3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Community Weekday Chat started June 1 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/304325-ip-community-weekday-chat-started-june-1-a.html)

katyindc 06-04-2015 11:59 AM

Good Luck Frawnie! You are prepared. And have fun!

I don't have much advice to offer since I am on Day 5, but I remember that years ago when I did IP, when faced with eating Mexican (it seemed to be where my friends always wanted to go out to eat, ha), I would order chicken or seafood fajitas and ask for minimal oil when making it. Then I would just eat the meat and veggies, nothing else. I am sure it wasn't perfect, but it was doable and low carb and I still lost weight those weeks. If in a bind, you can always just eat meat and veggies!

Kellyc14 06-04-2015 12:02 PM

Hello!! I haven't posted in a while, but i've been lurking. Life has been crazy busy lately. I'm still plugging along! I went to the doctor for my annual check up this week and when the medical assistant put my weight in the computer an Alert came up, she said, have you recently lost a lot of weight? lol I said a lil bit. lol

My doctor was very proud of me and asked what weight I wanted to get down to, I said, 140 and he said, you aren't a teenager anymore! I think 150-155 would be reasonable. :) And my blood work came back perfect!!

I put on 8 lbs since my dad passed away but I am down 4 this week, so I'm back on track. I'm ready to get this last 30 lbs off.

I'm happy to see that you ladies are all doing well!!!

momat40 06-04-2015 12:07 PM

Five days back on since vacation and feel great. Resisted last day of school treats and smores two nights ago. Really knowing how bad my body reacts to sugar is helping me keep focused. New reality in my life.

Kiddos are home now and will incorporate swimming and walking with them in the afternoons after work.

Happy thursday and summer everyone

oneuh2 06-04-2015 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kellyc14 (Post 5170707)
Hello!! I haven't posted in a while, but i've been lurking. Life has been crazy busy lately. I'm still plugging along! I went to the doctor for my annual check up this week and when the medical assistant put my weight in the computer an Alert came up, she said, have you recently lost a lot of weight? lol I said a lil bit. lol

My doctor was very proud of me and asked what weight I wanted to get down to, I said, 140 and he said, you aren't a teenager anymore! I think 150-155 would be reasonable. :) And my blood work came back perfect!!

I put on 8 lbs since my dad passed away but I am down 4 this week, so I'm back on track. I'm ready to get this last 30 lbs off.

I'm happy to see that you ladies are all doing well!!!

Welcome back, Kelly!!!! So glad to see you, and glad you getting back on track. :hug:

I did the bloodwork with my doc recently too and everything came back with perfect --notably reduced triglycerides from a year ago, just to put a cherry on top. It is very encouraging to have that kind of experience, isn't it? Congrats to you on the NSV!

We have missed you here and will be glad to have you with us going forward!!! Those extra pounds are not here to stay - you'll be working on new pounds any day now!;)

JJTx 06-04-2015 12:12 PM

Frawnie - we are a tex-mex eatin' family! I either do a salad with chicken or beef fajita meat, or I have also ordered a fajita plate and shared with my son - I ate the meat and peppers, he ate the rice, beans, guac and tortillas.

wb Kelly! :hug: glad that you are doing so well, and getting back on track

Grateful4Health 06-04-2015 12:13 PM

Frawniemae have a good trip:)

Kelly welcome back, great work on getting off the up lbs, grief and those situations cause so much stress on the body, that's a huge success just to go up a little and then start coming back down.

momat40 congrats on the work since vacation - my body handles sugar equally poorly.

Lisa thank you again for all of your quotes. Hope your interview went well, your burns are better, and your life is calming down just a little.

MiWi 06-04-2015 12:18 PM

I went to my first OBGYN annual check-up since I had my kiddo last April, and my doctor was totally supportive of my weight loss. She wasn't even pressuring me to lose more...although I am going to continue to lose for a couple of more months either in Phase 1 or Phase 2, but I was just so happy to show her that I wasn't going to end up a statistic and carry that baby weight forever and ever.

Also the end is in sight for me. My hubby and I are probably going to be phasing off together in July. So exciting to be that close. Our respective Clinics are totally in support of this, and I am totally happy to have taken this journey with him all the way from start to finish.

Good to read about the positive changes IP has had to all of us. I love this forum. I may not be a big poster, but I am a big reader and you all have motivated more than you know.

DeterminedDieter 06-04-2015 12:24 PM

Frawniemae you are doing great and know what to do, you will do just fine. Have a great trip!

Kelly, good to "hear" from you, and great job getting back on track!

momat40, way to flex your willpower muscle! I have a treat of smores planned for the end of the month (I'm in maintenance), and will have to flex mine to make sure I don't over do it!

Lisa, I missed what's going on with you, but hope things are going well now. And as G4H mentioned I hope your interview went well!

There's a forest fire about 1km from our neighbour, and I'm trying not to panic and go get my dogs and cat, as we've been assured that no residential areas are in danger. But it's still a bit stressful, it's pretty windy today and it can spread so quickly... My mom worked dispatch at the local forestry office, so I'm getting her to give me updates in case I have to rush home. Thankfully I am only 5 minutes from home.

I hope everyone is having a strong OP day!

Kellyc14 06-04-2015 12:42 PM

Thank you!! I am glad to be back!! and excited to get closer to my goal. I've been on IP for over a year now!!! :o I have not eaten bread, pasta, potatoes, or sugar in over a year!! And the best part is, I don't even want it!! When I strayed it was with alcohol, cheese, avocado and pepperoni. Maybe it's best that I deviated from the path so that my body hasn't been low calorie for that long? (minus the alcohol!!)

MiWi 06-04-2015 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeterminedDieter (Post 5170723)
There's a forest fire about 1km from our neighbour, and I'm trying not to panic and go get my dogs and cat, as we've been assured that no residential areas are in danger. But it's still a bit stressful, it's pretty windy today and it can spread so quickly... My mom worked dispatch at the local forestry office, so I'm getting her to give me updates in case I have to rush home. Thankfully I am only 5 minutes from home.

I hope everyone is having a strong OP day!

I would feel the same way about checking on my pets. Remember today is hug a cat day...don't forget to hug yours. Hugging a pet decreases stress which decreases cortisol which decreases cravings which increases our SUCCESS!!!

Briael 06-05-2015 04:06 AM

Maybe it's just that I'm chronically nosy and like to read what everyone is up to, but I like ALL the threads. They all have value for me, they are all slightly different in tone (I guess that would be the "new" personalities coming into the mix) and I don 't feel excluded from any particular thread. Some are simply not relevant for me at all, some not relevant for my current stage of IP and some are really "bang on trend".

I like to share information that I find, which is why I may be perceived as a "know it all" by some, but I know that if I am interested others will be, too, so I try not to get bent out of shape when others have differing opinions.

The fact is that we're all here for the same reason - to lose the excess weight - and we all have periods when being in contact with others in a similar situation can be the difference between staying on IP and falling out of it.

Now that I'm back, I'll be reading through all the threads and getting some more ideas flowing with my endless links to "interesting" articles out there on the internet.

For some of the new folks who have joined us since March - we have a group of people who are using My Fitness Pal to track food and/or exercise. It's a backstop to help us keep each other honest with food. We are always happy to include someone who is a current user, or to encourage people to sign up for it (it's free) as tracking food can help you see what is going wrong when weight loss slows. My user name is the same, feel free to add me. Please PM your 3FC name if you're using a different one on MFP as I don't accept random invites (hate the spam I always seem to get from strangers).

Let's hope June is our month to invigorate the Daily Chat thread, as people will be floating in and out during the traditional vacation months. :)

Edit: It occurred to me that one of the reasons I think the monthly/quarterly threads have succeeded is because we often see a focus on one particular aspect of this journey. Maybe we should consider doing something similar with the daily thread? Like - this week we hone in on drinking all our water. Such a topic would naturally include a reminder to check the caloric/carb content of any additive or tea mix, and also let people share which sweeteners they have found to inhibit weight loss. I haven't had issues with sucralose or the sugar alcohols, but sensitivies vary and knowing what is available and what works for the majority may help encourage those who see slowdowns.

Loser13 06-05-2015 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJTx (Post 5170544)
1 egg = 2 oz
So you would do 6 oz at dinner

Thanks.

Loser13 06-05-2015 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frawniemae (Post 5170627)
Heading to San Antonio to visit the BIL. Not really sure where we'll eat but I have my broccoli, cauliflower and boiled eggs packed! With all the Mexican restaurants, I'm fairly certain we'll hit at least one while there. I'll nibble on my protein chips while they gobble the chips and salsa! And while they chow down on those fresh tortillas, I'll munch on lettuce. BUT I will return home minus at least a pound!
Have a great OP weekend!

Just love your determination! I know you WILL do it! Have a great visiti!

simplchaos 06-05-2015 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oneuh2 (Post 5169760)
Wonderful NSV with the clothing and swimsuit!

Some extra fat will not likely kick you out of ketosis - don't beat yourself up over this -- you did so much that was exactly right trying to stay on program -- it was a learning moment, and you'll know in the future to ask for just a bit more customized prep. And don't forget - You are entitled to and expected to have some oil each day on program, ya know....

[QUOTE=lisa32989;5170105]This is why I usually forgo my restricted on days I have a restaurant meal. It is impossible to control for everything so I cut the restricted and just have 3 unrestricted packets instead.
The good news is that fat will NOT move you from ketosis (carbs do that). Some folks have found that a higher fat day from time-to-time actually seems to help WL.
Just continue the plan & carry on!

Thanks ladies. After a zero loss last week (my first) I'm happy to say I've lost 4 pounds so far this week. Still have two more days left.:carrot:

Mimi47 06-05-2015 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Briael (Post 5170943)
It occurred to me that one of the reasons I think the monthly/quarterly threads have succeeded is because we often see a focus on one particular aspect of this journey. Maybe we should consider doing something similar with the daily thread? Like - this week we hone in on drinking all our water.

I like this idea. Also, back to my desire to simplify researching within these threads, just want to suggest that using a Title when posting about a particular issue (if it's an especially informative post, in particular :)) would make those posts easier to search for. Eg, Water Additives. Of course, not every post will be about a specific issue, nor will every one need a title....

DD -- any update on the fire situation? Hope all is OK.

Kelly -- you sound like me in your preferred off-plan items. I'm in maintenance now and still not that interested in bread, potatoes, pasta. Really happy with how IP has kinda turned off that craving in me. If I do get enticed, I find it easier to shut the craving down by going back to my P1 mentality of "Don't do it!"

MiWi -- lucky to have such a supportive Dr. At my last gyn visit, my doc implied that she'd be surprised if I'd keep the weight off through my next appt. Part of me is determined to succeed in maintenance just to show her!

Yea, simplchaos!

Gardening Friday here. Filling our containers with colorful annuals and getting my herb garden back up to speed -- looking forward to enjoying the fresh herbs all summer. Might try my hand at some veggies again, though I can't say I've really ever had too much success with those. Too many creatures 'round here.