Old 05-22-2015, 11:54 AM   #1  
Joined IP on 07/15/13

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/170

Height: 5'9

Default Need help and advices to restart

I joined IP on July 15, 2013 and managed to lose quite a few pounds.

Since December, my life has been chaotic and 25 ibs slowly managed to creep back on me... Plus I also stopped smoking (an habit I am even ashamed to admit)

I have decided to restart but I need inputs from other to tackle this the best possible way !

Thank you
Frenchy71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 07:03 PM   #2  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy71 View Post
I joined IP on July 15, 2013 and managed to lose quite a few pounds.

Since December, my life has been chaotic and 25 ibs slowly managed to creep back on me... Plus I also stopped smoking (an habit I am even ashamed to admit)

I have decided to restart but I need inputs from other to tackle this the best possible way !

Thank you
I am sorry you have had some re-gain, but I am glad you have come to 3 Fat Chicks for support as you get back on track.

I can really relate to the smoking cessation effect -- I quit smoking in 2007 and what a miserable experience it was -- I have not had a cigarette since February 3, 2007 (except for a couple of dreams over the years), but at the time I was depressed as if I had lost my best friend. I was filling the void with food constantly - just could not seem to fill that bottomless hole enough to feel satiated. I piled on close to 30 lbs and felt totally out of control all the time. It was that whole experience that took my weight over the 200 mark.... I was already notably overweight, but I had not left one-derland until I stopped smoking.

And then, around 2011 I began trying to lose weight using HCG homeopathic drops. I lost and regained the same 20 lbs about 4 times over the course of a year, before I gave that up. And over the next couple years I managed to let my weight creep up all the way to 240 before I found IP last summer and managed to take off more weight than I ever imagined possible.

So my advice is - either find a clinic and get started on IP, or study the threads regarding Alternatives and get on the DIY version following the IP protocol for Phase 1. You have done this before, and you can do it again. But this time, phase off per the IP protocol, and stay with 3FC for support through all the phases.

Welcome, Frenchy71!!!
oneuh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 12:02 AM   #3  
Started IP 1/25/13

S/C/G: started IP @210/194/150

Height: 5"1'

Welcome back Frenchy! I lost 80 pounds on IP in 2013, but unlike you it took a whole lot more gaining before I came back to IP, 3FC and my senses. You can do this !Either with a clinic or the DIY method (which I am opting to do solely this time)

The hardest part for me is I miss the weigh in with someone. You need to take stock, so to speak and figure out how you want to tackle it this time and just do it! If you need anyone to talk to at all send me a private message.

Stay strong
MntRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 02:09 PM   #4  
Restarted IP 7/3/2017

S/C/G: 273 / 269.8 / 173

Height: 5'11"

Hi Frenchy!

You know what you're doing, you've done it before. The only advice I can give you is what helped me restart myself: Make a plan and stick to it.

For me, I knew I needed to be in a mentality of having a fresh restart. So I restarted on Monday, March 2. Pick your day. Make sure you'll be ready for that day, and don't look back.

Also, plan ahead! Pack your lunches the day before you start, plan your dinners for the week and make sure you're stocked up. Make sure before you start that you won't be able to make any excuses.

The first two weeks are the hardest part of restarting. Get through those, and you'll have the momentum to keep going!
ImASharkIPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 10:42 PM   #5  
Joined IP on 07/15/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
I am sorry you have had some re-gain, but I am glad you have come to 3 Fat Chicks for support as you get back on track.

I can really relate to the smoking cessation effect -- I quit smoking in 2007 and what a miserable experience it was -- I have not had a cigarette since February 3, 2007 (except for a couple of dreams over the years), but at the time I was depressed as if I had lost my best friend. I was filling the void with food constantly - just could not seem to fill that bottomless hole enough to feel satiated. I piled on close to 30 lbs and felt totally out of control all the time. It was that whole experience that took my weight over the 200 mark.... I was already notably overweight, but I had not left one-derland until I stopped smoking.

And then, around 2011 I began trying to lose weight using HCG homeopathic drops. I lost and regained the same 20 lbs about 4 times over the course of a year, before I gave that up. And over the next couple years I managed to let my weight creep up all the way to 240 before I found IP last summer and managed to take off more weight than I ever imagined possible.

So my advice is - either find a clinic and get started on IP, or study the threads regarding Alternatives and get on the DIY version following the IP protocol for Phase 1. You have done this before, and you can do it again. But this time, phase off per the IP protocol, and stay with 3FC for support through all the phases.

Welcome, Frenchy71!!!
Thank you so much for your support... I completely agree with the smoking ... I am craving them after a meal.. or when I stress ! And because of this, I comfort myself with food.

The hard part also is setting my mind again to do it all over... but I felt so good at my lowest weight that I don't want to be that no-energy drab woman again...

Thanks for the advice and good luck to you
Old 05-23-2015, 10:44 PM   #6  
Joined IP on 07/15/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImASharkIPromise View Post
Hi Frenchy!

You know what you're doing, you've done it before. The only advice I can give you is what helped me restart myself: Make a plan and stick to it.

For me, I knew I needed to be in a mentality of having a fresh restart. So I restarted on Monday, March 2. Pick your day. Make sure you'll be ready for that day, and don't look back.

Also, plan ahead! Pack your lunches the day before you start, plan your dinners for the week and make sure you're stocked up. Make sure before you start that you won't be able to make any excuses.

The first two weeks are the hardest part of restarting. Get through those, and you'll have the momentum to keep going!
I agree with you... been there done that but I think I am lacking the willpower to do it.. Picking a date is a good idea

Thank you for your advices... and good luck to you !
Old 05-23-2015, 10:45 PM   #7  
Joined IP on 07/15/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MntRose View Post
Welcome back Frenchy! I lost 80 pounds on IP in 2013, but unlike you it took a whole lot more gaining before I came back to IP, 3FC and my senses. You can do this !Either with a clinic or the DIY method (which I am opting to do solely this time)

The hardest part for me is I miss the weigh in with someone. You need to take stock, so to speak and figure out how you want to tackle it this time and just do it! If you need anyone to talk to at all send me a private message.

Stay strong
MtRose

Thank you for the support.. and the advices !

Good luck to you