Old 02-01-2016, 01:22 PM   #226  
Started IP Alts 1/3/16

S/C/G: 265/Ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

So many NSV's over the past weekend. Friday I went to a paint and sip class with a friend. Didn't drink any alcohol, only water. And of course someone brought birthday cake in to share with everyone. It was hard, but I didn't eat any of it. Saturday night the family and I went to a pizza place and I ate salad with chicken. Sunday I visited distant family who made brunch (omg the waffles...and bacon...). I resisted that time too. It sucks but the diet works so well I do not want to ruin it. I'm already down 25 pounds in almost a month, on a roll now!

Congrats to all of you who are losing and feeling great!
Greyfaery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 01:29 PM   #227  

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowahawkeyemom View Post
I'm back to Ideal Protein! I was successful at losing the weight way back in 2010 and some how I have managed to gain it back. This diet does work, so here I am again. Looking forward to reaching my goal and MAINTAINING!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
Hey there! another familiar 'face' from 2010!
Hi iowahawkeyemom!.. welcome back... I remember you well from 2010... I'm one of the other familiar faces LOOSING was talking about... you are so right, this protocol does work... just like most things, though, it needs a little upkeep every now & then, "back in the shop" so to speak... glad you decided to come back, this is such a special place... if you get a chance, visit the 2016 IP Rebooters thread also...

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Day 2. It is amazing that even the first day of IP how much better I feel not eating junk. I can lose weight on this diet I just need to figure out how to keep it off in maintenance
coffeebean... I remember you from way back then too... glad to see you again... I always liked your avatar & you still have it... yay!!!.. too cute...

Last edited by Aunt Sheshie; 02-01-2016 at 02:10 PM.
Aunt Sheshie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 02:43 PM   #228  

Default Decaf Coffee

Can we have Def Coffee on Phase1
TayKirb12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 02:57 PM   #229  

S/C/G: 225/210/150

Had my 3 week weigh in on Friday and was down another 3lbs! I have not cheated once! It has been hard a few different times with temptations, but I want this so bad!

Good Luck to All! Stay strong and you will see results!

Abbyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 07:00 PM   #230  

Default Four weeks in IP, new to this site

Hey fellow newbies! I started IP four weeks ago and thought I'd finally pop on here. I'm still very motivated to see the results continue. I've mostly stuck to the IP packs, but I use Premier Protein shakes instead of the IP shakes, and Egg beaters/egg white mix instead of the omelette. This has helped lower the costs a bit.

S/C/G
197/183/160

Loving this group as a motivator and source of great info... Thanks so much everyone!!!

Crystal_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 03:30 AM   #231  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/165

Height: 5'5"

Hi All. Week 3 I am down 2.6 lbs. I honestly haven't done my best this week. There were some days I went over protein and forgot my night vitamins. I need to get stricter this week.

I can't really say if exercise has helped since I have a lot of other variables and haven't done it everyday. Also, this week is supposed to be TOM. I've seen other people mention this protocol jacking up their cycle, so I'm unsure if mine is affected. I do see y'all still having losses during that time though. Kayweight- you had an awesome loss!

NSV- My skinny jeans are looser. I have a denim dress that I can tell definitely has more room in the waist. Looking forward to my measurements at the four week point!

So... I don't think the guy I was dating is my jam. We've been out a few times and I'm kinda at that decision point. Is it wrong that I consider not having to think about what I'll eat when we go out as a pro ?
beaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 12:36 PM   #232  

S/C/G: 167.5/163.1/120

Height: 5' 4"

First weigh in today after only being on IP since Saturday.

I am down 3-1/2 lbs. I think mostly water.

However my clinic has one of those fancy body machines that measures everything - and my initial percentage of body fat on last friday was 38.3 and today it is 42.8 . . . so I don't know if that is because of a difference between two machines -- I was measured at a different office on Friday than the one where my coach is -- or if I actually added fat? Weird.
ladyejan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 10:48 AM   #233  

S/C/G: 240/230/150

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone, Had my 3rd weigh in today. I lost 7 pounds my first week, and have only lost 1.5 pounds the last two weigh ins. My coach made me feel discouraged this morning. I have not cheated and have been sticking to protocol. Feeling pretty bummed out.
kaylalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 10:59 AM   #234  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylalu View Post
Hi everyone, Had my 3rd weigh in today. I lost 7 pounds my first week, and have only lost 1.5 pounds the last two weigh ins. My coach made me feel discouraged this morning. I have not cheated and have been sticking to protocol. Feeling pretty bummed out.
Don't feel bummed. And shame on your coach for making you feel discouraged. Their role is to be supportive and address any thing they might see in your food journal - and to help you through the rough patches.

My understanding is that 2 - 3 lbs a week for women is normal. You might try upping your water intake - I hear that sometimes that helps.
Old 02-03-2016, 12:45 PM   #235  
donna2theg

S/C/G: 220/194/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone! New to IP alternative 3 weeks ago. But, also new to forums! So have spent 20 days figuring this out. Posted a few times but didn't know where! Ha! Have subscribed here now so I am thinking I will find you again. I am confused on how to get a ticker and add to my posts. I have read that I most post for 20 days before I can add one. However, I see that many of you do even by day 2. Can you give me some insight as to when and how to add a ticker.
donna2theg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 12:55 PM   #236  
donna2theg

So here is my current!

S/C/G: 220/204.5/145
Lost: 15.5
Started Week 4 2 days ago

Love the program and food from Nashua Nutrition. Weight slowed for the last week and 1/2 but a friend on true Ideal Protein tells me that can be expected in week 3. She told me that I could be losing inches as my body could be building muscle mass. Have any of you heard the same?
Old 02-03-2016, 01:01 PM   #237  
donna2theg

Hi LadyJan! I just posted on that very thing. Did your coach take your measurements? I was told you could be still loosing inches and that your body could be building muscle mass. I was told this could happen 3 weeks in. Unless I am measuring wrong, I believe I have lost an inch all around.
Old 02-03-2016, 02:50 PM   #238  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyejan View Post
First weigh in today after only being on IP since Saturday.

I am down 3-1/2 lbs. I think mostly water.

However my clinic has one of those fancy body machines that measures everything - and my initial percentage of body fat on last friday was 38.3 and today it is 42.8 . . . so I don't know if that is because of a difference between two machines -- I was measured at a different office on Friday than the one where my coach is -- or if I actually added fat? Weird.

That's a bummer. Different machines could definitely measure differently though. I THINK the fat percentage can also be affected by your hydration, so that could also be a factor. Doubt that you added fat though
Juniper10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 02:59 PM   #239  

Love seeing everyone's updates! I'm at the end of week 2 and going pretty strong, other than an uncomfortable head cold right now. I really thought this program would be more difficult than what I'm experiencing right now, and I think I'm down about 10lb total so far. I was drinking around 4 diet cokes a day and gave them up cold turkey the day I started, and I only miss it once in awhile for a few minutes. The only thing I'm really missing is fruit, but I've been messing around with some of my packets to get some fruitiness in, like smoothies made from 1/2 vanilla drink and 1/2 of a "juice" type of one.

I may start looking into some alternatives soon, I know I'm in this for the long haul, I've got a lot to lose and am probably looking at about a year (just estimating).
Juniper10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 03:58 PM   #240  

Quote:
Originally Posted by donna2theg View Post
Hi LadyJan! I just posted on that very thing. Did your coach take your measurements? I was told you could be still loosing inches and that your body could be building muscle mass. I was told this could happen 3 weeks in. Unless I am measuring wrong, I believe I have lost an inch all around.
Nope - no measurements - just the machine.

Someone else on the IP Facebook forum said this is normal for the first week, and not to worry.

We'll see what happens next Tuesday.