Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2015, 11:14 AM   #61  
Just Do It, Mom!

S/C/G: Restart 2/19/15. See Ticker

Height: 5.5

I've been experiencing cramping in my feet at night recently. I am drinking plenty of water and salt intake is adequate (probably even on the higher side). I have not, however, been taking the supplements, which is probably the culprit. Suggestions on what combo to take? The IP brand is way too expensive.
Old 03-12-2015, 11:54 AM   #62  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

If this is inappropriate, please delete but this is what I take (those with an *, I was taking before IP and had a store of them so when I finished the initial IP supplements I went back to these after comparing labels):
Leader brand Potassium 99mg (found at CVS)
*Daily Multiple vitamin for Women (CVS)
*Nature Made Fish Oil 1200mg of which 360mg is Omega 3(CVS)
for the Cal Mag I had not found one when I ran out of the IP so I did buy another one of those however I found these at Swanson's and after comparing labels, I think taking one of these twice a day would be sufficient because they are "stronger" than IP's. Their label lists 3 a day but that would be way more than what the IP contains. link http://www.swansonvitamins.com/solga...250-tabs#label
I use pink Himalayan sea salt as well as the IP salt. I haven't found a product that will replace the IP salt but if that's the only "supplement" I have to purchase at my clinic, I'm good with that.
You should be able to google those brands and products I mentioned above to compare the labels. Below is a handout I was given with details on the IP supplements.

REQUIRED SUPPLEMENTS
1. MULTI-VITAMIN:
Dosage: 2 capsules daily; 1 at breakfast and 1 at dinner
2 capsules provides: 3340 IU Vitamin A, 100 mg Vitamin C, 160 IU Vitamin D, 140 IU Vitamin E, 32 mg Thiamin, 6
mg Riboflavin, 40 mg Niacin, 36 mg Vitamin B6, 1000 mcg Folate, 134 mcg Vitamin B12, 260 mcg Biotin, 130 mg
Pantothenic acid, 94 mg Calcium, 76 mcg Iodine, 42 mg Magnesium, 5 mg Zinc, 100 mcg Selenium, 1 mg Copper, 5
mg Manganese, 90 mcg Chromium, 100 mcg Molybdenum, 20 mg Potassium, 20 mg Choline, 3 mg lycopene, 500
mcg Lutein, and 100 mcg Vanadium
Capsules per container: 60 (30-day supply)

2. CALCIUM-MAGNESIUM:
Dosage: 4 tablets daily; 2 at dinner and 2 at bedtime
Provides: 600 mg of calcium citrate, 300 mg of magnesium citrate, 260 iu of vitamin D, and 20 mg of zinc
Tablets per container: 120 (30-day supply)
In addition to helping bones maintain their proper strength and density, calcium prevents osteoporosis and helps
regulate blood pressure. Studies suggest that getting the recommended daily amount of calcium may also help with
weight loss. While on Ideal Protein, dieters are required to eat four cups of vegetables, two green salads, and one
whole protein serving per day, which supply the remaining calcium suggested by US RDA guidelines.

3. POTASSIUM CITRATE:
Dosage: 1 tablet daily at breakfast
Provides: 99 mg of potassium citrate
Tablets per container: 60 (60-day supply)
Potassium is a critical electrolyte, and a healthy amount is essential since it allows muscles to move, nerves to fire,
and kidneys to filter blood. The right balance of potassium literally allows the heart to beat. Between the potassium
citrate, multi-vitamin, and Ideal Salt, which are all required*, Ideal Protein dieters take in approximately 450 mg of
potassium. Supplementation is required since dieters are not consuming certain foods that are common sources of
potassium such as root vegetables, fruit, dairy, and grains.

4. OMEGA 3 PLUS:
Dosage: 2 softgels daily at dinner
Provides: 1530 mg omega 3 fatty acids (from fish and krill oils), 1020 mg EPA, 510 mg DHA
Softgels per container: 60 (30-day supply)
The Ideal Protein Weight Loss Method is a low fat diet, but an adequate daily intake of essential fatty acids is
necessary, which is achieved by consuming 2 teaspoons of olive oil daily in cooking or on salads in addition to the
Omega-3 Plus.

4. IDEAL SALT*:
Dosage: ¼ teaspoonful (1.3 g) daily
Provides: 250 mg sodium and 330 mg of potassium citrate
Servings per container: 269
Sodium is an electrolyte that helps maintain proper blood pressure, muscle, and nerve function, as well as the
body's ability to thermoregulate and other essential functions. Ideal Salt helps ensure that Ideal Protein dieters
are consuming enough salt to make up for what they would otherwise get in their daily food intake and create the
optimal balance of sodium and potassium.
*Certain conditions and medications, particularly some diuretics (water pills) can cause the retention of potassium.
Dieters who are uncertain about their medications should check with their prescribers. Dieters who have been placed
on a potassium restricted diet by their physicians should use Redmond’s Sea Salt while on the Ideal Protein Weight
Loss Method, not Ideal Salt.
Old 03-12-2015, 12:42 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 214/209/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalEagle14 View Post
Morning IPeeps! I weighed in last night and am down another .9 for a total of 13.9 lbs. I was also down 2.25 inches. I'll take it! I didn't feel like I'd have a huge loss this week, TOM should be coming around this weekend, so I'm just feeling a little bloated this week. Hopefully the larger losses will continue after this!
I lost .9 two weeks ago when it was my TOM and the following week was down 4 lbs. I was just excited to get through my first TOM on the program and not eating a huge Hershey's bar lol.
Old 03-12-2015, 01:19 PM   #64  

frawniemae:
What a wonderfully helpful post on supplements!
Thanks. I'm sure it helped a LOT of people
Old 03-12-2015, 01:21 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 208.5/193.5/135

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by frawniemae View Post
If this is inappropriate, please delete but this is what I take (those with an *, I was taking before IP and had a store of them so when I finished the initial IP supplements I went back to these after comparing labels):
Leader brand Potassium 99mg (found at CVS)
*Daily Multiple vitamin for Women (CVS)
*Nature Made Fish Oil 1200mg of which 360mg is Omega 3(CVS)
for the Cal Mag I had not found one when I ran out of the IP so I did buy another one of those however I found these at Swanson's and after comparing labels, I think taking one of these twice a day would be sufficient because they are "stronger" than IP's. Their label lists 3 a day but that would be way more than what the IP contains. link http://www.swansonvitamins.com/solga...250-tabs#label
I use pink Himalayan sea salt as well as the IP salt. I haven't found a product that will replace the IP salt but if that's the only "supplement" I have to purchase at my clinic, I'm good with that.
You should be able to google those brands and products I mentioned above to compare the labels. Below is a handout I was given with details on the IP supplements.
I am not allowed to purchase supplements from elsewhere if I want purchase IP products but it sure would cut some of the cost down.
Old 03-12-2015, 01:24 PM   #66  
Ready to reboot

S/C/G: Reboot with 140 as my goal

Height: 5'4"

Start rant here -> I swear I'm going to tell my hubby not to tell me his weekly loss from his WI!! Yes IP is easier to do with a partner but not when they 1) have that lucky male metabolism, 2) cheat eat and 3) can eat all the little candies from the bowls at the home and garden show and still lose 3.4 lbs. Grrrrrr <- End rant here.

On a lighter note - I am very happy to have lost 2.8 lbs last week!!!! I think when I get rid of all my IP lunches I am going to switch over to IP drinks at lunch and raw veggies. It is just so much easier than trying to fight for the microwave at work. IP coach says its no problem!
Old 03-12-2015, 01:36 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Type1lady View Post
I am not allowed to purchase supplements from elsewhere if I want purchase IP products but it sure would cut some of the cost down.
Hi type1: I'm pretty sure that's only a 'rule' set up by your clinic. I could not take some of the supplements from IP because they could not guarantee that they were gluten free. There was no problem about this. I just bought my own certified from the pharmacy. I know you have health issues too. Perhaps if your doc writes a 'note' you will be able to take other supplements instead, but no matter what, supplements are definitely important on a Very Low Calorie Diet.

Liana
Old 03-12-2015, 01:43 PM   #68  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Dane View Post
Start rant here -> I swear I'm going to tell my hubby not to tell me his weekly loss from his WI!! Yes IP is easier to do with a partner but not when they 1) have that lucky male metabolism, 2) cheat eat and 3) can eat all the little candies from the bowls at the home and garden show and still lose 3.4 lbs. Grrrrrr <- End rant here.
That testosterone really helps guys, doesn't it?
We just can't compare and just need to plug along doing our own thing.

My DH is eating a LCHF but cheats (mostly with beer) and STILL gets all the appetite suppression of ketosis. He's gotten where he isn't even hungry for dinner anymore. I wish it were contagious!
Old 03-12-2015, 01:44 PM   #69  

Default Beck Diet Solution Daily Tips

Think Thin Thursday

At the end of the day, most people don't remember the bits and bites they ate standing up throughout the day. Working on cutting out all eating standing up can be a relatively painless way of cutting out a few hundred calories (or more).

I just noticed Beck Diet is coming out with a new book: The Diet Trap Solution: Train Your Brain to Lose Weight and Keep It Off for Good

It will be available on Kindle (one of my complaints of The Beck Diet Solution)

Anyway, release date is 4/21

Last edited by lisa32989; 03-12-2015 at 01:48 PM.
Old 03-12-2015, 02:08 PM   #70  

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Hi type1: I'm pretty sure that's only a 'rule' set up by your clinic. I could not take some of the supplements from IP because they could not guarantee that they were gluten free. There was no problem about this. I just bought my own certified from the pharmacy. I know you have health issues too. Perhaps if your doc writes a 'note' you will be able to take other supplements instead, but no matter what, supplements are definitely important on a Very Low Calorie Diet.

Liana
I don't think my doc will write a note as I have no real health problem consuming the supplements they provide but it would be cheaper to buy them else where. I agree they are important so I just suck it up..😄 oh well...
Old 03-12-2015, 02:10 PM   #71  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Think Thin Thursday

At the end of the day, most people don't remember the bits and bites they ate standing up throughout the day. Working on cutting out all eating standing up can be a relatively painless way of cutting out a few hundred calories (or more).

I just noticed Beck Diet is coming out with a new book: The Diet Trap Solution: Train Your Brain to Lose Weight and Keep It Off for Good

It will be available on Kindle (one of my complaints of The Beck Diet Solution)

Anyway, release date is 4/21
One of the hardest things is making food for the rest of the family. I want to taste it too make sure it ok which often leads to more tastes to get it right...it is hard to cut it out.
Old 03-12-2015, 02:47 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Yeah, great tip today Lisa.... that's a big problem with me, eating while I am standing up, running around, multitasking. About the only time I don't eat while doing other things is when I'm doing dishes with gloves on, or cleaning the bathroom, lol.

I need to refocus on the meal itself, no reading while eating lunch, I guess. Or eating while preparing supper (a big one for me) which can often throw off my macros in maintenance...

Onward and downward, friends!
Liana
Old 03-12-2015, 03:31 PM   #73  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
frawniemae:
What a wonderfully helpful post on supplements!
Thanks. I'm sure it helped a LOT of people
You're welcome! If you think it would help, feel free to sticky it along with the other "stickies". I don't know why I hadn't posted it before.
Old 03-12-2015, 03:51 PM   #74  
Just Do It, Mom!

I second that, Lisa! Frawniemae, you are a GEM! What a nice thing to take the time to provide all of that information on the supplements! THANK YOU!

I'm on a reboot from a few years back when I lost 40 and gained it all back (never phased off, just stopped ) and have weigh-in #3 later today. I have stayed on-plan (other than the supplements!) except the other night I had 2 sugar free jello's because if I didn't I was afraid I'd lose all control! I figured it would do the least damage, and I am still in ketosis (dip stick), so thankfully it didn't seem to affect me.

But the last few days my hands and fingers feel kind of 'tight' like I am retaining fluid, but seems for no good reason. I am getting all of my water in, am not eating anything off plan (except once - the jello), am still in ketosis, and am too old for TOM , so am a little concerned that I won't show a loss today. Would really like to get back into 'onederland'!

Fingers crossed!
Old 03-12-2015, 03:56 PM   #75  
Just Do It, Mom!

PS - Lisa, you look fabulous in your picture and I covet those collarbones! Can't wait till I have my own again! LOL
Closed Thread