3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Modified IP using Alternatives and breastfeeding (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/303857-modified-ip-using-alternatives-breastfeeding.html)

HGantt 05-02-2015 07:45 PM

Modified IP using Alternatives and breastfeeding

Hi all, I'm currently EBF a 6 month old baby girl. I work full time, I pump twice at work and feed her freely when I'm home.

Ok, so I know that the first phase of IP is too calorie restricted to go full force, like I wish I could, but I need to keep my supply up. And I really need to lose weight, I have been depressed, I definitely need to lose 30 lbs, and I can't wait another 6-18 months until she's weaned herself off. All other diets just don't appeal to me when I KNOW that this one works! (I lost 12 lbs in the beginning of 2013 on IP) And I know it's going to be easy for me to follow!

So. I was thinking about some additions to the diet would be good. I am going to be using alternative products because I can't afford IP products

This is what my plan might look like along with the normal P1 diet:

- 4 total "packets" a day - 1 restricted every day
- 1 extra serving of carbs
- 2 servings of dairy

I would also be working out, trying to sweat a little each day..

I would also be taking some vitamins and herbal supplements that will help in maintaining my milk supply.

What do you think?

Ro22 05-02-2015 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HGantt (Post 5160324)
Hi all, I'm currently EBF a 6 month old baby girl. I work full time, I pump twice at work and feed her freely when I'm home.

Ok, so I know that the first phase of IP is too calorie restricted to go full force, like I wish I could, but I need to keep my supply up. And I really need to lose weight, I have been depressed, I definitely need to lose 30 lbs, and I can't wait another 6-18 months until she's weaned herself off. All other diets just don't appeal to me when I KNOW that this one works! (I lost 12 lbs in the beginning of 2013 on IP) And I know it's going to be easy for me to follow!

So. I was thinking about some additions to the diet would be good. I am going to be using alternative products because I can't afford IP products

This is what my plan might look like along with the normal P1 diet:

- 4 total "packets" a day - 1 restricted every day
- 1 extra serving of carbs
- 2 servings of dairy

I would also be working out, trying to sweat a little each day..

I would also be taking some vitamins and herbal supplements that will help in maintaining my milk supply.

What do you think?

Take a look at Phase 1 alternative protocol.

mars735 05-02-2015 09:37 PM

Hi HGantt, I'd recommend consulting a nutritionist to find out whether your plan has the right amount and type of nutrition to support your lactation and ensure your baby girl's growth & development. Good luck! :)

Briael 05-03-2015 02:11 AM

I would also be asking the pediatrician about the vitamins/supplements and any risk to your baby, as it will transfer into breast milk.

HGantt 05-04-2015 08:39 AM

Thank you all for your responses. I have been taking prenatal and fenugreek supplements and that's what I could continue to take. Don't think I need to ask a ped about those.

Right now my diet isn't ridiculously healthy and all I know for sure is that I do need at least a small amount of fat and carbs in my diet for my milk supply, otherwise everything in this diet, healthy for me = healthy for baby too!

Thank you so much for the ip alternative protocol!! I'm only iffy on the fruit group requirement - I don't want to have any more sweets than are necessary because it can be a serious addiction issue with me. But I think this is a good one to follow with one additional packet a day!! I think I will start this in a few days!!