Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2015, 04:12 PM   #31  
Ready to Reboot!

S/C/G: 165.8/161.4/150 (Reboot 2)

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MntRose View Post
I am not one hundred percent positive but I would think you would want a little 'wiggle room' so if I were aiming for a size, I would wait till I was comfortably in the size I was going for, then perhaps see what I weighed at that point. Take inventory of how I felt and possibly aim for just two or three more pounds? The part that makes me unsure is if regaining those glycogen stores they warn us about adds any inches? I bet you will get someone to weigh in with their experiences on this. Also to consider if you start (as in you haven't been yet) doing exercises that will tone you up after phase 1, perhaps there would be no need for that extra two or three pounds to lose.
Good luck and you are so SO close to your goal! Keep up the awesome work you are doing!
Thank You!!! That makes complete sense. I haven't been exercising besides walking and carrying around a 25 lb toddler here and there. I need to consider the gain due to glycogen stores and/or muscle mass increase.
Old 06-10-2015, 06:35 PM   #32  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MntRose View Post
Welcome back Briael, I was starting to wonder about you and your walk about across the pond. Glad you have made it back to us Hope you share some of your stories of your travels. Also your new avatar picture looks awesome, is that your new jacket? and who is the lovely lady with you?

Thanks MntRose. That's my sister behind me, on Cromer pier on a day that was so cold the icecream seemed warm in comparison. Nothing beats a north wind on the east coast of England for chill factor. It is, indeed, my new jacket - which fits rather too snugly at present.

To share my stories would involve lots and lots of tales of meals, which may not be so helpful while we're all trying to be good. LOL
Old 06-10-2015, 10:01 PM   #33  
Started IP 1/25/13

S/C/G: started IP @210/194/150

Height: 5"1'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briael View Post
Thanks MntRose. That's my sister behind me, on Cromer pier on a day that was so cold the icecream seemed warm in comparison. Nothing beats a north wind on the east coast of England for chill factor. It is, indeed, my new jacket - which fits rather too snugly at present.

To share my stories would involve lots and lots of tales of meals, which may not be so helpful while we're all trying to be good. LOL
Well at some point I would love to here them, even if it needs to be private. I have always wanted to visit England and I hope someday to get there.

Got a call from my brother today, instead of waiting till my mother is ready for her cancer treatments in roughly 6 months, he wants me out there now (ar as soon as I can get there. I am so stressed because I am thinking this means instead of the roughly 6 weeks I was offering it sounds like he wants me there for 6 to 8 months?) I don't have nearly that much savings to pay all my bills while I am there helping with mom. I want to be there and help but I don't want to go into debt while doing it I am so torn right now and not knowing anything, not even what stage she is in right now doesn't help either. *takes a really deep breath and lets it out slowly*

If I am on FMLA can I get a part time job while I am on it? I am guessing that's about the only way I will balance this.

Last edited by MntRose; 06-10-2015 at 10:03 PM.
Old 06-10-2015, 10:05 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 132/123.8/115

Height: 5' 3

Default advice needed

Hello all-

So I am on going on day 4 of Phase 3. Crazy story, but I was SO fortunate to be on a private yacht for 2 days in the Bahamas (just got back today). I did take a cooler of veggies, greek yogurt, chopped salad, some protein (Boar's head turkey)and dressing. There is a chef on board and he cooked meals for us. I could not be rude so I put food on my plate with his protein and veggies (both not cooked the way it should, of course- lots of sauce I tried to avoid) and then ate my food somewhat on the sly.

Tomorrow -I don't know if I should step on the scale just to see the damage. What are your thoughts?

Also, if I am up a pound or 2, should I just continue on maintenance? I really want to stay on maintenance and then hope to get to the "Life" phase and lose then with some exercise and smart eating. What do you veterans out there think?
Old 06-10-2015, 10:06 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Amanda - welcome back! You're so supportive of everyone here - we got your back lady and are you on as you get back on track! I'll bet you'll be surprised how quick much of the weight goes hope we get to see a few more pictures

Holy cow I FOUND RHUBARB!!!! For the NoVa iPeeps, I had gone to Food Lion, Giant, and Shoppers. I finally got over to our Korean grocery (Global Foods) and they had a huge bin!!!
Came straight home and made Janeaves Rhubarb Compote- OMG, just by itself it's amazing...but then I made a plain vanilla protein pancake, wrapped a serving of the compote in it and poured a little WF syrup on - heaven on earth

Fun / creepy NSV today...got wolf whistled at while walking tonight lol

Hubby was also looking at me rather funny tonight (I wore a pair of new shorts and a ladies T)...He told me he "likes looking at me" that just made my day
Old 06-11-2015, 01:45 AM   #36  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootros View Post
Hello all-

So I am on going on day 4 of Phase 3. Crazy story, but I was SO fortunate to be on a private yacht for 2 days in the Bahamas (just got back today). I did take a cooler of veggies, greek yogurt, chopped salad, some protein (Boar's head turkey)and dressing. There is a chef on board and he cooked meals for us. I could not be rude so I put food on my plate with his protein and veggies (both not cooked the way it should, of course- lots of sauce I tried to avoid) and then ate my food somewhat on the sly.

Tomorrow -I don't know if I should step on the scale just to see the damage. What are your thoughts?

Also, if I am up a pound or 2, should I just continue on maintenance? I really want to stay on maintenance and then hope to get to the "Life" phase and lose then with some exercise and smart eating. What do you veterans out there think?
Bootros -
I’m sure you’ll get lots of good input. Here’s my two cents:
Do what your body seems to need.
I think it’s important to Phase out on P3, that’s my intuition and also may people share that it’s been important to them.
I think if getting on the scale helps you and you’re not going to freak out mentally, it’s a good benchmark, but keep in mind any increase is water.
For me seeing the scale keeps me on track and keeps my mind calm.

I think the best thing is just stay as tight as you can on P3 until it’s over - jump right back in tomorrow morning.
And, that’s just truly my two cents, I don’t have any medical knowledge other than my own self education and my own mistakes and realizations…
you are the ultimate authority on what you need.
Old 06-11-2015, 06:47 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 132/123.8/115

Height: 5' 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grateful4Health View Post
Bootros -
I’m sure you’ll get lots of good input. Here’s my two cents:
Do what your body seems to need.
I think it’s important to Phase out on P3, that’s my intuition and also may people share that it’s been important to them.
I think if getting on the scale helps you and you’re not going to freak out mentally, it’s a good benchmark, but keep in mind any increase is water.
For me seeing the scale keeps me on track and keeps my mind calm.

I think the best thing is just stay as tight as you can on P3 until it’s over - jump right back in tomorrow morning.
And, that’s just truly my two cents, I don’t have any medical knowledge other than my own self education and my own mistakes and realizations…
you are the ultimate authority on what you need.
Thanks Amber- I hopped on that scale that scale this morning and didn't gain a pound! I am so excited! Thank you for your advice as always.
Old 06-11-2015, 08:09 AM   #38  

Quote:
if I am up a pound or 2, should I just continue on maintenance? I really want to stay on maintenance and then hope to get to the "Life" phase and lose then with some exercise and smart eating. What do you veterans out there think?
Bootros
You may get more answers in the maintainers thread

Last edited by lisa32989; 06-11-2015 at 08:09 AM.
Old 06-11-2015, 08:10 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Hello all-

I was going to say just keep on with P3 and finish off, then keep it lower cal/carb for a bit in maintenance until you lose the gain, but it looks like you don't have to worry!! Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by hysteria_625 View Post
Amanda - welcome back! You're so supportive of everyone here - we got your back lady and are you on as you get back on track! I'll bet you'll be surprised how quick much of the weight goes hope we get to see a few more pictures

Holy cow I FOUND RHUBARB!!!! For the NoVa iPeeps, I had gone to Food Lion, Giant, and Shoppers. I finally got over to our Korean grocery (Global Foods) and they had a huge bin!!!
Came straight home and made Janeaves Rhubarb Compote- OMG, just by itself it's amazing...but then I made a plain vanilla protein pancake, wrapped a serving of the compote in it and poured a little WF syrup on - heaven on earth

Fun / creepy NSV today...got wolf whistled at while walking tonight lol

Hubby was also looking at me rather funny tonight (I wore a pair of new shorts and a ladies T)...He told me he "likes looking at me" that just made my day
I haven't been able to find rhubarb, but I've put in an order to my parents for when theirs is ready. Your "treat" sounds delicious! And Yay for your NSV!!!
Old 06-11-2015, 08:38 AM   #40  
Restarted IP 7/3/2017

S/C/G: 273 / 269.8 / 173

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Thanks for the tip! I've been looking all over for rhubarb, never thought to check Global Foods...
Old 06-11-2015, 08:55 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 145/120/125

Height: 5'3

Bootros -- The two-days-on-a yacht-with-private-chef thing sure sounds awesome! So glad you were able to find a way to enjoy it and come back with no gain! I "third" what Amber and DD said above -- definitely finish out P3 for the whole two weeks. You are doing so great, and it's actually a very comforting phase ... right before the potential freefall of maintenance! In fact, I find myself eating P3-ish many days of the week, even now. It's just easy.
Old 06-11-2015, 08:57 AM   #42  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Default I'm back

Morning folks...I'm back on IP after gaining all of my weight back.
Not thrilled but at least I know what I need to do.

I have one question...I remember reading about using eggs as a substitute for a packet but I don't remember how many...Can anyone remind me?

Glad to see this site is still so active. I'll be lurking.
Old 06-11-2015, 09:16 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImASharkIPromise View Post
Thanks for the tip! I've been looking all over for rhubarb, never thought to check Global Foods...
Shark - fyi, this was fresh that I found (in Woodbridge) I didn't even think to go check the freezer section (just in case) - I will tonight and let you know. hope you find it!
Old 06-11-2015, 09:27 AM   #44  
Restarted IP 7/3/2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskuby View Post
Morning folks...I'm back on IP after gaining all of my weight back.
Not thrilled but at least I know what I need to do.

I have one question...I remember reading about using eggs as a substitute for a packet but I don't remember how many...Can anyone remind me?

Glad to see this site is still so active. I'll be lurking.
I'm sorry to see you back on IP, but glad you're able to commit to your health and have the willpower to join us again! I gained back all of the weight I lost on IP 2 years ago as well, but this time around I find myself much more geared towards an overall healthy lifestyle rather than waiting out a punishment.

You can substitute a packet with either 2 eggs, or 1 egg and 3 egg whites. On the weekends, I like to have scrambled eggs with green peppers or over-easy eggs over chayote hash browns for lunch. Yummo!

Last edited by ImASharkIPromise; 06-11-2015 at 09:30 AM.
Old 06-11-2015, 09:29 AM   #45  
Restarted IP 7/3/2017

Quote:
Shark - fyi, this was fresh that I found (in Woodbridge) I didn't even think to go check the freezer section (just in case) - I will tonight and let you know. hope you find it!
Thanks Hysteria! I'm just glad this is the Woodbridge Global Foods. The Chantilly Global Foods is right around the corner from me, and I don't want the competition for rhubarb, lol!
Closed Thread