Old 06-21-2016, 02:16 PM   #16  
IP start 4/4/16

S/C/G: 280/235/199.9

Height: 5ft6in

I need to start doing this too and reading for inspiration.

B: vanilla peanut bar (restricted) & 8oz black coffee
L: 2 cups zoodles and dark choc. pudding as shake
D: 8ox burger wrapped in lettuce with pickles/tomato/onion/mustard and 1&1/2 cups cauliflower rice w/soy sauce & olive oil
S: choc caramel mug cake and cup of tea

80oz water is my minimum daily, sometimes a decaf black ice coffee too.
CarrotsAreMyLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 03:33 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 274/246/145

Height: 5'5

i like this thread. gives me so good ideas!

today:
B: Vanilla square ( I usually have the chocolate drink that I blend with ice in the blender but I was running so late this morning I just needed to grab and go)
L: salad with spinach, tomato, cucumbers and red onion with apple cider vinegar, olive oil and spices, and bbq crisps

D: 8 oz turkey burger and 2 cups cauliflower

S: prob a caramel mug cake, because i LOVE it. LOL.
Manicjonah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 03:50 PM   #18  

I've been up since 2 am, and when I'm tired I tend to lose willpower. I will stay strong.

Brunch-cut up celery/cucumbers; southwest cheese curls; I was starving so I also had a hard boiled egg with mustard
Snack-Starbucks double shot of expresso over ice (in a venti cup) plus the Vanilla RTD-- this is too good and very filling. It's decadent.
Snack-Pancake with Walden Farms syrup
workout
Dinner- 8 oz. hamburger with pickles and WF thousand island dressing; Can we have hot dogs? I'm guessing no, but I forget if they are allowed. If so, a few bites with sauerkraut.

(alternative phase- i will add a yogurt and corn)
explore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 04:11 PM   #19  
IP start 4/4/16

Quote:
Originally Posted by explore View Post
I've been up since 2 am, and when I'm tired I tend to lose willpower. I will stay strong.

Brunch-cut up celery/cucumbers; southwest cheese curls; I was starving so I also had a hard boiled egg with mustard
Snack-Starbucks double shot of expresso over ice (in a venti cup) plus the Vanilla RTD-- this is too good and very filling. It's decadent.
Snack-Pancake with Walden Farms syrup
workout
Dinner- 8 oz. hamburger with pickles and WF thousand island dressing; Can we have hot dogs? I'm guessing no, but I forget if they are allowed. If so, a few bites with sauerkraut.

(alternative phase- i will add a yogurt and corn)
I bought RTD cappuccino to add to Starbucks espresso this week when we are out of town. I hate to "special order" anything so is it just as easy to ask for "double shot of espresso on ice"? Idk why I'm so paranoid to order something new (to me).

I admit to having a hotdog since I started. We bought sugar free all-beef hot dogs and wrapped them in lettuce with mustard and raw onion. The hotdog was 2oz and I had 6oz chix breast for dinner that night as an offset. There is no way I'd do 8oz of hotdogs for my protein no matter how healthy they appear to me. But that's more mental for me (the stuffing of my face with 4 hotdogs).
Old 06-22-2016, 06:01 AM   #20  

Carrots, the only thing special order at starbucks is that i ask for the two shots of expresso over ice in a venti cup. I pour the RTD drink in myself.
What are zoodles?
I am so nauseous this morning that I'm already worrying about what kind of protein I'm going to eat today. What do you eat when the thought of protein is completely unappealing?
Old 06-22-2016, 06:10 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

explore: Zoodles are amazing, I'm addicted!

http://www.ditchthecarbs.com/2015/09...t-are-zoodles/
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 09:41 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 274/246/145

Height: 5'5

today:

B: Choc chip pancake with two tbs Waldon farms syrup
L: packed 2 cups of broccoli and lemon wafer cookies
D: Thinking unstuffed cabbage minus the tomato sauce (so basically 8 oz ground beef, 2 cups cabbage and some spices
S: vanilla square probably.
Manicjonah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 10:21 AM   #23  
Slowly Shrinking!

S/C/G: Size 18/Size 18/Size 12

Height: 5'8

Today's Plan:
B: IP Omelette with Veggies
L: IP Trail Mix on Romaine with 2 oz tuna and lemon juice
D: 6 oz grilled chicken in stir fry with 2 cups bell peppers. Plus mushrooms, celery and spinach
S: IP Vanilla Square. (The single greatest IP invention I have found)

Exercise: Hatha Yoga. I cannot wait until my body settles into the plan and I can exercise a little more vigorously without feeling awful. For now, planks feel like an accomplishment.
MarcusBrody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 03:16 PM   #24  
IP start 4/4/16

Quote:
Carrots, the only thing special order at starbucks is that i ask for the two shots of expresso over ice in a venti cup. I pour the RTD drink in myself.
What are zoodles?
I am so nauseous this morning that I'm already worrying about what kind of protein I'm going to eat today. What do you eat when the thought of protein is completely unappealing?
Thanks so much! I'm going to order it just like you!

Zoodles are amazing, I see someone posted a link below your response. I either use my potato peeler to make wide strips or I use my veggetti to make them more spaghetti/linguini like. Sometime I sauté with mushrooms and/or tomatoes, olive oil and some basil and they are A-mazing! Try them, you'll love them!
Old 06-22-2016, 03:19 PM   #25  
IP start 4/4/16

Today's menu:

B-brownie and coffee
L-cauliflower rice & asparagus with olive oil & soy sauce, caramel mug cake
S-1 cup sliced cucumber
D-8oz grilled chicken, WF bbq sauce, 1 cup jicama fries and 1 cup grilled mushrooms
S-decaf coffee w/vanilla square
Old 06-22-2016, 03:25 PM   #26  
IP start 4/4/16

Quote:
I got so excited about the Starbucks I forgot to reply to this part.

I hope you are feeling better.

Are you nauseous because maybe your electrolytes are low? I either take some of my salt or a small serving of Powerade. (I get the one that's approved for IP, I don't have it in front of me to double check which one.)

If you are nauseous because you are sick, I'd do something blandish like maybe sautéed ground beef mixed in cauliflower crumbles or diced up grilled chicken the same way. When I feel like that, the thought of looking at/eating a big piece of meat isn't appealing at all to me. You could also do some chicken broth with diced chicken and approved veggies.

I hope the feeling passes quickly for you.

Last edited by CarrotsAreMyLife; 06-22-2016 at 03:25 PM.
Old 06-22-2016, 04:26 PM   #27  

Newbie-thanks for the zoodles info. That is a terrific website.
Carrots- You are going to love ordering the expresso that way at Starbucks! I feel like I'm drinking a really fattening caramel macchiato or something like that when I have this. It's too good. I do feel much better, but the thought of protein is still not appealing. I will probably just have something cold like sliced turkey and roast beef from the deli. I can manage that.
I just tried the brownie today for the first time- I love it!!!
Marcus- I will have to try the vanilla squares! I see some people say that it is a nonrestricted. My coach says that they are restricted. What do you all think?
Old 06-22-2016, 05:16 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Newbie-thanks for the zoodles info. That is a terrific website.
Carrots- You are going to love ordering the expresso that way at Starbucks! I feel like I'm drinking a really fattening caramel macchiato or something like that when I have this. It's too good. I do feel much better, but the thought of protein is still not appealing. I will probably just have something cold like sliced turkey and roast beef from the deli. I can manage that.
I just tried the brownie today for the first time- I love it!!!
Marcus- I will have to try the vanilla squares! I see some people say that it is a nonrestricted. My coach says that they are restricted. What do you all think?
It might depend on where you live, I think there may be a difference between US & Canada squares.

If you are feeling yucky, egg drop soup is always good. Beaten egg poured into hot chicken broth with added approved veggies (celery, etc)

Last edited by canadjineh; 06-22-2016 at 05:17 PM.
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 05:44 PM   #29  

Yum- egg drop soup. Really good idea.
Old 06-22-2016, 09:03 PM   #30  

Love this thread!
I am totally planning on egg drop soup for tomorrow's dinner now. Yum.
I have been eating a lot of soup in general in fact. I don't see anyone else posting about the IP broccoli and cheese soup but it's one of my favorite things.
Today b'fast: choc pudding as a shake with coffee over ice. (I look forward to this!) Also iced green jasmine tea with mint and lime.
Lunch: chicken pottage soup with zoodles, bell peppers and leftover roast cauliflower with fresh chives and parsley.
Dinner: ground turkey with olive oil, chicken stock and no-added sugar chili powder, eaten as lettuce-wrap tacos with homemade salsa, sautéed mushrooms and a red cabbage cilantro lime slaw.
In general I seem to be having trouble getting salad in twice a day but otherwise really enjoy all the veggies. Chicken stock is my new best friend, a tip I got from this site when my stomach was off, definitely recommended fir nausea. If you get the "bone broth" kind - sounds horrible I know - it's higher in protein and so yummy.
Just over three weeks in and my evening moods have finally settled down, I was super tired and cranky the first few weeks by 7 pm. Now feeling great all day. Walk the dog 45 mins in mornings before work and do gentle yoga twice a week, which makes me feel great but v hungry. Down 15 pounds, so happy. Seems to happen in spurts.
As usual, that was probably TMI ha ha. Best wishes to all, love to read all your posts!

Last edited by Ripip; 06-22-2016 at 09:08 PM.
Ripip is offline   Reply With Quote