Old 02-04-2016, 09:59 AM   #241  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

question : so the quest bars OLD FORMULA, if they show 25 carb and 16 fiber, once you minus that,it comes to 9. So does that make the bars restricted? or no
LOSINGFORGOOD2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 10:37 AM   #242  

S/C/G: 370.0/341.4/170

Height: 5'10

Hello all! I started IP with alternative products on 1/4 and I'm down just over 20 pounds in 4 weeks. I still have a VERY long way to go, but I'm encouraged by the stories of others who have lost as much or more and maintained it.
HouTXMomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 10:39 AM   #243  

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouTXMomof3 View Post
Hello all! I started IP with alternative products on 1/4 and I'm down just over 20 pounds in 4 weeks. I still have a VERY long way to go, but I'm encouraged by the stories of others who have lost as much or more and maintained it.
you will LOVE this program!
Old 02-04-2016, 10:46 AM   #244  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/165

Height: 5'5"

Hi All! So my TOM happened on time. I'm actually glad since I heard this diet makes people's cycles go all wacky. My weight is up a couple of lbs, but that's fine considering. I'm also dealing with some congestion. I don't know if it's allergies or what. So I'm feeling pretty blah this week and it's a little harder to get all of the food down. I am super excited to be closing in on one full month on plan. Today is day 24. I have never stuck with anything this long.

kaylalu- Please stick with it. Since you're following protocol, I'm sure it will average out.

I've considered going down the alternatives route later in the game. As of now, I'm going to take the easy route and let ideal protein figure it all out for me. My coach did mention I could get OTC vitamins. CVS has them BOGO this week. Please let me know if y'all have found some comparable.
beaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 10:58 AM   #245  

S/C/G: 182/175/130

Hello All,

I'm new to the website. I started LP just over a week ago and have found some great advice and joined. 11 days into the program and I feel good. A little frustrated this week becuz I'm a compulsive weigher each morning and haven't budged in 4 days. I'm comfortable throwing caution to the wind because I lost 8 lbs my first week. thank you for sharing your experiences.
Roxy Roller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 11:04 AM   #246  

does anyone know of this recipe i am reading about for 'cookie bits' ?
Old 02-04-2016, 11:39 AM   #247  

S/C/G: 216/200/140 206/191/130

Height: 5'6

Hi everyone!! - week 3 for me, not my first time doing this though. It's my third! The first time, I lost for surgery, and I gained a little back (not to bad). To lose what I had gained I went back on the diet, lost even more and was very happy! I felt amazing! Then I started a new job that was very stressful, which I spend a lot of time on the road with. The traveling on the road part was OK with food, I have a little travel plug-in cooler and an induction burner to cook healthy foods and I make sure the hotels have a fridge. Found it difficult to stick with an exercise regime on the road though. Stress and emotional eating got me at home. So I was really good away from home, it was being at home that was my downfall I think for eating healthy. So I need to investigate ways to deal with stress and emotional eating. Thus I am on my third go at this diet because I know it works!! Didn't gain all my original weight back, but I was getting close to it! Week 3 and down 12.2 lbs
BerylX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 01:11 PM   #248  

S/C/G: 248/213/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone! Week 3 I was down 2 lbs this week. Thats a total of 13 lbs. I think. I've done the diet before and was very successful, but unfortunately gained it all back plus a lot more. I also tried the alternative route. Unfortunately again, it would seem that I need the accountability. So here I am, trying as hard as I might, to not compare this time to last, to pretend this is my first time around, and do everything 100%. I've bought a scale and measure out everything. This past week I've noticed that sodium seems to be affecting me a lot, and has become an issue because I am a SALT lover. I enjoy cooking with soy sauce, and bouillon cubes, but really notice that I swell up after eating these items. Also, I was on a salsa kick last week and that seemed to bloat me up as well. Anybody else have these issues? And are there any good substitutes with less bloating effects?

beaka -- looks like you are doing great! We started about the same time. Lets be study buddies here and help each other stay motivated!
Rhonduz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 02:45 PM   #249  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/165

Hi Rhonduz! It does look like we would make good buddies. We have a close start date AND similar goals. I am also a lover of salt. However, I also exceed the recommended amount of water. I'd suggest balancing it both ways. Cut a little salt. Add a little water. I've noticed that I feel like I add WAY more salt to things now to make them tasty. I don't know if that's just part of the Ideal foods or what.

BerylX- You're right in there with us! Looking forward to completing 4 weeks!
beaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 02:59 PM   #250  
Hi!

Good to read all the positive stuff here!

I'm in week 5, officially 1 month in today. My TOM happened a couple of weeks ago while I was traveling. It was pretty much right on time, and wasn't wacky. Since my work schedule has been wonky, I've only been in for 2 weigh ins with #3 coming up on Monday. I was 10+ pounds down at week 3. Not sure I'll see much of a drop next time, as I think I've leveled out. I am still avoiding weighing myself here. Problem is that when I am working out of the house, I wear yoga pants or sweats, and I don't see the difference in the way the clothes fit too often. Maybe I need to start wearing jeans?

Does anyone else have problems with the WF stuff? They don't seem to sit too well with me.
mezmerelda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 03:28 PM   #251  

S/C/G: 248/213/150

Height: 5'2"

Mezmerelda- WF = YUK! :P
Rhonduz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 04:02 PM   #252  

S/C/G: 173/173/125

Hi, everyone! I've been debating posting on here for some reason-I don't know why-but I used IP for three weeks at the end of 2014. Back then, I had 10lbs less to lose than I do now and had successfully lost 15lbs OP. I remember cheating once due to the holidays, but ultimately went off of IP due to a very painful renal cyst. I was only 25 at the time, so this experience really scared me off the diet and forced me to try to figure it out on my own after. Well, that didn't work . As I mentioned above, I've gained back all of the weight that I had initially lost, plus 10 lbs. I currently weigh the heaviest I ever have, and am very determined to try to get it off. This is going to sound really silly, but other than just wanting to get the weight off, my boyfriend and I have talked about getting engaged within the year, and I want to be able to look/feel great by then (and not feel horrible about having my photo taken).

I'm only on day 5 right now, but whenever I feel hangry or irritated with the limitations of the diet, I think about the great things in my future and how I want to feel about myself when those things come.

I'm trying alternative products this go-round and am really enjoying them. I know that I will experience some difficulty around Valentine's Day, but have already planned to have a cheat day (and maybe just a cheat meal, though I know the damage is still bad) for my birthday, on March 30. Some people go 100% OP the entire program, but having this designated cheat two months away also gives me something to look forward to. I've already resisted catered lunches at work and s'mores at a friend's house, so I feel pretty good! I'm very hopeful about this time around, but will be cautious if I feel pain in my abdomen again.
courtneyf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 05:11 PM   #253  

S/C/G: 167/163/135

Default Taking a Break

Hi everyone!

I am brand new to this, I am on day 4 right now. I am just wondering if anyone here has taken a break for a couple weeks then gone back on?

I am going on a holiday at the end of March for 16 days and won’t be staying on the diet, I will begin it again after though – my coach suggested this. She said that about 5 days before I leave we will start to “Phase me out” (not sure if correct wording) and then I can just start back up once I get back.

Just wondering if anyone on here has done something like this and if it was successful or not?

Thank you!

Last edited by Micky6; 02-04-2016 at 05:24 PM.
Micky6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 05:19 PM   #254  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

some great losses

I am down 2 lbs. for my WI today

Have a Great weekend.
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 08:39 AM   #255  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
question : so the quest bars OLD FORMULA, if they show 25 carb and 16 fiber, once you minus that,it comes to 9. So does that make the bars restricted? or no

See below

For those who don't go back to the previous thread to find the info (recommend as much research as possible!), here is info on how to pick an alternative product:

If you need specific info on WHAT to eat on IP, go here:
IP Protocol Sheets (this info is linked every day on the first post of the daily chat thread)

Here's a detailed breakdown to consider:
- under 160 calories = Unrestricted (though MOST IP packets range from 90-120)
- 160-200 calories = Restricted (once/daily)
slightly over 200 cals (or 30% fat) is super-restricted (once/weekly)
- less than 30% cal from fat (multiply cals from fat x 3; OK if lower than total cals.)
- under 8 g net carbs - unrestricted
- 9g-16g net carbs - restricted
- 17g net carbs - super restricted (only once/twice per week)
- above 17g net carbs is too high to be good for Phase 1
- at least 12-15g protein (don’t go much above 20g regularly)

* NET = Total carbs minus fiber (some people also subtract all sugar alcohols from total carbs; some subtract half; some choose to not subtract any...... sugar alcohols can affect your body similarly to sugar with spikes) Also remember NO Aspartame!
hysteria_625 is offline   Reply With Quote