Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2015, 09:43 AM   #61  
SBDubs

S/C/G: 198.4/179.6/165

Height: 5'11''

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Sashimi, yes.... sushi (Rice, Japanese style mayo, avocado, etc) no. Miso soup with seaweed & bits of tofu, yes.
OH YUMMY! What type of fish have you gotten as sashimi?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
way to go!
Thanks, Rainbow!
Old 03-01-2015, 10:30 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 283/266/225

Height: 6'1

I know most of y'all r women but I am in week 2 and the weight is still flying off at 2lbs a day. This is nice but kinda worries me that it is coming off tooo fast.
Old 03-01-2015, 10:32 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 211/179/170

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUGEmongus View Post
I know most of y'all r women but I am in week 2 and the weight is still flying off at 2lbs a day. This is nice but kinda worries me that it is coming off tooo fast.
don't worry, it will come off fast in your first week but the progress with be a a slower rate after. I lost 8.2lbs in my first week.
Old 03-01-2015, 10:39 AM   #64  

We got 6-8 inches of snow last nite so I'm staying home by my fire today while STL digs out. I'm originally from a northern state so I'm not afraid to venture out but the crazy drivers here don't have a healthy respect for how slippery it can be. They're just dangerous.

I have a newsletter to create and some computer stuff for work so that should keep me busy (and ahead-of-the-game when I get to work tomorrow).

We smoked some meat yesterday (before it started snowing) so today I'll be making some slaw from a couple of heads of cabbage I have in the fridge and roasting brussels sprouts. Keeping it simple but since the oven will be on, I'll probably also throw in some chocolate-peanut butter muffins (recipe here for new folks). I use a combo of quest chocolate and quest peanut butter protein powders for this flavor.

Quote:
Enjoy that! You're right, guys lose faster.
It'll slow soon and then you'll be dreaming for this speed again.
Some guys (especially younger ones) drop weight really quick!

Last edited by lisa32989; 03-01-2015 at 10:53 AM.
Old 03-01-2015, 11:16 AM   #65  
Start IP 11/24/14

S/C/G: 244/132/130

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
That is great - you are doing terrific. It will slow down a bit and as long as you follow the sheet, you will have great results!!
Old 03-01-2015, 11:18 AM   #66  
Start IP 11/24/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
We got 6-8 inches of snow last nite so I'm staying home by my fire today while STL digs out. I'm originally from a northern state so I'm not afraid to venture out but the crazy drivers here don't have a healthy respect for how slippery it can be. They're just dangerous.

I have a newsletter to create and some computer stuff for work so that should keep me busy (and ahead-of-the-game when I get to work tomorrow).

We smoked some meat yesterday (before it started snowing) so today I'll be making some slaw from a couple of heads of cabbage I have in the fridge and roasting brussels sprouts. Keeping it simple but since the oven will be on, I'll probably also throw in some chocolate-peanut butter muffins (recipe here for new folks). I use a combo of quest chocolate and quest peanut butter protein powders for this flavor.

Sounds like a great day to stay inside by the fire!!
Old 03-01-2015, 11:19 AM   #67  
Start IP 11/24/14

Quote:

Sounds like a great day to stay inside and keep warm and enjoy the fire!!
Old 03-01-2015, 11:51 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 283/266/225

Height: 6'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstbkuz View Post
don't worry, it will come off fast in your first week but the progress with be a a slower rate after. I lost 8.2lbs in my first week.
Thanx y'all!! I saw my buddy a few months ago and he WAS built like me muscular but after years of hard work with a beer belly haha. Now he looks like we did 10 years ago he said all he did was IP. I was so amazed because he didn't lose any muscle mass at all, not that I like men but he looked great. So I had to try and 10 days i am blown away might even start working out again!!
Old 03-01-2015, 12:24 PM   #69  
~Learning Everyday~

S/C/G: 310.8/ ticker /175

Height: 5'7''

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceyjblack View Post
If there is a target nearby you can get pure protein shakes and bars. The chocolate and vanilla shakes are good substitutes. I Use alternative and I have the vanilla shake mixed with a flavored coffee for breakfast every day.
What is the brand? going to go today
Old 03-01-2015, 12:34 PM   #70  

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceyjblack View Post
If there is a target nearby you can get pure protein shakes and bars. The chocolate and vanilla shakes are good substitutes. I Use alternative and I have the vanilla shake mixed with a flavored coffee for breakfast every day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetenuf View Post
What is the brand? going to go today
Pure Protein is the brand Stacey suggested.
There is also EAS Carb Control at Target.

Last edited by lisa32989; 03-01-2015 at 01:10 PM.
Old 03-01-2015, 12:46 PM   #71  
~Learning Everyday~

S/C/G: 310.8/ ticker /175

Height: 5'7''

Quote:
Pure Protein is the brand Stacey suggested.
There is also EAS Carb Control at Target.
ty lisa
Old 03-01-2015, 01:14 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 339/329/146

Quote:
IIRC, the IP advertising says women lose 3-5 pounds per week, and men lose 5-8. I lost more than a pound per day in my first 9 days, and I'm female. So losing 2 lbs per day in the second week is a lot, but it's probably within normal range for a guy.

It will definitely slow down over time. I haven't heard of many people staying in that 3-5 or 5-8 pound per week range for their whole IP journey. (Though because the first week is so dramatic, our averages probably stay that high for months.) If anyone does maintain that speed of weight loss, they're very lucky--and very good.
Old 03-01-2015, 01:24 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 186/178/160

Lisa, Ty for the recipie. I hope to experiment more when my knee heals and I can stand longer on my feet. For now this injury had kept me out of the stores, therefore reducing my temptations, and now I am down two more pounds! At least something came out of this experience.
Happy Sunday all!
Old 03-01-2015, 01:33 PM   #74  
SBDubs

S/C/G: 198.4/179.6/165

Height: 5'11''

New meal revelation...

Candy cane kcup iced with chocolate shake=mint chocolate mocha. So good!!!
Old 03-01-2015, 02:09 PM   #75  

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_magpie View Post
IIRC, the IP advertising says women lose 3-5 pounds per week, and men lose 5-8. I lost more than a pound per day in my first 9 days, and I'm female. So losing 2 lbs per day in the second week is a lot, but it's probably within normal range for a guy.

It will definitely slow down over time. I haven't heard of many people staying in that 3-5 or 5-8 pound per week range for their whole IP journey. (Though because the first week is so dramatic, our averages probably stay that high for months.) If anyone does maintain that speed of weight loss, they're very lucky--and very good.
IP corporate actually changed (lowered) those claims over a year ago. I believe it is now 2-4 for women (and this is AVERAGED over your WL journey, not expected weekly). Individual coaches/clinics sometimes still use the older advertisements (I used to see 3-7 lbs). I notice IP corporate doesn't even have average claims on their website anymore.

It DID take months for me to drop below the 2/week avg

Last edited by lisa32989; 03-01-2015 at 05:05 PM.
Closed Thread