Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2015, 11:03 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 192/145/145

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
I always found the Wildberry Yogourt drink satisfied my craving for fruit & yogourt.

Liana
On my first IP day, out of my starter pack, I picked the Wildberry Yogurt drink. Thought I would hate it and was very pleasantly surprised that it tasted so good. I've consistently gotten this every month or so and I like it for breakfast or a snack.

I will probably keep getting this in maintenance. (That and the BBQ crisps) as I have not found an alternative product that I like as much.
Old 02-17-2015, 07:27 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Quote:
Hello all! I began on January 30, but I consider myself a February starter
Hi Legal - welcome - I guess my official start date was 1/30 also, but that following weekend we were celebrating my husbands b'day and our anniversary and wasn't sure I was going to remain compliant - plus I hadn't met with my coach (just using info from 3FC). Needless to say, my loss was so good that first week I just couldn't jeopardize it and stuck to water all night, even with the beer tower in front of me It was also wonderful waking up with no hangover lol

Quote:
Looking forward to feeling healthy again

Me too Hug my first mini-goal is to be in onderland in about 6 weeks

Quote:
Do the cravings go away?
Lisa has some great advice! I will say 2.5 weeks in they seem to be getting better...but TOM (this week) has been a bit of a challenge. I was grateful to have a pre-made chocolate shake available. I don't normally like chocolate (I get accused of not being a 'normal' woman lol) - only TOM & I NEED chocolate / cocoa...maybe I am feeding something but it keeps me sane lol

Quote:
I'm very tired and my energy level seems low. I must say that I've been sleeping really well these last few days. One thing I've noticed is that I'm freezing. Anyone else having this issue?
Hi KDL - Energy levels should even out as you adapt to ketosis. Are you taking the necessary supplements? I started out without a multi-vitamin and since adding that, have noticed a difference. The cold comes and goes - Saturday night I didn't think I would ever feel warm again - it was the second time I experienced that...the first time was about 6 days on protocol. It doesn't help that our daytime highs have been below freezing for a couple days now.

Today was SO much frikkin-fun!!!! We got about 5 inches of light snow - hubby shoveled us out while I was tele-working and we spent the afternoon sledding with DD10! Wasn't snowman making snow - but perfect for the sled - and the weather was good - bright, blue skies, sun, and about 30 degrees.

Anyone using MFP to track?
Old 02-17-2015, 11:36 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 222/210/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by janby View Post
I am new to IP and started February 2. After the first few days, I have been surprised how easy I am finding this program to be to follow. My weight losses so far have been great and it is motivating me to continue. I have been searching the forums for tips, recipes, and product information and am grateful that there are so many posts to help me be successful.
I feel the same way. I was shocked at how easy I find it to stay on program. I think a lot of it has to do with the food being pretty decent. I has my weighin tonight and I'm down 8lbs which I was pretty happy with consider its TOM and I just started another round of fertility treatments. I'm really hoping the treatments don't counteract the fat loss too much!
Old 02-18-2015, 12:03 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 193/161/150

Height: 5'5"

Sauteed romaine lettuce never tasted so good. Seriously, garlic powder is a wonderful thing. Somewhere on this forum, I read about using the cappuccino mix with coffee and it was the highlight of my week. I can't drink black coffee so it was a flavor explosion in my mouth.

Tomorrow is my first WI. Wish me luck.
Old 02-18-2015, 12:04 AM   #65  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktgal View Post
I feel the same way. I was shocked at how easy I find it to stay on program. I think a lot of it has to do with the food being pretty decent. I has my weighin tonight and I'm down 8lbs which I was pretty happy with consider its TOM and I just started another round of fertility treatments. I'm really hoping the treatments don't counteract the fat loss too much!
8 pounds down!! Good job, good job!!
Old 02-18-2015, 12:06 AM   #66  

Hysteria- I'm taking the supplements that were given to me at the clinic. I wore spank today to work not for the support but to keep me warm. It did the trick. I'm probably the only cold person in Las Vegas this week.
Old 02-18-2015, 11:02 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 187/183/145

Height: 5'7"

Hysteria--Thanks for the welcome! I'm with you, I had a birthday party the weekend I started as well, I just tried to nibble on veggies. I have been able to stay completely away from alcohol. I didn't drink very much anyway, but go out with friends, or people from work quite often, and will usually have a drink. It doesn't help that my office has beer thirty every Friday! However, I have not had any drinks since starting, and I feel great! I don't even miss it!
Old 02-18-2015, 02:36 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 242/222/160

Height: 5'10"

Thanks for the advice! Support and accountability are what I need to keep me on this path. That, and watching the scale drop! Only day three and I'm down 4 pounds. I know that is mostly water, but I'm not carrying it around any more!
Old 02-18-2015, 04:33 PM   #69  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by shasta10 View Post
On my first IP day, out of my starter pack, I picked the Wildberry Yogurt drink.
Also makes wonderful muffins (when mixed with the crispy cereal packet).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britt2298 View Post
New to IP, have been doing lots of research. I go visit my coach and will begin Thursday. Excited to have support and all this expert advice!
Welcome to IP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdramalover View Post
Hello, newbie here to 3FC. It's my first time on IP. I started last Thursday so it's day 5 for me. So far it's alright. I'm very tired and my energy level seems low. I must say that I've been sleeping really well these last few days. I'm happy to find some others on the same journey as me. One thing I've noticed is that I'm freezing. Anyone else having this issue?
Welcome to IP. Having cold hands and feet is one of the classic signs of being in ketosis. It will pass as soon as your body adapts to using ketones as fuel and stops overproducing them when it knows your consumption level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie4625 View Post

I am a newbie that started last Tuesday so today will be my first weigh in with my coach! I am excited to see how many inches/pounds I lost, because I can already feel a big difference in my clothes!

I am not hungry nor crave foods for the most part, but when I am late to eat a meal the cravings set in. I always keep a bag of cucumber slices with me. Do the cravings go away?

I love reading all these posts for motivation and support!
Welcome to IP. Yes, the cravings will diminish once you get the remembered taste of sugar and fats out of your system. Something to remember for a month or two down the line is that your sense of taste will change. The foods you find completely disgusting now may end up becoming your "go to" favourites as your tastebuds adapt to the sucralose and acesulfame potassium sweetener rather than sucrose (refined sugar).

Keep a bottle of water handy for between meals. It can often make the difference between giving in to a craving or the sensation of hunger and making it through to the next meal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUGEmongus View Post
Well I went to the counselor yesterday and will begin the IP diet Thursday starting weight is 283 first goal I have set is 250. Looking forward to feeling healthy again
Welcome to IP. Glad to see you have a plan to make short term goals and keeping moving the goalposts as you progress. It's a great way to enjoy achievements on the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalEagle14 View Post
Hello all! I began on January 30, but I consider myself a February starter My first week went really well, I lost almost 6 pounds. The second week, and start of the third, I was traveling for work and a mini vacation. I tried to plan, but even the best laid plans come undone. I did really well the first couple of days, but Saturday and Sunday I had a really hard time not giving in to cravings. I had some s'mores at a campfire, and a donut Sunday morning. I gained about a pound at my check-in at the center.

I'm taking it in stride, as I know what caused the gain and what I need to do to continue to lose. This is a new week, and I have been doing much better! I find that I have a hard time getting all of my veggies in, so I really have to plan those into my day. I have been looking at all of the great recipes posted, and they are so helpful!

Seems like everyone is doing great! Keep it up!
Welcome LegalEagle.

Quote:
Congrats and welcome ktgal, that's a nice start. Does your fertility clinic know you're on a ketogenic diet? Bear in mind that we have eliminated dairy, nuts and fruit and, although we have supplements to make up for the shortfall they are not as easily absorbed as real food nutrients. You might want to run it by them just in case they want to increase amounts or change you to the diabetic version of the diet in case you do get pregnant on the next round. Good luck with that process.

Quote:
Sauteed romaine lettuce never tasted so good. Seriously, garlic powder is a wonderful thing. Somewhere on this forum, I read about using the cappuccino mix with coffee and it was the highlight of my week. I can't drink black coffee so it was a flavor explosion in my mouth.

Welcome to IP. Good luck on your first WI. Hopefully it's a great one to get you started and keep you motivated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliemp View Post
Thanks for the advice! Support and accountability are what I need to keep me on this path. That, and watching the scale drop! Only day three and I'm down 4 pounds. I know that is mostly water, but I'm not carrying it around any more!
Welcome to IP, juliemp. Isn't it wonderful knowing that you are lighter, even in the first few days? Hopefully it'll keep you focused on the goals future you wants to meet!
Old 02-18-2015, 05:51 PM   #70  

I just restarted yesterday so this is day 2 for me and so far so good. When I went OP the first time it was Sept of 2013 and I lost almost 35 pounds then maintained for a full year. I made the mistake of getting way too comfortable with wine, cheese, and some bad carbs and gained about 12 pounds back.

I'm really happy to see I'm not alone in this restart journey. For those that are new to IP, this really works and it's worth it. I am committed to phase off properly this time and am aiming to lose 25 pounds that I plan to keep off.

I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 02-18-2015, 07:22 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 339/329/146

Default Hey there :)

My first appointment is tomorrow morning. I'm actually going to start the day with two hard-boiled eggs and no carbs, so that I can officially start IP tomorrow, rather than waiting until Friday.

Full disclosure: this is my second time. The first time, I totally fell apart, because a Big Scary Medical Thing happened, along with some badly timed travel, and I didn't really do the later phases. I just dropped off and went back to bad habits. And, honestly? I didn't actually drop all my bad habits even while I was on IP. I cheated ... with cheese.

I expect this time to be different, because there's less stress in my environment (total stress-eater, here); the Big Scary Medical Thing is being dealt with (and will be improved with weight loss, actually); and I don't already have a whole social life built up around food or drinking, here. (I lived in a different state, with different friends, last time.) Also, I'm giving up cheese. I even put it in my blog title: http://ayearwithoutcheese.dreamwidth.org/

By my math, I can't really get to my goal weight--really, goal pants size, but that isn't how IP thinks about things --in less than 9 months, and it could easily take a year. So I'm in this for the long haul.

Here we go!
Old 02-18-2015, 07:55 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 222/210/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briael View Post

Congrats and welcome ktgal, that's a nice start. Does your fertility clinic know you're on a ketogenic diet? Bear in mind that we have eliminated dairy, nuts and fruit and, although we have supplements to make up for the shortfall they are not as easily absorbed as real food nutrients. You might want to run it by them just in case they want to increase amounts or change you to the diabetic version of the diet in case you do get pregnant on the next round. Good luck with that process.
Hey!
Thanks for the concern! Definitely something you want to tell your Dr about if your getting any treatments!
Yeah I did let them know I'm on the diet. They said it's fine as long as I stop if I become pregnant. I would know within two weeks if I do fall pregnant so they said it's fine. I'm only doing mess with an iui (thus will be our 6th try) this time and if that doesn't work we will try ivf in December at which point I should be phased off. You never know the weight loss alone might be enough to get me pregnant. One can always hope!
Old 02-18-2015, 08:27 PM   #73  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Hey!
Thanks for the concern! Definitely something you want to tell your Dr about if your getting any treatments!
Yeah I did let them know I'm on the diet. They said it's fine as long as I stop if I become pregnant. I would know within two weeks if I do fall pregnant so they said it's fine. I'm only doing mess with an iui (thus will be our 6th try) this time and if that doesn't work we will try ivf in December at which point I should be phased off. You never know the weight loss alone might be enough to get me pregnant. One can always hope!
Glad to hear they have it covered. Best of luck with the ivi and fingers crossed losing weight will lead to a healthy pregnancy for you.
Old 02-18-2015, 10:28 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 214/209/155

Hi there, I have been lurking around the site all week. I started IP last week and lost almost 6lbs my first week. And I have a surprising amount of energy. Thanks for all of the tips and support.
Old 02-18-2015, 11:03 PM   #75  

Quote:

Good luck on your WI!
Closed Thread