Old 01-20-2016, 08:22 AM   #151  

Just wanted to say that PMS + Restrictive Diet = Rough. Gurgling stomach, cravings, tiredness,etc. Thinking about my weight loss success so far to help me push through.
INFPerseverance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 08:54 AM   #152  

Quote:
Originally Posted by INFPerseverance View Post
Just wanted to say that PMS + Restrictive Diet = Rough. Gurgling stomach, cravings, tiredness,etc. Thinking about my weight loss success so far to help me push through.
Wait until the cramps kick in. Mine are by far the worst OP.
mamacitaof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 10:06 AM   #153  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfaery View Post
Hello and welcome! Meat should be 8oz weighed before cooking. Also, in the beginning it is a lot of food to get used to all at once, but you need it to last through the night. You eventually get used to it. Maybe eat your snack in the afternoon until you do? That's what I usually do.
Thank you so much! I did get in touch with my coach and she confirmed the meat issue. I still did end up losing 5 lbs in my first week so this makes me very happy!
I think I may try the snack in the afternoon, thank you Greyfaery :-)
susan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 10:09 AM   #154  

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
Bloat always makes me think of sodium, and perhaps the combination of the soy sauce (very high in sodium, even the reduced sodium version) together with the Ideal Salt, may be more than your body can tolerate. And then I bet there was more sodium in the taco seasoning...

Greyfaery is right about the measuring before cooking, too -- the quantity if meat should be more like 6oz after cooking.
oneuh2,
Thank you so much for the tips...you are right I think I may be having to much salt. I am going to look at cutting some back for sure!
I need this to work for me :-)
I really appreciate you taking the time to respond to my message!
Have a great day!
Old 01-20-2016, 11:46 AM   #155  

S/C/G: 270/225/130

Height: 5ft

Greetings all! I am so excited to get started. I had my intro meeting and I am waiting to get my first appointment!
BeanMak11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 03:27 PM   #156  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/165

Height: 5'5"

susan - yay for the loss!

Day 10!

I am NOT looking forward to TOM while on this plan. Thankfully I started it right after the last one.

Today is good so far. Yesterday was the first day where I really felt like I had more than enough to eat. Tonight I have a date and we're going to a Mexican restaurant. I'm going to just get meat and steamed veggies. I already looked at the menu and pretty much everything is covered in cheese or involves carbs. This is definitely a test of willpower. We've only been out a couple of times. If we decide to continue, I'll tell him more about the diet.
beaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 06:12 PM   #157  

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaka View Post
susan - yay for the loss!

Day 10!

I am NOT looking forward to TOM while on this plan. Thankfully I started it right after the last one.

Today is good so far. Yesterday was the first day where I really felt like I had more than enough to eat. Tonight I have a date and we're going to a Mexican restaurant. I'm going to just get meat and steamed veggies. I already looked at the menu and pretty much everything is covered in cheese or involves carbs. This is definitely a test of willpower. We've only been out a couple of times. If we decide to continue, I'll tell him more about the diet.
Good luck on the date and I know you can choose something yummy and nutritious and OP! If you like cilantro and/or lime juice, both would add lots of flavour to whatever you choose. Have fun!
Juniper10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 06:14 PM   #158  

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
Zucchini is a wonder veggie -- you can grate it and add to pancakes, or use it with egg whites to make legal pancakes that only count against your veggies.

I also add grated zuke or cauli rice to muffins - gives some added bulk with no change in flavor, and I think the added veggies make the muffins more filling.

For those who like turnips and like crockpot/slowcooker -- check out this thread and look for the Pork Roast over turnips that is done in the crockpot with WF pancake syrup..... I am making this today with a pork tenderloin. This dish is a family favorite!
Thanks for the link to that thread, I hadn't found it yet. I use my slow cooker a few times per week, so hopefully there are lots of good recipes in there.
Juniper10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 10:09 PM   #159  

S/C/G: 248/213/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone, your posts are helping me keep focused and on track. I had first WI today and lost 8 Lbs.!!!! Keep posting your successes. They are inspiring!
Rhonduz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 09:58 AM   #160  

Celebrating another victory. 3.2 lbs in 5 days (had to weigh in early due to snow). 8.8 lbs in 11 days (.8 lb a day average). I'm amazed.
INFPerseverance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 10:27 AM   #161  

Rhonduz- Awesome first week!

The date went well. We ended up switching to a pub. I had their marinated grilled chicken (it was topped with a mushroom/pepper/onion mix) and a double side of broccoli. I didn't eat the onions. Pretty sure the broccoli had butter, but nothing that would knock me out of ketosis. Overall I'm proud of me. I didn't feel tempted to eat other things or drink alcohol.
Old 01-21-2016, 08:31 PM   #162  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Good choices Beaka!! Too bad we don't have a 'like' button, lol.
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 06:00 AM   #163  

Default My week 1 loss so happy!

Just wanted to share that I lost 9 lbs my first week and down 1.5" all over!!!
No more bloating and feeling so much better ☺
Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 01-22-2016, 10:43 AM   #164  

S/C/G: 184.2/174.8/140

Height: 5.4

I had my first week really good. In second week, I started feeling hungry and cheated once. I am week 3 now, and it's going okay. Need to come to this group more often to keep up my motivation.

I tried IP cappuccino drink Mix and that it really good. Though taking full packet at once is too sweet for me, I make two cups and drink morning and evening.

Keep your motivation up and let's go on RIDE.. :-)

W1 -7.5 W2 -1.9 W3.. waiting..

Chiku
2016Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 04:16 PM   #165  

Susan74- Way to go on your big Week 1 loss!

I got on the scale this morning. I probably shouldn't have. I'm halfway through the week and only down .5 lb. Ugh. Sticking with this though. I need to be better about my measuring.