Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2016, 06:26 PM   #481  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post
Hello Everyone,

Avalon1957, I do believe that I remember you from older posts (I did IP in 2011 and I was a very active member on these IP boards), glad to see you here.

I tried to re-start IP many times with millions of failed attempts, but since October 2, I eased myself into it by starting with a low-carb diet, I first included some nuts and cheese, then I was able to fully stick to 100% IP.

As of today, (a month into the diet), I lost 19 pounds I am so happy but I know I have a long way.

Any advice about how to tighten the inner thigh flab? I know we are not supposed to exercise while on IP, but I don't know what to do .

Anyway, also I wanted to share about my experience with soy nuts, when I first started IP they were on the restricted list, then they became non restricted seeing that the fiber minus the carbs would equal a non restricted item, but with my experience, I did notice that I was not losing weight while I treated the soy nuts as non restricted, I only re-started losing weight while using them only once a day restricted item.

I hope I will hear back from everyone.
I don't know what the "inner thigh flab" is that you are referring to so what to do about is dependent upon that.

I assume it is not loose skin because only plastic surgery can take care of that (after giving your body 6 months after significant weight loss for the body shape to stabilize).

I assume you are referring to a lack of muscle. That answer is two-fold. You are already doing the most important thing which is on a diet that forces your body to burn stored fat for energy (most important factor). Secondly,
you can do leg squats (ballet squats) along with side raises to firm and strengthen them. If you are unfamiliar with these exercises, you can just Google them to learn. Another great one is wall sits. If you turn your toes out as is the case with the ballet squats, you can emphasize that muscle group. Be careful for any upright exercises you are doing that you you don't have your knees bend out over your toes as that is bad posture and you are putting strain on your knees vs solely working the muscles.
Old 11-04-2016, 08:05 AM   #482  
Serial Dieter

S/C/G: 320/278/200

Height: 6'3"

Sanda, I think I remember you too -- Old friend! Gosh all your failed attempts to restart sounds so familiar. Me too. I think "easing yourself in" was a smart strategy. Wow! 19 pounds melted in a month is huge! Way to go girl! In terms of inner thigh flab. I think the "No exercise" rule on IP is overblown personally. Try taking some nice brisk 45 to 60 minute walks. If you have any hills around you try walking some hills. I am lucky that I live in a hilly neighborhood so I can walk safely up and down pretty nice hills for an hour. The studies I've read is that brisk walking is just as good as any other type of exercise for spot losing fat -- take that w a grain of salt though as its only anecdotal. But Ro22 is right ... just keep dieting and losing fat and eventually your thigh fat will melt. Interesting on your experience w soy nuts. I am allergic to soy so I avoid -- but I think the KEY THING with weight loss is listening to your body. Find something that works and stick to it! That's why i keep a log of what I eat and try to track what foods and activities allow me the greatest losses. We are all so different! There is no one cookie cutter formula.

Ro22, I remember you as well! Boy you've been amazing w. maintenance. Gold star to you! Any tips you can share?

In the meantime, I've been killing it for the past 14 days -- melting off 13.5 pounds in the past 2 weeks. That's about as good as it gets. Clearly I am a good dieter, but a terrible maintainer (I have to figure that last part out).

Last edited by Avalon1957; 11-04-2016 at 11:33 AM.
Old 11-04-2016, 09:29 AM   #483  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Thank you Ro an Avalon for answering me. I think I will eventually re-start doing leg exercises, but for now, I will give it some more time to lose more weight, once I'm in the 240s maybe.
Old 11-04-2016, 09:36 AM   #484  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon1957 View Post
Hysteria, well you've been doing great with maintenance! You've kept off 90% of your huge 100 pound loss. What's your secret?
Never hit -100 Final loss was -90, and as of today, I am fluxing between 160 - 165 (some muscle, some not-so-muscle ), so maintaining a 70# loss. I don't update my stats much.

Once I reached maintenance, I started running. In March, I ran my first half marathon and have completed 3 other halves over the last 11 months, with a couple other races of various mileage as well.

I generally run 20 - 30 miles per week and cross training with weights 2 days. This week began a 20 week training cycle leading up to my first full marathon March, 2017

So yah, no secret(s) - it's hard work and the truth of the matter is, you can't outrun a bad diet... I haven't seen under 150 since February, but my clothes fit fine so I didn't let the scale dictate. I had been maintaining around 155 until vacation in August and haven't got my po-op together since.

There is such a huge psychological component to any diet, and given that I was Pollyanna-perfect on IP last year through the summer and fall, this year, my mindset crumbled - WAY too much ice cream on vacation, & recently (races, camping, hiking, birthday...) too many treat days not followed up with P1 days.
Old 11-04-2016, 10:30 AM   #485  

I agree with Avalon1957 about exercise... I think the no-exercise rule means you don't have to exercise to lose weight, NOT that you shouldn't exercise... after all, when Dr. Tran developed the diet, he was using it with athletes in France, & I would find it hard to believe that they stopped their athletic pursuits while eating IP... so, if you want to exercise or feel you need to, go for it... if you don't, then don't...

hugs.....
Old 11-12-2016, 04:24 PM   #486  

Default The Real IP Bootcamp

I found this post in an old thread & thought some of you might be interested...

Quote:
ShrinkingSusie (9-29-2010): Good Morning everyone! I have the IP Clinic Manual at my house from work, and I was browsing through it last night and found the true IP Bootcamp. It has a Q&A section in it so I was reading through and someone had said they have a client who was losing steady for three months and then the fourth month lost only one pound. They suggested that client go into IP Bootcamp, which is replacing your dinner protein with TWO IP packs for ONE week! Thought I would share this because I know some people have talked about having a couple slow weeks. Maybe this can kick-start you guys back up!
Old 11-12-2016, 04:39 PM   #487  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
I found this post in an old thread & thought some of you might be interested...
I did this a while back and it worked for that week.
The bootcamp is not just replacing 2 packets for dinner. It is also choosing the lowest carb packets during the week - soups, pudding, drinks.
Old 11-13-2016, 12:23 AM   #488  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro22 View Post
I did this a while back and it worked for that week.
The bootcamp is not just replacing 2 packets for dinner. It is also choosing the lowest carb packets during the week - soups, pudding, drinks.
Good point... I'm glad you had good results...
Old 11-14-2016, 10:48 AM   #489  

I did bootcamp this weekend, so today will be my 3rd day... as of this morning (since Saturday morning), I've lost almost 5 lbs... making a total loss of 12 lbs. since I rebooted on Oct. 11... not bad, considering I had a couple of iffy weeks that included a visit from my mom... she loves eating out in the local restaurants, so I overdid on the carbs a few times, then it was hard to get back on protocol for a few days after she went home... I think I'm gonna stick with bootcamp as much as I can the rest of this week & see how many more lbs. I can knock off... btw, I'm not using IP products, so bootcamp for me is protein shakes & big salads... I had a cup of warm bone broth yesterday afternoon when I was feeling a bit hungry... so far, so good!!!..

hugs...
Old 11-14-2016, 11:10 PM   #490  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
I did bootcamp this weekend, so today will be my 3rd day... as of this morning (since Saturday morning), I've lost almost 5 lbs... making a total loss of 12 lbs. since I rebooted on Oct. 11... not bad, considering I had a couple of iffy weeks that included a visit from my mom... she loves eating out in the local restaurants, so I overdid on the carbs a few times, then it was hard to get back on protocol for a few days after she went home... I think I'm gonna stick with bootcamp as much as I can the rest of this week & see how many more lbs. I can knock off... btw, I'm not using IP products, so bootcamp for me is protein shakes & big salads... I had a cup of warm bone broth yesterday afternoon when I was feeling a bit hungry... so far, so good!!!..

hugs...
Way to go!!! Keep it up! I find that I can do just fine from a satisfaction standpoint without meat on IP, but I don't do it too often because I fear there are nutrients that I wouldn't be getting do this but a week every now and then I think is a good thing.
Old 11-15-2016, 07:53 AM   #491  
Mrinalini

Reboot day 2!

I was wondering, are there actual meal times during this protocol?
Old 11-15-2016, 08:50 AM   #492  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrinaliniv92 View Post
Reboot day 2!

I was wondering, are there actual meal times during this protocol?
No, but you should space them out.
Old 11-16-2016, 08:41 AM   #493  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Hey Rebooters! Good morning!

Feeling good today. It's 3 months since I began this reboot on August 17. I'm down another pound, which brings me to 25 pounds down! I'm doing the happy dance this morning. Yay!

It's slower than the first time around, but I'm sticking to it. Another pound is another pound down the road.

Old 11-16-2016, 12:49 PM   #494  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post

Feeling good today. It's 3 months since I began this reboot on August 17. I'm down another pound, which brings me to 25 pounds down! I'm doing the happy dance this morning. Yay!

It's slower than the first time around, but I'm sticking to it. Another pound is another pound down the road.

Glad to hear it, joy! Great attitude too! Keep it up!
I find it interesting that my weight loss amount is exactly the same as the first time. However, I still have about 20 pounds to get to where I was as I started 24 pounds heavier My family thinks I should stop losing weight as they think I am perfect right now and are afraid that I am going to get sick again. They think my goal is not realistic for me as I was a professional athlete and have an athletic body. But, I told them that I don't have any wiggle room currently which I want to achieve so ultimately we may compromise and meet in the middle which would be about 10 more pounds but I am going by how I am feeling. I feel great that I have successfully transitioned from P1 to keto and continue to lose as it has been through experimentation because I couldn't find any guidance online from people who have done this.
Old 11-16-2016, 02:24 PM   #495  

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post

Hi Joy,

That is wonderful!! I had started about the same time I think but only lasted a few days I am ready to do it one last time and I will be starting on this Friday. I hope to post more and hang out with you all!

Congrats again - you are doing great!!
Closed Thread