Old 01-10-2016, 08:12 PM   #166  

S/C/G: 187/182/130

Height: 5'4''

[QUOTE=Loser13;5228936]Ok I just posted a message and have tried to put a smiley face next to my thank you but it went up beside the message title...excuse my incompetence but how to I put a symbol with my message?

Well I just found the answer to my own question! lol
Loser13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 07:41 PM   #167  

S/C/G: too much/lighter/just right

I must be looking at the wrong "fit elite" bars. The ones I found on drugstore.com were 380 calories each - yiks! Then when I searched on Nashua Nutrition it had zero search results. Umm - what am I doing wrong?
curliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 09:46 PM   #168  

S/C/G: 187/182/130

Height: 5'4''

Default Waffles

Funny thing. I decided to buy a waffle maker and make a batch of PB Quest waffles. They were ok but like the 'cookies' I found a little taste of something.

Well I wrapped one up and left it on the counter for later. For some reason the wrap was not all around the waffle and it became hard...but crunchy and I thought it was really great! Who knew! I took a piece tonight because I was starting to feel hungry and it was nice to crunch on it. I could see myself dipping it into something...not sure what.

Unfortunately for me the big C is back. I had a little problem during the first few days but this is my third week and I have been having problems during the last few days. I had been using Restorolax but not helping anymore for some reason. Making myself a cup of senna tea to help with this. Don't want to use it too much but I really need it now.

ok enough about that subject...not really in the domain of Alternative...

Later Peeps
Loser13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 07:44 AM   #169  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

good morning, what are all these QUEST products people are talking about? and can you order if you are in canada ?

Last edited by LOSINGFORGOOD2010; 01-12-2016 at 07:44 AM.
LOSINGFORGOOD2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 08:06 AM   #170  

S/C/G: 203.8/135/135

Height: 5"2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
good morning, what are all these QUEST products people are talking about? and can you order if you are in canada ?
You can get them at GNC stores (there are several in Ottawa). The powders are great for shakes, and also for making the baked muffins, cookies, waffles, rolls. All the flavors are really good, I love the PB, chocolate, salted caramel for shakes.
Lucky for us in Canada, most of the bars are still the old formula which are OP. (be sure to check ingredients, if there is no soluble corn fiber, it's the old formula)
blueskiesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 08:19 AM   #171  

perfect! thankyou for answering my question. I will look for that. is the powder in a large enough size to last for a while ? and what is the carb count roughly
Old 01-12-2016, 08:35 AM   #172  

The powders come in big jugs, 29 servings. net carbs 2g for chocolate (4g - 2g fiber).
If you go to nashuanutrition.com all the quest products are shown there with all nutrition info
Old 01-12-2016, 08:47 AM   #173  

thank you! and i am assuming i will find these SUPER AMAZING recipes you speak of, somewhere online here? This is my first time back to this site in FOREVER! tired of feeling tired LOL. and the support here is amazing
Old 01-12-2016, 11:16 AM   #174  

Quote:
thank you! and i am assuming i will find these SUPER AMAZING recipes you speak of, somewhere online here? This is my first time back to this site in FOREVER! tired of feeling tired LOL. and the support here is amazing
If you go back through this thread, there are lots of posts with recipes; here's a couple of recent ones:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskiesahead View Post
Absolutely! Actually, you can use any protein powder, the flavored ones are nice to use too. If you find a recipe using an IP powder, you can use the Quest instead, should work fine.
Basic recipe that most people seem to use:
One dry packet mix; one egg white; 1/2 tsp baking powder; any spices or extracts; enough water (prob 3 T) to get consistency of what you are making (thick for muffins, cakes, cookies: thinner for waffles or pancakes).
Bake at 350 for cookies, muffins, cakes, rolls. maybe 15 min, but could be more for bigger/less for smaller items
You can also add some shredded zucchini (blot and dry as much as possible).
For savory- add onion powder, garlic powder, herbs, etc.
For sweet - cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, other extracts, etc...stevia/splenda if wanted
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
My favorite roll/bun recipe for the MP Quest powder is:

1 scoop MP
1/2t. baking powder
1/2t. xantham gum
1/2t. stevia for baking
generous sprinkle of onion powder
generous sprinkle of garlic powder
2 oz. ICE COLD water

Combine all ingredients in bowl and transfer to baking sheet and form into a bun. Sprinkle top with more onion or garlic powder and bake at 375 for 20 minutes. I usually do this in my toaster oven.

You can either eat as is or cut in 1/2 and toast.

I also made "crackers" with the MP powder, but I still need to experiment with them. I don't think I rolled it out thin enough and they weren't as crunchy as I was hoping for, but the flavor was excellent.

Also, Quest makes a chip alternative that I think are awesome. AND they are unrestricted. As long as you are not expecting a "potato chip", I think you will like them. They are a cracker / chip kind of thing, but they are crunchy and salty, which I love.
Also, you may see references to Janeva's cookbook - many really good recipes there, she uses strictly IP packets, but you can easily substitute. She has a FB page, and lots of her recipes are on there as well.
have fun experimenting!!
Old 01-12-2016, 11:37 AM   #175  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

ATTENTION!!!! Quest has a new flavor available! Cookies & Cream.

I wish I could buy a single packet to try it before I commit to a tub, but I would be willing to bet that it would taste mighty fine as a cookie!!!
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 12:06 PM   #176  

thank you so so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskiesahead View Post
If you go back through this thread, there are lots of posts with recipes; here's a couple of recent ones:

Also, you may see references to Janeva's cookbook - many really good recipes there, she uses strictly IP packets, but you can easily substitute. She has a FB page, and lots of her recipes are on there as well.
have fun experimenting!!
Old 01-12-2016, 01:29 PM   #177  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
ATTENTION!!!! Quest has a new flavor available! Cookies & Cream.

I wish I could buy a single packet to try it before I commit to a tub, but I would be willing to bet that it would taste mighty fine as a cookie!!!
This is very exciting! Does Nashua not have samples? I believe someone had posted a while back that GNC would let you bring the product back if you didn't like it. Not sure where you typically buy your Quest powder.
mamacitaof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 01:45 PM   #178  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacitaof2 View Post
This is very exciting! Does Nashua not have samples? I believe someone had posted a while back that GNC would let you bring the product back if you didn't like it. Not sure where you typically buy your Quest powder.
yes that is true! I called GNC this morning and he told me if you do not like it, to just bring it back
Old 01-12-2016, 03:31 PM   #179  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
go to the first posting in the Newcomers thread

Also go to the Sticky threads - some are old but there are gaziilions of recipe thread links there.
oneuh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 05:44 PM   #180  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Our Wegmans carries a ton of Quest powders & bars, including single packs that you can try before you buy a large size powder & single bars, so you can try before you buy a box.
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote