Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2015, 07:13 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Community Daily Chat Mon-Wed Feb 9-11

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 02-09-2015, 10:26 AM   #2  
started IP 6/21/14

S/C/G: SCG: 156/125/125

Height: 5'4"

Hi Everyone! It's been awhile since I've checked in - I hope everyone is doing well. We're being blasted with more snow here in Boston - we're up to record levels this year, gah!

Ladies, I need some help.

I was doing really well maintaining, but then put on a couple pounds over the holidays. I was maintaining those pounds, which was frustrating because pre-holidays I was losing weight in maintenance (scale got down to 123/124!). I decided to do a little reboot (I'd actually love to get down to 120 and live in the 120-125 range in maintenance), but after 1 week of P1 I'm actually UP instead of down. Started at 127.2, up to 127.6 today. I still use alternative products - pure protein bars and quest chips. Tried the bacon/cheese omelette for breakfast and couldn't stomach it, so I make my own, which I know is more calories/fat. I haven't gone into ketosis.

I know it's just 2 lbs, but it FEELS like 20. My thighs are touching again, arms feel flappy, and love handles/muffin top has returned. Generally I just feel big and bloated. I'm concerned that the grains/carbs/sugar over the holidays have done some kind of permanent damage and the IP protocol will no longer work for me. I'm still not eating fruit.

Also - an update on the hair loss situation: It did finally STOP at the six month mark, yay! I had to cut around 4 inches off to clean it up and make it look thicker, but it's growing back in now. I also went gray in the year I was on IP, so that's thrown me for a loop a little!

As always, your advice and insight is always appreciated.

Last edited by darthkitten; 02-09-2015 at 10:28 AM.
Old 02-09-2015, 10:57 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/145.6/125

Height: 5'3"

Had a nice NSV yesterday. At church a lady came up to me and said, you look great, you've lost some weight. I said yes, I've been working on it and still have more to go. She said well I just wanted to tell you it is noticeable and you look great. So nice to hear since no one at work has seemed to notice. I really needed that boost since I have been stalled somewhat for the last few weeks. Sometimes its the little things that can help us get to the finish line.
Old 02-09-2015, 11:00 AM   #4  
IP Start 12/2/2014

S/C/G: 251/176/140

Height: 5'5"

I'm happy to report that I'm in the 100s now! I wouldn't have believed it if you told me 2 months ago how quickly it would happen. IP is worth every penny.
Old 02-09-2015, 11:09 AM   #5  
IP Start 12/2/2014

S/C/G: 251/176/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster2014 View Post
Had a nice NSV yesterday. At church a lady came up to me and said, you look great, you've lost some weight. I said yes, I've been working on it and still have more to go. She said well I just wanted to tell you it is noticeable and you look great. So nice to hear since no one at work has seemed to notice. I really needed that boost since I have been stalled somewhat for the last few weeks. Sometimes its the little things that can help us get to the finish line.
No one has said anything at my job either, and I've lost more than 50 lbs . I think they do notice and just don't say anything, maybe they think it's rude or intrusive. That could be the case at your job too. My family has commented on it though.

Last edited by AwkQuarius; 02-09-2015 at 11:10 AM.
Old 02-09-2015, 11:16 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwkQuarius View Post
I'm happy to report that I'm in the 100s now! I wouldn't have believed it if you told me 2 months ago how quickly it would happen. IP is worth every penny.
CONGRATULATIONS ON REACHING ONEDERLAND!
Old 02-09-2015, 11:17 AM   #7  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Quote:
No one has said anything at my job either, and I've lost more than 50 lbs . I think they do notice and just don't say anything, maybe they think it's rude or intrusive. That could be the case at your job too. My family has commented on it though.
55 pounds was the magic number for me when everyone started commenting.
Old 02-09-2015, 11:18 AM   #8  
Ready to Reboot!

S/C/G: 165.8/161.4/150 (Reboot 2)

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Congrats! That's such a great accomplishment. I am going to my weigh-in this evening, and I hope to be in Onederland as well.
Old 02-09-2015, 11:47 AM   #9  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Hi darth! So good to see you, we've missed you around here. We were just talking about what you posted about in the maintainer's thread. A few of us are struggling with the holiday up pounds. I can related to you, jumping back on the P1 wagon has been tough, and definitely seems to be much slower going. Five pounds off seems like a major hurdle. Mars had a really interesting post about their nutritionist's take on extended keto dieting over on maintainers...come check it out it may resonate with you too.
Old 02-09-2015, 12:01 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 245/188/175

Height: 5'5

Hey everyone! I haven't posted in a bit. Wedding planning is consuming my life! I am down 20lbs in 4 weeks! Getting use to the plan is so much easier! Another one of my engaged friends told me he was going to do P90x with his fiance but he wasn't looking fowawrd to it. I told him about Ideal Protein and how easy it was...soooo worth the cost, woohoo! Also, I was a little skeptical when my dad did it, but now I'm living by "Don't knock it until you try it"! Have a great day everyone.
Old 02-09-2015, 01:34 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthkitten View Post
Hi Everyone! It's been awhile since I've checked in - I hope everyone is doing well. We're being blasted with more snow here in Boston - we're up to record levels this year, gah!

Ladies, I need some help.

I was doing really well maintaining, but then put on a couple pounds over the holidays. I was maintaining those pounds, which was frustrating because pre-holidays I was losing weight in maintenance (scale got down to 123/124!). I decided to do a little reboot (I'd actually love to get down to 120 and live in the 120-125 range in maintenance), but after 1 week of P1 I'm actually UP instead of down. Started at 127.2, up to 127.6 today. I still use alternative products - pure protein bars and quest chips. Tried the bacon/cheese omelette for breakfast and couldn't stomach it, so I make my own, which I know is more calories/fat. I haven't gone into ketosis.

I know it's just 2 lbs, but it FEELS like 20. My thighs are touching again, arms feel flappy, and love handles/muffin top has returned. Generally I just feel big and bloated. I'm concerned that the grains/carbs/sugar over the holidays have done some kind of permanent damage and the IP protocol will no longer work for me. I'm still not eating fruit.

Also - an update on the hair loss situation: It did finally STOP at the six month mark, yay! I had to cut around 4 inches off to clean it up and make it look thicker, but it's growing back in now. I also went gray in the year I was on IP, so that's thrown me for a loop a little!

As always, your advice and insight is always appreciated.
Hey Darth! Welcome back and good luck on your reboot!

Quote:
Yeah! Great job getting into Onederland...I can't wait to join you.....

Well I started today C25K What am I getting myself into LOL....Actually I did not do too bad. I hardly broke a sweat! We will see what tomorrow brings.

Snow day for us again today. I just ran out and picked up some stuff at Walgreens and the side streets are kind of slick as are all the sidewalks and driveways.... Hopefully the kids will be back in school tomorrow.....
Old 02-09-2015, 01:44 PM   #12  

Today is day 1 for me after a terrible holiday season of regaining weight that I worked very hard to lose. My long term goal is to lose the weight and keep it off.

My goal for today is to stick to my food plan.
Old 02-09-2015, 02:08 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 202/168/160

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone! Just checking in and also wanted to report my loss at weigh in today. I am down another 2.5 pounds. So excited. Makes a total of 14 pounds in 3 weeks. So far so good. So thankful I found Ideal protein.

Hope everyone has an OP day. Keep up the good work everyone.
Old 02-09-2015, 02:17 PM   #14  
started IP 6/21/14

S/C/G: SCG: 156/125/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce View Post
Hi darth! So good to see you, we've missed you around here. We were just talking about what you posted about in the maintainer's thread. A few of us are struggling with the holiday up pounds. I can related to you, jumping back on the P1 wagon has been tough, and definitely seems to be much slower going. Five pounds off seems like a major hurdle. Mars had a really interesting post about their nutritionist's take on extended keto dieting over on maintainers...come check it out it may resonate with you too.
PishPosh!! I've missed you guys too! I probably should've posted this in the maintainers thread, oops. I'll head over there now, thanks!

Sgrealtor - good to see you too! Nice to see so many familiar faces are still here

Last edited by darthkitten; 02-09-2015 at 02:27 PM.
Old 02-09-2015, 03:23 PM   #15  

S/C/G: (Reboot) 297/See Ticker/220

Height: 6' 2"

Hi Everyone: After a 2 year relapse I am back on IP. I lost 51lbs and just before P4 I gave up and gained it back plus a bit. I'm looking forward to making it this time and keeping it off!! I am only in my first week but I had forgotten that initial high of "entering" ketosis. It is such a great feeling to not crave all the lousy stuff I always eat.

It makes me laugh when people balk at the price of IP. I save money!! Going out to Tim Hortons for breakfast and McDs at lunch plus all the other crap adds up pretty quick.

Anyway, I'm glad to be back on IP and back on 3Chicks and seeing so many familiar faces who are doing so well!!

Last edited by leadedge; 02-09-2015 at 03:24 PM.
Closed Thread