Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2015, 08:57 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

Thanks guys, I was back 100% yesterday and so far so good this morning, with not even a twinge of desire to eat off plan. Of course the 4 extra lbs showing on the scale is enough to keep me OP

One, it sounds like you are getting to the right mental place to do this 100%. You've got this! And that's great news about your DH being able to come home soon.

Sue, glad to read you are firmly in onderland again Keep going!

Ro, you are probably right in your body needing some extra, I'm confident you are back on track and great job sticking to low card options to keep you in ketosis!

merowi2, I'm guessing you are in maintenance at 1560 a day? It would be too much if you are trying to lose and following the Ideal Protein diet.

I hope everyone has a wonderful and OP day.
Old 11-03-2015, 08:58 AM   #17  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Join me to get back on program and knock off those excess lbs! We can support one another and the rest of 3FC will cheer us on too. Just get back on the wagon and leave that binge in the rearview mirror! We can do this!!!

Last edited by oneuh2; 11-03-2015 at 08:59 AM.
Old 11-03-2015, 09:22 AM   #18  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by merowi2 View Post
Hi Guys I really need some encouragement.
I am back up to 173lbs today.23lbs from goal, I did so good on Trick or treat night no candy, and no birthday cupcake,since it was my daughters 16th b day.
Last Friday am we left for NYC to celebrate her b day .I did so good eating wise and we walked around 15 miles in 2 days, well sunday came and 6 hr drive home,exhaustion,I gave in to a binge now 2 days.
I am discouraged.Last yr at this time I was 163lbs,.My chest keeps getting bigger and bigger,I hate it and shirts feel so uncomfortable. I eat 1560 calories a day,does anyone think that is too much? Any advice welcomed
What phase of the protocol are you on?
Old 11-03-2015, 10:52 AM   #19  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Height: 5'8"

Thanks for the encouragement.
I weighed myself and I'm actually down .4 pounds from yesterday so the binge is in the rearview mirror, and I feel strong again so I am not worried about a pattern developing any longer (at least for now). It is weird how mentally we just know one way or another.
I also think it is important that we listen to our body and not overreact as I was about to do - my body has been giving me plenty of signs that I am overdoing it via constant hunger feelings for about last 10 days. I think we need to trust our bodies and fuel them and not think it is a trick. I did not have any such hunger feelings the first time I did this - it wasn't until I got sick. In fact, that was the first symptom so I am glad I have my blood test set for Monday to ensure everything is ok. I believe it is - I think the hunger feelings have just been coming from doing the minimums and boot camp the last 3 weeks. I knew it was an ambitious goal to try and reach goal by Thanksgiving. I now know that won't happen so I will add 100-150 calories per day as I think the continued reduction is counterproductive as evidenced by only 1.1 loss last week.

Cheryl - sound likes you are easing into full OP. I have no doubt you'll get there. Your cookies looked good!

DD - congrats on getting back on the horse!!!

Sue - glad to hear you are settling in weight wise. Remember to have fun this week as this is the last of the selection visits with your son!
Old 11-03-2015, 05:09 PM   #20  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro22 View Post
Thanks for the encouragement.
I weighed myself and I'm actually down .4 pounds from yesterday so the binge is in the rearview mirror, and I feel strong again so I am not worried about a pattern developing any longer (at least for now). It is weird how mentally we just know one way or another.
I also think it is important that we listen to our body and not overreact as I was about to do - my body has been giving me plenty of signs that I am overdoing it via constant hunger feelings for about last 10 days. I think we need to trust our bodies and fuel them and not think it is a trick. I did not have any such hunger feelings the first time I did this - it wasn't until I got sick. In fact, that was the first symptom so I am glad I have my blood test set for Monday to ensure everything is ok. I believe it is - I think the hunger feelings have just been coming from doing the minimums and boot camp the last 3 weeks. I knew it was an ambitious goal to try and reach goal by Thanksgiving. I now know that won't happen so I will add 100-150 calories per day as I think the continued reduction is counterproductive as evidenced by only 1.1 loss last week.

Cheryl - sound likes you are easing into full OP. I have no doubt you'll get there. Your cookies looked good!
Thanks for the support - RO - your ability to get back in the game after all the medical issues were having last winter has been an inspiration to me - I figure that if you can resume and be successful, I have no excuse not to do that too. Yay! for your drop of .4lbs and Yay! for your detachment from the binge!

Also, I have to say that the constant hungries were plaguing me like crazy in June and July when I was closest to goal - I was slipping in an extra bar or an extra oatmeal or extra chips or more than one of the above, trying to deal with the hungries. I think my body was telling me I needed to phase off, but could not see how having one serving of regular/natural protein with a commensurate reduction to 2 IP packets was going to address my hunger, when the extra packets were not helping me deal with the hungries.... I am still not really grasping the rationale in that situation, but maybe this time I will get to goal, or recognize the smart point for phase off, without getting into the crazy hungries.

Sharing our experiences with hungries is helpful to all of us - it's good to know I am not alone in feeling those desires to 'stuff face.' When OP this time last year, I was so 'in the zone' that hunger was really not an issue at all. I long for that feeling again.

Right now, as I write this post, I am enjoying a bowl of romaine with some jicama, dressed with my diluted vinegar/stevia no fat dressing.... it is tasting very good to me, and I have to admit that I have not eaten nearly enough salad and veggies during Sept and Oct.... as I allowed my weight to creep up with regain. I must admit, the green stuff is pretty satisfying....

Today is a real P1 OP day for me so far -- just have to make it thru the evening to declare victory! I expect to report success tomorrow!
Old 11-03-2015, 09:14 PM   #21  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

I hear you loud and clear, Cheryl. I don't know why there is that ebb and flow but for me it is like a switch gets flipped to commit and nothing can derail me. It is usually not as dramatic the other way - it is usually a gradual creep before going full bore off diet which is why I said that I need to make sure what I did last night does not start that. I am good - I can tell the mental switch is flipped to be OP. Finish the night strong and then just start stringing the days together. Once you start seeing/feeling noticeable differences again, it will be enough to spur you on to the finish line!!!
I cannot wait until I get this weight off so I can figure out meal plans on 2,000 calories and workout vs figuring out meal plans on 700-800 calories. It doesn't sound like you did too much damage. I think we have about the same amount to goal so let's do this!!! I need a maintenance buddy
Old 11-03-2015, 09:24 PM   #22  
oneuh2

Quote:
I hear you loud and clear, Cheryl. I don't know why there is that ebb and flow but for me it is like a switch gets flipped to commit and nothing can derail me. It is usually not as dramatic the other way - it is usually a gradual creep before going full bore off diet which is why I said that I need to make sure what I did last night does not start that. I am good - I can tell the mental switch is flipped to be OP. Finish the night strong and then just start stringing the days together. Once you start seeing/feeling noticeable differences again, it will be enough to spur you on to the finish line!!!
I cannot wait until I get this weight off so I can figure out meal plans on 2,000 calories and workout vs figuring out meal plans on 700-800 calories. It doesn't sound like you did too much damage. I think we have about the same amount to goal so let's do this!!! I need a maintenance buddy
I am with you, RO-- your profile data on the left shows your goal to be 168... is that right? or are you setting the goal based on how you feel as you go along?

I weighed on my digital this morning and my official reboot start weight is 177 - I am going to aim for 150, and yet I will be satisfied at 160 if the constant hungries set in again. This time I want to phase off properly and enter maintenance with my head held high.
Old 11-03-2015, 11:20 PM   #23  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
I am with you, RO-- your profile data on the left shows your goal to be 168... is that right? or are you setting the goal based on how you feel as you go along?

I weighed on my digital this morning and my official reboot start weight is 177 - I am going to aim for 150, and yet I will be satisfied at 160 if the constant hungries set in again. This time I want to phase off properly and enter maintenance with my head held high.

I haven't mentally accepted updating my weight in my profile
My current weight is 186.4. My goal is to be in the 160's accounting for weight gain with re-introduction of carbs, etc which really puts my goal closer to 160 than 170. I'll settle on goal weight based on how I feel but I think it will be 160-165 vs 165-169.
I have discussed with my coach the purpose for P2 so I have decided to skip P2 as the purpose is to teach how to eat non-processed foods which is not an issue for me so I will go from P1 to P3 for 2 weeks and then maintenance. I will start my workouts when I get to maintenance. My current BMR is 1630 and I plan to add 400 calories for my workouts (my normal routine is working out 6 days a week) to put me at a maintenance intake of 2000 calories. I am looking forward to getting there. Last time I did this I went from 184 to 170 in 4 weeks and that was through the Christmas and New Year's holidays. I was hoping this would occur this time around but it seems like it may take longer. I want to transition before Christmas - we'll see.
You caught yourself much faster than I did. I got all the way up to 228.6 before fully committing and doing P1 longer than 3 weeks.
You will have a big loss your first full week so you will be close to goal in no time.

Last edited by Ro22; 11-03-2015 at 11:22 PM.
Old 11-04-2015, 06:06 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by merowi2 View Post
Hi Guys I really need some encouragement.
I am back up to 173lbs today.23lbs from goal, I did so good on Trick or treat night no candy, and no birthday cupcake,since it was my daughters 16th b day.
Last Friday am we left for NYC to celebrate her b day .I did so good eating wise and we walked around 15 miles in 2 days, well sunday came and 6 hr drive home,exhaustion,I gave in to a binge now 2 days.
I am discouraged.Last yr at this time I was 163lbs,.My chest keeps getting bigger and bigger,I hate it and shirts feel so uncomfortable. I eat 1560 calories a day,does anyone think that is too much? Any advice welcomed
Yes we all slip....how well you catch yourself is what matters...1 meal at a time if that is what you need...then concentrate on the day, week, month....Just keep trying...failure is not an option...

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
Sue - congrats on the return to one-der-land!! That has to be a great relief! And I hope you enjoy your college visits - what great fall weather we are having this week - good time for car trips and walking campus pathways!

Ro22 - so sorry you had the binge, but I admire your ability to be selective about the food you binged with. It could easily have been something high carb or a trigger food, but you kept to the smart cheat. Kudos to you for that.

And caution re: letting the cheat become a pattern is wise - it is as if we are walking a tightrope and the smallest lean to the side can take us all the way off the rope - then it takes great courage and extraordinary strength to pull ourselves back up onto the rope and find balance again. Our Gremlins see us struggling and they begin to feed us messages to keep us down rather than help us to climb back up. The mental game is the one that we all have to master.

DD I hope your return to rope has been successful and you are finding your balance again.

This is where I am right now - battling the gremlins to get back OP. I was off for part of yesterday - previous commitment to lunch out at a place with few OP choices - but I beat the gremlins at dinner and after coming home from the rehab center where I had an OP dinner with my husband, I experimented with Ro cookies. Check out the Alts thread to see photos! I have the cookies at the ready for today, and I am prepared with cappuccino drink mix, IP soups, and decaf tea in the bag ready to travel with me today hen I go to the rehab center.

Meeting with the rehab treatment team today after lunch, and I expect they will say that DH can come home on Friday or Sunday. Next week will be return to multiple therapists coming and going, and return to cooking for Jack Spratt (the hubby who MUST gain weight) but despite being his wife, eating on program myself so I can lose the regain. It's a mine field, but I can do it if I can beat the mental game.
Cheryl -Good luck with DH... I know these medical issues are dragging you down...I feel your pain (fellow stress eater)... We can do this...

Quote:
So my binge was delayed by a day...I felt it coming on for about 10 days - I had 5 Quest cookies last night. I have been starving and even though I wasn't yesterday, I felt I needed it. I chose those because of only 1 carb each so not to get out of ketosis. Now, the rest of the week I need to make sure I follow protocol to ensure this does not become a pattern. I think I am under control but I need to make sure that this doesn't start a pattern. I really feel I needed a sharp increase in calories so I had 1400 calories yesterday which is 2x what I had been having the last few weeks. This morning I still feel so stuffed so hoping that does the trick. I'll keep you posted as I may need your help to ensure this doesn't open the floodgates. Stay tuned...
Ro - I totally get the binge...As for changing your stats LOL..I am the same...Hopeful that I will see that number again on the scale and not just here in my stats...today I weighed in at 198.

Well yesterday's collage was a bust. Weather was fantastic for walking campus, but DH didn't really like it that much. Said the kids were not friendly LOL.. Anyway we will apply but I think it will be one of our safety back up schools... TOmorrow Penn State visit. I am actually excited for that one LOL... Went to lunch yesterday and the waitress was horrible..ordered my salad and she never brought me the dressing LOL...Oh well. Its only lettuce and chicken I can eat that plain.

Off to work this AM and another long day for me...have enough in the fridge for a lunch salad and then I need to hit the grocery store. Good thing we are out alll day tomorrow LOL...
Old 11-04-2015, 07:50 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 175/174/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi guys, I don't follow IP plan,just trying to have a deficit,so had 400 cal deficit yesterday and am down tom172.2 today. Just trying to have that everyday.Thanks everyone
Old 11-04-2015, 08:23 AM   #26  

Oh so slowly losing my up lbs from my off the rails day! Oh so slowly! Hopefully I will get down to at least my pre-cheat number by next WI!
Old 11-04-2015, 12:40 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 265.6/154/150

Height: 5' 8"

Happy November my 2014 beauties!

So glad to see many of you chugging along and others recommitting to the plan! Great time to be in full ketosis with holiday goodies ramping up. You ladies are strong and can do this! I have to admit to being nervous about the holidays this year. I almost wish I was going to be on P1 during the holidays to help with the cravings.

Still working on that slippery slope that maintenance can be. Halloween was a challenge and after the last couple weeks of living above my scream weight (haven’t seen 155 or lower on my scale since 10/15) I decided to buckle down and do some serious P1 days to get things back under control. I was happily surprised with myself that I was able to stay 100% OP for 3 days…I swear, even 1 P1 day is a challenge now after being on maintenance. I would have continued to stay on P1 but have exercise plans the next several days that require more carbs and calories. Just hoping to continue to eat well and maybe lose a few more pounds.

After nearly 5 months of maintenance, I only feel now that I am somewhat getting the hang of it. In fact, I just asked a question on the maintenance thread last week and the responses helped something finally “click” in my head about the amount of carbs to fat in a meal. That certainly doesn’t mean I always get it right. In fact, I probably still get it wrong more than right.

Skin update – My coach said to give my skin a year after goal for maximum improvement. Nearly half way there and I do feel like my saggy skin has improved somewhat since hitting maintenance in June. I am not sure if that is due to improved elasticity or building muscle…most likely a combination of both. Sagging still most certainly exists but I do see a bit of an improvement in my arms and legs. However, it is clear that things will never go back to where they were (my stomach especially). I have pretty much decided to have surgery in the spring, although I still have a lot of time to change my mind and continue to prove to myself that I won’t regain what I’ve lost. I talked to my boss this morning about needing 2-3 weeks off of work and when would be the best time (there is never a best time!). I have a trip to Mexico in February so I am most likely looking at sometime in March. Still need to make appnts to visit with some other plastic surgeons in the area and decide exactly what procedures I want to have done.
Old 11-05-2015, 12:29 AM   #28  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Hey Peeps.

Just sticking my toes back in, not the whole body yet. Good to see you back, Cheryl. Hope all goes well with the check in, Ro. DD, don't be discouraged, you know you can do it. Welcome back Jennydoodle and keep on trucking Sue and Alexandra! You guys keep me from leaping off the bandwagon. Holding steady but that's it.

Merowi, you might want to check a calorie intake calculator. Of course, each site has its own set of internal machinations so take it with a pinch of salt. If you are gaining weight from bingeing then you know the cause. If you are gaining weight because your caloric intake is higher than your body weight needs it'll show in a slow but regular gain, rather than the binge gain which is fast and intermittent.

Yay, nice to see you back, too, Cen and DD.
Old 11-05-2015, 08:01 AM   #29  

I had a family death yesterday, and my trip to visit family will now include a funeral I was already stressed about the visit, and at work trying to get as much done as I can before I leave so spent last night fighting a stress induced migraine. I really, really wanted to turn to food! That was what broke me on Sunday, and I tried really hard not to cave, but I ate two extra non restricted IP packets last night. Planning to be OP today though, thankfully I have soccer tonight, nothing like a good workout to calm the mind.

Amanda, good to "see" you popping in!

CenTXChk, I think you are doing great in Maintenance. For sure it's challenging but you are doing great at staying aware and working it, and figuring out what is best for you so that you are as successful as you can be!

Sue, I hope you as DS enjoy your campus visit today.

Everyone have a great OP day!
Old 11-05-2015, 04:22 PM   #30  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briael View Post
Hey Peeps.

Just sticking my toes back in, not the whole body yet. Good to see you back, Cheryl. Hope all goes well with the check in, Ro. DD, don't be discouraged, you know you can do it. Welcome back Jennydoodle and keep on trucking Sue and Alexandra! You guys keep me from leaping off the bandwagon. Holding steady but that's it.

Merowi, you might want to check a calorie intake calculator. Of course, each site has its own set of internal machinations so take it with a pinch of salt. If you are gaining weight from bingeing then you know the cause. If you are gaining weight because your caloric intake is higher than your body weight needs it'll show in a slow but regular gain, rather than the binge gain which is fast and intermittent.

Yay, nice to see you back, too, Cen and DD.
YAY!!!! so glad to see you back here posting!!!!
Closed Thread