Old 12-26-2015, 01:53 PM   #121  

Default Where to get IP products

Quote:
Originally Posted by allibum View Post
Hello all!
I have a few questions that I am hoping I can get some help with...
I am currently on Ideal Protein, Phase I. However, my job takes me to various places, and I basically live in my truck or motels. I have completed 1 week of IP (after a longish hiatus), and am down 5 pounds. However, I am in a community with no IP services, and have ran out of food. Is there any protein drink or powder out there that I can substitute for the packages? I have some Premier Protein premixed drinks that have: 160 calories, .5g saturated fat, 340mg sodium, 280 potassium, 6g carbs, 30g protein.Would this be an acceptable replacement until I can get some more IP?
Since I am all over the place, I also have no IP coach (no coach seems to want to help me since I am not 'committed' to their facility), so I may be posting lots of questions!
Hi allibum! I have been on IP about 3 months and I am not using a coach. I get my products on eBay from seller nutritionproteine and have had great luck with this. You can buy in lots from 12 to 30 boxes and the price per packet is about $3.50 or so - free shipping. They have most everything in stock. Good Luck!
mjflora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 08:47 PM   #122  
Started IP on 3/1/2014

S/C/G: 237.5/207.5/140

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destony View Post
DKC, I am always looking for alternatives, especially restricteds. I live for them! I just looked up the nutrition facts and if I am looking at the same thing you are talking about, they are pretty well outside the guidelines to fit the P1 protocol. Could you post a picture of the nutrition labels so that I can make sure I was looking at the right thing?
The Fit Elite bars are great and they fit the protocol (as a restricted bar). They have 180 calories, less than 30% calories from fat, 9g net carbs, and 20g of protein.

The Oh Yeah! Victory bars also fit protocol, but I don't like them
karkrazy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 08:54 PM   #123  
Started IP on 3/1/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
Yeah, I am thinking that I will save them for after IP. I only bought a couple to try since I never really liked them in the past. I don't want to love them so much that I will want one every day
I bought a box of Quest bars thinking they were the original formula (without soluble corn fiber), but they were the new formula (with soluble corn fiber). I tried a bar before realizing this, and they were so gross!! I have switched to the Fit Elite bars since they are very similar to Quest in texture and nutrition facts... and they are yummy!
Old 12-29-2015, 09:08 PM   #124  
Started IP on 3/1/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereIStand View Post
Some of the older Quest bars were okay on net carbs and fat, but the calories were high - in the 180 or 190 range, which makes them okay for protocol, but restricted.
All old Quest bars are restricted. There were no unrestricted Quest bars. Some of the old Quest bars weren't allowed at all due to the calories and calories from fat being too high. The old Quest bars are hard to find now anyway, so I have made the switch to Fit Elite bars
Old 12-30-2015, 06:06 PM   #125  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by karkrazy13 View Post
All old Quest bars are restricted. There were no unrestricted Quest bars. Some of the old Quest bars weren't allowed at all due to the calories and calories from fat being too high. The old Quest bars are hard to find now anyway, so I have made the switch to Fit Elite bars
We may see another re-formulation of Quest bars - I rec'd an email from TeamQuest by mistake - it was supposed to be sent to a shorter mail list of people who do some taste testing and reviews, and it referred to a re-look at the recent reformulation. Keep fingers crossed for a more IP compliant re-formulation soon.

Meanwhile - where do you get the Fit Elite bars? Is that that manufacturer's name?
oneuh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 07:29 PM   #126  
Started IP on 3/1/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
We may see another re-formulation of Quest bars - I rec'd an email from TeamQuest by mistake - it was supposed to be sent to a shorter mail list of people who do some taste testing and reviews, and it referred to a re-look at the recent reformulation. Keep fingers crossed for a more IP compliant re-formulation soon.

Meanwhile - where do you get the Fit Elite bars? Is that that manufacturer's name?
Oh man, I hope Quest brings back the old formulation!

Yes, Fit Elite is the brand name, and you can buy them at GNC or bodybuilding.com. There are only 2 flavors right now - Cookie Dough and Cookies & Cream - and they are both really good
Old 01-03-2016, 10:50 PM   #127  

Mjflora -- I just found this seller on Ebay - good to hear that you haven't had any problems with this seller...Good luck...

Last edited by Pdukas143; 01-03-2016 at 10:51 PM. Reason: forgot to add name
Pdukas143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 11:17 PM   #128  

Default MP powder recipes?

Hello All!

I've just spent the last 4 days reading through thousands of posts on alternative IP products and have just taken the plunge! As many of you have mentioned, I've been very successful but the cost is killing me. It's either this or I quit and I've come way too far for that.

I just bought some Quest PB powder, Fit Elite Bars, Quest chips and ordered 3 boxes of other food from Nashua.

My question relates to the MP powder. Am I dreaming or can I really now make my own muffins, pancakes and bread from scratch?!!!! If so, can anyone point me in the right direction for recipes, please?

Thank you all for making this seemingly daunting transition much less scary. I really believe now after reading all of this, that I can get to goal and not have cost stand in my way. I'm very grateful to you all!!

Daisy
Daisy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 07:32 AM   #129  

S/C/G: 203.8/135/135

Height: 5"2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy29 View Post

My question relates to the MP powder. Am I dreaming or can I really now make my own muffins, pancakes and bread from scratch?!!!! If so, can anyone point me in the right direction for recipes, please?
Absolutely! Actually, you can use any protein powder, the flavored ones are nice to use too. If you find a recipe using an IP powder, you can use the Quest instead, should work fine.
Basic recipe that most people seem to use:
One dry packet mix; one egg white; 1/2 tsp baking powder; any spices or extracts; enough water (prob 3 T) to get consistency of what you are making (thick for muffins, cakes, cookies: thinner for waffles or pancakes).
Bake at 350 for cookies, muffins, cakes, rolls. maybe 15 min, but could be more for bigger/less for smaller items
You can also add some shredded zucchini (blot and dry as much as possible).
For savory- add onion powder, garlic powder, herbs, etc.
For sweet - cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, other extracts, etc...stevia/splenda if wanted
blueskiesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 09:04 AM   #130  

Thank you so much!!! I make baked goods all the time with IP stuff. The variety just increased ten fold now! I feel like now with these products, I can really incorporate them as part of my lifestyle change for good. IP products don't feel that way; that it's realistic to keep those long after goal is reached.
Daisy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 01:04 PM   #131  

Default Quest Powder Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskiesahead View Post
Absolutely! Actually, you can use any protein powder, the flavored ones are nice to use too. If you find a recipe using an IP powder, you can use the Quest instead, should work fine.
Basic recipe that most people seem to use:
One dry packet mix; one egg white; 1/2 tsp baking powder; any spices or extracts; enough water (prob 3 T) to get consistency of what you are making (thick for muffins, cakes, cookies: thinner for waffles or pancakes).
Bake at 350 for cookies, muffins, cakes, rolls. maybe 15 min, but could be more for bigger/less for smaller items
You can also add some shredded zucchini (blot and dry as much as possible).
For savory- add onion powder, garlic powder, herbs, etc.
For sweet - cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, other extracts, etc...stevia/splenda if wanted
Can you direct me to where I would figure out the amount of Quest powder? Son has started IP diet and once he gets nearer goal or on maintenance he may want to incorporate a few other options in to his diet. At this time he is doing all IP products.
PeggyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 01:23 PM   #132  

S/C/G: 203.8/135/135

Height: 5"2"

Peggy 1 scoop of the Quest powder replaces 1 packet ( exception is the unflavored Quest, you use just slightly less than 1 scoop, because it has higher protein grams than allowed)
blueskiesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 01:28 PM   #133  

Default Quest Powder Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskiesahead View Post
Peggy 1 scoop of the Quest powder replaces 1 packet ( exception is the unflavored Quest, you use just slightly less than 1 scoop, because it has higher protein grams than allowed)
So any idea what that would be if you bought in small pkgs that doesn't come with scoop. I think that is probably what he would do. We see that at one of the local grocery stores as he has mentioned it thinking about getting close to his goal. Maybe how many grams so that we can compare amount in the single pkgs. Thanks for the help.
PeggyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 04:24 PM   #134  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

My favorite roll/bun recipe for the MP Quest powder is:

1 scoop MP
1/2t. baking powder
1/2t. xantham gum
1/2t. stevia for baking
generous sprinkle of onion powder
generous sprinkle of garlic powder
2 oz. ICE COLD water

Combine all ingredients in bowl and transfer to baking sheet and form into a bun. Sprinkle top with more onion or garlic powder and bake at 375 for 20 minutes. I usually do this in my toaster oven.

You can either eat as is or cut in 1/2 and toast.

I also made "crackers" with the MP powder, but I still need to experiment with them. I don't think I rolled it out thin enough and they weren't as crunchy as I was hoping for, but the flavor was excellent.

Also, Quest makes a chip alternative that I think are awesome. AND they are unrestricted. As long as you are not expecting a "potato chip", I think you will like them. They are a cracker / chip kind of thing, but they are crunchy and salty, which I love.
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 09:19 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 187/182/130

Height: 5'4''

jennydoodleI was just wondering why you use ICE COLD water?

Also when you mix it up do you use a fork? A mixer?

I read your reviews with the Quest PB and decided to buy it this weekend...loved it as a shake...so thick and yummy.
Tried to make the ice cream but my nutribullet did not crush the ice enough so I had little chunks of ice in it...still good because it was thick and cold.[/U][/U][/U]

Made 'cookies' and 'waffle'...I found the taste was not quite the same...it seemed to take away that PB taste.

I tried to order the Batko flavouring you were writing about...did not have it on amazon.ca and unfortunately .com will not ship where I live. I will need to find an alternative. I read someone said to stay away from Walmart brand...not sure what it was.

A month ago I got a great...I mean..GREAT deal on Quest chips at my GNC...but one get one free...so I bought 4 boxes...so with member discount 27.99 for two boxes.
Went this week...still buy one get one free BUT the boxes were reduced to 13.99 because the expiry date was approaching...end of February...bought six more boxes. So 4 boxes for 27.99...
The guy at the store (to be precise cute guy...)told me the store had ordered WAY TOO many boxes and this was the reason for the deals. Needless to say I have quite a few boxes of chips.
The regular price for these at my store was 3.99 a bag...with the deal of buy 4 get one free.

The Quest powder was not on sale...51.99...cheaper than on sites on saw...
Loser13 is offline   Reply With Quote