Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2015, 11:07 AM   #31  
IP start April 20, 2015

S/C/G: 227.5/136/140

Height: 5'4

Hi everyone. I'm new to IP. I just had my 3rd WI and I'm down another 3.5 lbs, for a total of 13. I'm cautiously optimistic because I've been down this road so many times. I haven't bought clothes in so long because I refuse to buy bigger clothes. My "fat" clothes are now so old and tight that I decided enough was enough and I'm totally committed now. I love reading all your posts. Keep up the great work!
Old 05-09-2015, 01:28 PM   #32  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Destony - sizing is a nightmare, because it seems that all brands have their own profile. Slim fit, straight fit, curvy fit and then the actual measurements on top of those.

Like you, it took me a while to drop sizes. At the lower weight, I now see size changes very quickly, almost from 2lbs to the next 2lbs in terms of quarter to half inch changes.

Good luck with your WI today, and congrats on the 14s. Onward and downward!

Cheryl - have you seen the recipe for hash browns for chayote squash? It's something I've been meaning to try, as hubby's favourite food is hash browns and it looks no harder than making cauli-rice!

Livinlrg - congrats on being in the right mindset to keep going this time. My personal philosophy is that we have to be in the right mental space to WANT to stay focused on the diet principles - even if we don't manage it 100% of the time. Just keep on making one decision, make it a better one than you would've done in the past and you'll get there!

I'm having a happy weekend so far - scales are showing a down again, despite bouncing up 2lbs earlier in the week. At a new low today, which encourages me to be good with food. Finally found a use for the cappuccino protein powder that I don't like as a drink - the strong flavour is really muted in a waffle!

Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend, and I hope all you mothers out there have a beautiful Mother's Day. For the furmoms, hope the paws let up on their demands and you get to relax and kickback for the day.
Old 05-09-2015, 02:54 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 187/182/130

Height: 5'4''

Briael...like what you said about being in the right mental space to WANT to to stay focused...
Rainy day here so bought a kart full of veggies and making purees...could not find jicama or chayote...asked about it...they did not know what i was talking about...oh well i do live in a small town with only a few grocery stores so will try in bigger outer community.
Old 05-09-2015, 08:29 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 212/125/140orig/130 chgd 9/5

Height: 5'4"

2.2 woo-hoo!!!!!
Old 05-09-2015, 09:13 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destony View Post
GOOD Saturday morning all!!
Again, thanks for the positive thoughts. Tuesday can't come and go fast enough. Day 1 without my multi vitamin, vitamin C and Omega supplement. I am taking the others, because to the best of my research, potassium, cal-mag, D and collagen don't have an real impact on blood thinning. Of course, this morning, I have terrible calf cramps. (I refuse to believe that it has anything whatsoever to do with the fact that I wore flip flops all day yesterday-lol)
Anyhow, today is WI in about an hour. NSV for me this morning, I got in to a size 14 pair of jeans!! Yahoo. It floors me that all this time and weight and I am just now starting to be able to drop 1 size. To make it a bit more frustrating, it really depends on the cut of the jeans. Some I can, some I can't. Yet, there are a pair of 16's that I just was able to get in to last week. I'll take it though. I may not last all day in them...breathing- that's tough, and I am doing all the "tricks" you know, squatting to stretch a bit and all that. Was a gorgeous warm day yesterday, today..no not so much. Cool, damp sweatshirt weather.
I have come to the conclusion (as an admitted clothes hoarder) that a 14 now is substantially different from a 14 ten years ago- or even 5-6 years ago. At some point I am going to try to prove this. I figure I'll go in and try on a pair of women's 12's when I get to the 12's in my closet (they'll be 10 years old, but the styles of Levi's tend to stay the same) and see if there is a difference in how they fit (tightness).
Grocery shopping last night, I went out on a limb to try something different-(apparently a bit of a theme for us all this weekend from what I have read) I bout some Chaote (?) and Jicama. I have seen them mentioned so many times on here, I thought I would give them a shot. I'll look to Rainbow's threads to see what suggestions are out there for preparation. If you all have any faves with them, let me know! ☺
SGThat's great!! Isn't it fun to shop? I do love Kohl's. Found the CUTEST skorts 2 weeks ago, ones with lobsters and ones with abchors. I'll be able to wear them this season along with all the ones I bought last year that just didn't fit.

I hope that you all have a wonderful Saturday!!! Happy Mother's Day to everyone!!!
Destony - This morning I finally got into a storage bin of clothes I put away 3/4 years ago - work slacks and jeans varying in size from 12 - 16 and L / XL tops. The 12's I know are from 2004...some of the 14's are older - and while most of the 14's fit me pretty well, some of the 16's (newer - Gloria Vanderbilt) were almost too tight. It has to be the cut...but clothes sizes are weird

So huge NSV today - almost all my old work clothes fit For the first time in years, I am going to be able to wear my summer slacks!
Old 05-09-2015, 11:35 PM   #36  
Start: 5/7/14

S/C/G: 205/137/145

Height: 5'6"

Default One Year

Ok - it's just late enough on a Saturday night that no one I know IRL will see this. Attached (hopefully) are my before/after pix. Still plenty of fluff and sag but well worth all the 100% P1 days.

STICK WITH IT, iPeeps. You'll be glad you did.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg unnamed.jpg (30.5 KB, 53 views)
Old 05-10-2015, 12:33 AM   #37  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyranny View Post
Ok - it's just late enough on a Saturday night that no one I know IRL will see this. Attached (hopefully) are my before/after pix. Still plenty of fluff and sag but well worth all the 100% P1 days.

Great pix!!! Thanks for sharing - I don't see sag - you look great!!!
Old 05-10-2015, 02:03 AM   #38  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Quote:

Congrats, you look great.
Old 05-10-2015, 07:25 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by livinlrg View Post
Hi everyone. I'm new to IP. I just had my 3rd WI and I'm down another 3.5 lbs, for a total of 13. I'm cautiously optimistic because I've been down this road so many times. I haven't bought clothes in so long because I refuse to buy bigger clothes. My "fat" clothes are now so old and tight that I decided enough was enough and I'm totally committed now. I love reading all your posts. Keep up the great work!
Been there...good luck to you. Just follow the guidelines and you will do great..

Quote:

You look great! 1 year photos is a great idea...

Love Jiciama...I have it in my lunch salad every day. Really nice to add that crunch. Chayote I love with cinnimon and stivia....cooked in the microwave like baked apples. Yum!

Sizes are so different! I can still wear some 18's that I have, yet all my 16 capris are big on me. It felt like it took forever to get from 22/24 where I started to that 18, but once there the sizes seem to be falling off quickly...good thing I am such a master shopper LOL... I did not buy any new winter stuff on clearance...I usually do really well at the Khols clearance racks, but I am uncertain of what I will be in by the winter. I am hopefull all my clothes will be too big LOL.... I already know I need a new winter coat..mine was huge all year. I did buy one a few years ago that was a wrap belted one which was my saving grace this winter.

Dinner tonight with Mom and my family. I think I may hit Avenue with the last of my coupons. I used to shop that store all the time unfortunalty the smallest size they carry is a 14/16....I am just about out of those so it my be my last trip there..
Old 05-10-2015, 07:27 AM   #40  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:

THANK YOU FOR THAT!! Just the motivation I need to start up again!!

Congrats!! You look FABULOUS!!!
Old 05-10-2015, 07:48 AM   #41  

Lightbulb

Quote:

Congrats! You look great!
Old 05-10-2015, 07:57 AM   #42  

Destony...2.2 way to go!

sgrealtor1....i love going through my old clothes to see what i can fit into again and the find out it is too big...i had these high rise jeans that I kept ( not sure why)...now they are back in style...don't quite fit the same way...lol
Have a great mothers day to all the mommys out there!
Old 05-10-2015, 08:24 AM   #43  
Started IP 1/9/2015

S/C/G: 237/140/140

Height: 5'3"

Hi all! It's great reading all the positive vibes on the boards today!

Had to do some clothes shopping yesterday, almost nothing in my closet fits anymore. I kept grabbing too big sizes - I just don't thnk my brain has wrapped itself around my new size!

Going to see my parents today - haven't seen them since before I started the diet (they winter in Florida). They have no idea I've lost the weight! I'm really curious what their reactions will be.

Hope everyone has a fantastic Mother's Day!
Old 05-10-2015, 09:16 AM   #44  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltKatonIP View Post
Hi all! It's great reading all the positive vibes on the boards today!

Had to do some clothes shopping yesterday, almost nothing in my closet fits anymore. I kept grabbing too big sizes - I just don't thnk my brain has wrapped itself around my new size!

Going to see my parents today - haven't seen them since before I started the diet (they winter in Florida). They have no idea I've lost the weight! I'm really curious what their reactions will be.

Hope everyone has a fantastic Mother's Day!
I love clothe shopping...my greatest victory was being able to shop in the 'regular' stores...I still remeber like it was yesterday...the smallest size in the plus store was waaaay too big...the sales lady told me...'this is the plus side...you need to go on the other side for the smaller sizes'....
Let us know about your visit with your parents...have a great one!
Old 05-10-2015, 12:25 PM   #45  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgal View Post
THANK YOU FOR THAT!! Just the motivation I need to start up again!!
disgal -- Glad to see you posting - your posts were a real inspiration to me some months ago when I was in an earlier phase of my journey. Sorry you need motivation to get back on track right now, but I am glad you returned here as you get started again. Please don't be a stranger!

Quote:
AltKatonIP - Going to see my parents today - haven't seen them since before I started the diet (they winter in Florida). They have no idea I've lost the weight! I'm really curious what their reactions will be
Oh do be sure to tell us all about the reactions when they see you today!!! I think we all love to hear those stories!

Quote:
LivinLrg - Hi everyone. I'm new to IP. I just had my 3rd WI and I'm down another 3.5 lbs, for a total of 13. I'm cautiously optimistic because I've been down this road so many times. I haven't bought clothes in so long because I refuse to buy bigger clothes. My "fat" clothes are now so old and tight that I decided enough was enough and I'm totally committed now. I love reading all your posts. Keep up the great work!
You are off to a great start, LivinLrg! Like you, I had stopped buying 'fat girl clothes' and I was continuing to gain to the point that I could barely fit in those clothes that I did have at the front of my closet. I think this is why it seemed to take awhile for me to come down a size. At first, I was just fitting into my pants and tops and dresses better than I was at the start of IP. But if you keep on keeping on, you can work your way through your current clothing inventory to the point where you do need to go buy a few new things to carry you thru now and then on your journey. I have about exhausted my closet of many sizes, altho I am still trying to shrink some faves in the dryer... I had a nice pair of size 14 dream jeans (WHITE ones, no less) that I put into a warm wash and a hot dryer this morning - with luck, I might get a little wear from them...

On the food front in my IP compliant kitchen -- I resurrected a thread from some years ago on Cauliflower Pancakes...
and I made it up today for a Sunday brunch treat -- but I substituted zucchini for the cauliflower. Great thing to do with the 'free' eggs - I'll drop my protein serving a bit at supper today to offset the extra, and I used 3/4 Cup of my lunchtime veggie serving. But I have to say - this is a very yummy way to deal with the hungries that sometimes take hold. I highly recommend this recipe!
Closed Thread