Old 09-03-2015, 11:30 PM   #1  

Talking Tofu Pancake Recipe - IP Friendly

I did a thread search to check whether a similar post was already made in this forum, and found nothing so here I go.

I must preface with the fact that I am a pancake lover. This is my 17th day on IP. Approximately 11 pounds down so far.

I have been searching high and low for a tofu pancake recipe that is IP friendly. The closest I found called for 3 eggs whites, psyllium husk, protein powder and milk.

I took a risk and modified the recipe to include 3 egg whites, 2-3 tbsp of isopure vanilla protein powder, a dash of lorann oil butterscotch and cream cheese flavouring, cinnamon, vanilla extract, a pinch of baking powder and two tbsps of tofu.

For vegans I suspect that you can replace the egg white entirely with tofu. I kept it to a minimum so as to exceed my dinner protein allowance.

I blended everything together and then poured into a heated frying pan.

It took about 4-5 minutes to cook two pancakes. They were DELISH. I topped with SF Joseph's Maple Syrup and was in heaven. I highly recommend for those who want a sweet protein rich snack after using all 3 packets throughout the day. I just at less of dinner protein allowance to even it all out.

It got me thinking that I will probably cook this more often and replace my protein allowance entirely from time to time.

Last edited by thinkthin2011; 09-03-2015 at 11:31 PM.
thinkthin2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 01:44 PM   #2  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Nice alternative, thanks for sharing. It may be nice to pop it in the Alternatives thread, too, for future reference searches.
Briael is offline   Reply With Quote