3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Maintainers Vol.19 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/304927-maintainers-vol-19-a.html)

pishposhappelsauce 08-18-2015 09:28 AM

For those with popcorn addiction, I actually love Boom Chicka Pop lightly sweet flavor. I get huge bags from costco for $5 and can find it at target too and some grocery stores. And if you like savory over sweet, their spicy flavor and sea salt flavors are very good. They have a white cheddar flavor but I haven't tried it.

The regular smartfood white cheddar popcorn is 160 calories, 10 g fat, 12 net carbs per 1.75 cups. Boom chicka pop white cheddar is 150 calories, 9 g fat, 12 net carbs per 2.5 cups, so about the same, but more popcorn. Their lightly sweet flavor is 120 calories, 18 net carbs, 4 g fat per 3.25 cups.

Grateful4Health 08-18-2015 05:33 PM

Hi everyone.

Andrea I hope your trip goes well and your phasing off also.

Liana I figured out your tablet post:). I understand about the salt ...

Jenny, I just posted a massive post over in the Oct. 2013 thread so I won't repost here..... http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/5194638-post55.html
I think I'm going to have to skip the nut butter for a while when I get back to P4 and see how that goes. I think I head for it when I actually need protein but it's not a good source of protein for me - I should consider it a condiment like butter.

Murrcat I'm right with you.

Hello to everyone else, hope the week is going well.

canadjineh 08-18-2015 08:05 PM

I think part of my problem is that I leave for work a tiny bit early then pick up some groceries in the patrol car (I have a cooler bag) so that I don't have to make two trips into town (20 km/12 miles)from home during the day. That leaves me with a long night ahead and yummy groceries sitting in my back seat. So it's easy to open the bag of Que Pasa Tortilla Chips and just munch out of the 400 g bag mindlessly. I was actually tempted to use my teeth on the plastic wrap of the 500g bar of old cheddar and just bite off chunks as I drove.
Some whacked out cheese & chip fiend takes my body over late at night! It might make for a good scary horror flick, hahahaha!
http://www.picturesanimations.com/m/monster/18.gif
Liana

ps I didn't open the cheese though, lol.

Grateful4Health 08-18-2015 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canadjineh (Post 5194690)
I think part of my problem is that I leave for work a tiny bit early then pick up some groceries in the patrol car (I have a cooler bag) so that I don't have to make two trips into town (20 km/12 miles)from home during the day. That leaves me with a long night ahead and yummy groceries sitting in my back seat. So it's easy to open the bag of Que Pasa Tortilla Chips and just munch out of the 400 g bag mindlessly. I was actually tempted to use my teeth on the plastic wrap of the 500g bar of old cheddar and just bite off chunks as I drove.
Some whacked out cheese & chip fiend takes my body over late at night! It might make for a good scary horror flick, hahahaha!
http://www.picturesanimations.com/m/monster/18.gif
Liana

ps I didn't open the cheese though, lol.

:carrot::carrot::carrot:
yay cheese closed
giggle
i like that monster:)

catlady1981 08-19-2015 01:49 PM

Hi Ladies!

I am still at the same place I was 2 days ago. But that's ok.

Amber: I read your post over in 2013 and I feel ya. I will be doing the same thing, but I hope for both our sakes its not 6-8 weeks. Oh my gosh, that seems like a long time for 10-12 lbs. But no wait.. at 2 lbs a week, maybe that is right. Oh dear....

Liana: Love the monster! Maybe you could make the grocery stop after you finish work instead of before? Or do you get done at 4am and the store is closed?

Jenny: Yes. I'm going on holiday to NYC. My daughter has finished her internship and we are going to have some fun in the Big Apple!

I am beyond excited. It will be hard to sleep tonight. I have to get up at 4:30 am to make my flight.

Grateful4Health 08-19-2015 02:34 PM

Andrea have a great time!!!

I actually feel really great today. My body responded really well to being on P1 yesterday. A bit of a headache but nothing like the first time.
Overall I feel like I am learning a lot of really valuable information and learning a lot about my body, and I'm considering it an adventure.
I'm thrilled to get the up lbs back off, that was really bothering me.

I'll let you know how it goes....

canadjineh 08-20-2015 02:35 AM

Andrea:
"They sentenced me to twenty years of boredom
For trying to change the system from within
I'm coming now, I'm coming to reward them
First we take Manhattan, then we take Berlin."

Hahaha, you and your daughter have loads of fun and don't spend too much, a body could go crazy there for clothes & shoes, bwahahaha.

I can't shop after work because I get off at 5 am. And I'm afraid even if I could, I would end up snacking during the 20 minute drive home. :s:
Liana

ImASharkIPromise 08-20-2015 10:06 AM

Morning all!

I'm trying a foray into maintenance until I'm ready for Phase 1 again... I was wondering what your typical target for net carbs is each day? MFP is suggesting 214 gross (not net) carbs for me, which seems rather high...

canadjineh 08-20-2015 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImASharkIPromise (Post 5195146)
Morning all!

I'm trying a foray into maintenance until I'm ready for Phase 1 again... I was wondering what your typical target for net carbs is each day? MFP is suggesting 214 gross (not net) carbs for me, which seems rather high...

Yikes Sharkie! I'd definitely stick to 100 net or even less depending on your body sensitivity to carbs. When I was following plan I could eat between 100-150 net carbs a day, but that's me... BTW I am back on plan again to lose that last 3 or 4 lbs. You can reset MFP ratios to what you prefer but may have to do it from a desktop/laptop and not a mobile device. (not sure though). MFP will also add even more carbs to your goal if you are exercising, just ignore that, lol.

Liana

marcibeaucoup 08-20-2015 04:28 PM

Hi Maintainers and Happy Friday Eve!

Andrea -- Have a wonderful time! My one and only time in NYC, I crossed over the George Washington Bridge at 2:00 a.m. (in bumper-to-bumper traffic) while listening to Billy Joel's "New York State of Mind". It really IS the city that never sleeps. I'd love to go back -- only this time with more spending money. Heh.

I had a question for you gals that are going back to P1 to drop a few creep pounds -- do you continue exercising or do you slow down or even stop while on P1? I did not work out much while on IP, but once I went into maintenance, I kicked into high gear and I now do something nearly every single day, whether it be Jillian Michaels' videos or running (and when I run, I'm doing 60 minutes of intervals, 2 minutes of hard running and 1 minute of fast walking). I want to drop the 3-4 pounds I've put on, thanks to a 5-lb container of Red Vines that is sitting on the end of my counter, mocking me.

Tips? Suggestions? Tricks?

Hope this finds everyone happy and healthy! :)

canadjineh 08-20-2015 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marcibeaucoup (Post 5195250)
Hi Maintainers and Happy Friday Eve!

Andrea -- Have a wonderful time! My one and only time in NYC, I crossed over the George Washington Bridge at 2:00 a.m. (in bumper-to-bumper traffic) while listening to Billy Joel's "New York State of Mind". It really IS the city that never sleeps. I'd love to go back -- only this time with more spending money. Heh.

I had a question for you gals that are going back to P1 to drop a few creep pounds -- do you continue exercising or do you slow down or even stop while on P1? I did not work out much while on IP, but once I went into maintenance, I kicked into high gear and I now do something nearly every single day, whether it be Jillian Michaels' videos or running (and when I run, I'm doing 60 minutes of intervals, 2 minutes of hard running and 1 minute of fast walking). I want to drop the 3-4 pounds I've put on, thanks to a 5-lb container of Red Vines that is sitting on the end of my counter, mocking me.

Tips? Suggestions? Tricks?

Hope this finds everyone happy and healthy! :)

OK.... clueless Canadian here.... what's a 5 lb container of Red Vines? Are those strawberry shoelace licorice? Just a guess?...
RE: maintenance reboot exercise. Since I do Alternative Diabetic P2 as my 'reboot' I stick with my regular exercise. That may be different for someone who is strict P1 regular protocol. Depends on how your body feels during and after the exercise session.

Liana

marcibeaucoup 08-21-2015 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canadjineh (Post 5195280)
OK.... clueless Canadian here.... what's a 5 lb container of Red Vines? Are those strawberry shoelace licorice? Just a guess?...
RE: maintenance reboot exercise. Since I do Alternative Diabetic P2 as my 'reboot' I stick with my regular exercise. That may be different for someone who is strict P1 regular protocol. Depends on how your body feels during and after the exercise session.

Liana

Oh, Liana -- it is red licorice, in a five pound tub. Eeee-ville. :)

I think I'm going to try strict calorie restriction and continuing to exercise. I don't want to lose any fitness ground I've gained. Thanks for your help!

marcibeaucoup 08-22-2015 03:35 PM

Liana

I have done a search but I cannot find the diabetic protocol -- do you have a link to it or an idea of how I could search better to find it?

Thanks for your help!

[Edited to Say -- No worries -- I found a set of sheets for Alternative in all phases! Thank you!]

Jenny38 08-24-2015 09:34 PM

Merci- I keep exercising on my reboot and always add the extra protein and depending on the exercise may add the oatmeal in the morning.

Andrea - have a great trip

Liana- love the red monster. Good work not opening the cheese

I have been working out pretty hard core over the past week. Hit goal weight 163.5 on Thursday and held it pretty well throughout the weekend but did dip into some skinny pop popcorn and went to family BBQ with some delicious smoked meat. Did way better than last year. Ran 14km and biked 68km this weekend. The scale is up 3 but I'm pretty confident it is inflammation and likely salt. Trying to stick to cleaner eating P1 lunch and I should add breakfast in. I don't feel it or see it on my stomach which is where it would be if it's fat lbs. I feel like I'm always thinking/planning what I eat. It's never ending

Grateful4Health 08-25-2015 10:55 AM

Hi Everyone -

Good luck Marci with this next phase - keep letting us know how it goes with combining Alt P1 with the exercise.

Jenny that's amazing! 14km plus 68 biking! All while on a reboot. Impressive.

Shark, I hope maintenance is going well this week. Andrea - let us know how NY went - and Liana - how are those late nights?

I finished my first full week of the P1 reboot, down 8lbs so technically half way there but under no illusions that it's going to be that fast the rest of the time - also with awareness about the glycogen loss, and that most of those up lbs I had gained in just a few weeks, so likely was mostly water anyway. STILL I am happy they are gone and that I'm on the way back down.