Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2015, 10:31 PM   #16  
Ready to reboot

S/C/G: Reboot with 140 as my goal

Height: 5'4"

So don't try this at home. I bought 2 weeks of IP food the Monday before I left for a 9 day trip to Denver to help my parents cull and pack for a move to independent living. By Wednesday I was so busy even before I left that aside from some IP cappuccino in my morning coffee and an occasional pudding I was off IP but made sure I ate at least salads and meat protein. During my trip and stay, I cooked my parents IP compliant meals, was lucky to gulp down a protein drink sometime in the morning. An occasional lunch. Never did open my box of IP products. And lost 3.4 pounds while I was gone! (which on one hand makes me wonder why I am spending all this money when I lost that much weight not on IP products. But on the other hand... well anyway I was happy with the loss!!) Like I said, don't try this just to lose weight, it may have been a coincidence. Stay 100% on protocol.
Old 07-07-2015, 01:55 AM   #17  
Never Give Up!

S/C/G: 200/183/143

Congrats on the loss, Great Dane! I am starting week six of IP and have had a heavy travel schedule for work the past month.There have been a few days when eating OP was not possible, so I did the best I could with protein and veggies. While my losses were not quite as high as when I was totally OP, they were pretty close. Like you, it kind of made me wonder if I could do this on my own with real food...but I know I can't - if I could, I wouldn't need the plan in the first place!! But it does give me hope that I can sustain a heathier, lower carb way of living once I get to my goal.

I hope your parents are having a good transition to their new home!
Old 07-07-2015, 08:42 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 188/175/145

Height: 5'3"

Just a quick question...I think I got kicked out of Ketosis Sunday. I am bloated and up a few lbs. How long after you get kicked out do you get back in and how long does it take to drop the few lbs I put on?
Old 07-07-2015, 09:49 AM   #19  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

barri1970 from what I've read, it takes about a week to get your body back to where it was before getting knocked out of ketosis. That is why it just is not worth taking that little bite of this and that when its offered/available. Just hang in there, drink lots of water, and stay 100% OP. You may also be backed up some so try some smooth move tea or if in a real bind a couple of senna tablets. But stay close to home, if you know what I mean.
Old 07-07-2015, 10:55 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 188/175/145

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by frawniemae View Post
barri1970 from what I've read, it takes about a week to get your body back to where it was before getting knocked out of ketosis. That is why it just is not worth taking that little bite of this and that when its offered/available. Just hang in there, drink lots of water, and stay 100% OP. You may also be backed up some so try some smooth move tea or if in a real bind a couple of senna tablets. But stay close to home, if you know what I mean.
Thanks! I was hoping it would not be a week but I will certainly say that I have learned my lesson and will not be making the same mistake again!
Old 07-07-2015, 01:27 PM   #21  

Height: 5'4

frawniemae - yes! Janeva is so great! I created a binder full of recipes and her recipes take up about 50% of it. I've ordered her cookbook as well and can't wait until it arrives!
Old 07-08-2015, 10:07 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Posted in the 2015 thread also, but looking for Biotin recommendations to help cull the recent hair loss.

GD - lol! Imvho (as someone w/o a coach & only using alt-prods), sometimes our bodies need a bit of a shake up. I though for sure when I returned from our 5 day trip to Indianapolis, I was going to be +++ on the scale - ate low carb, but had too much meat and fats on foods. Imagine my shock when the scale registered -6.0! That weekend was the first time in 4 months I really ate off plan. Do I recommend trying it - no, as I did it again this weekend, only this time add in a cob of corn, and I am still trying to bring the bloat down.
Not sure what the difference is (other than the corn which I know didn't cause 2.5#'s of weight gain, even if it was buttered...) - better safe than sorry
Old 07-08-2015, 10:56 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hysteria_625 View Post
Posted in the 2015 thread also, but looking for Biotin recommendations to help cull the recent hair loss.
When I switched clinics a few months ago, my coach recommended Biotin. I buy it at GNC, it's a 600 mg tablet and I take 2 a day.
Old 07-08-2015, 01:43 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 145/120/125

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hysteria_625 View Post
Beth -- I used these from Costco: Nature's Bounty Hair Skin Nails Softgels. 5000 mcg per serving. I took them maybe every 2-3 days.

I think they work, or maybe the hair loss just slowed on its own once I phased off. Lots of little hairs growing back now, so I hope the whole hair loss thing was temporary (and I hope the weight loss thing was not!). Good luck
Old 07-08-2015, 02:32 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Thanks everyone! I am pretty vigilant about the supplements I take and try to avoid ones made in China. I also worry about getting too much of a supplement like this as my only symptom is the hair loss - no dry, cracked lips / skin, extreme fatigue, etc. apparently biotin deficiency is rare and my goodness I eat more food that contain biotin now (cauliflower, eggs!) than before
Old 07-09-2015, 11:35 AM   #26  

I started IP last week, and this is my first post here on 3FC!

I'm a 31-year old 6' man whose seen his weight jump from around 175 five years ago up to around 235. I had been floating around this 230 area for the past year, and finally wanted to get back to a reasonable weight. I started eating healthier in June, then decided to start IP. I had to wait a little while before there was an opening at the clinic near me, but I finally had my first consult last Monday, and started IP last Wednesday. I go in for my first weigh-in today!

So far, I haven't really had any problems with the diet, and have been following it 100%. I was hungry the first couple of days, but I feel fine now, with lots of energy, and no real food cravings. My wife also started doing a Paleo diet, so we eat the same dinner, which helps a lot (although she still gets to have some things I can't, and she's still enjoying the occaisional drink).

Current progress (all from my own scale, except the IP weigh-in with clothes)
End of May: 233.4
6/29 - IP consult: 224.0 (227.0 in-office weigh-in w/ clothes)
7/01 - Start IP: 219.6
7/08 - Yesterday: 212.2

So, I'm currently down 21.2 since May, 11.8 since my consultation last week, and 7.4 since starting IP.

I'm pretty happy with my progress so far, and hope it continues! Although I'm sure it will start to slow down a bit.

Last edited by twoskoops; 07-09-2015 at 11:46 AM.
Old 07-09-2015, 11:42 AM   #27  

Default Beck Diet Solution Daily Tip

Wednesday Sabotage: I don’t want to get on the scale because I think I’ve gained weight.

Response: This is when it’s MOST important to get on the scale so I hold myself accountable. Not getting on the scale will prolong being off track; getting on it will help me start moving forward again. What I want in this moment is to be back on track and getting on the scale will enable that.

Think Thin Thursday

Are you sleeping enough? It’s important to remember that adequate sleep is critical for so many things, including keeping hunger and cravings under control. For weight loss AND for good health, sleep is just as important as healthy eating and exercise. Make it a priority!

Last edited by lisa32989; 07-09-2015 at 11:42 AM.
Old 07-09-2015, 12:01 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 126(PM)/116(PM)/100(AM)

Height: 4'11

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Wednesday Sabotage: I don’t want to get on the scale because I think I’ve gained weight.

Response: This is when it’s MOST important to get on the scale so I hold myself accountable. Not getting on the scale will prolong being off track; getting on it will help me start moving forward again. What I want in this moment is to be back on track and getting on the scale will enable that.

Think Thin Thursday

Are you sleeping enough? It’s important to remember that adequate sleep is critical for so many things, including keeping hunger and cravings under control. For weight loss AND for good health, sleep is just as important as healthy eating and exercise. Make it a priority!
funny that you mention the Wednesday Sabotage part. I was doing so well for the 1st 3 weeks of my being on IP, then on the 4th week, while on my period, I lost only about half a pound. I spiraled out of control and binged for 3 days due to my awful TOM cravings AND negative thoughts/feelings about only losing 1/2 a pound. I have my first weigh in today (since before I cheated) and KNOW I have gained quite a bit (hopefully mostly water weight). so nervous but need to get it done and over with! starting fresh for sure, though! will stay 100% OP
Old 07-09-2015, 12:13 PM   #29  
Restarted IP 7/3/2017

S/C/G: 273 / 269.8 / 173

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoskoops View Post
So, I'm currently down 21.2 since May, 11.8 since my consultation last week, and 7.4 since starting IP.

I'm pretty happy with my progress so far, and hope it continues! Although I'm sure it will start to slow down a bit.
Welcome, and way to go! Your progress is fantastic, and it's great that you have done your homework and know the losses may slow down. Being ready for it helps you keep at it when it finally does happen.

I've been away for about a week now. I reasoned that I didn't have time to read and post, but really I was a little ashamed to show my face!

I fell off the wagon. HARD.

Not going to get into details, but I was terrible. Like, gorged-myself-on-awful-things terrible. I had a headache all night, and was hit with the C for four days afterwards and it was awful and uncomfortable.

But I got back on the wagon the day after. I'm back to my low weight from mid- last week, and I'm considering that to be my weigh in for last week since my scale read that I was up 3.5 pounds after that fiasco.

I needed to confess, but the main point of this post is that I'm back 100% OP. Nothing is irreparable.
Old 07-09-2015, 12:35 PM   #30  

Thanks Shark! And congrats on getting back OP despite your setback!
BTW, what does "hit with the C" mean? Cramps?
Closed Thread