Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2016, 12:01 PM   #301  

S/C/G: 248.6/231.5/180

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loser13 View Post
Carrors i know i should not buy these but they are for my boys....i have told them to keep them in the basement and TO NOT eat in front of mom!...and please never hesitate to tell me what to do...lol

Have a great OP week ladies! Rember we did not gain in a day...so we wont lose it in a day....but we will lose it one day at a time!
I have the same issue of having "Junk" in the house for my 13 year old son and husband so I have to keep giving myself more credit for having the willpower to resist all these temptations.
Got most of the fence painted yesterday and it looks great!! It was a lovely, busy day!
Old 05-30-2016, 01:07 PM   #302  
IP start 4/4/16

S/C/G: 280/235/199.9

Height: 5ft6in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loser13 View Post
Carrors i know i should not buy these but they are for my boys....i have told them to keep them in the basement and TO NOT eat in front of mom!...and please never hesitate to tell me what to do...lol
I was hoping you took it the kind way I meant it.

Monica---how are the doggies?

Slipfree---not in my house either! I literally have my own container in the pantry cabinet for my packets and a shelf in the fridge with all my approved IP condiments/pickles/WF, etc. plus water/veggies. Otherwise, it's not even on my radar anymore.

I did buy Ritz crackers at the store the other day though, first time in ages! My elderly dog gets one at night for a tiny treat. He's a snob and won't eat any other brand. I buy no other junk but am unwilling to stop this evening ritual. I'm not tempted though because those are the dog's crackers.

First weigh in for the challenge is tomorrow morning and I woke up starting my cycle. Ugh.
Old 05-30-2016, 02:34 PM   #303  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrotsAreMyLife View Post
Monica---how are the doggies?
Much better thanks thought they still smell of skunk on their faces cause I could not get right in there with the wash cause it would hurt there eyes. Also my car currently smells of coconut skunk after cleaning it and adding air fresheners
Old 05-30-2016, 03:06 PM   #304  
IP start 4/4/16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonicaKolesnik View Post
Much better thanks thought they still smell of skunk on their faces cause I could not get right in there with the wash cause it would hurt there eyes. Also my car currently smells of coconut skunk after cleaning it and adding air fresheners
This might be TMI but it's funny.....

My parents' best friends dog got sprayed and apparently Massengill is one of the better products to buy to bathe your dog at home after a skunk spray. Needless to say, the cashier at CVS did side-eye my friends mom when she bought 12 boxes on a late Saturday night!
Old 05-30-2016, 03:21 PM   #305  

S/C/G: 187/182/130

Height: 5'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Hi Ladies

Loser13, you are strong Mama! Love the last line of your post.

As for me, I am down 2 more pounds and below my goal. Phase 3 helped vanquish that miserable pound, yippee!!!
Thanks...I wish I listened to myself more often...lol

DOWN 2 more pounds! WAY TO GO! Below goal...BRAVO!
Old 05-30-2016, 03:26 PM   #306  

S/C/G: 187/182/130

Height: 5'4''

Quote:
:

I did buy Ritz crackers at the store the other day though, first time in ages! My elderly dog gets one at night for a tiny treat. He's a snob and won't eat any other brand. I buy no other junk but am unwilling to stop this evening ritual. I'm not tempted though because those are the dog's crackers.

First weigh in for the challenge is tomorrow morning and I woke up starting my cycle. Ugh.
OK that is funny...your dog will only eat Ritz crackers...

Well I try not to buy the stuff but they all want some...if I was living alone...but...I need to get it under control because temptation will always be a part of my life...

NSV...did not cheat during the weekend...yeah..I did not even have one thought about junk food (ok...maybe one...lol)...officially on day 4 today..already feeling better...had a little bounce in my step this morning.

One day at a time, one pound at a time! (Of course 10 pounds at a time would be better...lol)
Old 05-31-2016, 08:21 AM   #307  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Hello! Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Slip - WAHOO! So glad that pound finally skedaddled.

Monica - I can't even imagine, way to stay strong through the stink.

Had a good weekend overall, with cook outs on Saturday and Sunday. Had some salty marinated meats, so I'm avoiding the scale for a couple of days. But have been drinking TONS of water. I got a new water bottle that's 30 oz and have been drinking 4 a day. Bathroom breaks every half hour, but I feel way less swollen in the summer when I am super hydrated.

Got my veggie garden planted on Monday - moved the raised bed to a new spot that should get a lot more sun so hopefully we'll actually get some veggies this year. Just doing tomatoes, zucchini and string beans.

I'm sitting at 184ish, almost down 10 from my highest regain, and about 20 from my lowest weight. That milestone is making things seem more doable. Still fiddling with whether I'll stick with IP all the way down to goal, but I'll see the challenge at least through July 4. It's so much easier for me to set those short term time limits and reevaluate.

This weekend, I finished "It was me all along" by Andie Mitchell who lost 135 pounds after struggling with emotional eating and depression her whole life. I wouldn't recommend it for anyone easily triggered by descriptions of luscious food, but I totally identified with her and it made me feel less alone in my experience. Before I lost the weight with IP, I never really was a "normal" weight. I was heavy the minute I hit puberty and had a lot of problems with binges. I remember in the 8th grade, age 13 my doctor telling me I really needed reverse my gaining trend and recommending Atkins. After IP, I dealt with emotional eating again once I phased off, and that coupled with not making the effort to get the weight back down after vacations led me to the 30 pound weight creep. After I finished the book, I checked out her blog and read her posts for hours about her experience and a relapse into depression and a regain. That was heartening to read as well, because it's so easy to feel like a failure for letting this happen and not being the perfect maintainer. She also has a very balanced approach to "do whatever works for you" and self acceptance. Anyway, would recommend if you want a beach read this summer and I'd love to discuss it with anyone!

So glad that it's Tuesday, four day work week! Woo hoo!
Old 05-31-2016, 12:51 PM   #308  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

I hope everyone had a good weekend! I sure enjoyed my three day weekend! I am very happy to say that I have stayed 100% OP for a week and one day!! that is MAJOR for me. I have been having a difficult time this go around, but I think I am finally there, my head is back in the game, and I KNOW I can do this.

I am excited to weigh on Thursday. I managed to lose a little over a pound last week, but that was with four cheat days and three 100% days, so I took that loss. lol

Ya'll have a HAPPY WEEK!!!
Old 05-31-2016, 02:23 PM   #309  
Liz S.

S/C/G: 172/ 172 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Default Starting.....Again.....

So I'm starting IP again. I still have so many packets that call my name on a weekly basis. I'm back up to 172. I started with a personal trainer last week and I know I need to get back to the healthier weight for me (I'm 5'2" so the 120s-130s is ideal for me). Wish me luck! I know my biggest challenge is balancing mealtime with my husband and 4 year old!
Old 06-01-2016, 06:17 PM   #310  

I am down more then 13lbs today Yes I am a daily weighter, I am someone who seeing the progress keeps me motivated. Plus I don't use a clinic, this or last time after the initial start. I am feeling much more comfortable in my clothes and am really looking forward to when I can start putting on my smaller sizes again. I have found some new veggie recipes that have really helped me enjoy my supper more and are things I would eat beyond IP. Fried cauliflower rice and zoodles (zucchini noodles) have been a life saver. What do you guys have for veggie sides that you could not do without?
Old 06-01-2016, 06:29 PM   #311  
IP start 4/4/16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonicaKolesnik View Post
I am down more then 13lbs today Yes I am a daily weighter, I am someone who seeing the progress keeps me motivated. Plus I don't use a clinic, this or last time after the initial start. I am feeling much more comfortable in my clothes and am really looking forward to when I can start putting on my smaller sizes again. I have found some new veggie recipes that have really helped me enjoy my supper more and are things I would eat beyond IP. Fried cauliflower rice and zoodles (zucchini noodles) have been a life saver. What do you guys have for veggie sides that you could not do without?
You are doing amazing!!!! I'm so proud of you and thankful to have you back here on this journey with us. 13lbs!!! And I think you should do things your way, you know how to be successful on this plan and know what works for you.

I have cauliflower rice almost every day. The only place I can find it is Trader Joes and it's over an hour each way so I buy 6-8 packages at a time. I love it so much. I add my olive oil to it once it's on the plate ready to eat (you can't even taste it) plus a little soy sauce. So good!

My other go-tos are steam bag broccoli and/or cauliflower. Plus I always have cucumbers/celery/romaine lettuce at the ready for meal time or hungry times. I never want to be tempted to stray.

I keep a jar of dill pickles around too. My dh worked late tonight and he's grilling dinner now. I had a pickle about an hour ago and it kept me occupied.

I usually keep my restricted food for 730pm. It makes me feel like I get a treat for being 100% on plan for the day. Tonight is the double chocolate brownie warmed up with WF caramel sauce. It's seriously amazing for "diet" food.
Old 06-01-2016, 07:48 PM   #312  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Monica - 13 pounds, congrats!

Carrots - I dream of having cauli rice pre-riced. I look for it at trader joes every time i go but the one near me never seems to have it. I've also looked at wegmans because I know they offer it as well, but no luck.

Well I thought with June having a nice even 30 days, it would be good to get my exercise routine back and try the 30 day shred. Halfway through, I threw out my back just running in place. I guess I am really out of shape. Will try again tomorrow if I am not sore.

Two days to the weekend!
Old 06-01-2016, 07:52 PM   #313  

Quote:
I have cauliflower rice almost every day. The only place I can find it is Trader Joes and it's over an hour each way so I buy 6-8 packages at a time. I love it so much. I add my olive oil to it once it's on the plate ready to eat (you can't even taste it) plus a little soy sauce. So good!
No trader Joes here in Saskatchewan so I buy heads of cauliflower and grade them in the food processor as necessary to make my own "Rice". Never did it the first time around and now I am amazed after trying it. Thanks for the encouraging words I am going to have to pick up some pickles for those times in between times when I get hungry. I have fallen back in love with kohlrabi as well in the mornings with breakfast. I peel them, then shred them with a grader and cook them in a pan with olive oil salt and pepper. they are very tasty and I use them in place of hashbrowns. So good.

Last edited by MonicaKolesnik; 06-01-2016 at 07:53 PM.
Old 06-01-2016, 08:16 PM   #314  
IP start 4/4/16

Pishposh, my TJs sells out of it all the time! It took me weeks to get my hands on any and it's a long ride for when they are sold out. When I do get it, I feel like I have precious goods in my car! TJs now sells fresh cauliflower crumbles too so I grab one to use the same day, yum. OMG the 30 day shred is torture, I hope your back feels better quickly.

Monica---that kohlrabi sounds good! I miss potato/hash brown/starchy veggies, in going to try it that way!
Old 06-01-2016, 08:48 PM   #315  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Pishposh, I wanted to comment on your heartfelt reflection on "It was me all along". I would be happy to read it this summer after I get back from Italy. I really do think there is a strong emotional component for most people on this weight management journey. Finding peace within your own skin seems to be the key to figuring out this crazy puzzle. Keep looking within, my friend.
Closed Thread