Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2015, 04:25 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 157/119.8/125 r/b 136/136/125

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_magpie View Post
This is my day 3. I am SO TIRED. I don't remember being this tired, last time. Maybe the weather is contributing? Maybe I didn't sleep that well?
I was exhausted the first few days. I recall falling asleep early in the evenings & being sluggish. Once the shock of carb changes took place, I had lots of energy. I'm on day 2 for a reboot & am tired today.
Old 02-21-2015, 04:42 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 339/329/146

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkids View Post
I'm on day 2 for a reboot & am tired today.
Here's hoping we both feel awesome by Monday!
Old 02-21-2015, 05:34 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
How many days have you been a member?
Thought today was 20 days - maybe it's tomorrow. I will try again.
Old 02-21-2015, 06:12 PM   #19  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Rainbowsmiles and frawniemae inspired me to try the chayote today. Found it in Sprouts (in with the fruit!) and had some on Quest strawberries & cream crepes (a few problems with the first few, but adapted it enough to make it work) and the WF maple syrup (quite nice and more like a syrup than IP's version).

Yummy. Poor hubby liked it so much he had to leave the table while I ate mine, as he wanted it so badly.
Old 02-21-2015, 06:39 PM   #20  
Started IP 8/5/2014

S/C/G: 240/183/154

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_magpie View Post
This is my day 3. I am SO TIRED. I don't remember being this tired, last time. Maybe the weather is contributing? Maybe I didn't sleep that well?

I'm sure everyone already knows about the broccoli cheesy bread recipe, but if not, I can confirm that it's pretty tasty, startlingly bread-like, and SO STICKY, WHOA. When they say "Pam the pie plate," they mean it; don't miss a spot, and don't use a lesser method of greasing it (like, say, coconut oil). http://idealproteinlg.com/index.php?...read&Itemid=46

Has anyone tried this one? Is it good? http://idealproteinlg.com/component/...cinnamon-bread

(This is not my clinic. I use things from all of the clinics that post things online.)

Yes, I have issues with things sticking. Many times I will just lay parchment paper on a cookie sheet and spread the dough out in a circle. It comes right up with no mess.

The cinnamon bread sounds good. I am sure it would be fine. I don't have the crispy cereal, but I will make something like it with vanilla drink mix.

My best advice on the fatigue is to just take it as easy as you can the first week or two. The lovely thing is that you can just sit still and lose all kinds of weight the first week. Pamper yourself and this will all pass.
Old 02-21-2015, 07:00 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Guess its chayote week! I found some today and picked it up. Not sure when I'll make it - maybe tomorrow afternoon if I have time and energy.

I make "bread" with a lot of packets, including broccoli-cheese (adding chopped broccoli or shredded zucchini), and crispy cereal - made it this morning in fact with a cup of zucchini. I do bake them a little longer when I add veggies so they aren't so wishy-washy.
Old 02-22-2015, 06:58 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Another snow dump on me in NJ means shoveling out before DS and I head off to the animal shelter to volunteer today....at least I get some exercise in lol...

Chayote...I need to find this! Have looked in 2 stores so far and no luck!

I think today I will bake some muffins. Have not done those in a while. Also have not made my flatbread for lunch.....thanks for the good ideas lol. I sometimes find myself in an IP rut lol.
Old 02-22-2015, 10:05 AM   #23  
100% Committed

S/C/G: 205/173/110

Height: 5.0 feet

Default Hey, Everyone

I am just checking in. I haven't been posting for a while, but I have been remaining faithful to the plan and reading the posts every now and then. I am now down 22 lbs in less that 2 months! So I am happy about that. People are noticing the difference in my appearance but even more so in my strict adherence (This is very new behavior for me. I have now stayed faithful to the plan for 56 days. That's unprecedented for me!).

I want to make a commitment to post here at least twice a week and read posts from here more than that.

BTW, Staceyjblack, I have not tried the recipe you posted, but it looks fantastic. I will be trying it, but I will be substituting the sautéed onions with sautéed green onions because otherwise I think it deviates from IP

Rainbowsmiles, thank you so much for posting your updated recipe book! I am blown away by your creativity and how yummy all those concoctions look. Over Spring Break, my goal is to try at least three of those recipes. Most likely, I will be making the cauliflower fritters, celeriac soup, and sweet and spicy basalmic (sp??) glazed meatballs. I am psyched.

Thanks, everyone, for your wonderful ideas and your encouraging posts. They keep me going! Keep up the great work

Last edited by SweetRelease713; 02-22-2015 at 10:06 AM.
Old 02-22-2015, 01:23 PM   #24  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

I suddenly realized I was out of some key products and while placing orders I found this Walden Farms promo code for the WaldenFarms.com website - buy 5 get 5 free. WS-Q1114-05

I could not find the new creamer in my stores and I needed pancake syrup badly - I use it for many recipes. So this worked great for me.

Kinda down in the dumps today.... Yesterday I read that NY Times article and several of its links re: the poor prognosis for maintaining a large weight loss.... Very depressing prognosis.... It is a sober truth - sustaining even the losses I have achieved to date requires full commitment - being "all in" - for every waking hour the rest of my life. Do I have that will? Gosh I hope so.... I guess it's like AA... One day at a time.
Old 02-22-2015, 02:10 PM   #25  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkids View Post
I was exhausted the first few days. I recall falling asleep early in the evenings & being sluggish. Once the shock of carb changes took place, I had lots of energy. I'm on day 2 for a reboot & am tired today.
I just had to comment that I'm a Eagle Scout mom, too! My son's high school graduating class of about 260 students boasted 11 Eagle Scouts; 9 of which were from the same troop, and 5 of those had been scouting together since 1st grade! They have all gone their separate ways but still keep in touch with each other and their troop leaders (who are still at it after almost 30 years!)

I hope your tiredness has worn off. It will get better soon, if not!
Old 02-22-2015, 02:13 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 339/329/146

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
I suddenly realized I was out of some key products and while placing orders I found this Walden Farms promo code for the WaldenFarms.com website - buy 5 get 5 free. WS-Q1114-05
Thank you for this! I didn't actually NEEEED 10 WF bottles right now, but since I currently have zero, and $3-something a pop (with shipping) is a better deal than the $4.99 they seem to run locally, I stocked up on the BBQ sauce and a few that I know I'll need. Until you open them, they have a shelf life of forever.

Quote:
Kinda down in the dumps today.... Yesterday I read that NY Times article and several of its links re: the poor prognosis for maintaining a large weight loss.... Very depressing prognosis.... It is a sober truth - sustaining even the losses I have achieved to date requires full commitment - being "all in" - for every waking hour the rest of my life. Do I have that will? Gosh I hope so.... I guess it's like AA... One day at a time.
I didn't read that one, and maybe now I won't, if it's made you sad for a whole day.

We all know this is a lifetime commitment, though: that's why Phase 4 is ongoing. And after following Phase 1 for so long and then Phases 2 and 3, Phase 4 will feel a lot like freedom. If you haven't peeked ahead, here's what it looks like.

I mean, yes, pizza only happens on "fun day," and it looks like you have to follow up "fun day" with basically a Phase 1 day? (Any maintainers who want to set me straight, please, feel free.) But, still, that's not a bad way to live.

It'll be OK. The statistics on long-term weight maintenance look bad, I know, but focus on the fact that some people do maintain, and promise yourself you'll cultivate a habit of mindful eating, in order to be one of those people. You can do it!

(Why, yes, I am talking to myself, here, too. )
Old 02-22-2015, 02:36 PM   #27  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetRelease713 View Post

Rainbowsmiles, thank you so much for posting your updated recipe book! I am blown away by your creativity and how yummy all those concoctions look. Over Spring Break, my goal is to try at least three of those recipes. Most likely, I will be making the cauliflower fritters, celeriac soup, and sweet and spicy basalmic (sp??) glazed meatballs. I am psyched.
i'm so glad there are some recipes you liked!! i love to create!!

Quote:

I could not find the new creamer in my stores and I needed pancake syrup badly - I use it for many recipes. So this worked great for me.
have you tried the seafood sauce??? which creamers do you like the best?
Old 02-22-2015, 03:50 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 273/273/180

Does anyone know if that coupon code will work on the waldenfarms.ca website??
Old 02-22-2015, 04:26 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Quote:

I am not going to lie to you, maintenance does require that type of commitment. And... It does get old and sometimes messy. I do find myself resenting the hyper focus and sometimes having to decline fun invitations that will not fit into my plan for the week. Getting rid of my all or nothing mentality is a struggle too. The whole thing can be exhausting, so I can understand the regain. But if I stop now, I would have to start again because living my life at 237 pounds was not acceptable to me.

I remind myself that I am healthier (normal blood pressure without medication now), have more energy and clothes shopping is easy. The outside world treats me differently based on their perception of my physical appearance, I haven't really changed but they have. Life is better without the weight.

Plus- when I went off plan last week for my stay-cation, food did not make me feel any better. I just felt puffy! I think that most of us have used food for comfort, entertainment and distraction. Changing behaviors that are entrenched is hard work. I think that we fall into a slide when we do not work the program and use the strategies daily. But all of us- are worth it. The big picture (a lifetime) can be overwhelming, just take it one bite at a time. Maybe make a list of what has changed in your life since you have been losing the weight. Try to focus on the present, you are doing great today and that is wonderful.
Old 02-22-2015, 06:07 PM   #30  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Quote:

It frustrates me that the media is full of "fat people need to get on a diet" and then they post the statistics about how often people regain after they lose all the weight.

It's like a no-win situation. They celebrate success by publishing all the large loss stories, while encouraging us to fail. How sad is that?

The way I see it, I have choices.
1. I can choose to eat anything in moderation and deal with any resultant minor gains soon after they occur
2. I can relapse and regain (not going to happen again)
3. I can gain and lose the same lbs endlessly by eating what I want and returning to IP.

In health and well-being terms, number 1 is the best option, but .... whatever keeps me in a healthy range can also be made to work when necessary.
Closed Thread