Old 11-03-2015, 01:49 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro22 View Post
I was just getting ready to say that in response to your first post!

But, here is an idea that you can do now. In fact, I am going to do this today.
Remember I told you how great the peanut butter pudding was and I think it was HereIStand said it was more like a frosting and that it would be better as a spread. Well, here is a thought for P1...
The reason I liked it so much is it was the most intense peanut butter flavor I have had while being P1 compliant. The peanut butter flavor is intense and doesn't get washed out via baking or with more water as a shake.
So, how about taking the peanut butter and making it as a pudding and making chocolate cookies and then after baking the cookies, put the peanut butter pudding in the middle of the cookie like a Reese's or spread it on top? You would have to make 2 cookies with the 1 scoop to equal 1 packet such that you would have 1 cookie from 1/2 scoop and 1 spread from 1/2 scoop to equal 1 packet.
I think you could add a little less water to get it a little drier like the middle of a Reese's. I am going to play around with this.
OMG! Let me know how this turns out. I almost was going to try something similar to this last night, but got lazy instead. This is what I was going to try:

Make 2 separate "doughs"- 1 chocolate, 1 PB. then I was going to layer the chocolate on the bottom and PB on top- but try to "put" it in the middle. But the dough is so sticky and hard to manage, I thought it would turn into a big mess.

I really like the idea of using the PB as frosting... I'm drooling...
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 08:27 PM   #32  

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereIStand View Post
LOL, definitely use the whole sample. I found that adding the spinach made it even more filling. I can go about 3 hours before getting hungry.
I've always done spinach in my morning shake. That's why I was so lost in why I was so hungry! Normally I make it until 12:30.
mamacitaof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 09:02 PM   #33  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
OMG! Let me know how this turns out. I almost was going to try something similar to this last night, but got lazy instead. This is what I was going to try:

Make 2 separate "doughs"- 1 chocolate, 1 PB. then I was going to layer the chocolate on the bottom and PB on top- but try to "put" it in the middle. But the dough is so sticky and hard to manage, I thought it would turn into a big mess.

I really like the idea of using the PB as frosting... I'm drooling...
LOL. Unfortunately, this will have to wait until tomorrow/Thursday. I got tied up today and didn't get a chance to get to GNC to get peanut butter powder. I'll keep you posted.
Ro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 08:24 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 212/125/140orig/130 chgd 9/5

Height: 5'4"

Got my first Nashua order today!! So happy can't wait to start trying it all!!
Destony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 08:47 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 203.8/135/135

Height: 5"2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destony View Post
Got my first Nashua order today!! So happy can't wait to start trying it all!!
So what did you end up getting? I'd be interested to hear which ones you like, or don't like.
BTW you have to try the ice cram recipe Beth posted, with the Quest powder. I tried it tonite, and YUM!! Makes a big bowlfull too!
blueskiesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 05:21 AM   #36  

Blue I probably went a little overboard, lol....but....for $100 bucks I got
Protein Powder Samples (1 Serving)
Options: Sample: Syntrax - Nectar: Double Stuffed Cookie 2
Options: Sample: Syntrax - Matrix: Peanut Butter Cookie 3
Options: Sample: Syntrax - Nectar: Chocolate Truffle 3
Options: Sample: Quest Nutrition: Chocolate Milkshake 2
Options: Sample: Quest Nutrition: Vanilla Milkshake 3
Options: Sample: Quest Nutrition: Strawberries & Cream 1
Options: Sample: Quest Nutrition: Banana Cream 2
Options: Sample: Syntrax - Nectar: Latte Cappuccino 2
Options: Sample: Quest Nutrition: Peanut Butter 2
ProtiDiet Dessert - Chocolate Fudge Cake (7/Box) 1
ProtiDiet Oatmeal - Maple Brown Sugar (7/Box) 1
ProtiDiet Protein Crisps - BBQ (7/Box) 1
ProtiDiet Soup - Beef Vegetable (7/Box) 1
Weight Loss Systems Dinner - Vegetarian Joe (7/Box) 1
The boxes alone if I were to buy the IP would be $140- so at this point, as long as they are palitable I'm in. I will let you know. I can't wait to make my shake tonight. I ordered Tuesday afternoon, it was on my deck from Fed=Ex last night when I got home from work. When I opened the box, the powders smelled AMAZING!! I don't know what I am trying first. Probably peanut butter shake for breakfast. I haven't tried the ice cream, but you can bet I am going to now!! ☺ I'll let you know if there is anything I don't like as I go.
Editing because I just made a breakfast shake.....4 or 5 ice cubes, a handful of spinach 8 oz of water and a packet of quest peanut butter powder, HOLY AMAZEBALLS!!!!!!! Oh peanut butter how I've missed you. I love love love how thick it is too!!!!

Last edited by Destony; 11-05-2015 at 05:58 AM.
Old 11-05-2015, 07:58 AM   #37  

Linda - that's a lot like the order I placed. Lots of samples, so I could try them. I also got some of the Proti-thin drinks (there's a sample pack), just to try them. So far, I find the Quest shakes are much thicker than either the Syntrax or Protithin, but they all taste good.
I don't usually get much in the bars/desserts, but I did get the Protithin caramel nut bar, which is really good.
I don't do the baked things very often, occasionally I'll make muffins, but I'm going to try the cookies with the Quest powder, and the Quest powder/oatmeal mix.

I will definitely make Beth's "ice cream" again
Old 11-05-2015, 09:29 AM   #38  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

Height: 5' 10"

Linda, isn't that Quest pb amazing?! Totally helps with the craving for pb. I'll probably continue to have Quest shakes into maintenance.

I tried two new-to-me products this week: WonderSlim creamy cheesecake, and ProtiThin chicken soup. The soup has excellent flavor; I make it with 6-8 oz of water and pour it over chicken pieces and broccoli florets for a kind of sauce. The cheesecake is really a pudding, but it satisfies that craving for cheesecake flavor. It reminds me a bit of that Jello instant cheesecake mix. A more creative cook than I could probably come up with some kind of OP crust (maybe made from cereal?) that you could pair with it for an even more realistic cheesecake dessert.
HereIStand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 09:39 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 328.4/221.0/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereIStand View Post
Linda, isn't that Quest pb amazing?! Totally helps with the craving for pb. I'll probably continue to have Quest shakes into maintenance.

I tried two new-to-me products this week: WonderSlim creamy cheesecake, and ProtiThin chicken soup. The soup has excellent flavor; I make it with 6-8 oz of water and pour it over chicken pieces and broccoli florets for a kind of sauce. The cheesecake is really a pudding, but it satisfies that craving for cheesecake flavor. It reminds me a bit of that Jello instant cheesecake mix. A more creative cook than I could probably come up with some kind of OP crust (maybe made from cereal?) that you could pair with it for an even more realistic cheesecake dessert.
There is a crust recipe from an oatmeal packet floating around. I think it might be in an old Thanksgiving thread.
Wahoofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 10:38 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Linda - that covers most of the bases - let us know about the fudge cake. It looks SO good on the website

Also, if anyone has a lemon-desert craving (or loved the IP wafer), the lemon crisp bar I got as a freebie sample from Nashua was amazing!!!! So so sad its a soy product...

& yes - the Quest PB is fantastic! I am going to get a 5# tub from Wegmans this weekend. Thankfully I can buy sample packets from there also and am going to try the vanilla & chocolate. I really need to start thinking about weaning off the Nashua products I love the Proti-Thin puddings though...we'll see
hysteria_625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 11:32 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 315.8/ 311.6/ 200

following
bigjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 12:56 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

So I did some experimenting today and made chocolate "cake" with PB "frosting" and it turned out pretty good. I made the cookie recipe and made a serving / batch of chocolate. Instead of making them as cookies, I put them in 2 small corning ware baking dishes for 2 small cakes. Then I made the pudding recipe and made a serving with PB. Once the cakes were cooked, I used 1/2 the PB topping on each cake. It was good!!! I had 1 cake for breakfast and will have the other for lunch.

If I can figure out how to attach a picture, I will.
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 04:35 PM   #43  

Finding that I am not a big fan of the Syntrax Nectars, the flavor is good, but when I have a shake, I like them thick. The Quest ones are nice and thick, but even cutting back on the amount of water in the Syntrax, it still is just watery. I do whip them up in my Ninja with ice. Just sharing as I amtrying my new things.
Old 11-07-2015, 05:33 PM   #44  

Linda I agree on the Syntrax. Also the Proti-thin shakes. Neither are as thick as Quest or IP. I'm like you, I like them really thick. Blending the heck out of them with a lot of ice seems to help.

Only thing tho, Syntrax has 0 carb, 0 fat, 0 sugar. So it might stay on my list. ( I wonder if mixing half and half with Quest would work????)

The Proti-thin is higher in carbs, not sure if I'll reorder that. Still have some chocolate and caramel café, and a sample pack, so I'll decide on that later.
Definitely going to keep having the Quest.

jenny - your cake sounds good, I'll have to try it. I'd probably not eat both pieces on the same day, wonder if it would keep well till the next day?
Old 11-08-2015, 02:34 PM   #45  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
So I did some experimenting today and made chocolate "cake" with PB "frosting" and it turned out pretty good. I made the cookie recipe and made a serving / batch of chocolate. Instead of making them as cookies, I put them in 2 small corning ware baking dishes for 2 small cakes. Then I made the pudding recipe and made a serving with PB. Once the cakes were cooked, I used 1/2 the PB topping on each cake. It was good!!! I had 1 cake for breakfast and will have the other for lunch.

If I can figure out how to attach a picture, I will.
Good to know, Jenny. Thanks for sharing. I still haven't had a chance to go pick up the Peanut Butter flavor. And, I made the last of the chocolate this morning so I need to pick up both. I pitched both the Salted Caramel and Banana Cream this morning as I just really enjoy the chocolate and peanut butter so much.

Btw, here are my pictures of my chocolate cookies...
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SXh...ew?usp=sharing

And, my bread that I will have with my poached eggs for dinner tonight (I will slice like a bagel and toast it)...
https://drive.google.com/file/d/12be...ew?usp=sharing

The instructions for posting a picture is that you have to have Google mail and then get your photos in Google Photos. I take pictures with my phone and have configured my Samsung to automatically sync with Google photos. Once that is done, click on Google photos on your computer associated with your email address and right click to select Share and then click Advance and select that anyone can view that has the link. Hopefully, you followed that...
Ro22 is offline   Reply With Quote