Old 02-23-2016, 01:27 PM   #1  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Default Started 9/2010, maintained until 1/2015, now up 40 of the 80 I lost, help rebooters

Well ladies, I am back, here is my story:

I started in September of 2010, I lost 80 pounds by February of 2011. I started as a size 18/20 and ended up in a 6 or 8.

I maintained most of that lost but went up and down 10-15 pounds for four years. I maintained a 8-10 size

Then all kinds of old habits came back last February....I went on a ton of trips and weekends away...too much fun happened. I ate out and drank and oh well...here I am. I have gained back 40 of those 80. I am wearing a 12-14, mostly 12, but my chest and arms are my hardest spots and shirts are tight in large or even extra large. I think my boobs are about to reach up and strangle me!

Is anyone out there from other times I was here. I restarted on Sunday and I am prepared to take these 40 pounds back off.
darbs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 03:20 AM   #2  
Serial Dieter

S/C/G: 320/278/200

Height: 6'3"

You started before I did. However I have been a typical yo-yo dieter. For most of us its a constant battle so I relate to your story. Just keep plugging away at it and be glad you only gained 1/2 of your weight back! It can always be worse. The first time I did IP, I lost 76 pounds (from 326 to 249) in 4.5 months, then "took a break" and proceeded to gain all the weight back over the next 8 months. Then I restarted back at my original high weight (326), but the 2nd time on IP, I lost 130 pounds (from 326 to 196). Since then I have gained back about 20 pounds to the mid two-teens. It's a never ending battle for most of us. I am rooting for you.

Last edited by Avalon1957; 02-24-2016 at 03:31 AM.
Avalon1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 06:26 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon1957 View Post
You started before I did. However I have been a typical yo-yo dieter. For most of us its a constant battle so I relate to your story. Just keep plugging away at it and be glad you only gained 1/2 of your weight back! It can always be worse. The first time I did IP, I lost 76 pounds (from 326 to 249) in 4.5 months, then "took a break" and proceeded to gain all the weight back over the next 8 months. Then I restarted back at my original high weight (326), but the 2nd time on IP, I lost 130 pounds (from 326 to 196). Since then I have gained back about 20 pounds to the mid two-teens. It's a never ending battle for most of us. I am rooting for you.
Yes, I am proud that I have kept 40 pounds off for 5 years and that I actually kept 65 off for 4 years. This time....I want to keep it all off. But I know that is a tough task.
Old 02-24-2016, 08:22 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 176.4/168.4/140

Height: 5'4"

Darbs and Avalon! - you ladies are like IP rockstars to me! I started last November but did hours and hours and hours of "research", ie GOOGLING, and your posts here were some of the most memorable and motivating! Your commitment and frank discussions here totally won me over to the program and mostly these boards. I don't post often but get a LOT of motivation here.

Glad to see you back AND to hear that despite some gain, maintenance IS possible! I'm excited to follow your current progress and posts!
Lynn Margaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 09:34 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Hi Darbs! I remember you from the first time I did IP. Good for you for getting back on track at 40# rather than the full 80!

I am at the tail end of my reboot and am feeling so much better. I started in Oct, but this time I wasn't nearly as strict as I was the first time on IP. My losses were really good though, and my body responded very well again. I had planned cheats and I also pretty much took off from Thanksgiving to New Years. I was able to stay even during that time, which was a huge victory. But essentially it added about 5 weeks to my reboot. I was ok with that, because it was nice to not have to worry about every little thing during the holidays.

The boards aren't as active as they used to be years ago, but people are around. Oh, and I also did alternative products (Quest) this time and I did it without a clinic.
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 10:57 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn Margaret View Post
Darbs and Avalon! - you ladies are like IP rockstars to me! I started last November but did hours and hours and hours of "research", ie GOOGLING, and your posts here were some of the most memorable and motivating! Your commitment and frank discussions here totally won me over to the program and mostly these boards. I don't post often but get a LOT of motivation here.

Glad to see you back AND to hear that despite some gain, maintenance IS possible! I'm excited to follow your current progress and posts!
Glad to here, glad to be back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
Hi Darbs! I remember you from the first time I did IP. Good for you for getting back on track at 40# rather than the full 80!

I am at the tail end of my reboot and am feeling so much better. I started in Oct, but this time I wasn't nearly as strict as I was the first time on IP. My losses were really good though, and my body responded very well again. I had planned cheats and I also pretty much took off from Thanksgiving to New Years. I was able to stay even during that time, which was a huge victory. But essentially it added about 5 weeks to my reboot. I was ok with that, because it was nice to not have to worry about every little thing during the holidays.

The boards aren't as active as they used to be years ago, but people are around. Oh, and I also did alternative products (Quest) this time and I did it without a clinic.
I am following a similar philosophy. I was so strict and I think that actually sets you up for a lack of reality. I am using only alternatives (I ordered some Quest). I will be following an Atkins plan for three days at the end of March when I go to Nashville (stay in ketosis but not worry about calories, fat, or alcohol) and again the end of April (going to Vegas). I hope to finish sometime by Memorial Day. I am going to Europe for 3 weeks this summer and want to feel good.
Old 02-28-2016, 09:00 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Darbs,

I am going to Europe this summer too. My goal is to be fit enough to have fun! Aren't you a teacher? Not sure if I remember correctly. I hit goal in June 2014. Successfully maintained within 5 pounds until Nov. of this year and did exactly what you said, fell back into old stress eating habits and a bout of blues (after a concussion). Put on 25 pounds! Decided to stop the slide on Feb 2 and have dropped 11 pounds since. I am staying pretty strict OP except a bit more oil (seems to help with the big C).

I agree with Avalon, about being predisposed to yo-yo ing. I guess it is important to identify the triggers. Almost all of the Oct. Newbies experienced a slide after the two year mark and most of us stopped posting.
For me, I got really sick of planning separated meals, became routine in my food choices and bored with eating.

We all need to give ourselves a break. We are here,working on mind and body. Lifelong journey- we can either hate it or embrace it. And since we are going to look gorgeous in Europe this summer, I think we should give it a big hug.
Slipfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 10:24 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Darbs,

I am going to Europe this summer too. My goal is to be fit enough to have fun! Aren't you a teacher? Not sure if I remember correctly. I hit goal in June 2014. Successfully maintained within 5 pounds until Nov. of this year and did exactly what you said, fell back into old stress eating habits and a bout of blues (after a concussion). Put on 25 pounds! Decided to stop the slide on Feb 2 and have dropped 11 pounds since. I am staying pretty strict OP except a bit more oil (seems to help with the big C).

I agree with Avalon, about being predisposed to yo-yo ing. I guess it is important to identify the triggers. Almost all of the Oct. Newbies experienced a slide after the two year mark and most of us stopped posting.
For me, I got really sick of planning separated meals, became routine in my food choices and bored with eating.

We all need to give ourselves a break. We are here,working on mind and body. Lifelong journey- we can either hate it or embrace it. And since we are going to look gorgeous in Europe this summer, I think we should give it a big hug.
Good memory, yes I am a high school science teacher. Where are you going in Europe?

I just finished my first week yesterday (but I am not weighing until Wednesday because I did not weigh last Sunday (figured the first three days would be 6-7 pounds of fluid loss as I just stepped off a cruise). I did measurements and they were great. I have 43 pounds to lose! So bummed, but ready to handle this.
Old 02-28-2016, 10:57 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Darbs,

I am a teacher too, that is why I remembered. I am headed to Tuscany and the Cinque Terre in Italy.

I know you are bummed but you have done this before like a rock star! You will do it again! But I really miss Fri. Happy Hour after a long week of middle schoolers.
Slipfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 11:30 AM   #10  

Height: 5'4"

You can do this, we did it before!

I lost 80lbs in 2013, kept it off for about a year then...almost like I gave up caring and managed to put most of it back on. The really dumb part was I knew I was doing it and that I should have done a reboot or done *something* but I didn't. Before Christmas I decided that I wasn't happy, I felt like cr*p and I needed that to change so, here I am. And I'll be here for a while but that's okay because I remember how losing that weight felt and I want to feel that again.

Good luck!

Jo
PurpleMomster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 06:08 AM   #11  

Alright ladies...one week down...38 more pounds to go
Old 03-01-2016, 09:43 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Hi Gals: good to see you all back here, I was wondering where some of you had gotten to. Just got back from Mexico myself but since we don't do the all-inclusive lay on the beach & drink thing, I've only gained a couple pounds over the 11 days. There was a ton of walking (we walked everywhere since we were in central Cancun city - not hotel zone), hiking on archeological sites, cycling, and snorkeling, and climbing pyramids (in Coba - the tallest in the Yucatan state). Had a wonderful time but I'd never thought I'd say I'm sick of corn tortillas. This will at least help with cutting back on my carbs again. Keep up your plan... we will all get there again.
Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 01:00 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Darbs- glad you had a great first week. That one is the hardest (imho). Due to a ton of stuff I have going on right now, I am implementing my "holidays strategy" and hoping to keep myself right here in the mid-high 130's for the next few weeks. I am traveling and having so much company that I am finding it hard to stay 100% OP on P1. So instead of stressing about it, I am just doing what I can to stay steady.
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 03:09 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Hi Gals: good to see you all back here, I was wondering where some of you had gotten to. Just got back from Mexico myself but since we don't do the all-inclusive lay on the beach & drink thing, I've only gained a couple pounds over the 11 days. There was a ton of walking (we walked everywhere since we were in central Cancun city - not hotel zone), hiking on archeological sites, cycling, and snorkeling, and climbing pyramids (in Coba - the tallest in the Yucatan state). Had a wonderful time but I'd never thought I'd say I'm sick of corn tortillas. This will at least help with cutting back on my carbs again. Keep up your plan... we will all get there again.
Liana
Sounds like a good trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
Darbs- glad you had a great first week. That one is the hardest (imho). Due to a ton of stuff I have going on right now, I am implementing my "holidays strategy" and hoping to keep myself right here in the mid-high 130's for the next few weeks. I am traveling and having so much company that I am finding it hard to stay 100% OP on P1. So instead of stressing about it, I am just doing what I can to stay steady.
Good plan....during week 5 I will be going to Nashville for 3 days (4 nights) and I really want to relax a little and have a few drinks and I plan to but to stay in ketosis (so more calories and fat, but carbs stay low). We have to be realistic for our future.

In other news...I am planning to do the Disney wine and dine 1/2 marathon in November...I have never run more than 1 mile at a time...but I love goals and achieving them. So 9 weeks of IP and then I am stopping no matter what and transitioning to an athletic carb cycling type plan
Old 03-02-2016, 09:15 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post

In other news...I am planning to do the Disney wine and dine 1/2 marathon in November...I have never run more than 1 mile at a time...but I love goals and achieving them. So 9 weeks of IP and then I am stopping no matter what and transitioning to an athletic carb cycling type plan
Hi Darbs!

Just going to toss in my 0.02 - I lost 90 pounds 1/30/15 - 10/28/15. I walked 2 - 3 miles a day for 75% of that stretch.
DH is a runner and signed up for a 10K Turkey Trot - at the last second, I signed up for the 5K - did 3 or 4 pre-jogs and ending up placing 3rd in my age group!
I could NEVER had done this if I hadn't lost the weight.
We decided to do a 13.1 here in Washington DC 3/12/16
I started training late December and am using an app by ZenLabs (13.1) - it is 13 weeks, run/walk and I'm now running 20+ miles a week and am ready for a 1/2

Best of luck!
hysteria_625 is offline   Reply With Quote