Old 04-13-2017, 08:38 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

My exercise has fallen by the wayside these days... seems like I am running from one appointment to another or one errand to another and now I have a nasty cold complete with gallons of mucous in my lungs.
Here's a question, shouldn't our body be using up its fat reserves for energy when it turns thin air into gallons of mucous? Where the heck does it come from? This morning I thought I might have to use my puffer and was considering the Pulmicort again (my prescription is from 2005 - I haven't used it much), although it really is only good for treating bronchitis left over after a cold and not a mucous-y situation.
Suffice it to say, I'm sticking to all my vitamins and extra c's and zinc. Right now I'm feeling yucky as I just took my copper and zinc and they make my tummy upset without food in it. I threw down a couple pickle slices and 4 pieces of cervelat salami. High Fat P1, lol.

The weight is coming back down but I find I do have to track my food or I just eat too much, even IFing. My eating window is one long meal, hahah.

Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 12:25 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Hi Liana! Love Rowan Atkinson! Hope you're feeling better!
catlady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 05:03 PM   #138  

Hi Andrea! It was just a nasty cold that apparently everybody else got a bit earlier than I. I didn't end up using the drugs, just the vitamins and it seemed to work after a bit.
I just get so tired of taking all those supplements, but I do know that they work to keep me going (I found out the difference when I run out of something).
I love Rowan Atkinson too!
Liana
Old 05-11-2017, 05:56 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Hey there Liana,

Glad you are feeling better. I am done with my reboot for now. Down almost 12 lbs. Vacation starts next week. My daughter is graduating on Monday and then we spend some quality time in Oregon. Then we both come back to Texas. She is going to be living with me for a while until she gets on her feet and finds a good job. She is a very healthy eater so I don't think it will be to hard to stay on track with her around.
catlady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 04:22 AM   #140  

Hi everybody! I've been working lots since we have had quite a bit of flooding here and lots of road closures and mudslides: this is the farm just behind mom & dad's... the river has flooded over its banks and filled the pasture. The cattle in the corner are having a conniption because they couldn't get to the usual hay drop-off spot. The farmer had to come shoo them over to another field where he had dropped off the bale. Cattle aren't known for their smarts, lol. The river is actually on the other side of the trees.
Lately it seems I am doing One Meal A Day, just the way timing is working out.

Liana
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 003 (800x450).jpg (22.5 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 001 (800x450).jpg (28.4 KB, 6 views)
Old 07-09-2017, 12:16 PM   #141  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Hi Maintainers! I am doing a small reboot. I am about 5# over my goal and just feeling all around fluffy. I was on antibiotics for a sinus infection and boy, did that just mess me up. I am so bloated and all around fluffy. I am hoping that this small reboot will get me back to my goal, but also back to the overall lean feeling that I usually have. It shouldn't take me too long to get back since I am not too far over goal. I have found that if I do a couple of mini reboots through out the course of the year, it helps keep me in line and keeps me from getting too far away from goal. Also, having my clothes not fitting the same is an excellent motivator I absolutely refuse to buy bigger clothes, so when the ones I own start fitting a little snug or just a little differently, I know it is time to buckle down for a few weeks and get things back on track.

Hope you all are doing well and keeping your weight at bay.
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 12:57 AM   #142  

Feeling pretty 'fluffy' myself these days but now it's so freaking hot and sunny for weeks on end... We go from the wettest spring on record at 151% of normal precip. to the 2nd driest June ever at 19% of normal. And over 200 fires burning in the province right now - BC-wide state of emergency proclaimed. Keeping an eye on several that could grow in our area. Getting our Go-bags ready and evac plans for ourselves and all our parents, just in case.
Old 07-11-2017, 11:51 AM   #143  

Day 3 on my reboot and definitely starting to feel less fluffy. Thank goodness because I was getting to the point where I couldn't stand myself, but I am starting to feel more normal.
Old 07-13-2017, 02:52 PM   #144  

Hi Maintainers. Reboot is going well, I am on Day 5. Not sure who is still checking this thread or who is still around, but I wanted to share with you some amino acids that I have found that seem to be really helping me, and I think they would even be beneficial in maintenance.

One of the things that I like to do in my free time is read and review books for publishers. I belong to a couple of websites that allow you to request advanced copies of books in exchange for a review. I recently read a book called Eat Fat, Get Fit. While it wasn't much different than other books I have read that tout higher fat diets, it did highlight some Amino Acid's that I wasn't aware of.

The first one is DL-Phenylalanine or DLPA for short. DLPA helps manage stress and promotes calmness, but the feature that attracted me most to DLPA was it's appetite suppressant qualities. The origin of this comes from The Mood Cure. In TMC, it is discussed that cravings originate in the brain and processed foods send false signals to the brain to create those cravings (hence why the more sugar you eat, the more you crave it!). Anyway, DLPA has been shown to mitigate cravings. After I read this, knowing that I was going to start P1, I had to get some. While I can't speak to the science, I can tell you that I fully believe that taking DLPA worked for me. For the first time ever, I have not experienced "keto flu", nor have I been hungry- like at all, and have had absolutely no cravings or thoughts of food- period. Seriously, transitioning into P1 and ketosis has always been really rough for me. I dream about food, I am always so, so hungry, get terrible headaches until I am fully into ketosis. Not this time. And even now being on Day 5, I feel great and it was the easiest transition I have ever had on P1.

The other amino acid that the book recommended is L-Tryptophan, which you may recall that people say is why turkey makes you sleepy. As with DLPA, tryptophan also helps combat anxiety and depression, but it is also helps mitigate carbohydrate cravings. When I started researching tryptophan, I noticed a lot of people said that they took it at night and it helped them get a great nights sleep. So the first few times, I tried this, but it seemed to have the opposite effect on me and ended up keeping me awake. I switched it to noontime and I believe that it has been effective for me. I have great energy through out the day and as I mentioned, I have had no cravings, at all, since I started this regime, which also happens to coincide with Day 1 (Sun).

As I mentioned, I never had such an easy P1 transition, but I think this will also be effective once I go back on maintenance. My biggest downfall is sugar. I just love chocolate and dessert / sweets. When I am in maintenance, I make room in my macros (I follow the "If it fits your macros" methodology for maintenance) to have at least a piece of dark chocolate every day. What usually ends up happening is that as maintenance goes on, I get a little bit freer with myself and 1 piece becomes 2 which becomes ordering dessert in a restaurant, it keeps building. So, my thinking that if taking these AA have been so effective in P1 where cravings are at their highest, there is no reason to think that they won't help during maintenance.

Anyway, I thought I would share because these seem to be helping me and maybe they would help others. I am not a doctor, scientist or even an IP coach. Just a seasoned IP'er who reboots more times than she cares to admit
Old 07-14-2017, 08:28 AM   #145  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
Hi Maintainers. Reboot is going well, I am on Day 5. Not sure who is still checking this thread or who is still around, but I wanted to share with you some amino acids that I have found that seem to be really helping me, and I think they would even be beneficial in maintenance.

One of the things that I like to do in my free time is read and review books for publishers. I belong to a couple of websites that allow you to request advanced copies of books in exchange for a review. I recently read a book called Eat Fat, Get Fit. While it wasn't much different than other books I have read that tout higher fat diets, it did highlight some Amino Acid's that I wasn't aware of.

The first one is DL-Phenylalanine or DLPA for short. DLPA helps manage stress and promotes calmness, but the feature that attracted me most to DLPA was it's appetite suppressant qualities. The origin of this comes from The Mood Cure. In TMC, it is discussed that cravings originate in the brain and processed foods send false signals to the brain to create those cravings (hence why the more sugar you eat, the more you crave it!). Anyway, DLPA has been shown to mitigate cravings. After I read this, knowing that I was going to start P1, I had to get some. While I can't speak to the science, I can tell you that I fully believe that taking DLPA worked for me. For the first time ever, I have not experienced "keto flu", nor have I been hungry- like at all, and have had absolutely no cravings or thoughts of food- period. Seriously, transitioning into P1 and ketosis has always been really rough for me. I dream about food, I am always so, so hungry, get terrible headaches until I am fully into ketosis. Not this time. And even now being on Day 5, I feel great and it was the easiest transition I have ever had on P1.

The other amino acid that the book recommended is L-Tryptophan, which you may recall that people say is why turkey makes you sleepy. As with DLPA, tryptophan also helps combat anxiety and depression, but it is also helps mitigate carbohydrate cravings. When I started researching tryptophan, I noticed a lot of people said that they took it at night and it helped them get a great nights sleep. So the first few times, I tried this, but it seemed to have the opposite effect on me and ended up keeping me awake. I switched it to noontime and I believe that it has been effective for me. I have great energy through out the day and as I mentioned, I have had no cravings, at all, since I started this regime, which also happens to coincide with Day 1 (Sun).

As I mentioned, I never had such an easy P1 transition, but I think this will also be effective once I go back on maintenance. My biggest downfall is sugar. I just love chocolate and dessert / sweets. When I am in maintenance, I make room in my macros (I follow the "If it fits your macros" methodology for maintenance) to have at least a piece of dark chocolate every day. What usually ends up happening is that as maintenance goes on, I get a little bit freer with myself and 1 piece becomes 2 which becomes ordering dessert in a restaurant, it keeps building. So, my thinking that if taking these AA have been so effective in P1 where cravings are at their highest, there is no reason to think that they won't help during maintenance.

Anyway, I thought I would share because these seem to be helping me and maybe they would help others. I am not a doctor, scientist or even an IP coach. Just a seasoned IP'er who reboots more times than she cares to admit
Thanks for sharing! I will definitely look into these!
frawniemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 05:11 PM   #146  
I can do it again!

S/C/G: 194/191/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:

::: sprints to Amazon ::::

Thank you! Because, seriously -- for me, this time, it's been brutal staying on plan.
marcibeaucoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 09:32 PM   #147  
Started IP 1/29/2013

S/C/G: 194/130/145

Height: 5'2

Quote:

Hi Jenny! Do you take 1 DLPA and 1 of the tryptophan pills per day? Just trying to figure out dose. Thanks!
jelliehel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 10:30 AM   #148  

Hi Maintainers. I actually bought the powder version of both DLPA & Tryptophan (from a company called bulk supplements).

What I have been doing is I take 375mg of the DLPA in my pre-workout drink (mixed with other AA) and then I add another 375mg into my post workout shake. On days that I do not work out, I just mix 375mg into my very first shake, in the morning. Regardless of if I am on P1 or not, on days I don't work out, I always start my day with a protein shake. Then that is it. I don't do any more.

Then at noon, I mix 500mg of the Tryptophan in a shaker bottle with a little bit of water (maybe 4 oz?) and shake vigorously and then just shoot it down. It tastes pretty nasty, but I have a fairly high tolerance for stuff like that. Now, if you were maintaining and not on P1, I would think that this would be ok to do with a little bit of juice- maybe orange or pineapple and it would be a bit more palatable. It does not mix well, that why I do it in a shaker bottle. And again, that is it. I don't take any more doses.

Now, for a quick update. Things are still going well. 1 week complete on P1 reboot, I lost 2.6#, which considering I am really close to my goal is a decent week 1 loss. I have 2.8# to get back to 135. I am starting week 2 today. I am committing to another week on P1.

So, since this is the maintainers thread, I will share with you some further experience with the AA's. Usually on Sat, whether I am in P1 or maintenance, I tend to "lighten the reigns" a bit with my eating plan. I don't go crazy, but if I am in maintenance, I will usually take this opportunity for a cheat meal. But on P1, I usually just have a few more carbs than usual, maybe bump up to 75-80g. Nothing crazy, but I am just a little bit less strict. Then no matter what, I always do a bootcamp day on Sun and keep carbs at 20g. Anyway, so yesterday I had a little bit of a deviation and had a few pieces of chocolate. The reason I want to tell you this is because many times, once I start down the path of having some chocolate, the cravings start all over again for me. But not yesterday. Not at all. And I fully believe it was because of the new supplements. I had them early in the day, and I didn't have any cravings for more all day long, I still felt like my appetite was in check / suppressed and was able to continue on P1 for the rest of the day with no cravings or issues. I didn't want to share in the rebooters thread or any other because I don't want to discourage anyone or get into the whole "strict" conversation.

If you guys try these, please let me know if you experience the same results that I have. I am astonished at how quickly they worked and the fact that they DID work. As excited as I am to have these helping me in P1 this time around, I am really very excited to see how this translates to maintenance. Keep me posted.

Last edited by jennydoodle; 07-16-2017 at 10:33 AM.
Old 07-17-2017, 05:20 PM   #149  

Hi Jenny, I am taking other amino acids to work on other health issues (auto-immune) L- Tyrosine and L-Carnitine. I think they are helping with my health issues as the levels of antibodies my docs and I are keeping track of have been lowering. My issue unfortunately is not with sweets. I just eat too much fat & protein. (cheese & pepperoni mainly). Glad you found some things that are helping you. Keep on keepin' on gals!
Liana
Old 07-22-2017, 11:19 AM   #150  

Default IP products online

Catlady - I am rebooting too! I ned to rethink my maintenance plan. I started the plan about a year ago and reached goal in about 4 months but every few months have been doing a reboot!

You can buy IP products in eBay if you don't have a clinic near by. There's a seller in Canada that will let you mix and match packets so I have found that helpful. Hope that helps.
Alitx05 is offline   Reply With Quote