3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Ideal Protein Buddy! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/303568-ideal-protein-buddy.html)

Megan33 04-18-2015 11:16 PM

Ideal Protein Buddy!

Hello everyone,
I've almost completed 2 weeks on IP (my second time) and I DESPERATELY need an IP friend. Preferably someone in Massachusetts that I could text/email back and forth. A little about me: My name is Megan, live near Worcester, I'll be 42 next month. I'm married, no kids but we have the cutest little shih-tzu named Glee. I did IP in August 2012 and lost a lot of weight very quickly. I was soooo happy and felt soo good. Managed to gain it all back due to the fact I didn't fix my food issue, which is I'm a binge-eater Any takers? Have a fabulous night!!!

-Megan

Megan33 04-19-2015 07:51 PM

Ouch. 411 views and NO responses? Bummer.

Ro22 04-19-2015 07:54 PM

I think the request for Massachusetts may be too restrictive.

Grateful4Health 04-20-2015 01:29 PM

Megan I agree with Ro22 it might be the Massachusetts restriction.

For me, I wouldn't be able to do it due to my life circumstances so I didn't respond - you might find people on the April starters list that would like to PM back and forth or buddy up through that thread.
Another idea - I found someone that was a friend here who was working on food issues but not on IP, and we buddied up for that year, and sometimes went for a walk together, etc.
I understand your desire to have someone near you, maybe there is someone in your social circle that you haven't thought of yet.

Last, I have a few friends that are in 12 step type programs to help with the emotional and behavioral side, and they completely love the social support they get in those programs. In Colorado, they have FA and also FAA (I think there are two groups) and there is also OA. I went to an FA meeting and thought it was lovely, but it wasn't the right thing for me personally, though I like the option to go in the future if I feel behavioral issues flare up.

I know for me overall, there were many more things to combat this past year than just the logistics of the IP program. There were some really deep things that also needed to be addressed in order for me to maintain after I lost.

Good luck!!!!

Megan33 04-21-2015 08:10 PM

Thanks Ro22 and Grateful!

CenTXChk 04-21-2015 08:47 PM

Are you on My Fitness Pal? There are several of us who support each other with our food journals, excersize and weight losses. I have the same name in MFP. If you connect with me, you'll find several of the others too!

bongo 04-22-2015 10:59 PM

I think a local buddy is a great idea, but I'm not in near you either. Starting tomorrow in TX.

Hosegirl 04-23-2015 08:53 AM

Protein buddy

I Megan, I live in NH. I just started this program today. I am a little nervous about but hopeful at the same time

Megan33 04-29-2015 09:24 PM

Hello everyone! I guess my buddy doesn't need to be in Massachusetts. CenTX, I'll have to check out My Fitness Pal. How's the program going for you bongo and Hosegirl?

bongo 04-30-2015 07:45 PM

Thanks for asking, Megan. I'm a week in and down 5#. I was most likely already in ketosis since I'd cut out carbs the week before starting. So hopefully my "low" amount of loss the first week (in comparison with others) is just a reflection of that. How are things working for you this week?