Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2015, 11:01 PM   #16  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by frawniemae View Post
Got up wanting to bake something so I did. Ended up with 4 servings each of wildberry bread, chocolate chip mini muffins and maple cinnamon mini muffins. Saving for my evening snacks/IP servings to go with some hot herbal tea. I'm working towards having a variety of baked goods to have ready for when we go on our 2 week roadtrip to SW Utah in April. So far, I think the muffins will travel better. Been dehydrating some veggies to bring with me for road munchies, too. So far I love the zucchini and yellow squash chips. Thinking of trying dill pickles but not sure how they'll do. they're relatively cheap so if it doesn't work (ends up too salty or won't keep long, etc) it won't have cost me much. Hope everyone is having a great OP day!
Oh Frawniemae -- I want to come stay with you through the rest of my P1 program -- your daily menu is so full of variety, and you find the time and will to make packet magic much more often than I do. I think you and Rainbowsmiles should open an IP restaurant!!

Muffins on the weekend is about it for me on the fun with packets front... I have not tried the bread version, altho I have used the potato puree together with Wildberry and some oatmeal (Proti Diet is MUCH cheaper for baking than the good IP oatmeal) to make muffins. I love the 4 serving approach, as it takes no more time and provides several meals of results.

I have to warn you that you must refrigerate the muffins to keep them for more than a day or two - I had some go moldy before I was ready to eat them. A plastic ziplock on the counter was not a good way to store them.
Old 02-13-2015, 08:36 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 202/168/160

Height: 5'8"

Good morning! Woohoo, it's Friday. So ready for the weekend. This has been a busy week for me. Been catching up on reading yesterday's posts. I have got to try using some of my packets to make some muffins. I agree with Oneuh2 about the restaurant. I would definitely be a frequent customer. Reading these posts have made me hungry this morning. On that note, I will get up and go make my chocolate IP drink.

Hope everyone has an OP day and great Friday.
Old 02-13-2015, 09:41 AM   #18  

Default Beck Diet Solution Daily Tip

Sabotaging Thought: I had a long and stressful day. I deserve to just relax and eat whatever I want.

Response: While I do deserve comfort after a hard day, I also deserve to feel good about myself, be healthy, feel confident, fit into my clothes, etc., so I just can’t use food as a means to relax. There are other ways to treat myself that come with NO negative consequences.
Old 02-13-2015, 09:52 AM   #19  
Started IP 11/26/2014

S/C/G: 205 (190 on IP)/174/150

Height: 5'5"

I just bought the beck book, I can't wait to start reading it!! Thanks for sharing tips from the book on this board Lisa!
Old 02-13-2015, 09:57 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

Great thought Lisa, and happy, happy Friday!!!

My week hasn't been too bad work-wise, and it was a short week for me, but I am glad it is over! I'm PMS-y and that means cranky, unfocused, restless, annoyed, sensitive, tired and snack-y all at once! But I am pushing through it, and not caving, and so far no one has been hurt

Our town lock out is finally over, so thankfully they have started to widen the roads. Hopefully they will start scraping them soon too, the potholes and rivets are treacherous! People have gotten stuck with a wheel or two completely off the road!

I hope everyone has a great, relaxing OP weekend
Old 02-13-2015, 12:40 PM   #21  
Restart: 1/5/15

S/C/G: 212/199.2/140

Height: 5'9"/36 yo

Happy Friday, everyone. Sending lots of good thoughts to everyone who is experiencing winter weather right now. Stay safe!
Old 02-13-2015, 01:12 PM   #22  
Ready to reboot

S/C/G: Reboot with 140 as my goal

For some reason I was really really thirsty last night and drank an additional 48 oz of water (with a little bit of IP mangosteen) above my usual 80 oz. Today I am extra hungry. Not sure if there is a correlation. Had my IP crispy cereal as cereal when I got to work at 7am today and by 9 i was starving. Drinking a nice mug of white tea right now while i work, wishing for lunch (some kind of IP packet with cauli). :-) You know you're hungry when you are looking forward to IP and cauli!!!!!
Old 02-13-2015, 03:22 PM   #23  
Creating my future today

S/C/G: 183/179/135

Height: 5'5.5"

Anyone have any clever solutions for ketosis-breath?
Old 02-13-2015, 03:25 PM   #24  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigridia View Post
Anyone have any clever solutions for ketosis-breath?
Hi, Tigridia - I cary around one of those Binaca breath sprays in my purse. That works well for me and it is zero calories, no sugar.
Old 02-13-2015, 03:28 PM   #25  
Creating my future today

S/C/G: 183/179/135

Height: 5'5.5"

Thanks, Lizzy!
Old 02-13-2015, 03:39 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 208.5/193.5/135

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Dane View Post
For some reason I was really really thirsty last night and drank an additional 48 oz of water (with a little bit of IP mangosteen) above my usual 80 oz. Today I am extra hungry. Not sure if there is a correlation. Had my IP crispy cereal as cereal when I got to work at 7am today and by 9 i was starving. Drinking a nice mug of white tea right now while i work, wishing for lunch (some kind of IP packet with cauli). :-) You know you're hungry when you are looking forward to IP and cauli!!!!!
It's probably nothing but keep an eye on it...have you ever had your blood sugar tested? I am finding the pancake and porridge to be my best breakfast yet. Keeps me satisfied until lunch. I know what you mean about looking forward to your next meal...its when I keep looking at the clock, usually mid afternoon checking to see how long it is until supper!
Old 02-13-2015, 03:50 PM   #27  

Thought for the day...try to figure out your triggers...mine is boredom or doing something I don't really enjoy and then figure out your solution to it. Mine is grazing... A little nibble here and another one there. I have discovered that for me the solution is to break the hand to mouth habit more than the eating habit. Whether I am eating a cookie, a celery stick, or drinking a cup of herbal tea the motion is still there. That is what I have to work on. Replace with an activity I enjoy...reading, go for a quick walk etc..... I might beat this yet.

I am now on the alternate program and the blood sugars are again normal. I would like to understand why that is but it is all to scientific for me! No weight loss last week and I am thinking the same again this week so not sure what gives there either. Although I did have a very nice NSV when my oldest son (25) came and put his arm around my waist and told me he thought I was getting skinnier! 😄 I have been very OP so still hoping for good results next WI.

It's great to follow along with you all on your journey. Have a great OP weekend!
Old 02-13-2015, 04:07 PM   #28  

Happy Valentine's Day tomorrow! Will enjoy my Chocolate mint bar tomorrow for lunch...I still get my chocolate! ❤️❤️❤️
Old 02-13-2015, 04:32 PM   #29  
Ready to reboot

S/C/G: Reboot with 140 as my goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Type1lady View Post
I am finding the pancake and porridge to be my best breakfast yet. Keeps me satisfied until lunch.
This morning was my only starving feeling day! I've always (I say this since I am on reboot) alternated in a week between crispy cereal (either as cereal or pancakes on weekends twice a week), cappuccino (twice a week) and the IP fruit drinks (3X in a week).
Old 02-13-2015, 05:43 PM   #30  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Dane View Post
This morning was my only starving feeling day! I've always (I say this since I am on reboot) alternated in a week between crispy cereal (either as cereal or pancakes on weekends twice a week), cappuccino (twice a week) and the IP fruit drinks (3X in a week).
Maybe your metabolism is gearing up a notch 😊 that sounds exciting!
Closed Thread