Old 02-03-2016, 02:12 PM   #256  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
The jury is still out on this. I think I had pumped this up so much in my mind that the actual result was a letdown. I made it into cookies, and the batter was so thin- not like PB or Choc. I did like the "cookie bits", but it wasn't as great as I was expecting.

I suspect that I will need to eat it a few more times to form a true opinion. I might try to make them again with less water, but you are right, the flavor is not very "strong".
I mixed mine with coffee, ice and spinach this morning. I prefer it this way and will likely use it up unless I determine another good use for it.
mamacitaof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 10:41 AM   #257  

S/C/G: 370.0/341.4/170

Height: 5'10

I recently purchased the Quest Cookies and Cream powder after having tried the chocolate, peanut butter, and banana. The chocolate was my favorite, but I think I like the C&C even better! I just mix it with water... I'm new to all this and haven't gotten too creative with recipes yet. I love the cookie bits! I've also tried it as pudding and it was good that way too! I do agree that it might not be as strongly flavored as the PB.
HouTXMomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 09:58 AM   #258  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

Height: 5' 10"

I saw a couple of new Atkins products in Walmart last night that fit protocol:

1. Atkins LIFT bars. My store only had the salted caramel crunch flavor. 21 g protein, 200 calories, 4 g fat, 8 net carbs.

2. Atkins LIFT protein drinks - a flavored water. 20 g protein, 90 calories, 0 g fat, 2 g carbs. Three flavors: lemon, orange, and berry.
HereIStand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 10:45 AM   #259  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

I am going to give C&C another go this weekend. I am going to try to make it into cookies again, as that is my favorite way to have Quest. This time I will try it with less water to make it a little thicker.

Another thing I noticed about the C&C is that it has more carbs than the others (I don't like that!) and it has Erythritol, which I don't like, which none of their other powders do. I am highly sensitive to sugar alcohols, so this one may end up off my list.
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 01:11 PM   #260  

S/C/G: 207/165/165

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereIStand View Post
I saw a couple of new Atkins products in Walmart last night that fit protocol:

1. Atkins LIFT bars. My store only had the salted caramel crunch flavor. 21 g protein, 200 calories, 4 g fat, 8 net carbs.

2. Atkins LIFT protein drinks - a flavored water. 20 g protein, 90 calories, 0 g fat, 2 g carbs. Three flavors: lemon, orange, and berry.
b

HIS. How do the bars taste in comparison to the quest products. Also interested in the drinks. May have to try them
Largo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 01:19 PM   #261  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyejan View Post
Quick question -

Have any of you had good luck making IP recipes with alternatives? I keep running across things on the net I'd like to try - but don't want to buy extra IP packages just to experiment.

Thanks for any info!
I've been making the muffins using the Healthsmart puddings. They are not quite as good as the ones I made with IP products, but they do the trick. I add a cup of sautéed zucchini to each serving and eat them for lunch with a cup of raw veggies. It works for me. If you scroll back through this thread there is a recipe posted recently using this method.

Last edited by catlady1981; 02-05-2016 at 01:20 PM.
catlady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 01:20 PM   #262  

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouTXMomof3 View Post
I recently purchased the Quest Cookies and Cream powder after having tried the chocolate, peanut butter, and banana. The chocolate was my favorite, but I think I like the C&C even better! I just mix it with water... I'm new to all this and haven't gotten too creative with recipes yet. I love the cookie bits! I've also tried it as pudding and it was good that way too! I do agree that it might not be as strongly flavored as the PB.
How do you make Quest powder into pudding?.. I've looked on the Quest website & couldn't find a pudding recipe...
Thanks!..

Aunt Sheshie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 01:32 PM   #263  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
How do you make Quest powder into pudding?.. I've looked on the Quest website & couldn't find a pudding recipe...
Thanks!..

Sheshie - what I do is slowly mix with water until the desired consistency...I've done it with salted caramel and peanut butter - neither were exactly perfect pudding but it was tasty and edible
hysteria_625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 02:05 PM   #264  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hysteria_625 View Post
Sheshie - what I do is slowly mix with water until the desired consistency...I've done it with salted caramel and peanut butter - neither were exactly perfect pudding but it was tasty and edible
Great!!!.. sounds yummy...
thanks!...

Aunt Sheshie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 07:54 PM   #265  

S/C/G: too much/lighter/just right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
.. I was a little hesitant to spend that much on them, but they're a good size & worth that little over $2 each:
Lucky Vitamin has these for individual purchase. They run $2.24 each. They have free shipping with a $49 purchase. Great way to try without spending 20+ on something you don't know if you will like.

http://www.luckyvitamin.com/sb-no-cow

Flavors: peanut butter chocolate chip,raspberry truffle, blueberry cobbler and mint cocoa chip
curliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 12:26 PM   #266  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

I have read on here about mug cakes...can we use QUEST powders and microwave in a mug? has anyone tried?
LOSINGFORGOOD2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 03:25 PM   #267  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
I have read on here about mug cakes...can we use QUEST powders and microwave in a mug? has anyone tried?
Yes

1 scoop Quest (your choice)
1 egg white
1t baking powder
Water - I don't measure...just turn the tap on really low and stir (with all ingredients) until pancake-like consistency

I use a ceramic cereal bowl
mix dry ingredients
add egg white and water - stir together into pancake-like consistency (not too thin or it will be watery)
microwave for 1 minute, 20 seconds - I generally open the door to the microwave and let it deflate at about 50 seconds

I've always preferred Quest mug cakes over the alt-product pudding ones - much more moist!
hysteria_625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 11:35 AM   #268  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hysteria_625 View Post
Yes

1 scoop Quest (your choice)
1 egg white
1t baking powder
Water - I don't measure...just turn the tap on really low and stir (with all ingredients) until pancake-like consistency

I use a ceramic cereal bowl
mix dry ingredients
add egg white and water - stir together into pancake-like consistency (not too thin or it will be watery)
microwave for 1 minute, 20 seconds - I generally open the door to the microwave and let it deflate at about 50 seconds

I've always preferred Quest mug cakes over the alt-product pudding ones - much more moist!
thank you so much! so really its the same recipe that i was doing for pancakes, but faster as i dont have to stand over the stove LOL
LOSINGFORGOOD2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 12:07 PM   #269  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

Height: 5' 10"

I got a sample packet of the Quest c&c powder. My reaction was, meh. I think I was expecting a stronger cookie flavor. For the higher number of carbs in this product, I'm not that keen on it, and will stick to my favorite pb flavor.
HereIStand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 06:58 AM   #270  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Largo View Post
b

HIS. How do the bars taste in comparison to the quest products. Also interested in the drinks. May have to try them
Clearwater here. They taste great I had the chocolate cherry one. Walmart had them on sale 5 something a box.
classykaren is offline   Reply With Quote