Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2016, 09:06 AM   #256  

S/C/G: 176.4/168.4/140

Height: 5'4"

Hangdog - what a very thoughtful insightful post! I'm not a rebooter, but hearing everyone's stories prepares me for the future. I love your plan of basing your goals on time rather than a number, and see where that date lands you! You are obviously rocking it, losing half of what you gained, back into 6s, and seeing the physical changes - keep up the great work!
Old 05-19-2016, 09:42 AM   #257  

Height: 5' 5"

Hey All,

I'm on day 23 of my reboot. I just wanted to share, for those who are restarting (or thinking about it) that on this second bout of IP, I am losing faster than I did the first time. I'm sharing this because I came into round 2 with some misconceptions ie: "I won't lose weight as fast". For me, I didn't have a big drop in week 1. That was disappointing. But, over time, I am seeing that my daily losses are bigger than they were on my first round. As of day 23, I have lost the same number of total pounds as I had on day 23 of the first round. And, of course, I feel better, my hypoglycaemia is under control, and my clothes fit again! I hope this helps someone who is struggling with motivation or limiting beliefs about rebooting!
Old 05-19-2016, 09:45 AM   #258  
IP start 4/4/16

S/C/G: 280/235/199.9

Height: 5ft6in

My timer this morning tells me it's 45 days until 4th of July. Somehow it doesn't seem too overwhelming. Maybe because I keep thinking of where I'll be by Christmas/New Years?

I had such regrets these last holidays from regaining about 60lbs (not IP related loss). In all my sadness and angst, I proceeded to gain another 40 from January to April.

Now spring is here and I'm so glad I got some weight off but I could have been so much further ahead.

The best thing about IP is having a plan of knowing what I can and can't eat plus the accountability of my coach's scale once a week.

I'm glad the time thing was mentioned here. Once we get to July 4, I hope we can all do Labor Day together! I'm excited.

Hope you all have a great Thursday!
Old 05-19-2016, 11:47 AM   #259  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Perhaps we all need a memorial day to July 4 challenge, like the old days of this forum? I'll look into the logistics of it and see if I can figure out how lisa used to do them.
Old 05-19-2016, 01:59 PM   #260  
IP start 4/4/16

S/C/G: 280/235/199.9

Height: 5ft6in

Quote:
Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce View Post
Perhaps we all need a memorial day to July 4 challenge, like the old days of this forum? I'll look into the logistics of it and see if I can figure out how lisa used to do them.
This sounds great! I don't know anything about them but I want in!
Old 05-19-2016, 05:21 PM   #261  

S/C/G: 248.6/231.5/180

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce View Post
I took your idea and made a challenge page for us all. I am sorry if it steps on your toes, I remembered how Lisa used to do it. Hope it is fun for us all!
Old 05-19-2016, 09:37 PM   #262  
Started IP 4/7/2014

Monica, no problem! Thanks!!

Last edited by pishposhappelsauce; 05-19-2016 at 09:37 PM.
Old 05-20-2016, 07:29 AM   #263  
IP Start Date 5/13/13

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn Margaret View Post
Hangdog - what a very thoughtful insightful post! I'm not a rebooter, but hearing everyone's stories prepares me for the future. I love your plan of basing your goals on time rather than a number, and see where that date lands you! You are obviously rocking it, losing half of what you gained, back into 6s, and seeing the physical changes - keep up the great work!
Thanks Lynn Margaret! Plugging along, one day at a time.
Old 05-20-2016, 09:45 PM   #264  

S/C/G: 185/175/150

Height: 5'7''

Hi Everyone. I'm still going strong and I just hit 30 days on IP today. I have 30 more days and then I will re-evaluate my next plan - maybe another 60 days. I haven't weighed myself this last week but my jeans are getting loose which is a great sign. I'll weigh myself tomorrow morning to get a fresh read. Anyways, I just tried the Trader Joe's Cauliflower Rice tonight. I highly suggest it. It is in the frozen section. Ingredients are Cauliflower, Salt. I cooked with a little extra virgin olive oil and added some spice. Very good. Take care everyone.

Last edited by stickingtotheplan; 05-20-2016 at 09:46 PM.
Old 05-20-2016, 10:27 PM   #265  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Hi Ladies,

How about a check in? How was your week? How was your Friday? What are your plans to stay on plan this weekend?
Old 05-22-2016, 01:11 PM   #266  

S/C/G: 248.6/231.5/180

Height: 5'4

Sorry I missed the friday update. But regarding staying on plan I wanted to share that today I am exactly 10lbs down today and feeling good

For this may long the plan was to sand and paint our old fence. We got the sanding done but it looks like the painting will have to wait as it is trying to storm now and is supposed to rain for the next few days Boo. But I can't control the weather.

Hope everyone else's weekends have either been fun or productive (or both)
Old 05-22-2016, 02:49 PM   #267  

S/C/G: 185/175/150

Height: 5'7''

Hi Everyone. I'm IP strong and on day 32. I'm just getting ready to do some cleaning around the house and then I'll head to the gym. I've already had my triple espresso and chocolate shake today to fuel my activities. Before I head to the gym I'll have some rhubarb and the apple oatmeal packet. It is a beautiful day here in Cali. I'm thankful for more time to focus on healthy eating and lifestyle today. Take care everyone and enjoy this Sunday in all of it's beauty.
Old 05-22-2016, 04:36 PM   #268  
Started IP 4/7/2014

Default Happy weekend!

Hi everyone! Friday was good, went to dinner with my family to celebrate my sister's college graduation. Had the most delicious blackened salmon over sautéed fennel and mushrooms. I'll have to recreate that one.

It's been rainy here all weekend after three weeks of mostly rainy and grey days so just lazing around, but starting to about getting anxious about some long put off garden chores. I have a couple of Adirondack chairs that needed to be stained and assembled so I finally decided to just do it in the garage while it poured outside. Hope we can get some consecutive days of sun soon.

How has everyone's weekend been?
Old 05-22-2016, 05:56 PM   #269  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Hi Ladies,

My reboot is officially over. I am moving to Phase 3 on Tuesday, need to grocery shop tomorrow. The 1 pound has not gone away for 3 weeks, so I am moving forward. All of my clothes fit again so I can live with it. I am going to keep it pretty clean carb wise until I leave for Italy and stick with my Phase 1 recipes pretty much.

Monica, yahoo for 10 pounds!!!!! Hope you have help painting the fence.

Pishposh, I did some small jobs in the garden when the sun finally came out today. I have so much more to do! The weather this spring has not cooperated for outdoor weekend stuff.

Sticking you are going strong. Rhubarb and oatmeal sounds delish. I am so envious of your Trader Joe's the nearest one is over an hour away.
Old 05-22-2016, 09:54 PM   #270  

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone!

Sorry to once again not be around much but work is really kicking my backside lately. I'd like to think it will get better but with holidays coming up, I don't see it getting quiet any time soon.

A coworker passed away suddenly last weekend. She was only 40, passed away from a heart attack. It was so shocking and so sad. Really makes you think. There was no warning for her, she didn't appear to be overweight or have any other symptoms but it does make one consider their lifestyle.

I'm doing okay on the reboot, pretty much at the halfway point, where I was hoping to be at this point. Trying to find new and creative ways to make meals and mix things up a bit. Happy to be hitting the thrift store again for the next size down in clothes

It's a long weekend for us Canadians so it's nice to have that extra day off tomorrow. Have a great week everyone!
Closed Thread