Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2016, 05:06 PM   #391  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebaughman View Post
Can someone post the latest phase 1 sheet. Starting agan after several years off and gained all of it back again.
Here's a link from Sheets for Jan 2015, I'm pretty sure Phase 1 hasn't really changed from that time. Page 5 of this sticky is very helpful with links that are still applicable.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...threads-5.html
Welcome back!
Liana
Old 09-07-2016, 09:11 PM   #392  
Reboot on 8/29/16

S/C/G: 278/265/180

Height: 5'8"

Day 10 - Nothing fantastic, just chuggin' along. I am finally looking into transferring my IP "membership" to a local spot. Appointment is tomorrow.

Pam - I know what you mean! Strangely for me, just getting back into a regular routine WITH the kid helps me stay on track.

Ted - Yes, it wasn't a bowl of pasta, but I know what you mean. I went to Sea Island tonight, and when I got my broiled redfish, it definitely swam in some butter. I am kicking myself that I didn't strictly instruct them, but I think it will be fine since I had a very conservative day. Next time though, a better plan for me. I also have an issue with food at work. I am still in the mindset that I should eat free food whatever the caloric cost.

Joysh - I still have my smaller size clothing. Actually, 22/24 is a BIG weight range for me, so I probably have a solid 2 months before I can go clothes shopping. What do I do instead? Shoe shopping. My feet don't seem to change much. Question: how thin do you slice your rutabaga? I used my mandolin, the same width I use for my zucchini. Too thin? Should I chunk them more like french fries?
Old 09-07-2016, 09:15 PM   #393  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Default Staying on track

In Mexico for a wedding. Decided that there will be no cheating...I am determined to stick with it. Getting more walking in and some pool time. Fresh grilled fish or chicken and vegetables is my staple. Brought some foods with me so the only thing that is really bugging me is the lack of chips and pico and a good Margarita....lol
Old 09-09-2016, 06:23 PM   #394  

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoSun View Post
In Mexico for a wedding. Decided that there will be no cheating...I am determined to stick with it. Getting more walking in and some pool time. Fresh grilled fish or chicken and vegetables is my staple. Brought some foods with me so the only thing that is really bugging me is the lack of chips and pico and a good Margarita....lol
If you get desparate, make yourself a Mock-ito or a Mock-arita. Use real lime juice, tiny squirt of Mio and fresh muddled mint and seltzer water/ real lime juice, tiny squirt of Mio, a bit of seltzer water, lots of ice in a blender, orange zest or a peel twisted to release the oils, salt on the rim. totally compliant with P1. You can also use Nesfruta Pinapple Coconut instead of Mio to make a 'pina colada slushie' with a bit of water and lots of ice in the blender. Top with a hibiscus flower and a little paper umbrella, lol.

Liana
Old 09-11-2016, 11:20 AM   #395  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi All! Just popping in to say hi! I'm 3 and a half weeks in and down 12 pounds. I'll take it!

Saralee, a mandolin is good to cut the rutabaga. I just cut the skin off and slice it fairly thin but not as thin as a mandolin would cut it. That's thinner than french fries.

Hope everyone is doing well! Tell us about the wedding, Wyosun!

Have a great day!
Old 09-11-2016, 11:59 AM   #396  
Reboot on 8/29/16

S/C/G: 278/265/180

Day 14: Weighed myself yesterday, and I am down 9.4 lbs! So far I've had no problem with cravings or wanting to cheating (well, I don't count cheese). I'm back to being tired again, wanting to nap around 3 every day, but I was like that before going on protocol; it's just a little more intense right now. Yesterday I had a tough time getting in all my food, but I did.

I have a goal of trying something new every week. I tried rutabaga fries with IP chili yesterday and rhubarb compote with my oatmeal this morning. Oh, WOW! I'm putting both of those on regular rotation!!

Have a great week everyone!!
Old 09-11-2016, 03:00 PM   #397  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Saralee! Yay!
Old 09-12-2016, 08:13 AM   #398  

Good morning everyone I am on day 6 of several attempts to restart over the last 2 and a half years. I'm trying on my own for a couple of weeks then will go to my coach if I feel I can stay on. Why is it so hard to get back on this program I did it for almost 6 months with no cheats??!! Anyway I purchased the quest multi-purpose powder and tried some muffins and they were really good a little dry mind you but I think that will take away the bread cravings. I used fresh dill, garlic powder and onion powder I'm going to try something sweet next. Thank you to whoever posted that recipe I think it will help keep me on track hopefully for 4 months...............yes I gained 30 of the 50ish that I lost. Have a great week everyone!!!!
Old 09-12-2016, 11:17 AM   #399  

S/C/G: Peak 300/Restart 270/Goal 130

Height: 5'4.5'

Hi all - restarted on August 20th. Lost 5 pounds the first week and only 6.6 pounds total in 3 weeks. Trying so very hard not to be frustrated and ticked off that the weight isn't coming off.

I think part of that frustration is adding to my pissy attitude after I get weighed in on Saturdays. I find that I end up binging on my restricteds that are supposed to be for the week. Plus what I thought were "safe" pre-cooked frozen chicken breasts ended up having 3 carbs per piece (would have 3 pieces/day) and had gluten. My own fault for letting myself be bullied away from the freezer case by a pushy woman and not reading the full label. I'm allergic to gluten and it aggravates my Rheumatoid arthritis.

Maybe I should go back to Atkins - I liked that when I needed I could have a piece of cheese to stave off munchies and wouldn't be off program. So, after having 2 extra packs of chocolate puffs yesterday - it's back to the beginning again. *sigh*
Old 09-12-2016, 04:48 PM   #400  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Hello everyone,

I am thinking about giving IP another try, I know I should.

I see there is a new sheet and I have a question concerning the Spinach: I see it is listed in the Unlimited Raw Vegetables as well as in the Selected Vegetables. The first go I was on IP, it was only lettuce that was unlimited and we used to count the spinach as part of the 4 cups of vegetables a day allowance. Could anyone let me know about this please?

Also, I see "Ideal Salt" is that exactly sea salt? Or is it some new formula for marketing purposes?

About the oil, olive and grape seed are listed, but we used to use coconut oil, is that allowed or not anymore?

I have been away for a long time from this board, but I do hope it is still active and I do hope someone will answer me.

Big thank you

Last edited by sandralosingweight; 09-12-2016 at 05:02 PM.
Old 09-12-2016, 06:09 PM   #401  

S/C/G: Peak 300/Restart 270/Goal 130

Height: 5'4.5'

Hi Sandra,

I just restarted on 8/20 and had a bunch of questions myself. Let's see what I can answer for you.

Salt - the Ideal salt is different than the "real salt" we used to use. It's salt with potassium and some minerals to help prevent the muscle cramping. 1/4 teaspoon a day like before. Personally if you are getting enough potassium I don't think you need it. I don't use it as I don't use salt. Plus buy your own supplements - I get potassium for $4 and they sell it for 10. same exact stuff.

Spinach - what used to be unlimited veggies didn't count to your veggie requirement for the day like spinach, lettuce and cucumbers. You can now use Those veggies toward your required for the day.

On the coconut oil - I don't know about that part. I started IP in Sept 2012 and at that time it was only grapeseed oil or olive oil.

I hope that helps and that someone else can chime in on the coconut oil.

Kat
Old 09-13-2016, 07:08 AM   #402  
Restarting IP 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat117 View Post
Hi Sandra,

I just restarted on 8/20 and had a bunch of questions myself. Let's see what I can answer for you.

Salt - the Ideal salt is different than the "real salt" we used to use. It's salt with potassium and some minerals to help prevent the muscle cramping. 1/4 teaspoon a day like before. Personally if you are getting enough potassium I don't think you need it. I don't use it as I don't use salt. Plus buy your own supplements - I get potassium for $4 and they sell it for 10. same exact stuff.

Spinach - what used to be unlimited veggies didn't count to your veggie requirement for the day like spinach, lettuce and cucumbers. You can now use Those veggies toward your required for the day.

On the coconut oil - I don't know about that part. I started IP in Sept 2012 and at that time it was only grapeseed oil or olive oil.

I hope that helps and that someone else can chime in on the coconut oil.

Kat
Thank you very much Kat.
Old 09-13-2016, 01:46 PM   #403  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post
Hello everyone,

I am thinking about giving IP another try, I know I should.

I see there is a new sheet and I have a question concerning the Spinach: I see it is listed in the Unlimited Raw Vegetables as well as in the Selected Vegetables. The first go I was on IP, it was only lettuce that was unlimited and we used to count the spinach as part of the 4 cups of vegetables a day allowance. Could anyone let me know about this please?

Also, I see "Ideal Salt" is that exactly sea salt? Or is it some new formula for marketing purposes?

About the oil, olive and grape seed are listed, but we used to use coconut oil, is that allowed or not anymore?

I have been away for a long time from this board, but I do hope it is still active and I do hope someone will answer me.

Big thank you

Ideal Salt - for those using alternatives, you can use "No Salt", available at Wal Mart / Target / grocers - which is basically potassium, and mix it with regular iodized salt. I personally didn't like the way it tasted on food, so I just added a 1/4 tsp of the No Salt to hot water and slugged it like a vodka shot...

Spinach - Unrestricted / unlimited if RAW / NOT cooked...RESTRICTED (part of 4C) if cooked (more sugars)

Started IP January 2015 - coconut oil was already removed - EVOO is much better to cook with anyway.
Old 09-13-2016, 02:42 PM   #404  
Restarting IP 100%

Thank you for your reply.

I will just use sea salt, as simple as that, this is what I used before and it totally worked, I guess they create those mixes and pretend they are better for us just as a selling strategy.

I also noticed that we can use regular milk with coffee, back when I did IP, it was skimmed 0% milk.

Is there any new sheet with the nutritional value of the new products on the market?

I am attaching the old one that I have, but I believe there are new products now. I use alternative products and I always compare the nutritional values.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IP Nutritional Sheet.pdf (86.6 KB, 6 views)
Old 09-14-2016, 03:13 AM   #405  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat117 View Post
Hi all - restarted on August 20th. Lost 5 pounds the first week and only 6.6 pounds total in 3 weeks. Trying so very hard not to be frustrated and ticked off that the weight isn't coming off.

I think part of that frustration is adding to my pissy attitude after I get weighed in on Saturdays. I find that I end up binging on my restricteds that are supposed to be for the week. Plus what I thought were "safe" pre-cooked frozen chicken breasts ended up having 3 carbs per piece (would have 3 pieces/day) and had gluten. My own fault for letting myself be bullied away from the freezer case by a pushy woman and not reading the full label. I'm allergic to gluten and it aggravates my Rheumatoid arthritis.

Maybe I should go back to Atkins - I liked that when I needed I could have a piece of cheese to stave off munchies and wouldn't be off program. So, after having 2 extra packs of chocolate puffs yesterday - it's back to the beginning again. *sigh*
If you are having a tough time staying on protocol just because of the cheese, why not try a modified version of Alternative Diabetic/Athletic Protocol. Just use your dairy choice and ditch the fruit and grain carbs choices. That way you will not be chastising yourself while having a measured portion of lower fat dairy which is included in your menu plan. And you still lose weight.

Liana
Closed Thread