Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2015, 06:46 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 251/208/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briael View Post
100% compliant means adhering to the food macros and exclusion of groups that IP recommends on their own program.

As this is an alternatives thread there are some of us who are hovering between 90 and 100% at any given time. This is why I mention such products as almond flour/meal and coconut flour.

These are not IP compliant, but some of us aren't following IP 100% while on alternatives. Regular AP or self-raising flour are very high in carbs. The almond flour is pretty low, the coconut flour is somewhere between. Many of the Quest cookbook recipes use them, and if you are planning on following a low carb diet in maintenance it's useful to know about alternatives to regular flour. Bob's Red Mills even make a low carb bread flour.

The Quest multipurpose flour works, but the texture isn't fantastic for all baking needs. It's better for cookies and muffins than crepes, waffles and pancakes.
Briael, you are right anyone on this thread shouldn't question if not IP. No I was just asking about them so I can get them. I need to equip myself with the tools to keep this weight off. I will check them out. I'm finding when I decide to so called "cheat" if I do it with a maintenance product It does hinder my loss but doesn't make me gain so I can control at least that part thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro22 View Post
KC - we seem to be similar...same height, approximately same starting weight and loss, we love peanut butter, better to go cold turkey and I did not allow myself any restricted items for 7 months (this is first time I am doing IP).
I hope you like the additional Quest products!
Hey Ro look at that we are almost the same, that's awesome. I'm always looking for that 7 months really I did about that also too cool. At first I started with them daily and I lost but the number was low like 1 to 2 lbs a week. When I stopped restricted I did almost 3 a week. First go around I was very very strict. But I've always allowed alternatives. I've always used Go Veggie cheese from the beginning and coffee creamer. My cheese craving is even worse then my peanut butter

This is your first time sweet sounds like you are learning how to be real about it that will give you a better shot at maintenance, I think anyway. I went down to 192 and had a medical issue that put me in the hospital. when I came out I kinda went crazy and started just eating crazy telling myself I would get right back on it. ""beware Will Robinson LOL" 2 months and 2 weeks later I was up to 222 and headed out of my new size 12's and thankfully I said... Oh no way I'm not giving up my 12's no no no no So here I am. Doing it much much slower, by decision but in 2 months I'm down to 206 as of this morning. My 12's are fitting comfortably and can even fit into one pair of stretch 10's yeah yeah!

I've always struggled about what my end number should be because many my height and weigh range choose much lower. But after I've started to struggle I now see that it would be awesome to even get to that number if I ever see it so I've decided it must be the right one for me.

Yes can't wait on the new Quest products, but shhhhh don't tell my coach, will certainly save money on IP lol
Thanks for responding so excited someone like me

Hey if anyone has coupons for Quest products or a website that sells them let me know please ???
Old 03-06-2015, 06:49 AM   #47  

RO Wow just went back and looked at your numbers again. When did you start IP seeing you are down to 168 wow that is so awesome!!!
Old 03-06-2015, 06:56 AM   #48  

Quote:
I put this together today so I thought I would share. The booklet is in 2 parts - one is more IP recipes and the other section are the recipes from the Quest Nutrition Cookbook (I included only those that appealed to me).
Feel free to download and add to this. If we all contribute to it, we could really have quite a collection as I find it difficult to search through threads to get recipe ideas when I am meal planning and prefer to have a hard copy to page through.

I hope it is ok as I didn't cite the source of the recipes.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7J...ew?usp=sharing
This is very cool!! I have saved recipes all over the place this is a good idea
I'll come back and add to it
Old 03-06-2015, 07:43 AM   #49  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcdoe View Post
RO Wow just went back and looked at your numbers again. When did you start IP seeing you are down to 168 wow that is so awesome!!!
Hey KC - thanks. I'm actually less than that - I haven't updated my current weight. I am about 165 - my official WI is Monday. I started Aug 25 and like you, I averaged 3+ pounds per week with no restricteds. I got to 168 on Jan 26. I deviated in Feb because I have been having some physical symptoms, similar to what is described as keto-flu - and tried to resolve by going off phase 1 for a few days but didn't help. I gained crazy weight and had similar reaction as you - I was not giving up fitting in my new sizes! I gained 20 pounds in 6 days of being off p1 simply by eating a "normal" amount of calories, about 2000/day. Good news is I lost it pretty rapidly. I then went off 3 days, back on, and then off 1 day, so in month of Feb, I was off a total of 10 days. I am proud of myself that I got back on such that I basically maintained in Feb with nice splurges that solved any diet fatigue I was suffering from such that I am back to being strict. But, I continue to have these physical symptoms for which I am awaiting answers - I had a blood test this week so waiting for those results - I suspect my electrolytes are out of whack. In the meantime, I try to deal with symptoms best I can - I took myself off the road from traveling for work as I don't feel well and am fatigued which is exacerbated by traveling.

You mentioned you were in the hospital - I hope all is ok! Congrats to getting back on the horse - I'll bet you'll see a big drop in one of the weeks soon - I have noticed that seems to happen when people are losing slowly for a while.

I am trying to incorporate more alternatives in my diet for the convenience and for long-term maintenance as I will incorporate these into phase 4 as I was always looking for good protein sources with low carb even when I wasn't following low- carb diet so I am happy I found that through this program.

I am struggling and always have about what weight to stop dieting especially with these physical symptoms. My family thinks I am crazy to want to lose another 10-15 pounds but we'll see. I'm trying to do this objectively by using fat % and BMI as my guide which is why I am targeting that much more - we'll see - a lot depends on what is causing these symptoms - I am hoping to get answers next week when I go back to doctor. This was out of character for me - I NEVER go to dr but I want to feel better and letting this go on for almost 2 months is crazy but I did what I do in situations like this - I try to solve it myself and apply mind over matter and that is not working :-)

Regarding Quest, you can get it on Amazon, Vitamin Shoppe, GNC. I signed up for GNC card and got $20 off the powder to make it $40 which at 30 servings in a container is under $1.50/shake - much more economical than IP and I like them better and more convenient. I also signed up for Vitamin Shoppe and have been getting coupons as a result. I also use the GNC Lean Shake25, the RTD one - it is a meal replacement so a bit higher in calories and protein but I felt I needed a bit more due to my symptoms. The prepared shakes are a nice addition too when mixing the shakes is not an option. I got them at Sam's Club in addition to GNC so there are ways to get them at lower cost. I'm sure others can help more with the discounts you asked about.

Last edited by Ro22; 03-06-2015 at 10:09 AM.
Old 03-06-2015, 10:02 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 218/120/120 Reboot 185/123/135

Height: 5'3"

What a great sharing of recipes. Thanks Ro22! I have a huge binder of recipes from my time on IP and am always looking for new ideas and this has some. I tend to not be real adventuresome just out of laziness and in the interest of quick and convenient, but my poor husband doesn't always want to eat grilled meat and salads or roasted veggies! I will definitely try some of these that I haven't tried before.
Old 03-06-2015, 10:28 AM   #51  
Restarted IP 7/3/2017

S/C/G: 273 / 269.8 / 173

Height: 5'11"

This is FANTASTIC, thank you!
Old 03-06-2015, 10:51 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Quote:
Here's the info on PB2. It has 1g of real sugar, not artificial alternatives. I would imagine this is what holds it back from being approved, because the actual sugar will produce an insulin reaction, and IP is all about suppressing that reaction as far as possible, to rest the pancreas and "reset" the amount of insulin that we produce in response to actual sugars.

Personally, I am not carb sensitive and I have never had any insulin sensitivities, so PB2 sits pretty well with me, in moderation.
Thank you Briael! That makes sense and although it didn't seem to hamper me this week & didn't cause cravings, I will limit intake. Truth of the matter is they are discovering some people have physical responses to artificial sweeteners - I think stevia causes more issues for me (hunger / cravings) so severely limit use.
Old 03-06-2015, 12:53 PM   #53  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
ok, thanks, I now know what PB2 is - question - why use this vs peanut butter that is just peanuts and sea salt that you can get in refrigerator section at grocery store (vs sugar that is in this)? The peanuts aren't permitted on IP so that also makes this non-compliant so if you are allowing yourself to have peanuts in p1, why not use the one that is all natural with just peanuts and sea salt - just trying to learn more about alternatives...
The difference is in fat percentage, Ro22. Regular peanut butter is high in saturated fat, but the PB2 processing removes around 80% of it.

I like the PB2 because in powder form it's much easier to mix in with protein powders for baking cookies and muffins, rather than the sticky spoon method of mixing the regular variety.

Tastewise the real deal is always best, but PB2 is a great alternative.
Old 03-06-2015, 01:30 PM   #54  
Restarted IP 7/3/2017

Planning to make a big order this weekend, and am thinking I'll try some of those Quest chips... I see Rainbow likes the sea salt, but has anyone tried the others? What do you think of them?

Also planning to get some of that peanut butter protein powder. Excitement!
Old 03-06-2015, 03:45 PM   #55  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

Quote:
The difference is in fat percentage, Ro22. Regular peanut butter is high in saturated fat, but the PB2 processing removes around 80% of it.

I like the PB2 because in powder form it's much easier to mix in with protein powders for baking cookies and muffins, rather than the sticky spoon method of mixing the regular variety.

Tastewise the real deal is always best, but PB2 is a great alternative.
Thanks. I just went and bought some - both the peanut butter and chocolate peanut butter. Thank you so much for educating me on this as I wasn't aware of this product! I am so excited!
Old 03-06-2015, 03:48 PM   #56  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImASharkIPromise View Post
Planning to make a big order this weekend, and am thinking I'll try some of those Quest chips... I see Rainbow likes the sea salt, but has anyone tried the others? What do you think of them?

I actually just picked up 2 boxes of them - bbq and cheddar & sour cream.
That is interesting on the sea salt. Numerous people I have talked to don't like that flavor so I have avoided it.
Cheddar and Sour Cream are my favorite; although, I was expecting my favorite to be BBQ but they are a close second. BBQ is my favorite IP chip.

Last edited by Ro22; 03-06-2015 at 03:48 PM.
Old 03-06-2015, 04:06 PM   #57  
Start IP 11/24/14

S/C/G: 244/132/130

Height: 5'6"

Quote:

Please post what you decide to order! I just placed an order with Nashua and should be coming soon!

PS - I LOVE your avatar!! So, so cute
Old 03-06-2015, 04:38 PM   #58  
Restarted IP 7/3/2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio53 View Post
Please post what you decide to order! I just placed an order with Nashua and should be coming soon!
Let me know what you get and how you like them! We can compare notes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio53 View Post
PS - I LOVE your avatar!! So, so cute
Thanks! It's from a Youtube video... I have cats and a fondness for sharks, so I die every time I see it.
Old 03-06-2015, 04:49 PM   #59  

Quote:

I'm so NOT a BBQ chip fan. My 2 favs are sour cream & cheese and salt/vinegar

My GNC doesn't carry the powder. I can order at the store for delivery (no shipping for members) or order online and pay shipping. Today it's easier to go online. 3.99 flat shipping
Old 03-06-2015, 04:51 PM   #60  

The quest protein powder is a little bit too sweet for me. I fix that by mixing it with some plain protein powder. Yesterday I goofed and mixed my peanut butter and chocolate tubs together. I had the chocolate cut with plain. But the peanut butter was not. Now my whole tub is too sweet until I get more plain

It will be fine for muffins. But for shakes it is too sweet for my taste.
Closed Thread