IP Community Weekend Chat

You're on Page 1 of 5
Go to
  • Let the weekend begin early!

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
    NSV = Non-scale victory
    TOM = time of the month
    WI = Weigh-in
    WF = Walden Farms
    OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
    Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
    Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
    Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
    and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
    The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
    Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
    Recipe thread #3
    Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
    Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
    Fun with Veggie Purees!
    Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
    MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
    Here are a couple "older" .pdf files of many of Rainbow's recipes: Rainbowsmiles Recipes
    and Rainbows IP Inspired Alternative Recipes

For those looking for alternative products
    Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
    And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
    There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
    The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
    If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
    Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
    Link to a pdf of the doctor's book here.
    Note: this is not the same as the current IP plan.
  • Have fun this weekend with a drinking game!

Peruse this discussion board, and every time you see a dancing carrot, take a shot of water!

Because I like to party OP.
  • Quote: Have fun this weekend with a drinking game!

Peruse this discussion board, and every time you see a dancing carrot, take a shot of water!

Because I like to party OP.
    Oh my goodness! Too funny Get drinking
  • Thank you for getting me to drain and refill my water bottle.
  • Getting my water in really early this morning, thanks for that!
  • I'm driving my husband crazy because I have water bottles in about 4 spots around the house (plus my car and my office). My rule - if I see one, drink some!!!
  • I have found this helps me to get all of my water in -- in the morning I fill a 24oz bottle with water and start drinking. If I haven't finished it all by the time I leave for work, I take it with me on the drive and MUST finish it before I leave the car to walk into work. At work the first thing I do is fill the bottle with another 24 oz and I MUST finish it before I leave work, even if I end up chugging down half of it before walking out the door! Back at home, I fill the bottle a third time and MUST finish it before I go to bed. Having this structure has helped me always get my water in.
  • Was a little frustrated earlier this week to see my scale go up, but bought some different meat protein and switched stuff up and was down 3.6 lbs at my weigh-in today. I wasn't able to go to the clinic last week because of the weather. I'm now (barely) under 40 pounds until goal!! Going to have to peruse the recipe thread to get some ideas for veggies, I'm getting a little bored of eating that much straight-up veg at one time.
  • Quote: Was a little frustrated earlier this week to see my scale go up, but bought some different meat protein and switched stuff up and was down 3.6 lbs at my weigh-in today. I wasn't able to go to the clinic last week because of the weather. I'm now (barely) under 40 pounds until goal!! Going to have to peruse the recipe thread to get some ideas for veggies, I'm getting a little bored of eating that much straight-up veg at one time.
    Way to go! I hope you find yourself INSPIRED!

( Shots, shots, shots, shots...)
  • Quote: Way to go! I hope you find yourself INSPIRED!

( Shots, shots, shots, shots...)
    Thanks!! I'm sure I will, this board is fantastic!! So much great advice and information!!
  • I use the "water your body" free app on my smart phone and even my grand daughter knows to drink when "my song" starts playing. I keep a large 32 oz cup next to my sink and every time "my song" plays I drink about half of it, plus I keep a big bubba mug next to me all the time so I'm sure to get all my water (plus some) in!
  • Shark, you're the best!

I have a different app suggestion, because I can be tricked into good behavior by cute cartoons (and it has configurable alerts, so you can tell it to tell you to drink): Plant Nanny.

To get it to ask for 8 cups/64 oz per day, I had to tell it I was 125 pounds and sedentary; otherwise, it scales up very fast by weight.
  • Quote: I use the "water your body" free app on my smart phone and even my grand daughter knows to drink when "my song" starts playing. I keep a large 32 oz cup next to my sink and every time "my song" plays I drink about half of it, plus I keep a big bubba mug next to me all the time so I'm sure to get all my water (plus some) in!
    I am just seeing your new photo -- lookin' like you are casting a smaller shadow, there, frawniemae!

Like me, I can see your weight loss around your face -- your neck is notably thinner -- and I saw where you posted that you lost inches around your waist -- isn't it wonderful to feel that body slimming down?

You are rocking this IP program!!!

And thanks for pointing out the link to the Turkey Zoodle Egg Bake -- that would be a good change up item for me... I am too wedded to my Crockpot Pork Roast and Rutabaga.

btw - If you read a little further through the crock pot recipe thread where this link takes you, you will see that some folks add WF Pancake syrup to the recipe... I use a half cup chicken broth and 1/2 cup WF syrup - the rutabaga (or turnips) are really yummy when done that way.
  • I have a question regarding dill pickles! My coach said unlimited dill pickles. What about kosher dill or polish baby dills?

I just want to make sure I get the right ones!
  • Quote: I am just seeing your new photo -- lookin' like you are casting a smaller shadow, there, frawniemae!

Like me, I can see your weight loss around your face -- your neck is notably thinner -- and I saw where you posted that you lost inches around your waist -- isn't it wonderful to feel that body slimming down?

You are rocking this IP program!!!

And thanks for pointing out the link to the Turkey Zoodle Egg Bake -- that would be a good change up item for me... I am too wedded to my Crockpot Pork Roast and Rutabaga.

btw - If you read a little further through the crock pot recipe thread where this link takes you, you will see that some folks add WF Pancake syrup to the recipe... I use a half cup chicken broth and 1/2 cup WF syrup - the rutabaga (or turnips) are really yummy when done that way.
    Thanks so much for pointing out this recipe!! It sounds great. I need to start venturing out of my comfort zone with foods and this sounds wonderful.