Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2016, 09:04 AM   #316  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Pishposh, I wanted to comment on your heartfelt reflection on "It was me all along". I would be happy to read it this summer after I get back from Italy. I really do think there is a strong emotional component for most people on this weight management journey. Finding peace within your own skin seems to be the key to figuring out this crazy puzzle. Keep looking within, my friend.
Thank you! I'd love to hear your thoughts if you do pick it up. It's a pretty easy read, only took me a couple days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrotsAreMyLife View Post
Pishposh, my TJs sells out of it all the time! It took me weeks to get my hands on any and it's a long ride for when they are sold out. When I do get it, I feel like I have precious goods in my car! TJs now sells fresh cauliflower crumbles too so I grab one to use the same day, yum. OMG the 30 day shred is torture, I hope your back feels better quickly.

Monica---that kohlrabi sounds good! I miss potato/hash brown/starchy veggies, in going to try it that way!
One time I was at TJs and I heard another woman asking an employee there for it. They had no idea what she was talking about so who knows if my TJs has ever had it. I'm not the only one on the hunt. Also, if you are craving starchy veggies, one thing I used to do on the weekends is make hash browns out of turnips, shredding them with the grater disc that came with my food processor. It was pretty involved, but it was a nice Sunday brunch treat, and you could probably make a bunch at once and freeze it for future use. I got a spiralizer recently and was wondering if I could make baked turnip curly fries. I may attempt that this weekend with some turkey burgers.
Old 06-02-2016, 10:56 AM   #317  
IP start 4/4/16

S/C/G: 280/235/199.9

Height: 5ft6in

Quote:
Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce View Post
Thank you! I'd love to hear your thoughts if you do pick it up. It's a pretty easy read, only took me a couple days.

One time I was at TJs and I heard another woman asking an employee there for it. They had no idea what she was talking about so who knows if my TJs has ever had it. I'm not the only one on the hunt. Also, if you are craving starchy veggies, one thing I used to do on the weekends is make hash browns out of turnips, shredding them with the grater disc that came with my food processor. It was pretty involved, but it was a nice Sunday brunch treat, and you could probably make a bunch at once and freeze it for future use. I got a spiralizer recently and was wondering if I could make baked turnip curly fries. I may attempt that this weekend with some turkey burgers.
Someone told me you have to get there in the morning, not sure how true it is but now I make sure I'm there early just in case. They either have a bunch or none, there's no middle ground. It's only $1.99 for a 12oz bag. The time it saves me cutting a fresh one and then hassling with my food processor is priceless.

Oh! Good idea! I have a spiralizer too. I'm having zucchini noodles for my lunch now that Monica brought it up! I bought the WF basil sauce, it's actually better than some brand name junk that contains sugar.

My tastebuds are so different now, just a couple of months in.
Old 06-02-2016, 01:41 PM   #318  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

I lost 5.6 lbs this week!! YAY I do believe that I am back on track!! FINALLY!!!
I wish I could find cauliflower rice here. I'm too lazy to make it.
My DH cut up some jicma for me and I brought it to work to nibble on when I am hungry.

It feels SOOOOO good to be back on track and losing weight! I was worried that I couldn't do it again.
Old 06-02-2016, 04:23 PM   #319  

S/C/G: 221/192.4/160

Height: 5 '8

Just a note- Trader Joe's has it in the frozen section as well if they are out of the fresh cut rice and its organic.
Old 06-03-2016, 01:23 AM   #320  

S/C/G: 248.6/231.5/180

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce View Post
I got a spiralizer recently and was wondering if I could make baked turnip curly fries. I may attempt that this weekend with some turkey burgers.
I just ordered a spiralizer from Walmart may have to start a new cooking thread for it once I have it
Old 06-09-2016, 04:42 PM   #321  

Height: 5' 5"

Hey Rebooters! How's it going? It has been ages since anyone has posted on this thread (okay, I exaggerate a bit).

I'm doing great. Still losing, feeling comfortable with the food, etc. I've been doing a phase 2 lunch just to shake things up a bit and my losses have jumped, so that's a good sign. I'm 19 lbs down in 6 weeks, so I'm happy.

Sending good vibes to you all!
Old 06-09-2016, 05:55 PM   #322  
Restarted IP Jan 04, 2016

S/C/G: 221/218/200-190

Height: 5'7"

Bad couple of days... Eating like an ******* and the scale shows it.
Old 06-09-2016, 09:09 PM   #323  

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashtested View Post
Bad couple of days... Eating like an ******* and the scale shows it.
Sorry to hear that Hang in there! A blip of bad eating will fall away soon enough once you get back OP.
Don't beat yourself up about it!
Old 06-09-2016, 09:58 PM   #324  

Height: 5'4"

Hi all!

Just a quick post - I'm exhausted tonight and watching the Stanley Cup final game but...for the first time in almost 3 years, the first 2 numbers of my weight are "18"!!! I don't "officially" weigh-in until Monday but I was so excited to see those numbers this morning - woohoo!

Hope everyone is doing well and for those of you struggling - tomorrow is another day. We all make mistakes but it's how you fix them that counts.
Old 06-10-2016, 09:27 AM   #325  

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleMomster View Post
Hi all!

...for the first time in almost 3 years, the first 2 numbers of my weight are "18"!!! I don't "officially" weigh-in until Monday but I was so excited to see those numbers this morning - woohoo!
Well done! Congrats on your progress!
Old 06-11-2016, 09:49 AM   #326  

S/C/G: 170/149.6/115

Height: 5.0

I am at a complete loss. I want to be good, but I am not doing well at all. Morning is good, lunch is good and then all **** breaks loose! and I eat everything in sight. I wish I could just not purchase the food that I cannot eat, but my family has to eat!!! I feel awful. I am trying to reboot literally every morning and by the end of the day it is a disaster! How did you reboot? Please help! How do I recover for a middle of the day slip up?
Old 06-11-2016, 10:51 PM   #327  

S/C/G: 186/171/145

Hi rebooters! I am joining your ranks. I did IP in 2013 and lost 17 lbs. I did well until last year when I had a hysterectomy. The recovery and starting hormone replacement therapy got the scale moving in the wrong direction and I hit my all time high of 187 lbs. I have managed to lose 16 lbs. over the past year just doing low carb/high fat, but have been stuck at 171 for a couple of months. I actually feel great when I do LCHF, but I need to break this stall and I know an IP reboot is just the ticket.

Last IP was with a clinic, but my financial situation has changed a bit and I just can't afford that right now, so I am doing this with Alternatives. I started incorporating a couple of packets over the past few days and today was my actual Day One. I like to weigh-in on Sundays. I used to do Fridays but a 'good' weigh in on a Friday makes it too easy to justify a weekend cheat LOL.

I spent a lot of times on these boards when I was originally on IP and I really like the support. I look forward to getting to know you ladies, in fact I have read back to the beginning of May to try to get to know you.
Old 06-12-2016, 11:14 AM   #328  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee4Tee View Post
I am at a complete loss. I want to be good, but I am not doing well at all. Morning is good, lunch is good and then all **** breaks loose! and I eat everything in sight. I wish I could just not purchase the food that I cannot eat, but my family has to eat!!! I feel awful. I am trying to reboot literally every morning and by the end of the day it is a disaster! How did you reboot? Please help! How do I recover for a middle of the day slip up?
For me, the key is planning. If I plan what I'm having for supper and for my evening snack, then I'm good - I know what I have to look forward to and nothing gets me off track.

I have a teenage son so I also have snacks and treats around that I'd love to dive in to but...I also have snacks for myself that I love and look forward to.

If you can, keep your restricted bar for an evening snack - "treat" yourself to a nice cup of tea or decaf coffee and your restricted bar and make that your special time in the day. So, whenever you have the urge to grab something else during the afternoon - just remember what you have to look forward to.

You can do it!
Old 06-12-2016, 06:14 PM   #329  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee4Tee View Post
The best thing about this plan is that once you get into it, the desire to eat that stuff goes away. The lousy part is weathering the induction to ketosis that gets rid of those cravings. For me, it takes about 5 days to get to the point where the appetite decreases and cravings stop. Do you know how long it takes for you? That's the goal- to get clean for that many days until you get to coast. It will happen.

In the meantime, I agree with the advice about planning. Also, you aren't obligated to have tempting food in the house. I pick things the kids love that I wouldn't ever eat- then everyone can be happy. Alternatively, put all the "bad" food in a separate cupboard, out of sight.

I have also packed all of my food for the day (generally excluding dinner) into a lunch bag in the fridge. When I go to eat, I know which food is mine and it's easy to grab something.

Bottom line: try being proactive this week. Hanging onto negativity about mistakes in the past will likely only prompt you to repeat the pattern.
Old 06-12-2016, 10:54 PM   #330  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Tee4Tee, it was hard to get restarted. I set a date and then took it one meal at a time until ketosis set in. I white knuckled it some of the time and constantly reminded myself that I did not die from hunger pangs on my first go round. Water and herbal tea were my go-to for staving off hunger. I reminded myself why I wanted the weight gone and asked myself whether the glass of wine or goodie was worth giving up on my goal. You can do this!

Slowknitter, good plan for your weigh in day. I check the scale on Sundays too! I used alternatives for my reboot too. I like some of the IP products better, but could not justify the $$$. Nashua Nutrition became my friend.

I love Janeva's cookbook for maintenance dinners too. I became so sick of my original recipes, my reboot was easier with more meal variety.
Closed Thread