3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Community Weekend Chat Sat 2/7 - Sun 2/8/2015 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/302238-ip-community-weekend-chat-sat-2-7-sun-2-8-2015-a.html)

rebelgrl87 02-07-2015 06:31 PM

Thanks Pishposh. Yes, my tea has caffeine. I will have to watch that. I did give up my diet cokes and really haven't missed them that much. Learning something new everyday. Discovered I don't really like coffee that much without the sugar and flavored creamers.

Thanks, again.

Lizzy63 02-07-2015 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marcibeaucoup (Post 5129310)
Hi,

I'm going to turn 50 on Saturday and I'm giving myself a gift. I meet with my doc on Tuesday and then my coach on Friday to get started on the IP protocol. My goals? Well, to be healthier, to get off all (or most) of my meds, and to stop flirting with diabetes. I have between 50 to 60 pounds to lose. I would love to be in a size 10 again but if that's not possible, I'm okay with it. I just want to stop feeling sick and tired. I want off this roller coaster.

I've been mostly low carbing it for over three years but I fall off the wagon and it has been an up 5, down 2 experience for me thus far. I feel that I need structure and support and also to get to goal quicker so it's easier to maintain. I am aware that because I'm 50 and post-menopausal (surgical) and I've already been in and out of ketosis so much it'll likely be a tougher fight for me.

All that said -- my question to all of the current IP folks is -- is there anything you wish you would have known before you started your IP journey?

Thanks so much for any advice you can provide -- and for just being here. I will continue reading the previous posts so I can be better informed when I talk with my doc! Thanks again!

Marci

Hi, Marci - I wish I'd discovered this site sooner - so many great ideas for how to make this diet work!

By the way, make sure to stop by and visit us more experienced ladies on the Fabulous at 50+ thread! :)

marcibeaucoup 02-07-2015 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lizzy63 (Post 5129350)
Hi, Marci - I wish I'd discovered this site sooner - so many great ideas for how to make this diet work!

By the way, make sure to stop by and visit us more experienced ladies on the Fabulous at 50+ thread! :)

Hi Lizzy!

Thank you for your reply -- and I was really, really glad to see the 50+ thread. I look forward to joining you there! :carrot:

Marci

readytolive 02-07-2015 07:11 PM

Mmmm, I forgot how much I love pickles! And I'm really happy that this time around they count as vegetables.

My Saturday has been pretty mellow. I slept in until 8:15 (+3 hours more than I usually get), went into work and the system was down so instead I went grocery shopping for the next week and I've been home drooling over the food on Top Chef ever since!

readytolive 02-07-2015 07:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I was looking on old threads to see if I could find how many pickle spears equals a cup and stumbled upon this. Apparently I need to be watching my veggie measurements much more closely! Does this fall in line with what you've found your measurements to be? (It's a break down of how many grams/ounces is in a cup, 3/4 cup, 1/2 cup, etc)

shinyjo 02-07-2015 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by readytolive (Post 5129365)
I was looking on old threads to see if I could find how many pickle spears equals a cup and stumbled upon this. Apparently I need to be watching my veggie measurements much more closely! Does this fall in line with what you've found your measurements to be? (It's a break down of how many grams/ounces is in a cup, 3/4 cup, 1/2 cup, etc)

Thanks for the spreadsheet, readytolive! Yes pickles are a good thing! If we can't have sugar, at least we get salt!

I love your quote about --"no intention of finding it again." Very motivational!

Arobed 02-07-2015 11:09 PM

Thank you so much readytolive I have been searching for a tool like this

Arobed 02-07-2015 11:13 PM

Hi marcibeaucoup
BTW love the play on words for your user name :0)
I have to agree with Lizzy I wish I had known of this site before. I am also turning 50 but only this summer i think i will also follow the 50+ thread.

canadjineh 02-08-2015 04:23 AM

Very interesting youtube video from Dr. Peter Attia re: Insulin resistance and obesity.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3oI104STzs

He mentions the importance of avoiding sugars in the diet (also meaning simple starches) to prevent or manage insulin resistance followed by obesity, which is actually our bodies' way of coping with the extra energy in our blood.

Liana

Sgrealtor1 02-08-2015 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CenTXChk (Post 5129180)
Frawniemae- Enjoy your granddaughter. Can I send my daughter over? ;) She loves to scrapbook and that is so not my thing.

Up and at em this morning. Going garage saling to see what finds are out in the world today. Hoping to maybe find some clothes for my upcoming business trip for uber cheap. Weather is supposed to be in the 70's today so going to try and be out and enjoy it.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Never thought to go to garage sales for in between sizes! Thanks for the suggestion......of course with a foot + of snow on the ground and more heading our way tonight + tomorrow...no garage sales here for a while. I keep getting coupons by email for 30% off at old navy......I fill my virtual shopping bag and then I never check out lol.....just the thrills of the smaller size. Lol....

Quote:

Originally Posted by marcibeaucoup (Post 5129310)
Hi,

I'm going to turn 50 on Saturday and I'm giving myself a gift. I meet with my doc on Tuesday and then my coach on Friday to get started on the IP protocol. My goals? Well, to be healthier, to get off all (or most) of my meds, and to stop flirting with diabetes. I have between 50 to 60 pounds to lose. I would love to be in a size 10 again but if that's not possible, I'm okay with it. I just want to stop feeling sick and tired. I want off this roller coaster.

I've been mostly low carbing it for over three years but I fall off the wagon and it has been an up 5, down 2 experience for me thus far. I feel that I need structure and support and also to get to goal quicker so it's easier to maintain. I am aware that because I'm 50 and post-menopausal (surgical) and I've already been in and out of ketosis so much it'll likely be a tougher fight for me.

All that said -- my question to all of the current IP folks is -- is there anything you wish you would have known before you started your IP journey?

Thanks so much for any advice you can provide -- and for just being here. I will continue reading the previous posts so I can be better informed when I talk with my doc! Thanks again!

Marci

:welcome3: you have found a great place to start! Bookmark it and come back often....good luck on your journey. The one thing I wish I had known before I started was I am worth this! I am worth the cost of IP and I deserve the results I am getting. I wish I had known sooner about IP and how it has given me my life back. My energy and stamina and overall happiness has returned. I wish I had know IP could give me my life back sooner....I life that I wanted.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebelgrl87 (Post 5129312)
Good afternoon, Reading up on the threads today. Was looking at before and after pics. Wow - just wow! Looking forward to the day I can compare my before and after.

One question, I have been drinking unsweetened tea. Does anyone count this toward their water consumption for the day? Just wondering. I usually drink my water but also tea along with some powerade zero. Always I have a drink with me.

Thanks! Here's to a great OP weekend.

I treat myself to unsweetened tea when we go out to dinner, but I always get all my water in before. I like to have my needed amout of water in by lunch time. Then I have a decaf coffe I the late afternoon with a Torino sugar free syrup flavor in it ( I'm currently on a red velvet kick) I usually over do on the water so I don't worry about the occasional coffee, tea or mio drink.

Sorry I have been so busy and have not been around. This morning me and DS are off to volunteer at our local animal shelter and the he has a hockey game tonight. I need to get to Costco for some needed items and my seltzer water...other than that it will be a chill day before the snow comes in tomorrow..

Lilaberry 02-08-2015 08:20 AM

Good Morning Ipeeps, I know I have been a little absent on daily chat lately, life has been hectic, but I have still been OP and reading the forum. I lost 4.1 lbs this week, for a total of 16.3 in my first 5 weeks, I am actually starting to feel and see the difference now. I have also been doing some light cardio at the gym. I am feeling better about myself and actually believing that my goal is achievable. Thank you so much for the support that you have shown me. This forum has been so helpful and so encouraging. I too wish I had known about/started IP sooner, but maybe this was finally the right time for me. I hope you all are enjoying your weekend and keeping your eyes on the prize!

@Marci You are about to give yourself an amazing gift! Happy birthday!

@ReadytoLive That chart is great; thanks for sharing!
@Sgrealtor1 Do you order your sugar free syrups or are you able to find them in NJ supermarkets?

lisa32989 02-08-2015 08:23 AM

Quote:

The program was designed for simplicity, which is why it suggests cups for measuring. We can get caught up in small details or deal with the big picture.
It is perfectly okay to measure with cups!

Kcodrums 02-08-2015 12:09 PM

Getting tired of all of this snow in the northeast but loving the extra day of food prep for the week!!! Off to roast a couple of chickens!

hysteria_625 02-08-2015 01:56 PM

Quote:

Is that spreadsheet still valid? The latest protocol I have says mushrooms & celery are unrestricted (raw) with the various lettuces.

hysteria_625 02-08-2015 02:16 PM

Hi folks! :wave:
New to IP, but not to LC
My story's probably not much different - started a protocol similar to IP in 2003 - but on my own. I successfully dropped 60 pounds before becoming pregnant with our 2nd daughter in 2004. I then proceeded to put on 40 pounds, and then an additional 30 on top of that over the last 10 years. I've tried restarting LC off and on and in 2013 did Insanity with my hubby. Lost 40 pounds but it took a toll on my joints and I put it all back on.
The definition of "insanity" is doing the same thing over and over with the same results. I have come to the realization I need to try something new - I am ready to get rid of the weight - to get healthy and learn what I am going to need to do to maintain. I believe the additional support and protocol will get me to my goals.
Because of an unexpected fiscal set back, I am currently using alt-receipes and products - maintaining daily calories between 700 - 950. I start with my coach Valentines Day and will be officially "OP" that afternoon.
I would also note that my years of LC have taught me how important supplements are and have been cognizant of being on top of taking them.

I will also say that doing this on my own (without IP foods) has been a little bit of a challenge. I wasn't in the habit of prepping and was caught lacking a night or two - for my busy life, this will require preparing. I am a huge proponent of the saying "if you fail to plan, plan to fail".

One thing I miss...cheese! I know once I start getting my foods, I will be able to buy the broccoli cheddar soup (yay!). I feel like this may be a trigger food though - but are there any good alternatives for cheese?