Old 03-08-2015, 02:36 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 339/329/146

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
So cool - is there a NOVA thread in the IP sub forum? I have not seen one.
Pls share the name of it, or the link. I would LOVE to meetup with you and other fellow IPeeps and 3FC members!
This is the only thread about meeting up in NoVA, so far, but here's the thread about the restaurant: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...-va-ip-p1.html
the_magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 11:09 PM   #17  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_magpie View Post
This is the only thread about meeting up in NoVA, so far, but here's the thread about the restaurant: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...-va-ip-p1.html
Gosh it was only a couple of weeks ago that I saw and posted on the restaurant in Northern VA thread!!! Completely forgot about it!

I am inside the beltway in Annandale, VA -- I work downtown a couple blocks from the White House.

I would love to connect with the various folks from the DC area who are doing IP -- if you are interested, send me a private message and we can share contact info to connect up!
oneuh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 08:40 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 243/217/170?

Height: 5'3

I would like to meet up with DC metro people maybe for lunch or dinner sometime. I am in Alexandria, VA Fairfax County area. I think it would be a nice time out in a support group/venting/sharing IP way!
LUCCILOVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 09:19 PM   #19  
oneuh2

LUCCILOVE -- I would love for us to get a group together to meet in person -- drop me a private message with an email where I can reach you -- I will pose some ideas for locations and times and see what will work out for our little gang here in the DC area!
Old 03-12-2015, 11:18 PM   #20  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro22 View Post
Thanks, Cheryl
I have to travel East that following week anyway to give a customer presentation so I can just incorporate this into my travel. I am committed to doing whatever it takes to maintain because I have failed at this my whole adult life so any education and support I can get, I will capitalize on I appreciate your taking the lead on this and coordinating. I want this to be the last time I ever diet - I have learned so much these last 7 months, even though beforehand, I thought I was pretty well-educated on the topic of diet and exercise so this would be a needed addition to that. I don't know of any here and to listen to somebody who has lost 90 pounds and maintained for years and meet up with you guys would be invaluable to me. I'll let you know. I think I will be able to go because even if doc takes me off this, I will need to maintain Plus, I am not sure what type of doctor she is but maybe I would have the opportunity to discuss with her the particular medical challenges I now have in the context potentially of any IP adjustments as well as exercise.
We may have run into a problem about attending the workshop-- Shasta10 and I were going to meetup to go this Saturday, but she received a dis-invitation from Dr Zumbado's office because her IP clinic is not within Dr. Zumbado's network.... I am checking this out to be certain that I can still go - my clinic is not on her list either. So.. I may not get in the door for this.... however, if I don't, I am going to try to arrange for her to guest speak for my clinic's clients.

If I do get to a go this Saturday, I will do my best to capture all the info I can and then share it back with everyone. Stay tuned....
Old 03-12-2015, 11:34 PM   #21  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Height: 5'8"

How ridiculous! Good luck! If you get a chance to go, could you ask about P3 as per my post in the Summer starters thread?
Ro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 06:11 AM   #22  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro22 View Post
How ridiculous! Good luck! If you get a chance to go, could you ask about P3 as per my post in the Summer starters thread?
Will do!
Old 03-13-2015, 11:50 AM   #23  
oneuh2

Quote:
We may have run into a problem about attending the workshop-- Shasta10 and I were going to meetup to go this Saturday, but she received a dis-invitation from Dr Zumbado's office because her IP clinic is not within Dr. Zumbado's network.... I am checking this out to be certain that I can still go - my clinic is not on her list either. So.. I may not get in the door for this.... however, if I don't, I am going to try to arrange for her to guest speak for my clinic's clients.

If I do get to a go this Saturday, I will do my best to capture all the info I can and then share it back with everyone. Stay tuned....
Bummer -- Neither I nor Shasta10 can attend the Maintenance workshop with Dr. Zumbado. The doc has quite an IP empire, and she has made it quite exclusive -- there is a $75 fee to transfer from another clinic to one that is in her network. So.... unless I can work out a plan for her to come to my clinic as a guest speaker, I guess that who thing it out the window.

But - this does not mean that we DC folks cannot get together! This weekend is forecast to be rather lousy weather, and it's Friday already, so I guess we are looking ahead to a later weekend.

How about a Sunday afternoon walk? I was thinking maybe we could meet up at the Tidal Basin and do a walk and talk around it - there is parking adjacent to the Woodrow Wilson memorial (it is a walk thru type of memorial, if you have not seen it (backdrop for a scene in one of the later episodes in the latest season of House of Cards on Netflix). And if desired we could go for coffee/tea or water somewhere afterward.

The projected peak blossoms time for the Cherry Blossoms is around April 12, so if we were to go on March 22, we would be 3 weeks ahead of those crowds....

Or, we could meet up at the Canal towpath to walk -- I have to research it for full info, but there are places along the Clara Barton parkway where you can cross over the canal (plus there is a stairway off of Chain Bridge) to get down to the towpath.

Some of us are in Maryland, and some in Virginia, so I am trying to pick a place that might be close to the middle ground...

My third idea is lunch or dinner downtown or at the Tysons location of Chef Geoff -- they have menu choices that are IP compliant... nice atmosphere...

Finally - I am always interested in taking anyone to the dance studio for a Sunday afternoon social dance -- learn some swing, a little waltz, and maybe some basic rumba or salsa, enjoy the music, dance with instructors and well-practiced students from the studio. We could do this and have coffee or an IP compliant meal afterward. My regular studio is in Fairfax, and the next Sunday Social is on March 22 , 2-3:30pm, free admission.

Thoughts? Reactions? Other ideas?
Old 03-13-2015, 12:04 PM   #24  
Restarted IP 7/3/2017

S/C/G: 273 / 269.8 / 173

Height: 5'11"

You're a champ for trying to organize this!

I might not make the cherry blossoms- Already planning to go with friends in April, and I try not to go into DC more than I need to.

Never been to the Canal Towpath, but I'd be up for it, Chef Geoffs (haven't been there since college!) or dancing in Fairfax! I'll mark March 22 on my calendar and let you know next week if it looks like I'll be making it. Do I need to register online or anything?
ImASharkIPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 01:24 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 339/329/146

Quote:
How about a Sunday afternoon walk? I was thinking maybe we could meet up at the Tidal Basin and do a walk and talk around it - there is parking adjacent to the Woodrow Wilson memorial (it is a walk thru type of memorial, if you have not seen it (backdrop for a scene in one of the later episodes in the latest season of House of Cards on Netflix). And if desired we could go for coffee/tea or water somewhere afterward.

The projected peak blossoms time for the Cherry Blossoms is around April 12, so if we were to go on March 22, we would be 3 weeks ahead of those crowds....
YESSSSS. (I'm a wuss about driving into DC proper, despite having lived there in the past; I'd probably try to Metro in.)

Quote:
Or, we could meet up at the Canal towpath to walk -- I have to research it for full info, but there are places along the Clara Barton parkway where you can cross over the canal (plus there is a stairway off of Chain Bridge) to get down to the towpath.
This sounds nice, too! (I'm not opposed to the other ideas, either, but I'm on a budget and have foot arthritis that makes me not much for dance. Also, I like being outside. )

I live 2-2.5 hours south of DC, depending how I approach it. So an early afternoon hike would be preferable to a morning or evening hike, for me. Then again, if I can't make it this time, there's nothing to prevent it from happening again, anyway.

Some of us are in Maryland, and some in Virginia, so I am trying to pick a place that might be close to the middle ground...
the_magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 01:46 PM   #26  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

While I'm happy for Dr. Z's success, I am sorry you are no longer allowed to attend her workshop. I'm glad I got my freebie five years ago! It's not a major consolation, but I just started a "Visit from Novak" thread, and am planning to share my thoughts and experiences from five years in maintenance. And since I am NOT in any way affiliated with Ideal Protein business ventures, I will include non-IP tips that I'm sure you would never get from Dr. Z. Please stop by and I will try to provide some useful (and free) information.

(FYI, I live in Herndon, and work at NASA HQ, a few blocks from Air & Space.)
Novak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 02:10 PM   #27  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
While I'm happy for Dr. Z's success, I am sorry you are no longer allowed to attend her workshop. I'm glad I got my freebie five years ago! It's not a major consolation, but I just started a "Visit from Novak" thread, and am planning to share my thoughts and experiences from five years in maintenance. And since I am NOT in any way affiliated with Ideal Protein business ventures, I will include non-IP tips that I'm sure you would never get from Dr. Z. Please stop by and I will try to provide some useful (and free) information.

(FYI, I live in Herndon, and work at NASA HQ, a few blocks from Air & Space.)
Fabulous, Novak - so glad you have reappeared at this time! It is VERY helpful and informative to hear how things have gone for you and what you have learned that you can share with us. I found your thread and will check it regularly for your additional posts.

A number of our Summer 2014 Starters are getting close to goal and preparing for or just starting to phase off. So we began reading Maintenance threads from the Ideal Protein subforum archives -- that's how you and Dr. Zumbado came to our attention.

Many of us are fearful re: leaving the comfort of P1... and most of us know that keeping it off is equally as difficult as taking it off... been there, and regained from every other diet I have tried. But I (and others) really would like to follow a path like the one you are on -- doing what it takes to stay close to goal weight, rather than regaining all (and then some). In other words, I would like to successfully maintain.

There are lot's of regainers on this forum - not nearly as many successful maintainers. So I really, really really am glad you have stopped by 3FC and are willing to share with us.

btw - I think I know exactly where NASA is - in SW near the Federal Center SW metro stop, Design Center, Congressional Annex building, and the HHS buildings, as I recall. I am at GSA 2 blocks west of the White House at 18th and F St NW.

Pls PM me with your email if you would like to connect in person - you can see we are talking about getting together for a walk or other meetup -- love to meet you if you are willing!
Old 03-14-2015, 10:16 AM   #28  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

btw - I think I know exactly where NASA is - in SW near the Federal Center SW metro stop, Design Center, Congressional Annex building, and the HHS buildings, as I recall. I am at GSA 2 blocks west of the White House at 18th and F St NW.

Pls PM me with your email if you would like to connect in person - you can see we are talking about getting together for a walk or other meetup -- love to meet you if you are willing!
You absolutely know where my office is. We should plan walk if the weather ever settles into a pleasant pattern. I will reach out via PM eventually, but I'm on kind of a roll with my thread right now, and I don't want to get sidetracked and forget what I want to say!
Novak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 09:23 PM   #29  
oneuh2

DC IPeeps - I had posted some ideas about walking date and options for locations -- thanks for comments ImAShark and The Magpie... anyone else have any reactions or other ideas? See posting #23 on March 13th at 11:50 AM.

Novak -- love to connect when you get a chance to share email!

Last edited by oneuh2; 03-15-2015 at 09:27 PM.
Old 03-15-2015, 09:45 PM   #30  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImASharkIPromise View Post
You're a champ for trying to organize this!

I might not make the cherry blossoms- Already planning to go with friends in April, and I try not to go into DC more than I need to.

Never been to the Canal Towpath, but I'd be up for it, Chef Geoffs (haven't been there since college!) or dancing in Fairfax! I'll mark March 22 on my calendar and let you know next week if it looks like I'll be making it. Do I need to register online or anything?
Thanks for the reply, ImAShark! I did not set up anything for online registration... I kinda wanted some majority consensus here in the thread regarding where to meetup.... and then I plan to send an email to everyone who has provided email -- transmitting logistics and asking for RSVP for those who can make it this time.

Since I pitched these ideas I found two Sunday exercise classes that I attended today and I love -- one is an aerobic dance class choreographed by Louis Van Amstel of Dancing with the Stars fame - the class has some basic aerobic dance moves, and some basic steps from Salsa, Merengue, Swing, Viennese Waltz, and more - pretty easy to follow, and a good workout. It's followed by a Gentle Yoga class with focus on stretch and balance. These are at Elegant Dancing studio in Fairfax at Waples Mill Rd and Rte 50... you can attend on a drop in basis.

LaBlast Exercise Class
Drop-in: $12 per class 4-Class Card: $40

Gentle Yoga Class
Drop-in: $12 per class 4-Class Card:$40

If anyone wants to attend either of these, you can get the details on the Elegant Dancing website.

Add these Sunday classes to my ideas for future meet ups of anyone who's interested!

Any other ideas DC IPeeps?