Old 01-15-2016, 08:42 AM   #31  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori T View Post
Whatever they have done by adding the corn fiber seems to not only soften the bars but have changed the taste as well. So sad because I eat them often as snacks and had just bought several boxes.
I have used these in both in P1 and in maintenance for a couple of years now. I noticed the change in flavor a couple of months ago. Disappointing. They used to be my favorite bars, but I've started switching to other Nashua bars.
bubbleblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 09:26 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 207/165/165

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskiesahead View Post
I was looking for some Quest bars at my GNC here (Ont) before Christmas, I asked the clerk about that, she said that from what she understood, it takes longer to get the new formulation approved here than in the US, so a lot of the bars in Cdn stores are still the old formula. Won't last forever tho. So if anyone really likes them, maybe a good time to stock up. Actually I've been meaning to do that myself, but I'm so poor $$$ after Christmas.
Good to know. I am heading for Calgary from Florida at the end of the month for babysitting duties.
With the Canadian dollar and the old formula I just may take an extra suitcases!
Largo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 01:24 PM   #33  

I agree, the new formula doesn't taste very good, I need to find good comparable bars
sandrastrzelecka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 02:42 PM   #34  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandrastrzelecka View Post
I agree, the new formula doesn't taste very good, I need to find good comparable bars
Mission 1 bars are very comparable to the old Quest bars in texture and taste. You can get them a Walmart and CVS. Check the labels; some are too high in calories to fit protocol. I know the brownie flavor is okay as a restricted item.
HereIStand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 03:24 PM   #35  

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereIStand View Post
Mission 1 bars are very comparable to the old Quest bars in texture and taste. You can get them a Walmart and CVS. Check the labels; some are too high in calories to fit protocol. I know the brownie flavor is okay as a restricted item.
Thank you!! Those look really good and they have all of my favourite flavours
sandrastrzelecka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 05:22 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Well, I went and requested the 2 free. Why not? It's worth a shot. I know I won't be able to eat them until I am in maintenance, but I will give it a try.
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 05:27 PM   #37  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

I did, too. I'm in maintenance. I probably should have requested two flavors I've had before, but I ordered two that were new to me. I'll let y'all know what I think after they arrive.
Old 01-20-2016, 06:07 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

I requested the flavours that I know are the lowest in fat & calories (or at least used to be), although I'd really like some of the others, but I know they would set me up for sweets cravings as they are too much like 'desserts' (cookies & chocolate bars). Anyhow... since I am not in the US it may take a while to get to me.
Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 08:21 PM   #39  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi All!

I'm still mourning my Quest Bars. I was in Syracuse over Christmas and popped into GNC at the mall and found (yippee) one lone box of the Old Formula in the brownie bars I love. I bought it, even though I had to pack it in my suitcase and carry it on the plane. I really felt like I found a prize!

Alas, it's almost gone and then I'll be Quest-less again. They were a staple of my diet And now they are no more.

Does anyone out there have any of the Old Formula Brownie bars?

I'm going to look for the Mission 1.
joysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 09:40 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Joysh- I found a bar that I really like that is P1 compliant and has been compared to the old Quest bar (I've never had the old, so I can't say if I think this). They are called the No Cow Bar. I wrote a review in the alternative thread.
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 10:23 AM   #41  

Default No Quest for me either

I'm in Maintenance and I asked my Diet Coach about Quest bars and she said these are a no-no for us! The values are too high. So besides almonds and wrapping a cheese stick with turkey meat, what other snack choices should I eat? I was eating peanut butter at work (I work in an ICU at a hospital and these are available to me) and she said that's a Fat not a protein (funny how weight watchers considered it a protein.. She also told me not to eat Fruit past breakfast (I thought an apple could be a snack) SIGH!! Need snack suggestions. Thanks
wannabfitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 11:25 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabfitt View Post
I'm in Maintenance and I asked my Diet Coach about Quest bars and she said these are a no-no for us! The values are too high. So besides almonds and wrapping a cheese stick with turkey meat, what other snack choices should I eat? I was eating peanut butter at work (I work in an ICU at a hospital and these are available to me) and she said that's a Fat not a protein (funny how weight watchers considered it a protein.. She also told me not to eat Fruit past breakfast (I thought an apple could be a snack) SIGH!! Need snack suggestions. Thanks
NOTHING is a "no-no" in maintenance (P1 - P3, your coach is correct)- although I tend to agree with your coach on limiting fruit after breakfast as the natural sugars can cause insulin spikes later in the day.
This is a YMMV issue though and maybe there is a reason your coach doesn't want you having Quest bars...but if its only so you stick with IP products, then, well...???
hysteria_625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 03:41 PM   #43  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabfitt View Post
There are no "values" that restrict your food choices in maintenance! And PB counts as both a fat AND a protein. Are you sure your coach is fully informed about the protocol??? There are some bad coaches out there....

Personally, I eat an apple almost every day, usually mid-afternoon or as an evening snack. They aren't a problem for me, but you have to figure out what works for you. My mid-afternoon snack are usually one of these: celery w/ PB2 or PB Fit; carrot sticks w/ hummus; almonds; Babybel light cheese. My evening snack is usually 0% fat Greek yogurt (Fage brand) w/ stevia and WF jam mixed in for flavor. Or I might have a Quest bar or other bar, or some sugar-free jello or pudding.

If you're not tracking your food or journaling, I recommend that you start now. That way, as you try different food options, you can see the effects and modify your choices as necessary.
Old 01-21-2016, 08:34 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

wannabfit: HIS has got this totally right. Quest bars fit in ok for maintenance when you need a quick travel meal or snack (although their macros need to factored in for 3:1 type ratios and especially since they are upping the fat content...)
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 12:26 PM   #45  

Thanks! This is my 2nd coach (switched due to location)... I'll keep plugging into MyFitness Pal to see what works for me.
wannabfitt is offline   Reply With Quote