Old 06-14-2016, 03:01 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 221/192.4/160

Height: 5 '8

I have been moving all weekend- so just checking in now! Good news- I did a lot of physical labor this weekend, but bad news I ate off plan again. I didnt weigh myself this morning - my scale is in a box somewhere, so I entered my weight before we moved. I am back OP and will see what the damage is tomorrow.

I think it is the lack of structure and have more time and opportunity to eat crazy stuff on the weekends. I tend to have an all or nothing mentality...i was even thinking of going to a hypnotist or a eating disorder counselor to get my mind locked on my goal again...has anyone done this ?
CO_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 07:43 PM   #77  
IP Start 01/03/16

S/C/G: 244/210/150

Height: 5' 5.5"

lizzibeth Thank you...it'll be nice to stick with plan and get this fat moving away! All of it that I don't need or want!

RealNatalia Yay!!!! Haven't been there in almost 4 years! That's fantastic and must feel fabulous!

PeachyKeen1 Great loss!

CarrotsAreMyLife I'm there with you - down 3.2 pounds total for the two weeks due to my gain the first - but stick with and don't disappear. Coming here helps me - as if I don't come here then I'll do a downward spiral when I'm not doing as I'd like or supposed to do.
Kayweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 04:01 PM   #78  

Hiya,
Been lurking since just before Memorial Day, started on IP on May 31. Thanks to everyone who posts, it's very inspiring. I'm back here today because I feel low energy and headachey again today, reminding me of days 3 and 4, altho i think in fact it's not IP related but is a mild tummy bug that's going round at work.
Anyone have any suggestions for IP-friendly meals that are easy on the tummy? I had chicken a la king soup for lunch, actually tempted to have again for dinner as 8 oz of protein is unappealing right now. I am usually missing "real" foods but today tempted to eat all packets... you guys think that would be bad?
in any case, glad to be here and on the Memorial Day challenge spreadsheet. I'm in onederland, hooray! Down seven pounds last time i saw my coach, 13 according to my scales (I like my scales better ha ha. but am using coach's weigh ins for the challenge.)
Best wishes to all
Ripip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 04:28 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripip View Post
Hiya,
Been lurking since just before Memorial Day, started on IP on May 31. Thanks to everyone who posts, it's very inspiring. I'm back here today because I feel low energy and headachey again today, reminding me of days 3 and 4, altho i think in fact it's not IP related but is a mild tummy bug that's going round at work.
Anyone have any suggestions for IP-friendly meals that are easy on the tummy? I had chicken a la king soup for lunch, actually tempted to have again for dinner as 8 oz of protein is unappealing right now. I am usually missing "real" foods but today tempted to eat all packets... you guys think that would be bad?
in any case, glad to be here and on the Memorial Day challenge spreadsheet. I'm in onederland, hooray! Down seven pounds last time i saw my coach, 13 according to my scales (I like my scales better ha ha. but am using coach's weigh ins for the challenge.)
Best wishes to all
Hi Rip!

Yes - although not advisable long-term, eating just packets / drink mixes / shakes / broth / light fare for a day or two shouldn't have any long-term negative effect.

I caught a horrible upper-respiratory illness / ear infection about 8 weeks into my IP journey and organic chicken broth was a life saver.

Feel better soon!

for onederland! Congrats!

CO_6 - No, I never tried hypnotism or counseling, but will say after 30 years of off and on weight loss failures, I got it set in my mind I was absolutely not going to be "forty and fat". I wanted to be a size 6/8 and normal BMI (the second half of that has changed...but that is beside the point)
Imvho, weight loss / dieting is 20% food, 80% mental.
I wish I had some magic words or advice - over the 9 months that I lost 90 pounds, there were a few nights of frustration, anger, and yes, tears. I'd never been thin, so I didn't even have a mental picture of what I wanted to look like - but something had clicked and I was determined to NOT 'fail' again.

I saw this meme the other day and it resonated with me, especially regarding IP:

Change is HARD in the beginning, MESSY in the middle, and GORGEOUS at the end
hysteria_625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 04:50 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 185.8/138.6/135.8

Height: 5' 2"

Thanks Kayweight! Glad you're back! I know it can be hard to stick with it but the longer I go the easier it is. But like everyone I'm not perfect. This past Friday was my birthday and 2 of our friends were getting married so I planned to break protocol for my first time since starting in January I had sugar, booze and starchy carbs. Had 2 days off protocol and I def had more than I should of because I felt bloated and kinda icky and itching to get back on track. Monday I was up 7lbs from my Friday morning weigh in. YIKES! Luckily after 3 days back on protocol I'm back down to where I was and feeling much better! I may not have a net loss this week but breaking even would be fine by me. Keep at it Kay!

PeachyKeen1 Club soda/seltzer has been my go to stand in for wine/cocktails/beer. Either with a twist of citrus or if I'm at home or a friend's place I'll often bring along some La Croix they have lots of good flavors and no sweeteners of any kind. You won't forget you're not drinking wine but it's something!
maybeface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 07:35 PM   #81  

Chicken stock!!! Yes!!! Thanks Hysteria 625. And wow your words and your running are impressive. I just signed up for my first 5K -- at 45, ugh -- that I'm planning to run with my 12-year-old daughter in November. Hoping that gives me time to lose enough weight that I can train without hurting my knees, like I did last time I tried... I'm hoping to lose the weight with IP and keep it off with moving my body through space, plus IP maintenance education. Sick of feeling older than I am because I'm too heavy. Here's to us all!
Old 06-16-2016, 11:28 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

So I weighed today and GAINED 1 lb I was 100% all week. BUT I'm not worried because I know that I have been following the plan. I am bloated and constipated so I know that is a factor. I will keep on keeping on 100% and I am positive the scale will be nice to me next week! LOL
Kellyc14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 12:11 PM   #83  

Ripip- sorry you're not feeling well. It can be challenging when LC because everything we tend to grab is high carb (think of BRAT diet!)
The thing I found most soothing was egg drop soup. It's almost as light as broth with the benefit of making your tummy shut up and feeling more like a meal (those times your tummy rumbles but you'd rather do anything than eat)
In fact the first time I ever tries egg drop soup was when LC and sick.
Other potential options: IP soup mix, shakes, IP pudding mix or RTS, product hacks like the muffins or bread (maybe hub or kids can whip it up?) and not 100% on plan but if desperate, a toasted slice of LC bread.
RealNatalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 12:42 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 227/204/127

Height: 5'3"

Hi! Lost 4lbs this week! I'm thrilled. This puts me at exactly 20lbs lost since starting IP. Just 7 more to get to Onederland...can I make it before the challenge is over? That is my goal for this challenge. Although that's my goal, I don't think I can do any better than I am doing now, so really, I just have to wait and see what the scales say at the end of two weeks.

@Kellyc14: Wow, I read your sig line and I stand in awe that you were able to get yourself back on track when you saw the number on the scale inching upwards. It only took 10 pounds for you to wake up and make a change. For me, it was 50. You inspire me.

@CO_6: A WW leader once told me something that helped me with the all-or-nothing-approach. She said that if our car gets a flat tire, we don't jump out of the car and immediately stab holes into the other 3 tires, so why do we give ourselves permission to eat food we know we shouldn't eat when we make one little slip up. You have probably heard that one before, but it has helped me in the past. Still, whenever I get myself into a state of denial, nothing seems to help get me on track again. That's what I have to work on if I'm going to make this weight loss a success.

@Maybeface: I'll seek out some LaCroix this week. I have done the seltzer with a twist but still not the same. I do try to put my drinks in fancy glasses. It helps a little.

Two weeks to go on this Challenge! Let's see if we can all have the best numbers we can personally have. Cheers for everyone! (They're drinking La Croix in fancy glasses!)

Peach
PeachyKeen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 12:51 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

PeachyKeen1, try a mockito: seltzer, lime juice, fresh mint leaves muddled and a TINY squirt of lemonade Mio or Nesfrutta.
Mio in any plain soda water looks festive and you can always add a mint leaf garnish or a lime/lemon wheel on the edge of your glass.
You can also save a drink packet like the mango one or the pineapple one and use slightly less water to mix it up and then top up with soda for a bit of fizz. Pour into a tall glass full of ice.

Fruit flavoured herbal teas made super strong then mixed with seltzer over ice are lovely too. The Celestial Seasonings Black Cherry Berry one is a favorite of mine.
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 12:58 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Okay, maybe I don't know how to work these spreadsheets but my .4 lb INCREASE in weight for the first weigh in seems to keep bumping out to a .4 lb decrease. Not the truth at all, and I keep having to change it again when I go back to the spreadsheet.
Any ideas what I did wrong?
Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 02:55 PM   #87  

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Okay, maybe I don't know how to work these spreadsheets but my .4 lb INCREASE in weight for the first weigh in seems to keep bumping out to a .4 lb decrease. Not the truth at all, and I keep having to change it again when I go back to the spreadsheet.
Any ideas what I did wrong?
Liana
I know when Lisa did the spreadsheets she said that we don't record the gains, only the loss, put a zero for a gain.
Old 06-16-2016, 03:05 PM   #88  

Peechykeen- My signature line is deceptive, I need to change it. That was when I first tried to get back on track...I wasn't successful, gained another 10 lbs and restarted again. This time I have been successful. PHEW!!! So I regained 20, but that's still not TOO bad. I'm just glad to be back on track.

My daughter sent me a text with a picture of LaCroix last night and told me to try it. I bought some today, grapefruit, I like it. I'll have to try the other flavors. I like to put it in a fancy glass, or wine glass, feels like a treat!

"She said that if our car gets a flat tire, we don't jump out of the car and immediately stab holes into the other 3 tires, so why do we give ourselves permission to eat food we know we shouldn't eat when we make one little slip up. I have never heard that but I really like it!!
Old 06-17-2016, 12:24 PM   #89  

Thanks RealNatalia
i took your advice and made muffins for the first time, really helped.
Old 06-17-2016, 12:55 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 210/210/190

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachyKeen1 View Post
Hello everyone,

I'm late entering last week's WI, but it's in the spreadsheet now. Down 3 lbs! I was shocked b/c my home scale, which has been reliable, showed me up two pounds. I gave up all splenda by mid week. I don't know if that's what did it, but I'm afraid to use splenda at all now -- even the half packet I like to use in my once-a-day cup of coffee. I'm feeling good about this week and can't wait for WI on Thursday. I can breathe while wearing jeans again. It's the little victories that make such a difference, yes?

@Pish Posh - thanks for your info on Splenda.
@Kayweight - Amazing! Weigh to go, Girl!
@Real Natalia - You too! I hope to join you in Onederland soon.
@Dina - You got this. You can do it.
@CO_6 re weekends: Let us know what's troubling you about the weekends. I'm sure some of us are having the same trouble you are.
@Mabeface: How, how do you not miss the wine at social occasions? It's killing me. Really, it's the only thing that truly tempts me right now. It's so hard not to want to sit outside in this gorgeous weather with friends at a bar-b-q and not have a glass of wine in my hand to sip on. I guess it's hard for me bc it's really the only product that I can't find a viable OP substitute. Oh well, I know this way is better for me.

Good Perseverance everyone! Onward and downward!
Peach
Thank you Peach.
I don't know what I'm doing wrong. What should I watch? Anyone?
My sugar ...check...my carbs ..no check...I try to watch my carbs but even when I do it doesn't seem to help.
Dina123 is offline   Reply With Quote