Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 08:27 AM   #136  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Happy Monday!

Pishposh, great to read your post. Hope your trip went well. Sending you some motivation and willpower. You can do this!

Coffee bean - good luck with your reboot.

I ran my 30km race in 3:10 and 44 sec.. I cried when I saw the 29 km marker and was crying when I crossed the finish line. DH p, kids, parents and ruining friends there. It was an amazing day. There were over 7,000 runners on the road. I have never been apart of something so big. I can't wait to do it again next year. Still sore and likely swollen. Going to bike and swim to try to stretch things out. Thanks so much to all of you for your support

Eating was a all over the place yesterday, all healthy just more carbs. Felt sick for hours after. Back on track P3 today.

Have a great start to the week
Old 03-30-2015, 09:10 AM   #137  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny38 View Post
Happy Monday!

Pishposh, great to read your post. Hope your trip went well. Sending you some motivation and willpower. You can do this!

Coffee bean - good luck with your reboot.

I ran my 30km race in 3:10 and 44 sec.. I cried when I saw the 29 km marker and was crying when I crossed the finish line. DH p, kids, parents and ruining friends there. It was an amazing day. There were over 7,000 runners on the road. I have never been apart of something so big. I can't wait to do it again next year. Still sore and likely swollen. Going to bike and swim to try to stretch things out. Thanks so much to all of you for your support

Eating was a all over the place yesterday, all healthy just more carbs. Felt sick for hours after. Back on track P3 today.

Have a great start to the week
WOW! I am so impressed - great accomplishment Jenny!

Pishposh - how about signing up for a Diet Bet 6 month challenge? Extra incentive to win some money might help you keep focus. I expect to meet my IP goal weight before my game ends in June - probably by mid May, and I hope the game will be my extra incentive to maintain that goal weight thru June 30... A good way to get thru phasing off and a good start to maintenance.
Old 03-30-2015, 10:12 AM   #138  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Just popping in - nothing new or exciting for me, just hanging in there!

Jenny - WTG! That is so awesome!

Back to read more later - I miss everyone!

And hello to all the new faces!
Old 03-30-2015, 11:59 AM   #139  

Hello everyone,
I had a good solid weekend, food and exercise went smoothly. My body is starting to feel back to its normal energy.
It's funny, I'm finding maintenance actually to be a little more time consuming than P1 was, but I know in P1 it took me a month or two to find the rhythm of what to eat and what to pack and what to make ahead of time etc., so I imagine that is what is happening now. It's not bothering me, I'm just noticing it.
My body seems to want to keep losing a little, which I'm trusting, as I stopped 5lbs over my original goal, so maybe it does want to settle a little further down there - my doctor thought that might happen. It's nice though to let it happen without concern or much extra effort, and also eating really well and not being hungry. I lost another pound and a few inches in the last two weeks.
I saw my physical therapist on Friday and I hadn't seen him in a few months, and he continues to be very impressed with this program and how well my body has responded to it. He has known me for 20 years and seen my body go through a lot, and seen me really struggle with metabolism and weight. He said to remember I am in the 2% category (as 98% of people who attempt to lose weight are not able to continue and/or keep it off) and that staying in the 2% will always be a bit of a challenge but I can do it if I recognize the odds and stay at it.
It was also kind of sweet because in the course of the treatment I showed him my little stretch marks and the hanging skin parts I didn't like so much or wasn't totally sure about, and he just laughed and said they are fine and likely will tone out some but nothing unhealthy and just see what I think in a year. He said considering my age I actually was very fortunate as overall it is not so bad and not something that will effect my lifestyle. So it wasn't something I was worried too much about, but nice to have an unexpected outside opinion
Overall I continue to just be so grateful for this plan and what it has given my life and health.
Old 03-30-2015, 01:24 PM   #140  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Happy Monday Maintainers!

Liana: Frogs and robins. A sure sign of spring.

murrcat: Thanks for the encouraging words. From what I had read on the boards 3 lbs. for glycogen was about normal. My weight went back down this morning. Freakout over.

pishposh: That Bourbon trail sounds like a Ale Trail I did in Bend, Oregon ale trail a few summers with my daughter. We hit at least 10 different craft breweries and had some amazing beers! I wasn't on IP at the time.

coffeebean: Best of luck on the reboot

Jenny: Wow! I'm so impressed with your dedication. You go girl.

RuthAnn: Hello.

grateful: I too have lots of saggy skin. And because of my age it probably won't go away. But I'd rather have bat wings than fat wings!

I did my Urban walk downtown on Saturday and got over 13K on my pedometer. I also got 2 toe blisters even though I wore my good socks and walking shoes. So Sunday I was hobbling through the grocery store in flip flops! But my freakout is over. I went back down to 141.6. I'm going to keep the carbs/fats low for a while to see if I can get back to my beginning
maintainence weight or a little lower to see if I can get the body fat down as well.
Old 03-30-2015, 01:48 PM   #141  
IP -9/15/13 @goal 1/18/14

S/C/G: 184.4/157 /137

Height: 5'4

Hi all - been traveling for work, which is a last hurrah for me as I am semi retiring in a week or so! I will probably have to go back to work - not old enough to tap into the retirement funds but I think my days of corporate grinds are over!!! Up 2 lbs this week due to travel eating and sitting on airplanes - on the 2 cross-country flights, could not crack 8000 steps those days, jeesh. I have some knee surgery scheduled for the week after I leave work, so already decided I'll be back on Phase 1 until I can move a bit more.

Jenny - 30 KM - wow ! my feet and knees are aching in sympathy!! But I am SOOO impressed!

catlady & grateful - I hear ya re the loose skin - it's been a year and it has actually tightened up but not gone away. I do take biotin and collagen so will continue to do that. And who knows, I may get a consult with a surgeon to see what getting the skin on my stomach tucked will involve. I'll share whatever I find out.

Hope everyone has a great week.
Old 03-30-2015, 04:16 PM   #142  

S/C/G: 178/174/147

Height: 5 ft 5 in

I am on a reboot but hope to be in maintenance soon. I am not a big breakfast eater but I love having my protein shake in the morning. On maintenance phase 4 can I have a shake in the morning then my breakfast for lunch and my normal dinner per phase 4. Has anyone done this with success.
Old 03-30-2015, 04:37 PM   #143  

cat lady I like your batwings analogy maybe I'll think of them as a nicer wing like bird or angel .... I also have some small thigh wings and a belly wing but like you, it is a minimal issue compared to the extra weight.

ecdcslim my physical therapist did mention that if after a year I wanted to consider some kind of surgery - for me it would likely be abdominal perhaps as there is some skin there that likely won't tighten all the way (we'll see) - that I do several consultations, and make sure that the surgeon is using the best current cutting procedure, which is to stitch and sew individual skin layers, rather than one big incision/scar. I hadn't heard of that before so didn't ask many more questions, but he said for example with abdominal there might be 4 layers.
He said the other thing a lot of people don't consider is that when you cut into skin and tighten it, it has an effect on the whole body and skin/muscular structure, as all of it is being tightened toward the scar.
He said just weigh those effects against whatever health discomforts the extra skin might cause, and see what I think over time.
So I like that, and I have a year to sit with it before I need to worry much more about it.

All of these skin etc. "recommendations" and good ideas from people and around the internet are probably not really so researched... so who knows... but another suggestion he had was to do dry brushing in those areas 5 minutes a day, as that brings circulation to the skin and helps with healing and re-producing collagen. Again, I have no facts to back this up other than he is well known in his field and self-educates himself ongoingly from medical literature.

Last edited by Grateful4Health; 03-30-2015 at 04:38 PM.
Old 03-31-2015, 06:06 AM   #144  

S/C/G: 192/145/145

Height: 5'4

I am up 4 pounds in P3 and feeling alittle bloated and I leave for vacation today. I am going to stay in P3 and try to stay on program but not worry too much. When I get back I will see where I am and either go back to P1 or trudge forward to P4. I'm wondering if I really should be eating these carbs. I didn't want them in the first place! I'm just so confused how important the carbs are in P3 at breakfast. I know that others have said this is normal but I guess I needed to get at or below my goal weight which I didn't really do...
Old 03-31-2015, 08:12 AM   #145  
Just Do It, Mom!

S/C/G: Restart 2/19/15. See Ticker

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grateful4Health View Post
cat lady I like your batwings analogy maybe I'll think of them as a nicer wing like bird or angel .... I also have some small thigh wings and a belly wing
Haha....love this! I hope you all don't mind me crashing your thread. I am no where near maintenance, but it is on my mind constantly as I know I have to figure this out so I, too, can be one of the 2% that actually maintain once the weight is lost. I do have to say I've been struggling with motivating myself to get ANY activity in. I even have it set in my calendar at work to work in 2 walking sessions during the day, and I have yet to get up and DO it! Always seems to be some other (self-imposed usually) priority at that time. I click the 'remind in 5 min' about 4-5 times, then just 'dismiss' the reminder and never go. But tapping into the wisdom and experience of this Maintainers thread, I can see a common 'thread' so to speak. Many of you talk about different forms of activity - lots of walking, running etc. It has motivated me to take that first step! TODAY! Today I am NOT going to ignore my reminder at work. When it pops up, I'm shutting down whatever I'm doing and making ME the priority! Thanks for the inspiration!
Old 03-31-2015, 08:36 AM   #146  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Hi all. I am on week 2 of P4 and getting into the swing of it. Not like the rhythm of P1 yet. But I think I am actually getting it.

I find that I cannot have to many carbs even now. So I have about 1/2 potato at dinner in the form of oven fries. And at breakfast, 2 peices of toast --Dave's high fiber bread. with real butter! Wow!
What I did find was that my terrible cravings returned. That is a huge concern for me. I was thinking I cannot do this for the rest of my life...always feeling hungry.
So I watched a vidoe provided by my clinic...they come every morning in my e-mail. And the doc talked about the importance of snacking to help curb the hypoglycemia.
So now I have a handfull of almonds in the afternoon. and Like I cannot believe I can have just one handful of almonds.
I got almonds because they are my least fav nut.
Anyway, that really really helped!!!!
I like the science part of IP. It makes sense to me.
Old 03-31-2015, 09:18 AM   #147  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

oneuh2, I love the idea of the diet bet. I'll have to do two 4-week ones it looks like. I told my coach about it and she loved the idea too.

Hi Jenny, congrats on the 30km! You are amazing!

All the new maintainers, hang in there.
Old 03-31-2015, 10:52 AM   #148  

Hi Delgen I am in the same place, about 3 weeks in. I do three small snacks a day, sometimes two, but that really helps me also. Definitely the hunger came back, but I'm looking at that as a good thing - at first it scared me also, and occasionally I feel that fear again. It seems to come from carb sensitivity, I notice it more after carbs, so like you I am just reducing them slightly.... finding the right "chemical concoction" with the food that works for my body. It seems that adding a little fat like avocado/cheese/yogurt seems to curb the hunger more than carbs, so I am adjusting more that way.
BTW I pack my nuts in little baggies for the week, and just bring one or two with me, so then I don't need to worry about how much I'm getting in....
My weight is staying the same or dropping slightly, so even though it feels like a lot of food, my body seems to be processing it fine, and wants it.
Let's do this thing!
Old 03-31-2015, 03:02 PM   #149  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Hi everyone: Just a humorous site for those of us using MFP to track macros. I got a big kick out of it this morning. An MFP friend sent it to me.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/catesevilla/...his#.rd7bdXwJb

Liana
Old 03-31-2015, 05:56 PM   #150  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Hi everyone: Just a humorous site for those of us using MFP to track macros. I got a big kick out of it this morning. An MFP friend sent it to me.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/catesevilla/...his#.rd7bdXwJb

Liana
Haha! That's so funny. I HATE those red numbers!
Closed Thread