Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2015, 08:28 AM   #31  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andi4630 View Post
I have been on IP for 8 weeks now and am excited to be on this journey. The only thing I am having trouble with is getting all the vegetables in! I was wondering if anyone has ever tried the "It works" greens while on this diet. I used to take them but stopped when I started IP.

I know the best answer is to not take them and get the actual 4 cups of vegetable is somehow. Im not asking if I could totally supplement with the greens but if maybe it would help a little?
The whole point is to learn a healthier way of eating. We really need the caloires, carbs, and bulk (fiber) that are in the veggies.

There are some super-simple ways to "get in" veggies
  • Steam or sautee a bunch and puree to add to IP soups (I use celery, leeks, bok choy, mushrooms).
  • Cook spinach. It reduces to practically "nothing"
  • Peruse the fun with veggie puree thread (it's in the first post of this thread). All of the purees reduce greatly, as well.
  • Also, mashed cauliflower makes a great replacement for mashed potatoes and it reduces, as well. It is easy if you start with frozen.
Before you know it, you'll be wishing you could have MORE veggies! It is all about a change in lifetyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
i have some xantham gum but have never tried it!!
does it work just like cornstarch?? just add it to a cold liquid?
You are so adventurous! I've tried it in the past and found it gums up quite a bit. I just did a simple Google search for "how to use xanthan gum" and found some pretty good directions that way. I'll have to get mine back out and try again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post
Don't think I have posted here in a while. Had a 0 on the scale this week, but lost inches so I'm good with that. Need to tighten the belt if I want to hit my next goal of Onederland by my birthday. Only 4 weeks to go and I am in Vegas for 4 days prior to the birthday wi....ugh.
Oh, the doggone scale...both our friend and foe. So happy for your inches! It can make the flatline on the scale a bit easier to take for one week.

Last edited by lisa32989; 02-27-2015 at 08:29 AM.
Old 02-27-2015, 08:35 AM   #32  

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeterminedDieter View Post
TGIF!!! It's the weekend before my Bday and we are having friends over for games and drinks. I'm looking forward to it, even though I know one friend is going to pester me to drink Actually she always does, I'm not really a drinker, and partake at a party only once in a blue moon. So I haven't missed it.

The party is pretty casual, so I just picked up chips for the guests to eat, and I'm pretty please with myself. When I bought them I picked my favourite kinds, and I know I will not even be tempted to eat them
I used to drink with my friends all the time.
When I went to maintenance, I started to a bit but realized I don't feel good when I drink. It bothers my stomach. Not in a "hangover" way but just in a not feeling so good kind of way. I still have friends who pester me to drink but they realize I'm happier and feel better if I stick to my seltzer water (I have a Soda Stream to "sparkle" my water)

I'm going to a party this weekend, too.
Everyone is bringing food and beer for tasting. I'm okay without the beer.
And, I'm going back to an old Super Bowl thread to find the Buffalo chicken "wings" recipe (actually white meat nuggets).

I'll take those with a veggie tray (celery, cukes, red bell peppers)

So, I'll rearrange my packets for the day, having the snack early and the meat at the party. That'll keep me away from anything others bring that is not OP (which will probably be EVERYTHING else!).
Old 02-27-2015, 09:20 AM   #33  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

G'morning all! Not much planned for the weekend here (as usual) but I do need to re-organize my freezer. No matter what I do, it always seems that the one thing you need for the next meal has found its way to the bottom! I have one of those French door types with the drawer freezer.

Doesn't my life sound exciting?

NSV to report! I pulled out a pair of jeans not checking to see which size they were and they slipped right on, and zipped right up with no problems! 4 weeks ago I struggled to get these same jeans zipped! STRUGGLED, I tell ya'!! The whole "lay on the bed, raise up your butt and suck in your gut" thing struggled! Gosh, but that was such a great feeling! I might even need to put a belt on!

Have a great OP day and weekend!
Old 02-27-2015, 10:54 AM   #34  
Ready to reboot

S/C/G: Reboot with 140 as my goal

Height: 5'4"

Oh Frawniemae, isn't that a great NSV feeling when the jeans might need a belt!!! Congratulations!!!! I haven't lost enough to go down to the next size in my jeans but they are certainly looser and way baggie in the butt. :-)
Old 02-27-2015, 11:02 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

Awesome Frawniemae!! And you'll be down a size in no time Great Dane
Old 02-27-2015, 11:09 AM   #36  
Start IP 11/24/14

S/C/G: 244/132/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by frawniemae View Post
G'morning all! Not much planned for the weekend here (as usual) but I do need to re-organize my freezer. No matter what I do, it always seems that the one thing you need for the next meal has found its way to the bottom! I have one of those French door types with the drawer freezer.

NSV to report! I pulled out a pair of jeans not checking to see which size they were and they slipped right on, and zipped right up with no problems! 4 weeks ago I struggled to get these same jeans zipped! STRUGGLED, I tell ya'!! The whole "lay on the bed, raise up your butt and suck in your gut" thing struggled! Gosh, but that was such a great feeling! I might even need to put a belt on!

That's great - congratulations!!
Old 02-27-2015, 11:21 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 186/178/160

Good morning Ipeeps: been sticking to the plan and I feel good. Experimenting with Rainbows recipes, and so far enjoying all of them. question for you: what are people's takes on the walden farms products? I bought some with the idea of trying the Big Mac bowl but anticipating the nastiness of a WF product. this is what I got
WF thousand island drag. And marshmallow topping.
has anyone tried these?
Old 02-27-2015, 11:34 AM   #38  
Started IP 11/26/2014

S/C/G: 205 (190 on IP)/174/150

Height: 5'5"

carmie - I personally thought the thousand island dressing was nasty. I think most WF products are. But, when used in big mac in a bowl I really liked it.
Old 02-27-2015, 11:36 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 211/179/170

Height: 5'10

uuuggghh I have been sick for what feels like forever
I finally logged in today to enter my weight loss for the past few weeks into the spring 25 challenge and was pleased to see I had lost 74% of the weight I wanted to loose in these past 7 weeks.

With only 10 more pounds to go I am starting to get scared. This is usually the time where I break away from things and binge. It's this internal trigger that tells me I don't get to be happy. But dog gone it, I will not give it and I will make it through this last stretch

NSV: I bought Jeans yesterday for the first time since after my pregnancy with my first (when I was 170, 9 years) and I went into this store (Below the belt) and looked at all the tiny sizes and wanted to turn around but the sales lady said, oh you must be a 31/32 and I was like, yeah right probably a 36. Then after shoving me in the room with a pile of jeans I picked a pair of 32 skinny jeans that I could of even got a tad smaller but they didn't have them in stock and I loved how they looked I can't tell you how great it felt to fit comfortable in jeans and look good

So this past week when I was sick I wasn't able to stomach any animal protein so with my coaches advice I ended up having 2 extra IP packs a day to make up the protein. I honestly wasn't even hungry and if it wasn't for raspberry mousse, pudding and WF chocolate sauce this girl probably wouldn't of even ate. I did loose 8.4 this week but it was my TOM last week and I only lost 0.6 so at least all of it wasn't sick weight. I just hope none of it comes back

NOw I am off to read everyones wonderful stories. Missed you all

Last edited by jstbkuz; 02-27-2015 at 11:50 AM.
Old 02-27-2015, 11:43 AM   #40  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimo88 View Post
Andi4630 I would imagine the supplements just give you the vitamins...but you need the fiber and everything else in the actual veggies themselves. Sometimes it's not so easy to get them in but I'm sure you can figure out a way! Personally I love to take frozen rhubarb and WF pancake syrup and heat it on the stove until it's the consistency of rhubarb pie filling. It's AMAZING, feels like a treat, and very easy to get your veggies in that way! Get creative and I'm sure you'll find you have no problem getting your 4c veggies in!
That sounds amazing

Now can you send me some rhubarb? lol You're in B.C, I am in Edmonton, A.B
Old 02-27-2015, 11:48 AM   #41  

Quote:
Originally Posted by frawniemae View Post

That is so awesome!!! Congrats
Old 02-27-2015, 12:00 PM   #42  

Thanks kira
Old 02-27-2015, 12:24 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 187/183/145

Height: 5'7"

Morning all! Not too much to report here. Just busy with work and life. My mom is here for a visit, and she is on IP as well, so we've planned to try some new recipes over the weekend. My husband is bummed about not getting a job he wanted, so I'll have to figure out a way to cheer him up It seems like everyone is doing great, which is awesome to read about! I love coming and catching up every morning with everyone's progress.

Here's to a good rest of the day!
Old 02-27-2015, 07:07 PM   #44  

Well, I got the walden farm products. The verdict- kinda nasty but doable. I bought the marshmallow filling and Almond Roca syrup so I could make the Butterscotch cookies that Rainbow posted. Well, instead of one bottle of syrup, I got three! Must read full description before hitting " Place Order"
Anyone know of anymore recipes calling for Almond Roca syrup?
Old 02-27-2015, 07:19 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 339/329/146

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmie48 View Post
question for you: what are people's takes on the walden farms products? I bought some with the idea of trying the Big Mac bowl but anticipating the nastiness of a WF product. this is what I got
WF thousand island drag. And marshmallow topping.
has anyone tried these?
I like the Honey BBQ sauce and also the normal BBQ sauce, for brushing on chicken and baking. I like their maple-flavored syrup pretty well, though my coach told me IP's is better ... so I bought that, this time around. I was OK with their chocolate sauce, I guess. Didn't care too much for the marshmallow fluff or dips, but that's me; people use them in recipes and seem to like them well enough.

I make my Big Mac bowl with yellow mustard, because I'm not even sure I like normal thousand island dressing, so why would I like WF's? I'm a strange and simple girl, perhaps, but yellow mustard and dill pickles taste SO GOOD with ground beef, to me.
Closed Thread