wellbeing is better..Nice to see you again Cat
Old 06-25-2018, 08:19 AM   #169  

S/C/G: 186.5/149/135

Height: 5.5

How are you all eating on the Maintainers site here? Could you all give me an example of your meals? I have maintained my weight since January. I would like to lose another 10 but has been kinda hard. I still use the products for breakfast and lunch, and dinner I allow myself to have certain things like yogurt dressing that I have found to be an "ok" item and a few other little items. I haven't gained and I am really happy with my health. ugh...
Skinnyjeangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 03:27 PM   #170  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinnyjeangirl View Post
How are you all eating on the Maintainers site here? Could you all give me an example of your meals? I have maintained my weight since January. I would like to lose another 10 but has been kinda hard. I still use the products for breakfast and lunch, and dinner I allow myself to have certain things like yogurt dressing that I have found to be an "ok" item and a few other little items. I haven't gained and I am really happy with my health. ugh...
Hi Skinnyjeangirl,

Based on what you've said here it sounds like you are still doing P1 with a few additions. The way to get to maintenance is to transition through the phases. I think the sheets for the different phases are in the sticky notes at the top of the boards. If you want to see how some of us worked it out in maintenance the best thing to do is to read through the maintenance threads. There is a bunch of good info in those threads. Basically what it boils down to is a macro balance at each meal. Keep upping your calories by 100 or so each week after you finish P3 until you see a slight gain and then back off. Eat all the things in balance and you should be able to maintain. It works out a bit different for everyone and IP is not real good about giving guidance in Maintenance. It's when you go off the rails and slide into your old way of eating (I'm looking at me here!) that the weight starts to come back on and you have to do a reboot. Only stay on P1 until you get to your goal weight. If you aren't there yet, go back to strict P1. Hope that helps!

As for me I'm still chugging along on P1. Not much happened last week or this week but I know weight loss is not linear and that if I stay on this the weight will come off. Eventually. Hope you all have a great weekend.

Last edited by catlady1981; 07-07-2018 at 03:30 PM.
Old 07-07-2018, 08:51 PM   #171  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Nice to see everyone! We've been traveling, which always makes it tougher for me. Too many restaurants and red wine with dinner. That said, I haven't gained, just stalled. Time to recommit to getting the last pounds back off!
bubbleblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 09:47 AM   #172  

Thank you for the insight! I will read as you suggested! thank you for giving the time to share! Good luck to us! I will update in a few months and let you know! Have a great day!
Old 07-14-2018, 09:48 AM   #173  

Default Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady1981 View Post
Hi Skinnyjeangirl,

Based on what you've said here it sounds like you are still doing P1 with a few additions. The way to get to maintenance is to transition through the phases. I think the sheets for the different phases are in the sticky notes at the top of the boards. If you want to see how some of us worked it out in maintenance the best thing to do is to read through the maintenance threads. There is a bunch of good info in those threads. Basically what it boils down to is a macro balance at each meal. Keep upping your calories by 100 or so each week after you finish P3 until you see a slight gain and then back off. Eat all the things in balance and you should be able to maintain. It works out a bit different for everyone and IP is not real good about giving guidance in Maintenance. It's when you go off the rails and slide into your old way of eating (I'm looking at me here!) that the weight starts to come back on and you have to do a reboot. Only stay on P1 until you get to your goal weight. If you aren't there yet, go back to strict P1. Hope that helps!

As for me I'm still chugging along on P1. Not much happened last week or this week but I know weight loss is not linear and that if I stay on this the weight will come off. Eventually. Hope you all have a great weekend.
wow I tried to reply and it sent it into its own post, anyway thank you for giving your insight! I appreciate it and will read as you suggested! Thank you!!!
Old 07-23-2018, 03:44 PM   #174  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

I never seem to feel like I'm losing much until I try on clothes that had become too tight to be comfortable in. Nice to have things fitting better these days! Hope you all are doing well. One day at a time!!
bubbleblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 03:32 PM   #175  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleblower View Post
I never seem to feel like I'm losing much until I try on clothes that had become too tight to be comfortable in. Nice to have things fitting better these days! Hope you all are doing well. One day at a time!!
Bubble: I know the feeling. Some of my clothes are almost baggy! Down 14 lbs on this reboot! Only another 20 more to go. And one day at a time is the best way to approach this. Good thoughts for all of us!

Skinny: Glad to be able to help.
Old 08-28-2018, 05:26 AM   #176  

Good Morning Everyone! Well as Summer is coming to a close, I have been P1 since June 4th-I'm into my 13th week. Originally I was looking to shed about 30 lbs. That would put me within 2 lbs of my original weight when I went in to maintenance. Lesson #1-it takes a lot longer to get those stubborn pounds off then it did when I originally lost my 80+ lbs. #2-my weight now goes on VERY differently than it used to (disclaimer-I'm now in Menopause) hips, thighs and arse are the main recipients- it goes on everywhere else too- but those seem to be the worst. #3-it's no longer a weight goal- a few weeks in I came to this realization- it's about fitting COMFORTABLY back into all of the clothes that I bought when I phased off. #4-IP's rules change-BUT I am old school and I explained to my coach as such. I let her know that I will be following the "old protocol" when it comes to phasing off- not the "newfangled" going straight from P1 to maintenance. I still have a bit to go- an inch here- inch and a half there- but I will keep on plugging along. Not to say that I haven't recently taken a bit of something I shouldn't have or a slice of cheese-but I am SUPER cautious not to knock myself out of ketosis. That's the key. I understand much more now, and things my wonderful coach Megan explained to me back in the day. My new coach is okay- she's nice enough but my old coach was a wealth of knowledge- and not only did she talk to the talk, she walked the walk- over 4 years at that point. Anyhow- just thought I would check in. Hope everyone is well!! Lbj
Old 08-28-2018, 11:50 AM   #177  

Hello all!

Destony I couldn't agree more. All the things you said...I'm experiencing as well. I've recently pulled out some of my smaller clothes and they fit...somewhat snugly but I'm getting there. I didn't realize that IP was changing the protocol. Since I use alternatives I don't go to a clinic. I've been on P1 since May 28 and I'm down 14.8 lbs. I just can't seem to get into the 150's. Also I am so much hungrier this time around that I finally decided to do the Alternate P1 where you add Carbs/Fruits/Dairy one time each day. That seems to help me stick to it better. At this point I still have 20 lbs to get to where I was when I lost all my weight the first time. I'm realizing that may not be realistic. Just fitting in my clothes again would make me happy.
Old 08-28-2018, 02:10 PM   #178  

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady1981 View Post
Hello all!

Destony I couldn't agree more. All the things you said...I'm experiencing as well. I've recently pulled out some of my smaller clothes and they fit...somewhat snugly but I'm getting there. I didn't realize that IP was changing the protocol. Since I use alternatives I don't go to a clinic. I've been on P1 since May 28 and I'm down 14.8 lbs. I just can't seem to get into the 150's. Also I am so much hungrier this time around that I finally decided to do the Alternate P1 where you add Carbs/Fruits/Dairy one time each day. That seems to help me stick to it better. At this point I still have 20 lbs to get to where I was when I lost all my weight the first time. I'm realizing that may not be realistic. Just fitting in my clothes again would make me happy.
Hi Andrea-I was blown away when she told me that they now go from P1 right in to maintenance. All I could think of was how many people had we seen on the forums say that "I put my weight on because I didn't phase off properly, or I rushed it" or something like that. I'm not willing to take that risk. Especially with what it has taken me to get here. I put a note in my calendar on my desk in December to watch out- remember that I spent the entire summer taking my weight back off. I'll be looking forward to P3 breakfasts though. I'm starting to miss some of those things- like butter and cheese.
Old 09-07-2018, 05:23 AM   #179  

Hello and Happy Friday! I continue to plug along in P1 (in the midst of my 14th week) I'm doing well, comfortable in knowing that it works- (I have a bite of something now and again that I shouldn't - last night I had a slice of baby swiss- things like that- a week ago it was a spoonful of my boyfriends ice cream- but nothing (knock on wood) blowing things out of the water. Had some challenges recently with my dad and his health-which we're not out of the woods yet-(Thanks tickborne illness', an ongoing situation over the years-but now in his elder years getting progressively worse) Anyhow- I'm finally closing in on what had been my "scream" weight. That would give me 5 more top lose after that, however, I still stand by my plan of how my clothing fits and not what the scale tells me. Older and wiser? Perhaps. I wonder what your opinion of the shiritake mushroom noodles might be-I'm leaning towards P1 compliant. What are your thoughts?
Old 10-14-2018, 08:42 AM   #180  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Hi all! I thought I'd take a peek back here and see if anyone looked familiar. Life has been crazy, parents losing driving privileges/licence therefore needing to move to senior residence in town and sell house. Guess who actually got to do all that downsizing, garage sales, and house sale. Yeah. Me. At least I am holding my own, maintaining at my steady 8-10 above my original goal weight that I got to 4.5 yrs ago. Health has downgraded slightly, now I do have to take the smallest amount of dessicated thyroid since my antibodies had risen again and I had symptoms. It's helping at least, so that's good. Re: .maintenance menus.... Do a search for "Maintainers What Are You Eating" .Lots of daily diaries transferred from MFP with macro counts too.

I promise to pop back in here more often too. I would like to up my game and get back to 132-5 lbs again.

Liana

Last edited by canadjineh; 10-14-2018 at 08:44 AM.
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote