Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 04:50 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 333/333/200

Height: 6'

Default Happy Lundi Gras, everyone!

In Louisiana, we say "Laissez les bons temps rouler!", but I've let the good times roll a bit much! Ash Wednesday is in two days, then Lent (and my birthday). Although I'm not Catholic, I do see something meaningful in the discipline of Lent. Or maybe it's starting a new life in the Spring. Hopefully I can focus on the now and the future rather than the past . So far so good with IP--just learning what I like and don't. I don't know about weight-loss--I see my coach on Thrusday--but I can see my ankle bones again--no cankles!--and one pair of jeans seems looser.... I thought my weird spell yesterday was the dreaded "keto flu" but I think it was just that girl thing? Anyway, you guys have really helped me make this decision to move forward. So maybe it really is "Laissez les bons temps rouler!"
Old 02-16-2015, 04:59 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 242/222/160

Height: 5'10"

First day going well, but I was out running errands longer than expected and was seriously hungry! I stopped and bought a hard boiled egg which kept me going until I got home for lunch.

So, a couple of questions for those of you that have been at this for awhile.
1. What to you keep in your purse in case you are ready to start chewing on your arm? I've kept nuts handy when I've done Atkins, but they are not allowed on phase 1.
2. How do you improve the taste of the tomato basil soup? It was nasty!
Old 02-16-2015, 06:02 PM   #48  

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliemp View Post
First day going well, but I was out running errands longer than expected and was seriously hungry! I stopped and bought a hard boiled egg which kept me going until I got home for lunch.

1. What to you keep in your purse in case you are ready to start chewing on your arm? I've kept nuts handy when I've done Atkins, but they are not allowed on phase 1.
Good for you to get an egg instead of a bag of chips! I usually had a restricted bar with me or in my car for emergencies. That said and in all honesty, the biggest thing is learning to plan ahead and get in the groove. I've not been savvy at chopping/prepping, etc and having things ready to grab or planning out meals. This protocol forces you to learn it and do it (which is not a bad thing). But there are those moments and a bar was easiest to pack along.

No advice on the soup. Didn't like it either, didn't waste my time or money on it. BUT, you could make "bread". I don't know where I grabbed this (just doing a copy/paste from my archive). Most likely it's from Rainbow's recipe threads (brilliantly creative woman and my lifesaver during my round 1). Look in the stickies and browse her's and other's recipes for ideas.

Bread
Ingredients:

Egg whites (beaten) from 2 large or 3 small eggs
1 package IP Soup (I have used Chicken, Leek, and Tomato. All were great)
1 tsp baking powder
Spices to taste (For example, thyme, pepper, garlic powder)
OPTIONAL: 1 tsp olive oil (I use this, but its not mandatory)
OPTIONAL: I use 1/4 to 1/2 packet of sweetener (Truvia/ Splenda) if I am using a large amount of dried herbs to cut the bitter aftertaste. However, I recommend NOT adding it the first time you make this.

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 200 C.
2. Beat egg whites (doesnt have to be stiff...just well mixed)
3. Add in IP Soup package and baking powder. mix until blended.
4. Add in spices to taste.
5. Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
6. Using a spatula, scoop out the dough and spread onto the paper in a rectangle shape. (See picture) Should not be too thin.
I let this rise for about 5 minutes, but its not mandatory.
7. Bake for about 10-15 minutes until desired doneness.

Spice Suggestions:
Thyme Chicken: IP Chicken Soup, 1/2 tsp thyme, dash of herbal salt, garlic salt.

Rosemary Chicken: IP Chicken Soup, 1 tsp rosemary, 1/4 package sweetener (Splenda/ Truvia), 1/2 tsp dried onion flakes

Sundried Tomato & Basil: IP Tomato & Bail soup, 1/2 tsp basil, 1/2 tsp horseradish paste, 1 chopped sun dried tomato, 1/2 tsp dried onion flakes

Pizza Bread: IP Tomato & Basil Soup, 1 tsp Pizza herbs (oregano, basil , thyme, marjorum, etc), mixed pepper (white, black, green pink)

Lemon Ginger with Leeks: IP leek Soup, generous sprinkle of Lemon Pepper, 1/4 tsp ginger (or chopped ginger), 1 tsp lemon juice, 1/2 packet sweetener

Mexican Tostada: IP Leek soup, taco seasoning (sugarless)

In the comments section, write your own suggestions!

Last edited by 2Poles1Girl; 02-16-2015 at 06:28 PM.
Old 02-16-2015, 06:16 PM   #49  

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliemp View Post

The egg was a GREAT choice!

I learned to have packets EVERYWHERE. purse, car, DH's car, office desk. So easy to pick up a bottle of water to shake it in. I'm also not so picky so I can have a RTD room temp, if I don't have access to a cup of ice. But your best bet is to be SUPER planned. However, even best laid plans sometimes don't work out quite right, which is why I had the emergency backup.

Re soups. I only liked the cream of chicken or cream of mushroom. And then only if I added pureed veggies.

Last edited by lisa32989; 02-16-2015 at 06:16 PM.
Old 02-16-2015, 07:14 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Quote:
I am new to IP and started February 2. After the first few days, I have been surprised how easy I am finding this program to be to follow. My weight losses so far have been great and it is motivating me to continue. I have been searching the forums for tips, recipes, and product information and am grateful that there are so many posts to help me be successful
Welcome janby! There are tons of great recipes - I am finding it a good idea to check the 'what are we eating today' thread...found "crack slaw" that I fixed tonight and cauliflower fritters I am planning on trying tomorrow.

Quote:
In Louisiana, we say "Laissez les bons temps rouler!", but I've let the good times roll a bit much! Ash Wednesday is in two days, then Lent (and my birthday). Although I'm not Catholic, I do see something meaningful in the discipline of Lent. Or maybe it's starting a new life in the Spring. Hopefully I can focus on the now and the future rather than the past . So far so good with IP--just learning what I like and don't. I don't know about weight-loss--I see my coach on Thrusday--but I can see my ankle bones again--no cankles!--and one pair of jeans seems looser.... I thought my weird spell yesterday was the dreaded "keto flu" but I think it was just that girl thing? Anyway, you guys have really helped me make this decision to move forward. So maybe it really is "Laissez les bons temps rouler!"
Tashy - been to Mardi Gras? It is on my bucket list Those are some great NSV's - always great to feel the clothes getting looser! One of my mini-goals is to be able to use a belt I bought about a year ago.

Quote:
Julie - Lisa has some great ideas! I carry a large purse and keep a pre-mix shake in there.
The hunger should abate once ketosis kicks in - but here is a good thread with advice: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...hunger-ip.html and here http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ut-hunger.html
One great thing about IP has been figuring out when I am really hungry vs boredom/stress/tiredness - I had all that sorted out before but returning to a SAD diet / carbs really mess with that thermostat (well, at least my thermostat )
Lol - sorry about the soup - I tried the broccoli cheddar...when I mixed in my own broccoli puree with curry, it was edible. The "breads" sound interesting. I am very, very grateful that I like to cook.

SNOW!!!!!!!! Finally after a couple weeks of off & on bitter cold, we are getting a decent storm - 6 - 10" in our neck of the woods. Been snowing since 1pm. Snow day / working from home tomorrow

Also, I made crack slaw tonight. Only one thing...I don't think the soy sauce I had was in the greatest shape. No mold and it didn't taste bad...but it was strong - to me at least. I looked around on line and don't think I need to worry about food poisoning, but it definitely is the overwhelming flavor of the slaw. This is a recipe I will be doing again - but with a new bottle of soy sauce
Old 02-16-2015, 07:33 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 166.4/169.1/135

Height: 5'3"

Day 1 done. I ate salads, lean beef, the Orange drink, choc pre- made pudding and the oatmeal today. All 3 IP foods were edible, and dare I say the oatmeal was actually good! Drank lots, feeling hungry, but keeping occupied with my toddler and spending the evening curled up with a book. It is freezing here, everything shut down with a snow day.
Old 02-16-2015, 07:44 PM   #52  

WTG Alemap! It is kind of fun wandering through the IP Packets and seeing what you like and what you don't. Something that happened for many of us is we wouldn't like something at first, but a few months down the road we'd try it again and it worked....just something to think about. My first time with butterscotch pudding was interesting..and one I haven't touched since.

Anyway, good job on Day 1. Keep up on your water, salt, oil and supplements! They too are important.
Old 02-16-2015, 09:01 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 182/152/Healthy

Height: 5'2"

Default New to IP

New to IP, have been doing lots of research. I go visit my coach and will begin Thursday. Excited to have support and all this expert advice!
Old 02-16-2015, 10:35 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

I liked the broccoli Cheddar soup from the get-go, lol. I still like it and buy it once in a while for my maintenance plan quick meal ideas.
*Dark Chocolate pudding is improved with coarsely ground sea salt on top and chili powder to your taste.
*Or try it with a lot of cinnamon in it.
*Or mix it with Walden Farms Peanut spread (yucky on its own but useful when mixed as a Thai style sauce or for this 'Reeses' dessert)
*Or mix in WF Strawberry spread (you have to work to mash this well before it mixes in) for a 'Black Forest' pudding.

I always found the Wildberry Yogourt drink satisfied my craving for fruit & yogourt.

Welcome 2015 Feb gals! You'll be so glad you did this... (P1 compliant dancing broccoli for you)

Liana
Old 02-16-2015, 11:19 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 193/161/150

Height: 5'5"

Hello, newbie here to 3FC. It's my first time on IP. I started last Thursday so it's day 5 for me. So far it's alright. I'm very tired and my energy level seems low. I must say that I've been sleeping really well these last few days. I'm happy to find some others on the same journey as me. One thing I've noticed is that I'm freezing. Anyone else having this issue?

Last edited by kdramalover; 02-16-2015 at 11:31 PM.
Old 02-17-2015, 02:26 AM   #56  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdramalover View Post
Hello, newbie here to 3FC..... One thing I've noticed is that I'm freezing. Anyone else having this issue?
Welcome KDL, glad you found us. There is a heap of great info to help you along the way. I am back doing a reboot and I'm finding lots has changed...for the better.

The last time I was on IP, I was cold often but it would come and go and it didn't happen until I'd lost quite a bit of weight. Warm tea was always my go-to.

Last edited by 2Poles1Girl; 02-17-2015 at 02:27 AM.
Old 02-17-2015, 09:35 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 266/255/170

Height: 5'10"

Default Newbie in February!

Morning All!

I am a newbie that started last Tuesday so today will be my first weigh in with my coach! I am excited to see how many inches/pounds I lost, because I can already feel a big difference in my clothes!

I am not hungry nor crave foods for the most part, but when I am late to eat a meal the cravings set in. I always keep a bag of cucumber slices with me. Do the cravings go away?

I love reading all these posts for motivation and support!
Old 02-17-2015, 09:53 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 283/266/225

Height: 6'1

Well I went to the counselor yesterday and will begin the IP diet Thursday starting weight is 283 first goal I have set is 250. Looking forward to feeling healthy again
Old 02-17-2015, 10:30 AM   #59  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie4625 View Post
Do the cravings go away?
Welcome!
I had to learn the difference between a craving (wanting to eat) and hunger (needing to eat).

I'm still not always good at responding only to hunger. But I know that if I'm truly hungry then some lettuce or celery will tide me over til my next meal. Otherwise, it is a craving and if I distract myself somehow, it usually subsides.

We've responded for many years to cravings by giving in to them. It actually makes them worse. So, the more we learn to ignore them (mostly by finding something to do) the stronger we get. Do they EVER totally go away? Mine haven't. But Ketosis sure helps put a kebash on a lot of the hunger.

The book, The Beck Diet Plan, helps teach strategies for dealing with cravings. For me, it is a must-read (and re-read) to help with the weight journey, which doesn't stop when we get to goal. Then there is the learning to maintain.
Old 02-17-2015, 10:55 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 187/183/145

Hello all! I began on January 30, but I consider myself a February starter My first week went really well, I lost almost 6 pounds. The second week, and start of the third, I was traveling for work and a mini vacation. I tried to plan, but even the best laid plans come undone. I did really well the first couple of days, but Saturday and Sunday I had a really hard time not giving in to cravings. I had some s'mores at a campfire, and a donut Sunday morning. I gained about a pound at my check-in at the center.

I'm taking it in stride, as I know what caused the gain and what I need to do to continue to lose. This is a new week, and I have been doing much better! I find that I have a hard time getting all of my veggies in, so I really have to plan those into my day. I have been looking at all of the great recipes posted, and they are so helpful!

Seems like everyone is doing great! Keep it up!

Last edited by LegalEagle14; 02-17-2015 at 10:56 AM.
Closed Thread